Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #19

Wtg to go Darcy hopefully she has decided to be nice in the sleeping department for a while you need to get some sleep some how Kim i suffer from insomnia as well and it sucks i spent hours up last night just listening to Ryan sighing over the monitor ( some days i think these monitors should be banned for sanity sake )

I've been very good and weaned myself when I'm upstairs, but we can't hear her downstairs so I have no choice....I do totally agree though.

Christine poor love....if you ever need anything, I'm pretty sure I live close to you - send me an email eh?

Thanks Kim, I think I live a fair way away though, we met friends in Windsor cause its half way for both lots of people. Are you out near Penrith somewhere?
    Isn't it hot today? Went to visit my brother, sil and niece this morning, got to cuddle the baby for ages- she is 3 wks today! Can't believe how tiny she looks compared to Riley!

Yep that's right.

Three weeksalready! Yesisn't hot? We've gotboth our ac on and doesn'tfeel likethey're doing much...

My space bar isn'tworking today...can you tell? LOL

Righto, who can remember the rest of the words to "Miss Polly had a dolly"?
    I can only remember up to "The doctor came with his bag and his hat and he knocked on the door with a ratatattat". It's driving me crazy!!!!

Miss polly had a dolly who was sick sick sick so she called for the doctor to come quick quick quick, the doctor came with his bag and his hat and he knocked on the door with a rat atat tat. he looked at the dolly and he shook his head, he said miss polly put her straight to bed, he wrote on a paper for a pill pill pill, I'll be back in the morning with a bill bill bill.
    Sorry about bad punctuation!!!

s'all good! Thanks!

Hey Girls.

I didnít get into Midwifery which is sad but alright LOL. Whats more annoying is that my other preferences were stuffed up Ė my own fault though!! So I got into Bachelor of Education but Iím waiting to see if I get offered Nursing in the second round offers in February. So now more waiting, waiting, waiting!!! Onlyjust over 2 weeks though which isnít bad!

Kim YAY for having a good nights sleep through! Buggar for not getting your new car! Iím glad that Shazz was around to talk to you that day hun. I hope youíre feeling better. Haha at your space bar not working!!

Christine I hope Riley starts sleeping better for you.

Tania Great to hear from you! Lucky you having lunch at home as well! Enjoy Melbourne Ė sounds as though youíre gonna have a great time. Take photos so we can have a squizz of Jayden in his little suit! Say hi to Sheree for me!!

Shazz I never use my monitor anymore. Em is the loudest sleeper and I could never sleep with it on! That was the main reason he went into his nursery so quick as well. He kept me up all night in my room LOL.

I could only remember half of the song lol and while I was trying to remember the rest Christine popped in. Then it just occurred to me that I should have googled it!!!

Have I mentioned that Iím going away this weekend? I canít remember if I have. It s a Mums weekend away minus the kids and there are 16 of us!! Its gonna be so much fun - I canít wait. So tomorrow Iím doing my shopping and then shopping for the weekend. And Friday will be packing and then we leave!!! Hmmm Em has gone quiet Ė that is never good.

Will BBL.

bugger Nat about no getting midwifery can you possibly apply for that again ? i don't really know how it all works just yet i'm going to look into going to UNI next year i have to get my healthh in check before i can do to much

Well hopefully I will get into Nursing and I can either do a 3 year nursing degree and then a year post graduate for midwifery. Or hopefully I'll be able to one year nursing and then 3 years midwifery. Either way it'll be a double degree. I just would prefer to major in midwifery. I just have to wait and see I guess!!

fingers crossed for you Nat how did you go with your Stat 's you prolly posted about it but i can't remember

STAT results are confusing - overall I got a score of 165 and I was in the top 11%. I've been told that's really good. But I honestly have NFI LOL!

I scored high enough to get into a course with a higher TER then nursing so hopefully I get offered it in the second round.

I'm still kicking myself for stuffing up my preferences and making this process so much more stressful!

Default solids

hello everyone,

My son Billy turned 8 months on Jan 9... I was wandering if anyone could recommend a good book or website for solids...I started Billy on solids at 6 months and he has liked most of it, I bought a mumi and bubi kit and have been using this to make up and freeeze his food...at the moment I'm a bit confused as to how lumpy his food should be and I guess i'm just getting a bit confused in general about what I should be offering him and how often..I have read of parents giving their child cheese and others vegemite on bread at 8 months...If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate it..

Angela

Hi Angela, I got some brouchures from the clinic about solids and also the nurse who does baby weighing etc up at Soul PattinsonHornsby on a Wednesday. I make Riley's very smooth still but then again he has no teeth! I have given him bread/ toast but he mostly just plays with it.

Hi Ang welcome!
    Another May 9 baby? That makes 5!
    If you look in the cooking/recipe forums on this site they have a baby food suggestion thread. I tried them and Darcy eats like a trooper now. I give her toast with nothing on it (hey she doesn't know it's missing something ), cooked apple, banana whole (on the kitchen floor - gives me an expcuse to have to wash it), cheese. Stuff I know she can mange. Darcy's stuff is rarely smooth, I gave her tinned spagetti mashed with a fork the other day. She's very good and chews quite well despite no teeth. She has risotto not even mashed. Maybe i'm a bit slack, but I wouldn't do it if she couldn't deal with it....she can chew paper....gross really.oops better get ready for swimming....

How amazing we have 5 babies born on the same day! Kim I might try Riley on some less pureed stuff, after all he eats paper too!(and some grass the other day I realised when I changed his nappy!!)
    Lea- great results, I hope you get in on the 2nd round offers although as a teacher I have to say teaching is pretty good too lol.

morning all
    welome angela

i have had NO sleep at all
    ryan was up all night throwing up violently poor little bugger there is a stomach bug going around which obvisously some one decided to pass pn to us so yay bloody yay off the doc this afternoon

Far out Shazz. Poor Ryan

Nat I meant to type to you this morning too...I'm glad you got a good score, and really hope you get what you want in the second round.
    Christine isn't it amazing what comes out....you can still read some of it

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast