Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #2

Kim~ Ryan only settles himself when he wants to and i',m not going to push the issue he is only little for such a short time enjoy them while they let you i say but again that is only my opinion you do what feels right for you both, what feels right now may change as she gets older so go with your gut feeling, i was just saying to my Dh last night about how much of a failure i feel with Ryan when i read all your posts and your all doing so well and me well i'm sure Ryan isn't happy until he has me in tears at least once a day sometimes more so right now all of you are my inspiration

Kellee Guest

Hello all!

Vic – yay for getting the dummy thing to work! That must make things a bit easier for you. And yay for Mums too… I wouldn’t be able to do this without mine. I’m glad yours is such a legend!

Jess – I’m glad Patrick put on some weight… what a champ! See, things are going well. You must be doing all the right things.

Kim – just looking at your pics now… what a cutie! Re: the routine – I don’t know if I can offer any advice because Toby is a month younger than Darcy, but we just let him dictate what he wants to do at the moment. He has two-three big awake periods through the day (usually between 45 minutes – 1 ½ hours) and these are just after he’s had a feed. Other than that I put him in the rocker after a feed and wait for the tired signs (which can come immediately) and put him straight to bed. He usually falls asleep on his own, but sometimes we have to go in once or twice to settle him – we sshh loudly in his ear when his cry gets a bit loud and pat him on the bum and stop when he stops crying. If he goes on for too long it’s usually because there’s something specific wrong (wind/still hungry/dirty nappy). We’re still trying to figure it all out too, so I’m sorry I can’t be much help! It’s all about finding a balance – I reckon it’s fine to nurse them to sleep sometimes (you have to enjoy this beautiful stage while it lasts!) as long as they also learn how to go to sleep on their own. Take your time with it.

Lea – happy birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day, and I bet Em looked cute in his new outfit. Hope he’s feeling better soon.

Baby crazy – glad that Jovi is putting on weight again now. Yay for formula! Sometimes it’s the only way to go, especially if bubs is going better and you’re feeling better too. Hope her hips are ok- is it something that can be easily fixed?

Shazz – I want to come up there and give you a big hug! EVERYONE has bad days (I was in tears the last two nights too) and good days. Don’t feel like a failure – Ryan is such a sweetheart and you’re doing such a rad job with him. You make sure that you call me when you’re in Brisbane next, won’t you?

Well, as I said, I was in tears last night. Toby is good at settling himself (don’t ask me how that happened – a fluke, I think) but last night he had the most horrible wind pain. We only worked out that it was wind pain this morning when he filled his nappy four times in about 15 minutes. I’ve had really bad wind pain all day too, so I’m wondering if it was something I ate? All I can think of is that I had a mountain of veggies last night… who knows. I’m also worried about his feeding habits… he’s a quick feeder and he seems to be getting enough, but sometimes I worry that he needs more. I think I might start writing down the times and length of his feeds, and maybe even express from one side completely tonight (so I can see how much I’m making) and see if he’ll take the bottle. Any ideas?

I had so many grand plans for today (going for a walk being one) and I was so sore that I had to stay in bed all day! Very annoying. Hopefully I will be able tomorrow – I’m about 14 kgs over my WW goal weight at the moment, but I think once all the baby fluid has gone it will be more like 10-12, and I have to wear a size 10 bridesmaids dress in October! 16 weeks… I can do that. BIL saw us today and said “Gee, you’ve lost the weight quickly”. I could have kissed him – I really needed that today! Sorry, I know it’s only been a week, but I have always had serious body issues so I feel like this is a priority at the moment for me. Has anyone else felt the same way?

Anyway, there’s a gorgeous boy here who wants some cuddles. I hope you all have a lovely weekend with your bubs.

Shazz ~ You're one of the people I look up to LOL. In fact I look up to all you girls in here! Don't get me wrong Em is a good baby but I have my moments too - I'm just sickeningly optimistic LMAO!! Though this week has been trying - no sleep for a few nights and a baby that just kept crying. He seems to be calmer now but he's cold is getting worse WTF?!!? And now I feel like death warmed up... and I'm cranky when I'm sick LOL. All I want is a decent nights sleep hehe!

Kellee ~ Expressing from one side to see how much you're producing sounds like a great idea - wish I'd thought of it when I was BF. I never could figure out if Em was getting enough - its one of the positives with FF though, now I know what he's getting and when. Not that it helps - the little bugger doesn't have a routine at all. He can go up to 7 hrs without a feed and then have 150ml then go 2 hours and want 50 mls then 4 hours and have 100 mls.. WTF?!!? Strange kid! And going for a walk after a week... I've had grand plans for that too! 4 weeks later I still haven't managed to walk LOL!16 weeks is ages - you'll be fine. I've been meaning to weigh myself and I haven't yet. Awww @ your little man wanting cuddles. Mine is in his bassinett asleep for now - sniffling away the poor little mite. He has started coughing a bit tonight as well which is worrying me. I might take him to the Dr's soon if it doesn't clear up!

Well I'm off to drug up and get some sleep LOL. I am unbelievably cranky when I'm sick... If I whinge too much over the next few days let me know LMAO!!!!

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Scrappyfish - I'm actually really ok with not breastfeeding anymore. I really enjoy bottle feeding her more I think and feel a bit more closer to her cos I guess I have to pay more attention that she's feeding right (whereas with breastfeeding you can FEEL it and not pay as much attention) ... plus she's really cuddly when she feeds and I love it!

I think with the next one I will still breastfeed but probably only for the first few weeks (if I'm lucky enough) and then on to the bottle.

Baby_Crazy05 ~ I thought I'd be funny about not BF as well as I'd also wanted to and planned to. But I feel the same as you - I still enjoy feeding Em so much. I think the biggest difference for me is he used to feed side on with his face mushed in my breast lol and now I can change positions and I get alot of eye contact with him which I love. Em also loves to hold the bottle already hehe. His little hands get in the way!!!!

I checked out your pics of Jovi and she is just gorgeous - you must be sooo proud!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Pat was weighed today... no weight gain! Onto the comp feeds! Really feeling bad atm

Hey Jess, dont feel bad about him not having a gain this week, you just do whats best for little Patrick and he will pick up in no time.

Baby Crazy, I ckecked out Jovi's site and she is such a little cutie. You look so proud.

Jess ~ Don't feel bad about Patrick not gaining weight. I'm sure he will be fine! I hope you're feeling better about it soon.

Never ~ Hope those babies stopped crying!

Kellee, that isn't such an unreasonable amount to lose in that time frame (I have been attending WW on and off since I was 15yo - got it down pat now...). I know! We should have a weekly weigh in here for anyone who wants support and to lose weight....discuss issues blah blah blah. What do you think? I have to get back into my gun belt too and there's bits of body I ain't never seen before!!!

Jess, man are they put on this earth to confuse us and make us feel bad??? You do what feels best for Patrick in your heart (who am I to give advice - I'm sure you have plenty of experience). I'm sending heavy thoughts your way.

Vic, I'm glad you get some sort of time off.

Yes Nat you are very optimistic - something to aim towards for me - and I think I'm getting there. Definitely more 'can do' than 'cannot' these days.

Now Shazz, I've been thinking about your last post a lot over the last couple of days. I don't mean to sound like a stalker, but could you email me your postal address? Don't have to if you don't want to, but I'd like to send some tangible support in the mail. Please?
    Last edited by ~Kim~; June 19th, 2006 at 07:09 PM.

Kellee Guest

Lea – sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling crook too! You poor bugger – there’s nothing worse than looking after a sick bub when you’re sick yourself. I hope you both feel better soon. Whinge as much as you like – we understand!

Baby Crazy – I’m glad you’re cool with the whole bf thing. I hadn’t thought about paying more attention to her when your bottle feeding – everything has its positives, doesn’t it? It’s nice for other people to have the opportunity to feed Jovi too – shares the bonding around.

Vic – aagh, you should let me know next time you’re in town and we can hook up. I live on the Northside (PM me for my address) so it’s not too far out of the way for you. We’re not too far from the Gateway Motorway. Glad you had a fun time away with your sis and Adam – what did you buy?

Jess – big hugs to you. I’m sorry you’re feeling bad – don’t forget that they go through growth spurts. I bet that after he’s made you worry for a few days he’ll go through one and put on heaps.

Kim – GOOD IDEA about the weight thing. I lost heaps with WW after Charlie was born and I’m keen to do it again. I wanted to start walking on the weekend but was too sore, then it rained today, so TOMORROW is it. I can’t wait. I can put you in touch with a fabulous blogging community who are all losing weight together – I’ve made some great friends through their – so let me know if you’re interested. I found that forums and blogs were invaluable last time for inspiration and support. My blog started as a weight loss one and will turn back into one again soon (it’s been about the pg and life in general of late). Hope your gorgeous little thing is doing well.

Had a bit of a bad day yesterday. DH and I were both a bit over it all, and I was feeling a bit down about Charlie. I know he’s just a little fella and he doesn’t know what he’s doing, but he’s been really grizzly since I came home and while I totally understand that it must be hard for him atm too it can be really frustrating when both of them are grizzling at the same time! Usually it doesn’t bother me too much but yesterday I was fed up. I don’t know how other mums with more than one feel about this, but I have been feeling a bit disconnected from him since I had Toby. I think it’s because I have to spend so much time feeding Toby and doing the other baby stuff that I haven’t had time to play with Charlie much. Also, I can’t run around with him too much or I’ll hurt myself (it’s only been 10 days after all). I know we’ll get back there, but I feel like a phase in our time together is over and we won’t get it back. He’s been pretty good considering everything that’s happened lately, but I miss him and get frustrated by him at the same time! Ah, the emotional rollercoaster that is parenthood… I’m sure things will be fine. Had the first week check up with Toby today and all is good. He’s put on weight, so I’m happy. Poor little Charlie had to have some immunisations too – I left them really late so he’s now at an age where he knows what’s going on. My advice – get them done on time while the bubs are still little and don’t know what’s coming… it’s awful! He screamed so much and needed lots of cuddles. Poor thing.

Anyway, an early night with a book beckons. Hope you’re all doing really well. Big hugs to all who need them (which is probably everyone, including me!) and kisses to your beautiful babies.

Kim ~ LOL @ your gun belt! And if I'm ever too optimistic then send me a cyber kick LOL. And you go girl with cheering Shazz up!!

Kellee ~ My weight is 64 kgs. I was originally 54 kgs but I was about 6 kgs underweight and the Dr doesn't want to see my under 57kgs. So my aim is 60kgs. To me its more about tone and shape - my belly is a little jelly like LMAO! I'd like that to disappear. Awwwww @ feeling bad over Charlie. I'm sure you're doing great and being a great mum to both boys!

Well we got 7 & 1/2 hours sleep last night... what the?!?! The funniest thing was that he went down at 2 and I just expected him to wake up early and he didn't wake up till 9.20.... and I had an appt at 10 LMAO... we only just got there hehe! It meant I was rushing around all day hehe. Actually managed to vacuumn and mop though which is great. Also sorted out some paperwork so it was a good start to the day! Other then that not much going on here. I have my first mothers group meeting on Wednesday. I wonder what it will be like!?

Just quickly Vic, can't help you with the exercise thing, but I will think about it and see what I can come up with.....
    and $130 cheap?? - for a stroller!!! Yep it is principle and often most people you speak to really have no idea. Maybe you could speak to a manager?

Oh you girls are going to kill me LOL... Em slept for 8 hours last night?!?! Went down at 11.30 and woke up at 7.30. Then he went back to sleep till 11.... He's been awake since though and we've had some fun! I even got him to smile! I've updated his website with the photos. He's so gorgeous. I think he's feeling better as he's more content to be on his own now rather then in my arms which is a relief!

Vic ~ That vent was baby related LMAO. It was about a pram. It is definately something I would chase up on principal LOL. But that's just me. The shop should be responsible though not the supplier. And yes $130 is not cheap for a stroller! And I had to giggle at you referring to DH driving over the pram hehe I remember you telling us that months ago LOL. I've got 12 months off but I'm not sure if I'll go back. I'm thinking I might take the oppurtunity to study instead. It'll be hard but I'll get to spend more time with Em then if I'd go back to work. Either way I need to book him into day care! I wish I could help you out with whatever it is you do. Lotto would be great wouldn't it!??! I'm going to get sick of struggling soon enough. My savings from working have pretty much gone and now I'm just on centrelink which is going to interesting! No more maccas for me which works right in with losing weight any way LOL.

Kim ~ How are you going sweety?

Well I've been floating around here all day in between stuff without posting so I'm just catching up now and then taking my little man for a walk!

Nat I'm going really really well. I was supposed to be at Tresillian this arvo, but I went and told her I felt OK and that I didn't think I needed to be there and came home! I feel armed with enough resourses and confidence at hte moment. Basically I'm just going by Darcy. I'm happy with making a rod for my back if it means I get to enjoy her. Although now that she's a big girl (6 weeks today) she seems more content by herself - not much but it's a start. Congrats on Em the sleeper!! Now a slumber party is in order so he can show Darcy LOL

Vic, OK I've thught abour this all afternoon. If you werre serious about the exercise then read on. If not don't bother cos it's gonna sound really lame....
    -Do you have a couple of days when Dylan is at CC? 1/2 hour on those days would definitley make a difference.
    -If not can he ride his bike on the footpath out hte front? You could just walk back and forth a few houses either side for 15 minutes once or twice a day - that's how I started running using a defined area didn't seem so bad.
    -Can you take the kids to the park and run around with them?
    On the work thing, I am getting paid until roughly March, so that's when I plan to go back part time. Wish I didn't have to though.

Darcy had her hip u/s today to make sure everything's OK. I'm sure it is, and gee she was good all the way through. Didn't cry til I put her back in the car (she really hates it in the car).

In relation to me...this maybe TMI, but does anyone have a good remedy for piles? Usually I am a really healthy eater, but I find myself forgetting to eat quite often, and my body is suffering.
    Also, Nat what did you end up using for Em's nappy rash. Even though we change Darcy a whole lot (NICU training makes u do that) she seems to have developed one. It's not irritating her, but I don't like it. must be the breast milk....

Kellee Guest

Hello all,

Just killing a bit of time while I’m waiting for the washing to finish – does it ever end? Thank goodness Mum and Dad gave us a second hand dryer for Christmas – it’s raining here and we’re running out of clothes fast! I’m hoping it doesn’t take too long or I could be here all night… And poor little Toby is screaming his lungs out upstairs. I figured if I’m doing the washing DH can handle that one!

Lea – wow, your current weight is my WW goal weight! I hope I can get back there soon. IKWYM about toning – I wish I could go to the gym again but it’s going to be trickier this time with two kids. Don’t worry about the jelly belly – it does get better with time, and, if it’s any consolation, if you have another kid it won’t be so bad next time. My belly has about the same ‘jelliness’ now as it did just before I got pg with Toby, although it is a little bigger, but that will pass. Hooray on the sleep! That’s great news. Although babies always seem to know when the worst time to give you a sleep in is – whenever you’ve got to be somewhere. And when you have a chance to sleep in they wake up! Little buggers. Oh well, we can get our own back at their 18ths, 21sts and weddings by telling embarrassing stories about them. That’s a mother’s prerogative.

Vic – thanks for the tips. I do try to play with Charlie when Toby is asleep, but it doesn’t feel like enough. I try to get him to help with the chores, but he’s not very helpful! For example, he likes to throw what we call ‘peg tantrums’ – he’s a bit obsessive compulsive and likes thing in their ‘right place’, and he think that all pegs should always be in the peg basket and not on the line so he throws a tantrum about it! Oh well, I’m sure we’ll work something out. The exercise situation sounds tricky… could you go walking with the younger two early in the morning or on the weekend when DH is home? Ggrr at the shop… that’s so frustrating! So what will you do? Are you willing to name the store in question so that we know for ourselves when we’re shopping? I know I had trouble with one particular store (I’m wondering if it’s the same one as you went to) and I won’t go back there anymore as a result. Hope you’re able to sort it out. If it’s near me (which I think it might be) I could get the stuff and send it to you if they won’t. Buggers. Oh, just thought of another exercise thing… I have this awesome Yogalates DVD that I used to use before I got pg. It’s really easy but you can feel it working, and it’s really nice to do once the kids are in bed as something to do for YOURSELF. I am going to start it up again after my six week check up (don’t want to hurt myself before then), and I remember that it says it’s good for post-natal women. Just a thought. By the way, what kind of business do you run? I can’t imagine how you do it with four, you’re a legend! In answer to your question, I have one subject to finish of my education degree and then I’m fully qualified, so unless DH finds a job that he LOVES before then I will probably be going back to work full time (or hopefully part time if DH can go part time too) in second semester 2007. I hate to think about that atm, but I’m sure that by the time it rolls around I’ll be looking forward to having ‘my own’ life a bit again.

I feel like a shocking mum – I went upstairs before to check on the situation with Toby and he hadn’t settled so I fed him again and he did this massive projectile vomit all over me. I hope that was just from over-feeding (silly me) and not a sign of things to come! The poor little thing. It took almost an hour to settle down after he was sick. He’s asleep now (fell asleep in my arms, the poor darling) so hopefully he’s ok for a little while. If he’s going to have a bad night I’m going to put him in with us – no sense in letting him suffer on his own. DH was really struggling – he’s such an emotional thing and he worries so much about the three of us that he hates to see any of us sad. My poor sensitive boys!

Kim – I had to laugh at you giving exercise tips… you really are a WWer from way back, aren’t you? I only laugh because I’m just the same. Can’t believe Darcy is six weeks old today! I’m glad you’re feeling good about everything too. Re: piles – lots and lots of water and fresh fruit. Prunes are really good, and if you need it, some Metamucil (but be careful because if you don’t have a lot of water when you have that it makes it all worse). Rectinol is good for temporary pain, although a friend of mine found Preparation H better. I know how much they suck – I had them really bad last time. Re: nappy rash cream – my GP recommended a homemade one with Vaseline, zinc and lanolin that works pretty well.

I can hear Toby starting to get sad again… better go and see what’s happening. Have a rad Wednesday.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi all,
    I went to the Doctor's today to have my 6 week check-up. She is sending me to have a Pelvic Ultrasound as I either have an infection and will require anti-biotics OR something is left in my uterus that shouldn't be there and that will require a curette. I am a bit nervous about hearing the results. A little concerned about still being able to BF during this time too!!

Apart from that little concern, Phoebe is doing really well. She has been feeding ALOT the past couple of days....I think she is having a growth spurt. She is becoming a chunky little thing. Sooo cute!! 6 Weeks old today...I remember when I was 6 weeks the other side and I just wanted it all over. I don't know about you guys, but I miss being pregnant at times. (omg am I mad)

Hope everyone is well.....Take Care X

Vic - in grownups it's called OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)...I should know....EVERYTHING in my cupboards is in there with miltiary precision, I can always tell you how many steps I've just walked up, and I stir my tea 60, yes exactly 60 times each time i make one. Hehehehe.
    Sounds to me like you're already exercising and you don't even realise it. Good Job!

Kell, yep WW and I go back a LOOOOONNNG way! That and I have to be reasonably fit for a living.

Thanks for the piles tips. I love prunes so that's not a worry, and I'm actually not 'blocked up' (sorry), just painful. Darc's nappy rash looks like thrush, so when I'm at the chemist (again) getting more cream for her, I will get something for my other end too.

Mummy4life, man I hope there's nothing in there. Retained products of conception is what it's called, and I hope they find out quick. Was the placenta checked at your delivery? Wishing you positive thoughts for your u/s. :hugs:
    Happy hump day to you all, hope you're having a good (ok reasonable) week.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Scrappy ~ thank you for your positive thoughts. Not sure if my placenta was checked, Phoebe was delivered by C-section so I really couldn't see much of what was happening. I can't get into have the U/S until Monday, so hopefully everything is ok until then. I don't see the doctor until Tuesday to get my results so hoping that something is done by the end of the week. Bit scary for me!!

Take Care X

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast