Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #18

mmmm rocky road mmmmmm

I've just made a batch of dark chocolate fudge for tonight and put 1/4 cup of brandy in it.

Shame I can't drink or eat any of it as I am planning a huge drive tomorrow. If I do decide to have a drink how long does alcohol stay in your system? Just in case a nice policeman pulls me over for a breath test thingy he he he

Also, there's some kids who are riding motorcycles (harleys) up and down our street and another adjoining street (both culdesacs). No helmets and much too young to have a licence. Should I report them? Alot of little kids play at the end of our street and I am afraid something might happen to one of them.

Hmm, what else can I talk about......

Not much else happening so I will BBL.

Happy New years Eve everyone.

i'd report it Leanne i know i would never forgivemyself if something did happen

oh and i wanted to wish all of you a very happy new year

You can have one standard drink an hour (100ml wine, 1 nip spirits, i think 50ml fortified wine.....) and still be under. They say about 8hrs but everyones different. I know I am heaps longer. But because you're a learner, you limit is 0000, so maybe a couple but that's about it... If you plan to drive to say cam's patrol I'm sure he'd test you....LOL
    Yep the bikes are against the law, unregi, uninsured, no licence etc, but don't boo me, if you ring I doubt your local coppers would turn up while they were still doing it....

How annoying about the harleys, but I agree that its prob. no point calling the police and you may suffer if they guess it was you who called.
    I have just finished eating a packet (Small) of lindt christmas balls! I shouldn't have but they were sooooo yummy, at least now theyr'e gone so I can't eat any more lol.
    I am going to take Riley and have a nap now, I am so tired and have been crabby all day. DH keeps saying whats wrong with you? but I don't really know myself.

hope the Nap helps Christine

I know someone else that really needs a sleep that isn't very co-operative today.....she's only had 1/2hour and wants to get up....I've wasted that entire half hour trying to upload photos to her site.....gee it's slow.

Dacrcy and ryan must be on the same page he only had half an hour nap too ( mummas not happy )

Well we weren't doing anything, but now we are. All the highway guys have day shifts so at least I know it won't be too late.

Gees Darcy's started to get herself around.....not crawling but she gets where she wants to go.....uhoh.
    Gotta go and have a shower so,

Happy New Year to everyone and their families.
    Thankyou for being a part of our lives this year.

Riley and I just had nearly 2 hours sleep! I feel a bit better. Not doing anything tonight will probably just watch the 9pm fireworks on TV then go to bed lol we're getting old.
    Happy New Year everyone, drive carefully.

Jodie259 Guest

well I've polished off all the mars bar slice... and there's just one jelly slice staring at me. It won't last long!

Thankfully Shaun went down for a 2+ hour nap just before, but then he had missed his morning nap... so he needed it. I've had a bit of a rest, but don't plan a big one tonight...

Well, this might be my last post for 2006.
    Time for reflection....
    What a year. A pretty good one overall. And hoping that 2007 is even better. I've got a good feeling about next year. I think it will the best ever! Hope it is for everyone!!

Hi Girls

Merry Belated Christmas……I have been so busy these past few weeks as I’m sure you all have been!! I have been kind of keeping up with the posts but as usual no time to post myself.

Kim: I am so sorry to hear about your Santa sack, I would be devastated aswell!! Chris lost his entire pay once and after a lot of fighting (him thinking I took it) we came to the conclusion it was thrown out. We had moved house and it was about 1.5yrs (maybe longer) and we found it in a plastic bag in the cupboard!! Who knows how it got there but hopefully your Santa sack will turn up like that.

Nat: You mentioned you had got Em a “Chicks dig me” shirt, I bought Jayden the same one for xmas but although it is size 0 it is huge on him so I will have to wait for him to wear it hehe.

Sheree: Fingers and toes are crossed for that ring!! Hope you have a great time away and I hope we can catch up before you move!!

Christine: Congratulations on becoming an Aunty!! Sorry if I missed it but are you an Aunty for the first time? Gorgeous name!! Hope mum and bub and doing well and great bday present for your brother!!

Karen: I hear you about the teething……Jayden has been so whingy for about a week now, its either teething or he’s had enough of playing pass the parcel (him being the parcel). My niece just got her 1st tooth today she’s 10mths so I’m not holding my breath for Jayden’s haha

Leanne: you did well with the xmas card, thankyou. I haven’t not been breastfeeding as long as you but I still have a bit of milk, it doesn’t leak though. My SIL still had a little bit after 2 ½ yrs of not BF’ing.

Sorry to anyone I have forgotten. This post has so far already taken an hour!! Jayden was asleep but woke up way too early so he is now in a horrible mood. I have just given him a bottle, it’s a bit early but he was hysterical!!

Update on us: Jayden is now waving on command…..its very cute as he turns his hand toward himself and waves. He is also obessed with his reflection whether it’s a mirror or if he can see himself in the car window or water reflections.

We are going to SIL#4’s tonight for NY’s I’m guessing it will be me not drinking much (again) so Chris can drink. I won’t go into details about xmas but I think you all know my inlaws by now. I am putting my foot down for tonight and tomorrow and NOONE will be picking him up except Chris or me. Might sound a bit harsh but I am sick of everyone having him and the only time I see him he is when he is hysterically crying. Not sure if I have mentioned this but SIL#5 had 1 egg implanted but sadly a few days before xmas she had a blood test which came back negative. I don’t know that they will try again. A friend of mine in WA had her baby on 29th (8days overdue) a little boy they named Michael, I haven’t seen pics of him yet but I can’t wait!! She was in labour for 12hrs then had an emergency c-sect. She wrote in her sms that it was hell and a nasty birth I don’t know the details but I know she will be devastated about having a c-sect

Anyway the boy has started up again I better go. I hope you all have a great(and safe) New Year!!!

oxoxox

i'm off to bed big piker i am happy new year girls may we have many more years to get to know each other and sharing the most important people to us our bubbies nite

Welcome to 2007!

Great to hear from you Tanya! Poor Jayden. Hope everything went OK last night.

Cool new ticker Shazz. What a gorgeous photo. Don't worry I reckon I'll be in bed about 10 minutes after Darcy tonight....

Well after our quiet night was planned we got home at 2am! Cam had to get up at 4.45....I didn't hear him go and went to rouse on him at 5.30 after I fed Darcy. We had a good night but I upset him when he asked me what was wrong on the way home and I told him he acted like a goose when he's drinking - well he asked!!! Even Darcy was a good girl. She went straight to sleep in the portacot despite the racket of three noisy drinking blokes in the next room. She woke me up at 5.20 this morning but I feel bad because I was dreaming about her crying so goodness knows how long it was for. Oh well.

I have started the day eating well, but my Darrellea chrissie puddings are staring at me on the table so I have a feeling it's going to deteriorate.....

You know it's funny, I always start the New Year with a clean and tidy house, freshly washed hair etc etc. Well my room looks like the wradrobe exploded, theres crap on the stairs, the kitchen's a diaster zone....you get the picture....what happened to my life???? Oh that's right it starts with a D lol.

Hope you all had a nice easy night.

Kim, my Darrell Lea pudding is actually whispering my name!! Dh's is looking quite inviting too lol. We always got one from Santa as kids so DH and the children got me one this year and my dad gave DH one. Hope Cam is happier with you when he gets home from work, but then again he may be worse cause hes had to work lol.
    Went to bed before midnight last night, heard fireworks at a few minutes to 12, not sure where from as we are certainly not near the city!
    We are going to the ILs either tonight or tomorrow for 2 weeks. They live down the south coast, I am not really looking forwadr to it, they are lovely but its just stressful staying at someone else's house with a baby iykwim. Sometimes Riley wakes up at 5 or 6 so we go downstairs and watch TV then go back to bed later, which is hard to do at their house cause they will hear the TV and come out, also they don't have cable (petty I know but have you watched free to air tv at 5am- nothing to watch)
    Riley is crying and Erin is watching him cry so I have to go bbl hopefully

Happy New Year Everyone!! OMG I think I am still half asleep didn't even think of it being the New Year despite the celebrations last night until I saw your post Kim about eating well and I thought BUGGER that is one of my NY resolutions to lose about 10kg. I have a wedding to go to in Melbourne in Feb and although I know I won't have lost 10kg but I want to lose some of my mummy tummy!!

Shazz: Love the ticker!!

Kim: I love your new ticker too!!Did you have a good night last night, beside Cam acting like a goose? Thats great Darcy was a good girl, maybe thats her NY resolution?? hehe. I wanted to start the NY with a clean house etc but I have barely been home for more than 10mins other than when I come home to sleep!! Maybe now I can relax a bit and get stuck into the cleaning.

Last night was good, I let 2 of my nieces hold Jayden under strict instructions that he is not to be passed around, all the SIL's tried it "oh just for a minute" "quick no one will see" and I just kept saying no then he went to bed. We had some fireworks that they were letting off in the backyard and the nieces were yelling so loud next to where Jayden was sleeping so SIL#3 picked Jayden up when he woke crying but I quickly took him off her hands haha. My BIL was jumping out of the way of one of the fireworks and landed face 1st on the concrete and he thinks he may have broken his nose, there was blood everywhere.

I got Jayden home fine, he stayed asleep we got to bed around 2am then he woke at 4, 4.30, then 5am I gave in then and gave him a bottle and put him back in his cot awake, not sure if he slept or for how long but I heard him screaming just before 8am. Chris couldn't get up to him of course although he did make the bottle at 5am.

Jayden is getting so close to crawling, he just can't work out how to get his feet behind him when he is sitting up. Although as I am writing this I am watching him play with his new soccer goals and he is trying to pull himself up so maybe we are skipping the crawling?? He looks so cute ATM he has toppled over his goals and is banging on his noisy fisher price steering wheel and he is in a blue striped 1 piece that says "instructions not included"

Anyway he's cracking it now, and I am rambling. Hope you all have a great NY's day, we were meant to be going to the beach but its raining a little bit I think so I might just stay home.

Cya oxoxox

Hi ladies,

Just a quick one. I still have the trojan on my computer!!! I am not happy jan!! I don't know how to get it off. Do any of you know how??

We are all well. Briley is great. She has 4 teeth coming though. Her 2 canines and her 2 eyes. She has been a bit of a handful with them too. Poor little dumpling. She is really starting too do heaps of stuff lately. She can sit on her own perfectly. She can almost sit up from laying flat and can when she is propped up a little. No crawling yet though. I am thinking she may be a walker and not a crawler. She can hold her own weight really good and has very strong legs.

I am going ok. 10 weeks on friday already!!! Time goes so quick now!! I am glad though. I dont feel pregnant at all though. I am not really getting sick now. I don't have sore boobs or anything. Nothing. Only no period. Weird!!

Well i better go. I am getting warnings up on the computer so i'd better turn it off!!

I hope you are all well. I managed to get through all the posts i missed. When i get this stuff all sorted i will be back for a mammoth personals post!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Kisses and Hugs to all mummies and bubbies.

MMMMMMMWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA

Love you's!

I'm sorry Sara but I don't even know what a trojan is (besides someone who comes from Troy). Hope you get it fixed soon - we miss you!

I did have a good night Tania, thanks. I didn't think Darcy would crawl either as only last week she didn't have the slightest clue. Just this last couple of days though the change has been amazing. I'm pretty sure she will really crawl in the next few days. I just love watching her learn new stuff.

Well it's raining here too. A good old thunderstorm. After my little whinge about the state of my quarters this morning I just got a second wind. Cam always asks me what I've done during the day, so today I started a list of all the jobs I've done. It goes two thirds of the way down an A4 page.... I smell like bleach and it's really hard to vaccuum with someone on your hip (she's scared of the VC) but the difference is huge.

Oops eta have a good couple of weeks Christine.
    And now I'm bludging for half an hour and having that pudding (I got three, this is only number 2)....much better weather than last year when it was 42 degrees here.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast