Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #17

Yes Kim as you know we have an active active child. Wade's mum looked after him today and she kept checking on him when she put him down for a sleep and she couldn't believe how much he got around the cot and I would say the same I don't even think he close to crawlin, but boy can he get around that cot. Tonight I went in there and he went to sleep on his belly with his legs raised like a crawling position, my god, how can he go to sleep like that..............

I am taking him into town tomorrow for Wade's mum to again look after him while I do some shopping, and our dilema is where to put him, there is no way we are putting him on the bed again, might be a floor job I think.

As for the bright baby comment they say reflux babies are bright cause they are awake alot, so heres hoping for our babies to be genius's LOL.

Only had to get up once last night!!! AND I put her down at 9 and hardly heard a wimper! WOOOHOOO!
    Totally changed the routine, but I think it's harder for me than her her

C'mon (stamps foot) I want someone to be excited......LOL gees everyone else must have a life.

WAY TO GO DARCY.....

I am so happy for you Kim.... and I am really excited. Kaitlyn's started not sleeping through these last few days. Perhaps someone swapped our babies!... I think Katy's definately teething. IF the pooh's are some indication

I finished my last Christmas present today and am just about to pack away the sewing machine. It's been out for over two months, and has almost become a fixture on my dining table.

BBL

Thanks Leanne!

major vent
    arrgh i had the worst day
    i'm sorry i have to get this out , skip it if you want

i hate men i hate my husband in particuliar and i hate stupid inconsiderate people and i will NEVER ever again attempt to leave any christmas shopping this late in the game .... mad i tell you

and to top it off my hubby is an idiot ... and god i hope he reads this
    lets put it this way
    1. christmas day has the same date every year ( obvisously my DH doest think so )
    2. my birthday also falls on the same day every year ( again i guess in his world it does not )
    3. if he forgets to get me one more gift i'm getting divorced ....

he actually had the hide to blame me for not getting my gift apparently i have used his wage to pay to MANY bills WTF ... MEN

Shazz, while I'm inclined to agree with you, is it your birthday?

Never mind it's Val Day isn't it.
    Poor love. Christie Shopping should be on the things to avoid list for married couples.

WTG Darcy...Clever girl, keep it up for mummy!!

Oh Shazz......men have no idea!! Feel free to vent all you want!!

Sheree: Thanks for dropping into work today.....I have missed you heaps!! I can't wait to see your clever boy again though!!

A little update on us, Jayden still isn't crawling but with a xmas tree full of presents underneath, I'm pretty greatful haha although I think its not too far away. He knows what to do with his arms but hasn't got the legs right yet. No teeth either but the drooling has started again. My niece is 10mths old and still no teeth so Jayden may be the same. He said mummy a few weeks ago but we weren't sure if thats what he said but on Sunday while Mum was here and SIL#6 he said it again and they said it was definately mummy. He did his first painting at FDC which is proudly hung on the fridge! We finally got a highchair the other day and Jayden loves it. I had him in there watching TV this morning and he fell asleep, so cute!!

SIL#5 had 1 egg implanted 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I think so far so good. She had a blood test but I am still waiting to hear the results. I'm not a religious person but I am praying so hard for her as this is the last go. I think if it doesn't happen this time she is just going to accept that they aren't going to have any children. I will still see if she wants me to donate but I think its too much of an emotional strain for both of them. I have a good feeling this time though.....I even think I am getting sympathy pains for her hehe as I am still feeling sick but just in the morning and at night.

Well thats enough from me, thinking of you all
    oxoxox

Good girl darcy.

Shazz, is it your birthday honey??? Men just don't get it do they. I said to Wade tonight (seeing as he is leaving from work early 2morrow), when are you going to get time to buy my xmas pressie and he said I have already got it but you will probably whinge about what I got you!!! What tha.... I am very appreciative person but I think as the years go on and no engagement ring, each and every birthday/christmas/valentines day I get more and more dissappointed. I always nag him about it and he says "Good things come to those who wait". The thing is I have been waiting for nearly 6 years now and uses the same OLD line.

Tanya, it was really good to see you today too honey, I miss our catch ups as I said. Mwah!

Well my boy slept for 10 hours straight last night with a dreamfeed 3 hours into his sleep. Think that might be the answer at present. Who really nows! My child is consistently inconsistent as someone said to me today.

Me is going to pat myself on the head and go to bed, had a terrible night last night (just when my boy sleeps really well), by back and neck were playing up so badly. Given meself some NUROFEN PLUS 2nite, to see if that helps me sleep better.

Ni ni.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hi girls ... just a quick post to say hi! and hope you guys all have a great xmas (and don't stress out too much with the IL's).

I get on really well with DH's mum and dad and it was just supposed to be us for the couple of days we get to spend with them before xmas (we're heading to my parents xmas eve), but now his younger sis will be there and she's already started whinging about stuff ... why we won't be there on xmas day, why do we have to spend it with my family (ummm hello! we have 2 sides to our family thank you ... where have you been for the last 7 years! lol), where's her bday present? (of all things she's worried that we never got her a bday present so now she's expecting one and a chrissy present ... i'm like where's her brother's for the last 7 years that we've been together ... she's never given him one so why should he return the "favour"?).

She wasn't even supposed to be there ... couldn't afford the flight down ... but mummy paid for it ... i guess she felt sorry for her being alone cos her bf of 2 years finished his uni degree and was only on a study visa and last month had to fly home (africa!). Still ... she better not whinge and cry when we are there ... I just get sick of hearing about her probs or about his other sister's probs ... get over it! grrrr ...

Jovi's doing well. Growing like a weed ... she's just about into 0's now (put a pair of shorts on her that she got as a pressie from our friends and they fit good, and her new pj's are 0's as well ... she's getting too tall for 00's). She's moving around like crazy ... crawling, chasing the cats, going from sitting to standing by holding onto stuff the smart little cookie. Haven't had her weighed lately but she was 7 kilo's about 3 weeks ago.

I saw something about weetbix ... jovi had her first the other day. Just ours with a bit of regular milk. She loves her toast with vegemite though, or just bread. And she's just started eating cheese sticks which she also loves.

Has anybody's baby turned in to a real night owl? Like today:

slept in with scott until 8, no sleep again until i came home at lunch. Played with me for a while and eventually passed out having her bottle. Slept for about an hour. Woke up ... no sleep until she passed out in the car when we were coming back from rellies at about 7pm ... slept for half an hour ... up ... bottle, tea, bath ... played until 10:30!!! Finally went to sleep with last bottle. In bed now ... hopefully she will sleep through the night ... still has bouts of screaming and with me getting up to her (scott seems to sleep through it these days) and having to get up at 6 to get to work by 7 so I can work an 8 1/2 hour day ... I'm exhausted! Mind you it's now midnight and I should be in bed ... lol At least I only have to work until 12 tomorrow which is good ... can't wait!

Not much else happening ... didn't get the job I REALLY wanted. They gave it to someone who already worked there, but basically said that if she wasn't moving through the ranks and hadn't of interviewed for the job I would of got it. I would have loved it! So we won't be moving for a while. Being a smaller town than here, good jobs that are stable with good benefits are hard to come by. Will stick it out a bit longer ... with any luck I'll get an upgrade and at least that will keep me happy for a while.

Anyway ... that's all I can think of at the moment ... will hopefully be able to get back on at the end of next week when I get home from chrissy travels.

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!

Hi, I am sorry i appeared and then dropped off the face of the earth! I feel like everything got too much for me lately and i wanted to stop the world and get off. We had to move cause the old battlexe who owned the house wanted to put the rent up by $20 a week after only a year and then she decided she might sack the estate agent and manage the property herself cause " she's not a wealthy landlord you know". Dh pointed out that we were hardly wealthy tennants either. Aaah the joys of renting. Wefound another house but I had a major meltdown when we moved and got very panicky and depressed. Anyway except for the stress of Christmas life is gradually improving.
    Shazz, poor thing with presents, I must say despite DH's faults he is great at buying gifts and already has my chrissy presents and even took the 2 girls with him to buy them.
    I am interested in the online weight challenge, I need a push in that direction.

I'm waiting to go to work but Jayden hasn't woken up yet!! I like to get to SIL's early so I can relax there for a bit and have something to eat......Everyday we are running late and this morning I am all organised and ready but Jayden is still sleeping!! Not complaining though hehe

Oops spoke to soon I think I can hear him talking
    Have a great day girls

Thanks girls, last night was crap though....baby steps.....
    While I sit here and wait for Darcy to fill her nappy....

Christine, if you read this and want to drop me a line feel free. I don't know what your situation was like, but I hear you on the meltdown thing, and I'm happy to listen.

Bec, sorry bout the job mate. Darcy has 0 stuff toocos she's about 70cm long but a skinny minny. We just keep her in 00 stuff with no feet. That's cool Jovi can stand. And yes I have a night owl who likes everyone else to be up with her. If you read back you'll see what I mean.

Good on you for buying some new clothes Vic! I went with Cam to buy mine but everyday more and more appear. I should be greatful he's trying to make up for lots of stuff, but we had a budget and my maternity leave can't keep up with that.

Darcy started waving on command last night. She thought she was hilarious . Now I can't keep her arms still, silly sausage.
    Sounds like she's finished. Better go.

Kim, thanks heaps can't find how to contact you though. I enjoyed Darcy's website, how cute.

Riley is well into 0 clothes, I realised when I picked up one of my many Christmas laybuys that I had laybuyed the same outfit in Target in 2 seperate laybuys and that one of them was 00 so I have to try and return it today. I must weigh him too, he was 9kg a month ago!! I don't have petite babies lol.

Hi everyone. Just a quick one from me, sorry no personals, too much to catch up on. Gosh its hard to get everything done at this time of the year with a 7 month old!!! Anyway, we are driving to Sydney tonight so just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy your baby's first Christmas. I am sooooo excited about the toys Cooper is going to get. I will try and pop in while I am away but wont have much time. See you in the new year.

(thats for goodbye not hello)

Jodie259 Guest

Shazz..... I'M HEARING YOU.
    And if Kim is correct - I'M REALLY HEARING YOU !!!

My birthday is on Valentines Day. And my husband is Jewish. So he doesn't get the Christmas gift giving idea, and I kind of let him off on that (although he soooo expects to receive gifts!!).
    But my birthday is NO EXCUSE!
    Last year, he had lost his licence for 3 months (speeding). I was 6 months pregnant and stopped my own work - so that I could drive him around 24/7 in his little van for his work. His work didn't pay me, or give me any 'breaks'. It was stinking hot at that time (Feb)... and on my birthday, he acted as if it didn't exist. I ended up crying in the van nearly all day driving him around.
    When we got home, he drove up to the shops (illegally!).... and came home with TWO big teddy bears and flowers!! What am I - 12 years old???? He did exactly the same last year - last minute teddy & flowers. Pays a bomb for both because it's Vday... and they are a total waste! He could have got me sooo many useful things. He is totally clueless.

His presents have included; PS2, Grand Prix tickets... and this year I've got him a voucher so that he can get an 'adventure thrill' like V8 racing laps around Calder Park. (he can choose whichever adventure he wants).

And I know I'm getting nothing this christmas... because about a month ago he came home with a big computer screen for me. I didn't want it & didn't need it... but I must admit - I do like it now.

So Hugs to you - and just know that I do understand!!!

And if you're birthday is Vday... then we will have to have a long-distant drink for each other in 7 weeks time okay!

I really don't have time to go into personals for everyone... I have got to change Shaun's nappy and get ready for work. Straight from work I am going to Yarivs work party and meet all his new work mates.

But I must say "yay" to Darcy for sleeping!!
    And I am so happy too because last night Shaun went down at 11pm and woke at 7.30am. The previous night it was 9.30pm to 6am. I'm so happy I'm getting some straight sleep now!!!
    Last edited by Jodie259; December 22nd, 2006 at 09:17 AM.

Christine: If you click on my signin name (~Kim~) then look in public profile, you'll find an email addy. Please do.

Drive safe Allison and remind hubby it's double demerits here.

OK Jodie, you win on the bad gifts front. So you aren't getting anything either?

Isn't it funny how one day they can't do something, and then the next they can. Yesterday I was marvelling at Jovie standing by herself. I was horrified to watch Darcy do it herself today. She thinks it's marvelous :eek:. Guess we're going to have to lower the cot.
    I've been out all day looking for soemthing exciting for Cameron, what did I buy? Peanut butter (no not foor him, but it was homemade).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast