Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #19

Ah Alison that describes my nights perfectly......

Great to hear he's eating though. THey have their definite likes and dislikes - you just have to work em out.

Isn't it always the way....you go to bed and then remember what you forgot to do.
    I went to bed at 9:30 last night, then I remember I have to express each night, so I got up and went downstairs got all that organised and started. Then I could hear the blinds moving and a thump on the sliding door. So of course I had to investigate - It sounded like someone was there....after about 10minutes I discovered.......a brown tree frog.
    So then I spent the next half hour chasing him around trying to get him outside LOL.
    So finally I finsihed expressing and get to bed at 11 - for Darcy to wake at 11.14....

** HELP!!! **

Ladies I need your help.

We have one very cheeky mouse residing in our garage at present. :eek:

For the past four nights we have set traps with no luck.

Nights 1 and 2 - just cheese on the trap
    Night 3 - DH melted it on the trap with a blow torch.
    Last night I hand stitched it on. This morning half was gone and I've just checked now and the other half is missing... GRR

Is there any other way, or any other thing we can use to 'catch the [email protected]#$%rd?!!!' I want to see it. Vicious aren't I? Sorry if I am offending any mice lovers out there, but I want to see it goonnnnne

peanut butter or pumpkin seeds forget the cheese

I was going to say peanut butter too.....

Im off with some peanut butter...... Fingers crossed LOL

Kim I had to laugh at you chasing the frog around...would have been hilarious to be a fly on the wall. So Darcy is restless at night too?

Vic, I had considered the growth spurt and thought I might try a feed tonight and see how he goes. He has always been a restless sleeper though, I can count on one hand the number of nights he has slept straight through without me having to do a dummy run or ten. But will see how he goes tonight if I feed him. He was STARVING when he woke up at 8:30 this morning, couldnt wait for the bottle to be in his mouth.

Peanut butter is good for catching mice, I agree with the others there. We have also caught a mouse using chocolate. Cheese never worked for us.

Oh Alison - I haven't had more than two hours sleep in a row since 3 days before Darcy was born......

THat sounds like a cool course Vic....

Jodie259 Guest

leanne...

we have two dogs... and we kept their dry food in a room out the back of our house (bit like a bungalow). Anyway... mice found the food and decided to have a party. Because of the dogs, we couldn't use tradtional mouse traps or poison bait... so we picked up awesome traps from Bunnings for $2 each.
    They are a long blue tube with a little door at one end. The tube is slightly "V" shaped. So you put peanut butter in one end... and the other end balances with the door open. But when the mouse goes in there... the trap falls to the other end and the door closes... and there is no way they can get out. We would then sticky tape the door shut and throw the whole thing away. It resolved our mouse problem. (and putting the dog food in a big plastic container too).

kim... I thought you were getting more sleep now that Darcy had settled. ???

BUNNINGS - My DH should know that seeing as he works there.... and a manger at that. Hmm. Will mention it.
    HAve loaded the trap with peanut butter so we'll see
    Funny Ha!

Nah she's definitely more settled...the days are usually great. Still takes ages at night despite doing all they said to the letter and often she's awake 2 or more hours in the middle of the night....

ETA actually that's what I'm doing now...waiting for her to go to sleep. But really must get around to lowering the cot - like tomorrow! She's only done it once before but she was upright screaming at the end of the cot...hang on she's doing it agian!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 10th, 2007 at 06:10 PM.

Leanne- I second pumpkin seeds, DH always has to "tweek" the trap too to make it more sensitive or something! We had a Jack Russell that was a brilliant mouser but she lives with the ILs down the south coast now so no help to you I'm afraid.

Gees quiet last night.....

We're off to our first swimming lesson today! And of course she won't have a sleep....

I am here !! Riley is still asleep and I should be cause I am exhausted but just can't sleep, don't you hate that? Riley has been waking every 2 hours and screaming his head off if I don't feed him. If I give him a quick feed he goes straight back to sleep. I am at my wits end, what do I do??? Do I keep feeding him and have him blimp out? and exhaust myself, do I let him scream?? HELP!

Hope you got your mouse Leanne.

I am here - just had one of those days yesterday not to mention I was babysitting all day which made it hard to get on the computer.

I have an appt at the childcare place I want to put Em into in 20 minutes... I better get ready LOL.

Will BBL.

Pretty down today ladies.

Stuffed up a reverse parallel park in my driving lesson today and am now feeling really anxious about my test next Tuesday. I just wish it was over already. It sux that they can 'test' you on your driving ability in just 15 minutes or less. I wish my driving instructor could write a reference or something....

I shouldn't be down cause I am picking up my new car this afternoon, but I just am.

And still have not caught the damn mouse. Maybe it figures it's only going to get peanut butter and will go terrorise another garage.... here's hoping.

BBL, now Katy's up - and she's in a ferral today as well. Probably picking up on my vibes.

Shazz LOL @ your rant! I didnít realise that they wouldnít administer Panadol and throught it was strange when I read your post but then today when I went in for induction at the CC they said they donít administer Panadol! So there you goÖ

Kim I had a great night and the movie was fantastic! I loved it so much Iím going to get it on DVD! You have inspired me to exerciseÖ well at least think about how Iím going to work it into our routine! Iím almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 54kgs (Iím 55) and I donít really care about losing more but Iíd like to tone up and just feel fit in general. Iíve been feeling so sluggish lately. Iím even tempted to do on of those detox diets for a week because I feel so dirty on the inside LOL. Kim it sounds as though youíre having so much fun with her lately? Have you really never for more then 2 hours sleep in a row? How on earth do you do it? LMAO @ the brown tree frog!!! I canít believe that you havenít lowered your cot yet. I had to do it months ago because Em thought it was fun to climb the ends :eek: I have to admit that itís a PITA having the base lower though. How did your swimming lesson go?

Vic OMG I so wanted to do that same course!! In SA its held across the other side of town though and its not a discounted course either. Not to mention I have no real reason to do it hehe! Let me know how you go Ė Iím sure youíll enjoy it!

mrsmac Iím so sorry to hear about your mum. I donít think losses like that really ease all that much over the years. My mum lost her mum about 10 years ago and she says even now itíll just suddenly hit home really hard. GL with the diet! Arghh I have no idea why Riley might be doing that?

Alison Whoo hoo at the crazy solid combinations working. I remember my MCHN telling and I was thinking ewwwww but it worked for us! I donít know about creating a bad habit with taking him to bed with you. I do it with Em when heís unsettled and heís now started sleeping through the night in his own cot so who knows!

Leanne Awww sweety big !! Reverse parallel parking is a *****!!!! LOL! It has taken me years to be completely confident doing that so please donít beat yourself up! YAY on getting a new car! How excitingÖ what sort and most importantly what colour hehe?

Iíve been so busy lately. Its been crazy. I thought it would settle down but it hasnítÖ I think I am keeping myself busy TBH! I have plans for tomorrow and Saturday, working Sunday and then Iím going to Port Vincent for a few days. Will get back home in time to shop and pack to go away on Friday to Nildottie for a girls weekend away!! YAY!! The next week is Australia Day week and the week after Em starts child care :eek: ready for me to start uniÖ. Where has the time gone??? I was supposed to finish scrapping my pregnancy before I started uni LOL!! Mind you I am up to week 30 and I just got another desk here so I have more space LOL. I just bought tickets to see Raggs in concert in March. Iím sure Em will love it!! Iím not gonna say much more because this is such a large post and big posts hurt my eyes LOL. Will BBL.

afternoon all
    i just had to post a weee little wooohooo my little man learnt to drink from a straw today oMG how cute he was.
    Then after lunch my DD set up his Huggies fun car he has been rolling in all over the house - he gets inside the stands up and leans on the front wall till it flips over and then just keeps going his a maniac (sp) but just too cute to get angry at just yet or as my DD outs it " he still has the cute factor working in his favour " BBL

Christine ~ these babies are just plain to hard to work out i just go with the flow and try and not get to exhausted in the process my reasoning behind that is Ryan is my LAst adn i don't care for how long he needs his mumma so i hope riley give you a break soon and my wish for 2007 is that all the precious bubba's start to sleep through the night GL
    Last edited by Lea13; January 11th, 2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Double Post

That's my wish too Shazz...
    OMG the energiser bunny has been going ALL day! I had to rock her to sleep this afternoon at 2 as she'd only had literally 6mintues since 7am. That was with the swimming lesson, which I think she liked.
    It was in a hydrotherapy pool though and it was sooooo hot. They weren't very friendly either....

Yeah Nat I am really enjoying her. She has her little personality and it just feels like we (her and I) were meant to be together. She does so much like I did when I was small, it's frightening.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast