Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #20

Ryan's picture looks like he has mischief in his eyes LOL.

Oh goody! Thought we'd be exempt for a little bit longer....Darcy's the same and cos I rarely get tanty angry I do laugh at her a lot - same as I do with her dad. It's real tears too

No such luck! Riley is a mini daddy when it comers to temper! He has been screaming because I won't let him help me type! Now he has his mobile and is playing with that happily for a few minutes at least (he has his own mobile cause he dropped Jess' and she had to get a new one so she gave him the old one)
    I am bored. DH is in the garage, Jess is doing something in her room and Erin has a friend over. I made Jess come with me to buy sundaes earlier which I now feel guilty for eating LOL.

Haha funny you mention sundaes....I have one in the fridge, but Darcy won't settle enough to let me eat it...serves me right.

I've got an indestructable rubber coated 'brickies' phone. No joke, so Darcy is allowed to play with that and nothing else. I found our home phone had been off the hook 80 mins yesterday....

Once I found Erin playing with the phone when she was about 18 months and she was babbling away into it and I realised she was talking to someone!! I had to get on and say sorry my baby accidentally called you then hang up, heaven knows where they were! I realised that Riley has taken heaps of photos with my phone yesterday. I should let him play with Jess' new one cause her phone bills are enormous! (last month $300- she works to pay for her phone habit LOL)

holey dooley $300!!! I have a heart attack when mine's over $30.

Ended up sharing the sundae with the Dragon and now am going to try and get her to lay down with me.....

Neverplan- I can understand you are excited about getting out of the house. Part of me is excited about going back to school cause I do love my job. IKWYM about getting rid of the kids! DH has been home all holidays and is sick of them and Erin is desperate to be with her friends again too. Jess isn't so excited about Yr 10 but then its not cool to like school at that age LOL.
    Kim- hope you enjoyed the sundae, maybe the dragon will get a job at Maccas when she's older and she can keep you in sundaes like Jess does for me! I have eaten more in the past year than in my whole life LOL.

Don't be sorry Vic, I'm glad you're excited.

Oh no Christine, I so don't need any more sundaes, having consisten supplies would be awful for me. My sis's wedding is in about 5 weeks and I've not lost the weight I wanted. I just don't have the drive this time round. I lost 20kg to go to the accademy, cos I REALLY wanted to be there, just don't have that this time. That and it's so hot who could be bothered exercising?

D-day for me today, so if I don't get back on, good luck to you girls who start back tomorrow. Got to try and squeeze in some sleep after my crap night (late nights do not agree with Darcy), but she won't have her regular sleeps today, so should be interesting....

Erch! We were just driving along and some twat with a whipper snipper shot up a rock and smashed Darcy's window! Poor thing got a terrible fright, but the bloke with the whipper snipper got a bigger one when Cameron jumped out and nearly ate him LOL.
    Now we can't take Darcy anywhere until the window gets fixed. It is covered by our insurance, but the claims dept is shut today so we're not sure if we have to pay the $357 for the window plus the $120 callout fee and they reimburse us or not. Justwaht we need.

Kim, that is so scary about the window. Glad Darcy wasn't hurt though. Goodluck back at work tomorrow.

Thanks Alison, it's tonight though...6.30-7am...woooohooo NOT!

Default work!

I was due to go btw 8th Jan but decided against it ... after doing sums it wasn't really worth it. Childcare is shockingly expensive ...maybe that's what I should think about doing next (lol) :biggrin:

Hi Clare, welcome to may babies!

I'm Kim, mum to Darcy the Dragon. I'm lucky enough that bot of us are shift workers and my DH is rostered off my nights.
    Look forward to getting to know you!

Hope everything goes well Kim, horrible about Darcy's window that must have scared you. I am trying to get the house tidied before I go to work tomorrow. I have to work out what to pack for Riley as I've never left a baby in FDC before, I feel teary just thinking about it. I am also feeling weird about going back to work with new people starting who are young and pretty LOL (I know I'm weird but I always think people will like me less if there are new nicer people, I was the youngest for 10 years so its hard to get used to having lots more younger staff) OK enough of my neuroses! (sp?)
    Kim I hope its quiet for you at work and the Dragon is good for her dad.

ETA Welcome Clare, you are so lucky to be able to stay home LOL. Maybe you should do FDC, there seems to be a shortage of places atm.

Hi Kim
    I really am just getting used to this site, I have been away doing the bath routine ..what fun. Looking forward to getting to know you too! How do I know without coming back to this original message that you have replied to me, is there an easier way?? (sorry for the basics)

neverplan, it's really great WAHM however sometimes I think it might be good to do something part-time, am considering at the moment even if it was evening work, getting married in Jan 2008 so xtra $ would be handy ... it all helps
    Last edited by Lea13; January 28th, 2007 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Double Post

Neverplan- thanks for the advice re packing, the lady he is going to said send a big pack of nappies and wipes and she will let me know when they are nearly finished. I will probably overpack clothes and food but i guess I'll get the hang of it. I am going to see how he goes with just water for the 7 hrs he'll be there and bf him straight before and after. A bit nervous about that. Our kids don't go until tuesday. tomorrow is just meetings and setting up our rooms. Tell DD i hope she has a lovely day.
    Clare- if you select notify me of replies in your user profile you'll get an email if someone posts in a thread you have posted in.

tks heaps! glad you n oticed I was struggling christine, looking forward to speaking soon

Thats Ok, I was laughing to myself as I advised you cause I am hopeless with computers LOL! My yr 5 class used to help me do anything remotely tricky.
    Which area of Sydney are you in?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast