Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #20

Poor Archie hope his sleeping peacfully now

Hmmm I swear I posted again before I left but its not there!! Now to catch up! You have done a lot of chatting without me hehe!

Tania ~ I hope you and Jayden are feeling better!! I can’t wait to see some pics of the dress! I love the new pic of Jayden in your ticker!

Jodie ~ YAY for doing that sewing! I love getting things like that done – you feel so proud!! That sounds like a very productive week! Em is obsessed with paper as well LOL. He doesn’t have teeth either but I can see two pushing through on the bottom – they have been there for at least a month though!!

Shazz ~ I like the adjustable waist clothes as well. I just bought a pair of shorts like this for Em! You poor thing getting sick as well! I hope you’re both feeling better. I have been meaning to say that your signature freaks me out… nearly 1 :eek: !!! OMG that is just to scary to think about!!

Elissa ~ Good to see you back again!! Em is a crawler and has been for months. He is also a climber LOL. ATM he’s favourite trick is playing with doors and locking himself in rooms hehe! Best of luck TTC#2!!

Vic ~ I am happy to study teaching for that reason – works in great with having kids. That is a reasonable enough whinge. I know lots of woman who go back to work because they would prefer working over being a SAHM. There’s nothing wrong with that. Would you financially be able to afford to go back to work at all? That may help?? That is so cute of Mel thinking its pictures of her!! Great story about Cam as well – that gave me a chuckle!!

Mrsmac ~ I just love that photo of Riley!! I did have a lovely weekend away thanks for thinking of me! Whoo hoo for having your U/S on H&A – how cool!!

Kim ~ I would have been furious at Cam as well! Men – pffft!!! That is excellent to hear that Darcy is going so well with her swimming lessons. YAY for Miss Darcy sleeping through… shhhh!!! Pmsl @ the men not washing their hands and getting gastro!!! Darcy sounds exactly like Em with getting into everything. He just ignores his toys a lot of the time!

Beck ~ That is what I’m hoping to do – start with nursing and then transfer over. Either way I hope to end up with a double degree in Midwifery and Nursing, I would just rather major in Midwifery then Nursing. Otherwise I’ll be a teacher!!

Leanne ~ I’d never thought I’d hear the day where you’d say ‘driving’ and ‘relaxing’ in the same sentence!!! YAY for you!

OMG at the babies standing up by themselves!! Smart little cookies they are! Well that is a quick attempt at personals. Sorry if I’ve missed you! I have a few things to do and I need to wake Em up so I will come back and update you all on us later tonight!!

BFN

welll Archie stayed up for 2 hours, playing by himself (unheard of) til he tried to pull himself up on his toy and fell back and hit his head. he is just waking up now, better go...

hi Lea cute pic of Emerson

That's what happens when they think they are 5 not 8months old. Hope he didn't hit his head too hard Elissa. Isn't it tops when they become a little independent???

Nat, the Dragon's a paper freak too. No matter where it is....my sb room's like heaven to her.

Tehe I gave her a piace of cooked spagetti tonight - she didn't know what to do with it.

Its been busy in here again. Good to see...just means its too much for me to do long personals on. Sorry girls, I am going from memory.

Nat, teaching is a great career move...well, I am a little biased. Well done on getting in.

Jodie, I haven't seen Sara for a while either. She must be just too tired to get on the computer at nights, I know she was pretty exhausted after work.

Shazz, glad you are getting back to healthy again. Men are the worst patients aren't they. They sneeze and they think they have the flu!!

Kim, very funny story about Cam in the shower. Well, funny now but not at the time probably.

I cant remember who mentioned eating paper, but Cooper does too. I tried to rock him to sleep the other day and everytime the dummy went in his mouth he would pull a funny face and make a grunting sort of noise. Then he put his head back and cried and I could see a big chunk of paper stuck on the roof of his mouth. No wonder he wouldnt sleep. As soon as I removed it he closed his eyes and went to sleep.

Ohhh, I cant remember anything else...I am a shocker. Sorry, I will do better next time.

Tooth #2 is coming through here and Cooper is going through hell. Poor bubba, he is so upset during the nights again, its back to him and I co-sleeping in the spare bed. I know it can be bad, but I will do anything to comfort my boy when he is so upset.

We are sure he is saying 'mum-mum-mum' which I love.

One more week before I return to full time work. I am so sad at the thought. I will miss being able to do lunch with friends and go shopping whenever I like. Of course I will miss Cooper, that goes without saying. I wish I had a husband who had a real job who could support me being a SAHM....instead of me supporting him being a SAHD. It gets me so mad and upset at times...anyway...

Hope you are all going well...back tomorrow to see how things are going.

i forgot to tell you all what ryans new trick is you know those fisher price activity centres that have wheels so the can push them around ........ And his offf and racing he has been burning around all day and watch out if anything gets in his way he has a minor tanty then proceeds to push like it is a mower back and forth back and forth till what or who ever is out of the way it is a halarious to watch but now he thinks he can walk OMG and just lets go and goes to run and then crashes and (most of the times) ...burns then late this after noon he climbed aboard his push car and i mean literally climbed up and stood on the seat to reach on top of the tv cabinet just caught him in time before the car rolled out from under him then 10 minutes later he climbed the fire place mg: it is freaking me out i need a pair of shackles with a dirty big heavy ball attached to the chain i shouldn't be to surprized niko walked at 9 months , darn it why won't he stay a baby just a little bit longer and to top it off this is the first day he completely refused to BF so i guess thats it i'm obsolete ok enough of me me me me post
    i'll be back tomorrow after work have good night every one

Boy is it smoky here this morning, the bushfires seem to be under control but we have a thick blanket of smoke over the whole area now, yuk.
    I have to go into work for a meeting this morning to sort out a few things for job sharing, the boss hates people job sharing but he has no choice but to let me so I have to make it work.
    Neveplan I'm glad Riley could keep Mel amused! Its such a pain typing with a baby on your lap isn't it? Riley is always deleting things or moving stuff, we have had to give him his own TV remote with no batteries cause he kept changing channels when we were watching things.
    Lea Glad you enjoyed the weekend even if it wasn't the ritz! The only time I have been able to go away from my kids and DH is in Sept. 2005 I went to Canberra for 3 days- with 80 children!!!!(Year 5&6 excursion)
    OMG I can smell Riley fromhere BBL

Alison - i had a giggle about the paper stuck in his mouth , sounds like something i would do he he. Arch loves eating paper too.

kim - its fantastic to see the proud look on their faces when they do something new.

Evening ladies and bubbies.

Thought I would pop in and say a big hello to

BabyCrazy and Jovi
    Kim and Darcy
    Mummy4Life and Phoebe
    Nat and Emerson
    Neverplan and Adam
    Sheree and Lachlan
    Delta Blue and Cooper
    Bellasmum and Patrick
    Maddison's Mummy and Maddison
    Miss Bexy and Mason
    Angelique and Katerina
    Jodie and Shaun
    Rachy and Krystal
    Tannis and Jayden
    Jemima and Jesse
    Sara and Briley
    Widdly and Archie
    Mrs Mac and Riley

Wow thats 18.... Apologies if I missed anyone.... Hope all is going well with eating, sleeping, pooping, teething etc....

Just baking some lemon and poppyseed muffins (97% fat free) as I am going to a 'sewing day' tomorrow and thought something a little healthy would be good. I can smell them, they're ready. Mmmmm

We had a good day today, NOT..... Kaitlyn was in a bad mood most of the day and I was feeling fat, down, bored and hormonal. Need I say more?

Why can't babies just wake up one day with a full set of teeth in their mouths? It would make life easier for both us and bub. But when you think about it it would look pretty funny eh?

Anyway, enough rambling from me, better get the muffins out before they burn and be off to bed.

Nite.

OK, bad mother of the year award goes to.......ME.

For about a month now I have been complaining about Cooper teething. He has been grizzly and sleeping really badly through the night. During the day he can have this constant whine going on which drives me batty. Then at night, he has been stirring heaps and wakes up screaming and wont resettle, so I have been taking him into the spare bed with me to sleep.

Today I went to the MCHN for his 8 month check up and mentioned how badly he was teething. She said I should get a dr to look at him because teething shouldn't be so bad and go on for so long. Should be a couple of days max.

So....I took him to the dr this afternoon and yes he is teething BUT he has a mild ear infection...explaining his screaming at night because when they lay down the pressure builds up causing them pain.

I feel so bad, I should have had him looked at sooner, but the symptoms were the same as teething (pulling at ears, screaming, unsettled sleeps etc). Bad mummy!!!

leanne - mmmm wish i could have one of your muffins ... i can smell them now aaahhh. sorry you had a bad day. i agree teething sucks!

alison - poor cooper! yuour not a bad mum, just a first time mum. i am paranoid about ear infections, he has never had one, but every time he pulls his ear (which is very often) i wonder if it is an infection. im sure cooper will forgive you. as mums we will always find something to feel guilty about.

well i am still see-sawing between ttc and not ttc...........

What causes ear infections in babies?

Life causes ear infections in babies I think!!! Riley has had one already, Jess used to get them heaps,Erin has had a few, don't know why. Don't feel bad about not noticing, the symptoms are very similar to teething and I have never thought "I think my child has an ear infection" and taken them to the doctors, its always been discovered when I've thought it was something else. You are not a bad mother honey!!! I made Jess wait 5 hours before taking her to emergency with a broken wrist cause i thought she was being over dramatic!(how bad did I feel then LOL)
    Love the list Leanne, I may print it off to remember who belongs to whom.
    Riley still seems to be teething but has no teeth, he still isn't crawling either but both the cat and I are pleased about that! He is very into eating paper too, he ate Jess' soccer registration form today which is a pain, she is away atm but won't be pleased when she has to take in the crumpled, ripped and half sucked form to the rego day LOL.
    Going to bed now, we are taking the 2 youngest to the Aquarium tomorrow.

Evening ladies!!

Just quickly. Our weekend away was great! The shack was hot pink and aside from being too small with non-working spa and toilets – it was good!! There were 16 of us so lots of talking and laughing and drinking!!! It was like a huge slumber party!!

Widdly – Thanks!! It is from the professional shots I had done in October!

Kim – I’m loving the independent part! Its sad but so much easier!

Alison – Thanks for the congrats!! It has been busy in here hasn’t it!! Hehe @ the paper stuck to the roof of his mouth!! Em has done that before as well! Don’t feel bad honey! Easy done!! I hope he’s feeling better soon!

Shazz – That is so cute of Ryan!! OMG @ the climbing! That is worse then Em!! How scary!!!

Mrsmac – 80 kids – lovely!!! Hehe at smelling Riley! PMSL at Jess’s soccer registrationg form!!!

Leanne – Hey how are you!!? WOW at everyone you listed!! How did you remember them all! Our little group is getting bigger and bigger hey! I wish Em would just wake up with a full set of teeth. I can see them right under the gum line and even feel them slightly but they sit there and do nothing.!!! Grrrr

Well we had a great day today. Got some cleaning done and I bought a new pram!! It’s the one in the Kmart catalogue – was advertised at $129 and I got it for about $95!!! It’s a 3 wheeler one so it will be great for walking. I will still use my Peg one for out and about though. I also discovered Jesters!! Has anyone been to a Jesters before? I had a to die for Chicken Carbornara pie and a blueberry kiss!! Just divine.

I’m about to head to bed. Night all!

Elissa I read that other thread too, cos I'm not sure either. What works for someone doesn't work for everyone else. They only going on their experience.....I totally agree with Vic and that's what we're going to do....if it happens, it happens. I love Darcy to death and I never ever knew I could love a little soul as much as I love her. At the moment I don't want her to have to share, but I never ever want her to be lonely either.

That's great about working Vic. Are you going to be OK in that close a proximity to those awful ILs of yours? Did you pick a stroller? I need a little one for travel too and have no idea.

Alison, you poor love. Hope Cooper's feeling better with some ABs. My mum let me go four days with a badly broken wrist when I was six, cos she didn't believe me - and I could talk!!! Was only when I had to get my four year old sister to open the toothpaste she thought we'd better get it checked out.

Nat I've always wanted to try them, but there's none even remotely close to where we are. Sounds great though. There was a poster in the general babies threads born in may, maybe you could PM her and send her in here.

OMG about Ryan's climbing Shazz!!!! I thought Darcy was bad, but she's still a bit too gumby for that yet.

I've been feeling a bit poo in this terrible heat the last couple of days. I've had the worst headache that panadol isn't budging and kidney pain again for a while....bet my BPs gone back up. Can't drink anymore water, I have about 10 glasses a day. Probably doesn't help stressing about money either....

For those of you with digi cameras theres a website called getdigital dot com dot au that does 13c!!! prints and you pick them up at a chemist near you. You have to order 100 at a time, but hey at 13c that's only 13 bucks! I've ordered some and can't wiat to see how they turn out.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 24th, 2007 at 09:28 AM.

Vic ~ YAY about being able to work out of those 4 walls! It sounds like just the break you need. That’s great that you’re getting closer and closer to having your own business as well. Jesters is a food place that just does pies – savoury and sweet. I had the yummiest food there – it was great!! LOL at Adams shots being 2 months late – Em’s were 1 and ½ months late lol.

Kim ~ I hope you’re feeling better soon sweet! I hope that BP is down!! A friend just had some of those printed out. They turned out fine – not as great quality as say Harvey Norman but good all the same!

Just made a chocolate cake and cleaned up. Now I need to do the ironing and clean this desk up. And find something for lunch… I’m a little peckish after talking about Jesters pmsl.

Ever get in the mood where you have heaps to do but you’re really bored… and you just end up procrastinating and wasting time… grrr that’s where I am right now!!

Hehe I should be re-working my budget/finances, ironing, cleaning my desk, scrap booking... something other then the nothing I am doing!!!

neverplan - yes those threads did put me off but i think i will stop the pill again after next AF and just leave it to fate...knowing us it won't happen for years anyway

lea - i am hopeless with procrustinating i do it constantly.

do you uys make big meal batches and freeze it? what sort of meals do you do at this age?? i am a self confessed hopeless cook, i just hate cooking.. luckily i love doing the laundry so it all evens out....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast