Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #17

Merry Christmas everyone, not sure when I will get on here again, things are way hectic.

Love to all it has been lovely sharing the year with you all with our new MAY bubbies.

oh Jodie, ((((hugs)))) wow men are just plain clueless alright definately a long distant drink session i think my Bday is the 13th i so don't expect anything for Vday but gosh darn it i expect a small token of what i mean to him on my birth day

I bought Dacry the cutest pair of "my first volleys" yesterday! They're a bit big but at least they'll last through winter....

Sleeping's going well today so far.

Hi Girls,

Just poppin in too say hi. I am alive!!! I have been so tired this week that i have'nt had time too come in. Just been coming home cooking tea and going to bed.

I am going to have a sleep with brent and briley now so i will BBL!

Jodie259 Guest

Shazz - I tell you what - how about we buy each other a little gift for our birthdays?! I've sent you an email about the other thing!

Kim - good to hear that Darcy has made such a fast improvement in her sleeping. It must be such a relief. And I bet the volleys are cute. Yariv bought Shaun a pair of leather PUMA shoes when he was little. On the sole of one foot it said "brake" and on the other foot it said "power". They are so adorable!
    And with regards to the presents - nup - getting nothing. But when you don't expect anything, it's not a disappointment!

Sara - I've missed our chats - but I've been working at nights, and you've probably been knackered too. So special hi to you. Hope you're coping okay with the pregnancy.

We went to Yarivs work party last night and Yariv drank too much vodka. Which doesn't take much because he's not a drinker. He got "morning sickness" during the night!!! Our neighbour came in and minded Shaun, and he was a little monkey. Cried for 3 hours before going to sleep exhausted. But he did sleep all night - just waking up once at 3am.

My Dad is definately going to be in hospital on Xmas day... but he is improving well from his operation. And guess what - he's in KYLIE MINOGUE'S room (when she was treated for cancer!!!). So that's a bit special. I'm off to see him shortly.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and I'm looking foward to another year sharing our journeys and milestones with a children. I'm glad that I have made new friends with all of you.

Just thinking about you Vic. Good luck tomorrow morning. Hope it doesn't go too badly. You going to insist on a good pressie after the MIL birthday pressie issue?

Hope your dad's feeling better Jodie. Sometimes being in hossie at Christmas can be special too. The nurses don't want it to be awful for themselves either.

I had great plans to send out chrissie cards to you all, but they are still here cos the PO wasn't open today so they will be new years cards
    Last edited by ~Kim~; December 23rd, 2006 at 05:40 PM.

Morning ladies....Happy Christmas Eve to you all, and to all our little bubba's.

I've enjoyed getting to know you over the past few months, and love the fact that I know so many mums 'n bubs now. Would not have thought so a year ago.

I hope you all have a nice Christmas tonight and tomorrow, and may all plans run smoothly.

I'm off to my mum and dad's tonight for opening of presents -there's lots this year!!! Most with Kaitlyn on the tag. And tomorrow it's just Mark and I over at mum and dad's for lunch, which should be nice and quiet.

For those who have IL problems, I will be thinking of you. Just keep your babie's close and remember that they love you more than life itself. Kaitlyn's been really clingy these past few days, which is nice as I feel really needed, but how frustrating when you want to get things done. I can't believe how fast she's growing up.

Before I go, here's something to maybe make you laugh. On Thursday I bumped my head (in the temple) while picking up one of Katy's toys and gave myself concussion. The headache is only going now almost two whole days later. I did not have my glasses on and hit it on one of those old milk urns at mum's. How silly do I feel. It made such a loud noise too.

Oh and keep your fingers crossed for DH. He went for an interview on Wednesday and will find out in early Jan whether he's sucessful. It's to run his own Bunnings store. Would mean a company car which would help us out financially A LOT....

Best be off... lots to do before I go to M & D's, the place looks like a tornado has hit it.

HAppy christmas everyone

Jodie ~ lol i love giving and receiving gifts so yup our birthdays sounds like a great idea

off to have chrissy lunch at my sisters today yummmmmm we drove 2 and a half hours to the coast yesterday afternoon to get our fresh seafood straight off the trawlers
    ohh i can't wait

Argghh I had to move the EH this morning. Not only am I not strong enough, I didn't even know where to put the key to start the buggar!

We had a chirssie party our neighbours last night which was lovely, but since we were up til midnight and Can had to get up at 4.30 and then we're out tonight (to the inlaws ) he's going to be a bit poo after we have to get home, wrap the Santa pressies and get brekkie ready for a 7.30am start tomorrow when everyone gets here.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Hope you enjoy the day with your families!

Hi kim
    Is there anything you can do today to help you so you don't have to do it in the morning? Probably a silly question cause if there was you would have done it.
    I think the concussion has affected my thinking even MORE THAN USUAL!!!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Afternoon Ladies....

Where do I begin, I have been trying to keep up with all of your posts...even though I haven't been posting myself.

Went and picked up the kids chrissy lay-by on Friday...they usually wrap everything in black plastic which is good (prying little eyes, lol) and would you believe it they wrapped everything except Samuel's Bob the Builder toy. Of course he saw it and got very excited. Straight away I start saying 'no that's not yours, it belongs to another little boy'. The lady at the counter finally realised what was going on and quickly whisked it away to be wrapped PROPERLY...

I wrapped all the presents and told DH to put them away, but NO he put all of them under the tree. We have a big tv cabinet so the tree and the presents are on the top. As soon as Samuel saw them in the morning, I think he thought that santa had come early. I was not very impressed with DH. We had visitors last night and I set Samuel up on the lounge with a blanket, pillow and wiggles video. A short time later he came out whispering to me 'mum, come look'....I went inside to find he had unwrapped one of his presents...little bugger. This morning, by the time we got up, DH had hidden all of the presents (that's what should have been done in the first place) he told Samuel that Santa had seen that he had been naught and took them all away. You wouldn't believe it an hour later he had found the presents. He probably would have found them even if we put them on the roof.

BBL....visitors!!!

Merry Christmas and a very safe and happy christmas for all

Happy Christmas Everyone.

May all our May bubbies enjoy their very first Christmas today.

Morning every one hope every one had a cracker of a day yesterday beautiful weather up here in qld for not to hot ... pity we didn't get some rain though but today is looking promising lots of clouds

Morning Ladies,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just popping my head in quickly. Been a very busy time for us!! Bout to have a heap of ppl come out for the day and for a bbq tonight.

Chrissy day was good. HOT HOT HOT though!!! Its was almost unbearable! Dont know what it got up too though. Briley got HEAPS of pressies. Brent and I got a fair few too which was nice. Briley is loving her pressies!

Everything else is ok. I have'nt been on lately cause there is Trojan on my computer and i dont want to use it until i know its gone. I am running a live update of Norton at the moment too see if that gets rid of it. If that does'nt my cousin is going to give me something to get rid of it. Brent is now banned from the computer!! Everytime he gets on it something goes wrong!

I am going ok. Still quite tired. I dont think i was this tired with Briley. Somtimes i just feel so awful it almost makes me cry. I have been sick the last couple of morning but that is only cause i have'nt eaten breakfast at the normal times i have been.

Well i have some cleaning too do before everyone gets here. Sorry for the lack of personals. If i get rid of this trojan i will be back this afternoon.

Hope you are all well. Have fun!!!!!!!

BBL

Merry Christmas All! I hope you days were relaxing and a nice time with you babies and families!

My day started at 6.30 yesterday and finished around 5.10am this morning! LOL Poor Darcy was so overtired she couldn't shut down. Ended up with her in the bed with me until about 8. That was a couple of hours at least.

The IL must be determined to win the 'competition' they think they are in with my parents cos you should see all the stuff they got her. Half the clothes won't fit til she's about 3 and half the toys I won't let her have until then either, but oh well. The TMX elmo's pretty funny though.

I had a really good day too. Planned a beautiful brekkie spread and then they just wanted toast, so Cam and I had a yum brekkie. Then we went to my noisy family for lunch and didn't leave until 8o'clock. Mum bought me this beautiful book called "Memories of me for my daughter" (as well as our holiday). You fill in about your life for her to have when she's older. I cried when I read through it. I wish she (mum) would do one for me. I took Darcy on my nephews little battery ride on quad bike - she loved it. She was sitting on it by herself and Cam was giving the accelerator little pushes (he was holding her), but she managed to put it into reverse without him knowing and the next time he pushed it it ran over his foot - very funny.

Guess what else Cam bought me.....rollerblades!!! I can't wait to take Darcy to the Regatta Centre and whiz her around! I had one on all morning while I was making brekkie. I should have stayed 5 my whole life Got heaps of other nice stuff too. Glad my Dad owns a garbage truck though, so he can take all the rubbish away.

We're off to mum and dads for a bid boxing day lunch. My BIL and I are going to whoop Cam and my sisters bottoms in "name that tune".

Kim- roller blades LMAO!! You will be the coolest mum! I will have to tell my 15yr old when she gets home from work. She will either be very impressed or shocked that a mother would get them!
    Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. We had a quiet day but really nice all the same.
    On Christmas Eve we picked Jess up from Maccas at 5.30 and had a quick dinner of that then went to the movies to see Flushed Away, everyone loved it and laughed heaps and Riley was an angel the whole time and stayed awake and happy which was great. I would definitely recommend it to all ages. We got Erin to bed by 9 with Santa's snack and a note all laid out, then I got Santa presents out on my bed and Erin gave us all a heart attack by coming downstairs in her sleep to lokk for her shoes which she put on and walked back to bed and climbed in with her shoes on!!
    Got to bed by 12 after doing everything that needed doing and Erin got up at 6am! Much excitement and present unwrapping. Riley liked the paper the best I think.
    Had my dad, brother and sil over for lunch. Sil is pg and was due 20th Dec. so she is getting sick of being questioned about when she is having the baby so we tried not to mention it. Played Simpson's Game of Life which was fun and ate far far too much!
    Just dad and us for dinner which was just lunch on bread rolls!
    Had to drive DD#1 to work at Maccas at 6:40 this morning so she will be exhausted tonight. We are going to my mum's relatives today so lots more food and noise.

Jodie259 Guest

As I've mentioned before, my dad is in hospital, and was going to be there on Xmas day too. So I said to my stepmum (SM) that I would grab some of Shauns toys, and the santa suit that I had bought (for DH to wear), grab my SBro on the way and we would come into the hospital to open some presents. She found out that we could get a Xmas lunch from the hospital for $15 each. But then my miserable dad gets on the phone to me and starts grumbling about not wanting to take presents home (??) etc. and said "Shaun wouldn't care - he doesn't know what day it is..." I cracked it with him. I said to him that tomorrow was Shauns 1st Xmas - not next week, next month or next year! And Shaun might not care - but I DO!!. So I said I'm not going to waste my time coming to the hospital if he doesn't want us there. And my SB said he would come to our house for lunch instead. My SM came over in the morning and watched Shaun open all his presents, then she went of to the hosp. She was soooo angry with my Dad. He phoned me and said he was sorry. Turns out he's been a martyr and not taking any pain medication (typical guy attitude!)... and he's been in pain. So when they found out, they dosed him up and he was much happier. He's actually coming out of hospital in an hour.

My stepsis who no-ones seen for over 6 months showed up at my house too which was a wonderful surprise. My SM came back from the hospital in time to catch up with her too... and said that it went from one of the worst Xmas's (dramas the night before) - to her best Xmas ever (wouldn't go that far!).

My SM came to my house early this morning and we went to the local shopping centre for Boxing Day sales. Got heaps of Xmas bargains. Beautiful tree decorations, stockings, bonbons etc.

Poor Shaun was overwhelmed by all his new toys. He would get so tired, but wouldn't go to sleep. And when he did sleep, he died. He had a good 8-9 hours sleep overnight (thank god)... and right now he's in bed with his Daddy - must take a photo... they look so cute.

Hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas without too many family dramas. I'm lucky I don't have IL's to deal with. And I don't have to deal with my mother anymore either. Phew! I'm really looking forward to next year when the family can get together and Shaun will be old enough to understand what's going on. (I've already bought him some presents for next year!).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast