Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #18

Jodie259 Guest

happy new year everyone!

Good to hear from you Sara. I had forgotten about your trojan. I'm not really sure how to remove them - but when my husbands computer got one, we just wiped his whole computer. Thus the reason he has his own computer because he has to wipe the hard-drive every few months!

Tania... Shaun is a day younger than Jayden... and he is crawling everywhere now.. but it's his own style. He's always had strong arms/neck... so he gets his top half up. We taught him to pull his knees under his stomach. So he gets on all fours... but can't co-ordinate arms & legs. So he just launches himself forward, then heaves himself up again. We're going to have to teach him to altinate his arms.

He's started pulling himself up in his cot and on his toys now. So we have to lower his cot down tonight.

We turned his car seat around the other day. I had been reluctant to turn it because I've heard it was safer to keep them reverse facing. But he kept turning his head, and wanting to hold my hand... so he was ready to turn. He loves facing forward!

He was a good boy for nan & pop last night. He went to sleep at 11pm and woke up at 6.15am. Our NYE was good. Just a friends house party, we came home at 4am.

Kim... I'm on a mission to clean my house today. And I'm also going to child proof as much as I can. (he's too mobile now). I was watching the last bit of Dr Phil today about getting organised so I am inspired! Unfortunately Yariv has gone off to do some work, so he won't be home for hours. And Shaun refuses to go to sleep again. But he is content to just play in his room.... So hopefully I can get started on cleaning & organising.

And although I don't start my weight loss challenge until Wednesday... I just feel the 'need' to be good from now. I have eaten so much crap over the last few weeks, I need to detox! I must take my photos & measurements today... and hopefully it will always serve as a 'before' shot that I never return to. Actually I got my first "mazel tov" comment last night (hebrew for congratulations). Hubby was with me & this old guy who said it and DH just said to him "Nah, she's just fat". It sound's a bit harsh... but it's totally true. I look 6-7 months pregnant. I'm carrying most of my excess weight on my stomach. So it's got to go!

And last night I finally found out what MWA stands for. D'oh!!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Waaaaay too much to do personals, but I have read thru all your posts. I am very excited to hear if sheree got a ring!!! Sara has been quiet too which is unlike her, I hope she is feeling ok.

We are back from our holiday in Sydney. We had a great time catching up with family. Christmas day was hectic with 9 adults and 8 kids, but the best Christmas day by far. Cooper was pretty good while we were away. He was excellent travelling. On the way he slept from our local shops and woke up in my mums driveway in Sydney...what a good boy. He did the same coming home.

I wish he would crawl soon. He gets so frustrated not being able to move to his toys. He can roll to get somewhere, and use to be happy with that, but now i think he has realised there must be an easier way, but hasnt quite figured out what it is.

Back to posting regularly. Catch up with you all soon.

Jodie ~ i have been asked 6 times whether i was expecting again so i'm the same all excess weight carried on the middle i have to wait to go to the shopping centre to get my weight printout thingy so i am waiting to take my photos and measurements then too probably thursday or friday

Sara ~ glad your feeling better don't know about the trojan thing but i hope you get it sorted soon we miss you

Alison ~ glad your trip away went well well done Cooper for sleeping the wholeway there and back

Kim ~ i wish i had the energy to get off my butt and clean but i can't see why i should when DH is lying on the floor watching NFL on pay TV

angelique Guest

Hope you all had a great new year!!

Tehe Shazz, I'm the same when he's here. I'm so much more efficient on my own..... Probably cos he doesn't p*** me off so I can concetrate on what I want to do.

About to leave to go south so not sure when I will be back on. DH decided to leave when we pick Jess up from work at 8pm and drive tonight.

Evening ladies.

I started my weight loss challenge today. Took a pic of myself standing on
    the scales and the reading. Urgh....

Just a quick question..... has anyone else's bubbas gone off their milk now that they realise there is more to milk to be consumed? I am luckly to get Kaitlyn to have three 120ml bottles a day these days, but she will drink at least one bottle (125ml) of water with a drop of ribena or cordial.

Nope Darcy's still very much a booby girl. She does however think she's entitled to everything I eat. I think she ate too much tonight because she's only just gone to sleep. Usually she's out like a light at 7.

I'm off to find a printoutable scale tomorrow....don't know that I really want to take a photo....must find my tape measure though.

Jodie259 Guest

Leanne, I've got the opposite problem. Shaun is drinking HEAPS. I would say 5-6 250ml bottles every day.

But I haven't thought about giving him water or juice or anything. I only thought about that today. I'm seeing the MCHN tomorrow, so I'll talk to her about it. I think I better start him on some water or he'll turn into a beach ball.

SO much for my diet. I just polished off half a bag of lolly bananas......
    Ah there's always tomorrow.
    Which reminds me, Jodie I have to go on the web site and properly register. It's pretty exciting in a way, but such hard work.....

Going to bed I am stuffffffffffed.

Morning! Well I've started my blog for the challenge, but that's about it....will get weighed today. Only problem is that there's a kilo of chocolate downstairs

I have a stupid stpuid question. How do you all organise babies clothes? I know that sounds dumb, but I can't seem to keep Darcy's neat. And that frustrates the OCD life out of me. Drawers must be neat! In keeping with my busy day yesterday Darcy's room is next.....

RE clothes.

I have four shelves in Katy's cupboard.
    1. bibs and face washers.
    2. tshirts and 'body suits' and shorts
    3. longer pants, jeans and jumpers / jackets.
    4. PJ.s and sleeping bags.

All linen etc are on the other side of the cupboard, and dresses etc are hung up. Socks and hair accessories are in a bedside table drawer. Hats and feather boa's on her hat stand. Shoes, just chucked in the bottom of the cupboard.

As soon as she grows out of something it goes into one of the $7 Bunnings clear storage containers (GOTTA LOVE BUNNINGS!!) and I label it with the size on the side.

I think that's it.

We just sat Kaitlyn on our scales and she's 9 kgs exactly.Our little girl sure is growing. That's triple her birth weight almost.

Off to get ready for my two hour driving lesson (and practice test).
    BBL

Have a good morning mummas and bubbas.

Of course bunnings! I just got the poos cos I'm packing away all the old stuff for storage and ran out of boxes.....bunnings here I come!

LOL Kim

Jodie259 Guest

I got a heap of those vacuum space bags which are a great help too. So I try to sort them into sizes and put them away as Shaun grows out of them.

I got my hubby to put two shelves into the wardrobe so I have shaun's clothes folded into:
    - short sleeve/short leg suits
    - long sleeve/short leg suits
    - long sleeve/long leg suits
    - pants
    - t-shirts - short sleeve
    - t-shirts - long sleeve
    - bibs
    - jackets, overalls and 'good clothes' are hanging
    Then there are 4 draws underneath which have socks & shoes... and the rest is stuff I don't use much (bunny rugs etc).

I might check out Bunnings for boxes because his toy collection is growing every day - and I want one for the living room...

I just got back from Maternal Health and Shaun has increased his weight to 8.24kg, height is 68.5cm and his tiny little head is 42.2cm. His weight & height are close to the 50th percentile - but his head is like the 4th percentile. :eek: She said I shouldn't worry about his pin-head.. especially as there's nothing I can do about it. She said he's really advanced with everything as he's crawling and pulling himself up to a stand.

But now he's discovered how to pull himself up - he refuses to lie down to sleep. He's driving me nuts! I lay him down... he stands up. I lay him down... he stands up. I lay him down - he starts screaming... and I mean SCREAMING!!! Boy, he's just discovered his lungs!

Oh Jodie, poor love. I have a screamer I sympathise. My screamer doesn't scream so much anymore though. His head looks fine in all his photos....

But she can crawl properly as of this morning. Woohoo - not! Guess we'll have to invest in a stair gate tomorrow.

i also have a screamer now!!! he never used too but Nick thinks it is funny to scream back at him so now thats just how he communicates oh the joy's

boys!......

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast