Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #20

They do seem to learn a heap at once don't they?

Darcy's a bit of a cyclone ATM, can't imagine it when she's 2. My nephew never really got 'into' anything....Darc like the pantry, my handbag, the fridge, the fridge magnets, the decoration box that was on the floor, the DVDs, the computer cords, the printer, Dads PS2 things, whatever she can find is hers LOL she makes me laugh.

SHe is however a PITA ATM cos you put her down for a sleep and straight away she crawls out and stands up.....

Well it was 30degrees at 9am this morning.....guess we're in for a ripper today. Got to go and see if my gunbelt fits.

How hot is it??? I can't bear to go out today its so hot already. Our friends with a pool are going away this morning and leaving other people we don't know to house sit which is a bugger otherwise we could go round and swim. Our neighbours have a pool and they invite the 2 girls in for a swim but I'm not baring this amt. of white flab to people I have only known for 5 weeks LOL.
    Lea - hope you are having a wonderful weekend away.
    Neverplan- I hear you on the quitting being a mum thing, I get so frustrated that the buck always stops here with me. Everyone else can choose to just ignore or not do things but I can't. My older 2 have been fighting too and DH has the poos with both of them cause apparantly they are both idiots according to him. (he has been on holidays since 23rd Dec and I think he needs to go back to work)
    Leanne- isn't driving by yourself so much better? I hate driving with DH in the car and I have had my licence for a long time. I know how you feel about going back to work, I have been crying about it too. I go back 29th Jan. Are you full time ? I am working Mon, Tues, Wed. At least my hours are quite good, Riley will be in FDC from 8.15- 3.15.
    Got to go, Riley is whinging and Erin says he just wants mum (translation she is watching TV and doesn't want to play with him)
    BBL

Sound like lots of us are going back the same time. I start next Sunday night. I'm doing 6.30pm-6.30am Sundays and Tuesdays. Least with our shifts we can pretty much manage....thanks goodness it's my last pay without pay.

Hey! great to see a pci of Riley! What a spunk!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 21st, 2007 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks Kim! That was at Oran Park in November when we went to watch DH have a track day on his bike. You are going to be wrecked working all night!! At least you won't have to worry as much about childcare. My pay finishes at the end of the holidays so I have been very lucky, it will be funny going back to work cause I have been off since 4th March last year when I broke my foot. I am a bit apprehensive about having Year 1 cause I do prefer the older kids but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    Kim, I nearly fell off my chair when you said gunbelt LOL but then I remembered what you do!! I could've used one when I taught out in the Druitt!!

Happy 8 months Riley and Adam!

I always wanted to teach infants, now I think we're on a par Christine. Thankgoodness it fits cos I wasn't ordering another one. I went off 1st April so it's been a long time for me too....been off the road since July 05 so it's a bit scary going back out, but I guess it will feel like I never left after a little while....

Oh and its 43degrees....

Jodie259 Guest

Leanne.... I agree with you... It's nice to drive around listening to Michael Buble

Shazz... how you feeling - and Ryan? Hope you're both improving.

Anyone heard from Sara? Hope she is doing okay. She's not been on here, nor MSN. Wonder if her computer is still "sick"??

Thank goodness Melbourne has had a heap of rain in the last 2 days... and the weather has finally dropped heaps. I can't stand the intense ongoing heat.

I got an invite to the Australian Open Tennis last week... but it was sent to my business, and I only found it yesterday... wonder if they can squeeze me in for one of the nights? I went last year and it's nice having the private box seats and all the food and drinks paid for!

I went to a taping of the new game show 1 vs 100 today.... with Eddie McQuire as compare. I had done the audtion, and they were meant to do two shows today... but they were sooooo slow, and it took ages to start. So the first taping didn't start until 6pm (and we had been there since 11am). And as luck would have it - they only needed 77 people for the 2nd taping - and there were 150 people wanting to get on. So I wasn't picked - and I wasn't going to hang around watching a 2nd taping!! I was soooo annoyed. I'm sure they will ask me to come in again (as they need 200+ people every taping) - but I don't know if I can be bothered spending a whole day there. It's a good show though - and starts next Monday - up against Desperate Housewives!

Wow Jodie,you guys are TV stars! How do you get onto all these shows (except medical Emergency LOL!!) Our claim to fame is Riley was on Home and Away! (as a fetus- his 8 wk u/s was used as Leah's, then her baby died which was pretty upsetting cause i was stillpg)
    I am sooooooo hot and headachy tonight, Jess has gone down the coast with the ILs and she said there's a cool wind there but its stifling here. I might hang out at the shops all day tomorrow if its going to be like this again. have to go to school for a meeting on Tuesday which is a bugger but cause i am job sharing we need to work out a few things.
    Neverplan- at least we only have 22 in our year 1 but I am expecting lots of children wanting lots of one on one attention LOL. At least they all think you are a goddess and your word is law!(not like home where Miss 15 tells me I am an embarrassment constantly LOL)
    Kim are you in highway patrol?

Jodie259 Guest

Because a lot of game shows are filmed in Melbourne, they just advertise throughout the day asking for contestants, and I apply. So far I've been on Deal or No Deal, Dog Eat Dog, Price is Right, and I could get onto 1 vs 100 if I can be bothered. I got onto A Current Affair through BellyBelly - who asked for a new mum with sleeping problems. And we were on Medical Emergency because the camera crew were at the hospital when we showed up.

Now, how did your ultrasound come onto H&A???? (shame about the storyline... )

Jodie, that sounds so much fun. Riley was on H&A cause when I went for a scan at 8wks to check it was all OK and not twins the lady said that Channel 7 had called them and wanted an 8 wk scan with a good visible heartbeat for the show and would we allow them to use the video of our scan? Of course we said yes! Had to wait for nearly 2 months for it to be on but we taped it from the TV for Riley when he is older.

How cool is that Chirstine. Nope not HP but DH is. I'm just your garden variety (though with lots of extra training). Go to brawls, domestics, stealing robberies etc.

That's a pain Jodie. I want to watch that but I can't bare EM. Good luck next time.

It better be cooler today...have the counsellor coming this morning for my PND bouts. I'm so down about going back to work I really hope I don't get another episode.

hi ladies,
    we are on the mend here thank goodness i tell you in times like these you understand why a second bathroom is a luxury lol but we are doing alright now i went to work yesterday but very slow as she goes IYKWIM ryan is funally starting to take his bottles again which is a load off but his sleeping is down the crapper he slept in my bed last night lets just say not alot of sleep was had by all so hopefully night will be better now the only person down with it is DH and i tell you i swear he thinks he may die ( well der..... been there done that and still had to look after a baby ------ suffer i say sufferrrrrrrrrrrr) bbl

yeah i second that .....SARA oh Sara where are you .........

hope your appt goes well today KIm we here for you to remember :hugs:
    Christine ~ thats a really cool memento for Riley when he gets older ( he may even get the acting bug lol )
    Jodie ~ thanks for thinking of us and i hope you can make it to the the tennis

Shazz- Glad you feel better, bummer Dh has got it cause men always get it MUCH worse than anyone else has ever had it and can't move let alone do anything for themselves! I hate being sick cause nothing realy changes with my workload you just feel ill while you are doing it.
    Kim- that must be very challenging being a cop (can I say cop or is that rude?) Jess went to an 18th on sat. night and the police had to come for a fight outside (the guy's uncle who was at the party was a cop so maybe they came cause he wanted any trouble nipped in the bud) I think teenage parties are getting scarier, or maybe I'm just old LOL.
    Last week I had a lady/nurse out from Koala Cottage which is a local thing like tresillian kind of. Its run through the clinic, she is helping me with Riley's sleeping and also my PND. She wants me to get more support/counselling and maybe join a group. Has anyone been in a group before? Did it help?? I have found even reading posts here has helped because I have realised that feelings I had were normal and that other people had them too.
    It feels hot here already but its not supposed to be as hot as yesterday. We went to Woolies at 5pm and the temp was 40!

I am back girls!!!

Had a blast but the place we stayed at was just awful LOL. The spa wouldn't work and it was too tiny for the 16 of us even though it said it slept 20!!! And then the toilets broke.... arghhhh!!

It was good to get home and I'm still buggared today!!!

Will BBL for personals!!

Jodie259 Guest

Jodie - What did you win on 'deal or no deal'? DH loves that show and is always telling the people when to deal or not. He wants to go on it but no chance with living up here, lol
    It was the very early days... and I was on the podium. I had a "lucky suitcase" as it had gold stars on it. And I won a brand new Motorolla mobile phone... which wasn't in the country at the time. Took them months to get it to me. But it was all good.

There's all contraversy over the 1 vs 100 taping yesterday. It's been on the radio this morning, and apparantly in the newspaper. The guy won $135,000 by default (there was a mix up and he picked the wrong answer. But Eddie gave him the right answer and they refilmed it)... I think it was a bit wrong myself. and 21 people got jipped out of sharing the $130,000... so they're a bit annoyed.

Tehe Vic, I wonder what other pics I can come up with to stump her....6 Kids! Far out....I guess they keep each other entertained and it's something different for them for the day.

Ha Nat isn't that always the way? You'll remember it though. Some of the places we've stayed while travelling - OMG! There was this one place in Venice that was really really gross - stains on the bedlinen, etc, gross. It had this tiny little shower in the corner of the bathroom, that had two sides were the walls and the other two were sliding glass doors that met at the corner with a magnet. Not I'm not huge and it was a squeeze for me to get and then to put my arms up to wash my hair, so for my 120kg 6'2" husband it was pretty hard. Only trouble was the magnets were REALLY good and tight, but the hot water was very unpredictable. In a normal shower you would just move to the side, well this one you couldn't. Cam got in and was showering when the cold water turned off and it was scalding hot, only he couldn't move and the magnets held tight - all of a sudden there was a huge bang of him crashing into the opposite wall LOL. He had had to force his way out the poor buggar.....

There isn't any group around here CHristine so no I've never joined one, but I found the counsellor very beneficial this morning.
    PS not rude at all.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 22nd, 2007 at 11:46 AM.

oh Kim ~ i was absolutely PMSL what a mental picture ... poor cam

oh and i'm so glad the counsellor was able to help you
    Last edited by ~shazz~; January 22nd, 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: cause my brain is still mushy

yeah was pretty funny....we've had some absolute disasters...

jodie - i'll definately be watching 1 vs 100 now.
    christine - how cool to have Riley's scan on Home and away! it will be cool to show it to him when he is older.
    shazz - thank goodness ur starting to feel better, my DH always thinks he is gonna die when he is sick, aren't they pathetic!

had a go at DH this morning, he never walks the dog and he is the one who nagged for it and made me feel guilty so that i let him buy it and now of course i'm the one who has to look after it! i love the dog and enjoy the excerise but thats not the point, grrrr.

Archie won't settle for his sleep, better go and rock him...

Poor baby his bed was covered in spew, now onder he wouldn't settle!
    Last edited by Lea13; January 22nd, 2007 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Double Post

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast