Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #20

Sara so good to hear from you..... and that all is going well with bubba #2

Thanks everyone for your thoughts etc last night. Yesterday was a shocker, but I am feeling better today. DH took the car so I have just been pottering at home. Have ahd a headache most of the day though so taking panadol and trying to rest when Kaitlyn's been resting. She's VERY clingy today, following me around the house and sits with her hands up. So cute. She's fallen asleep in my arms at every feed which is so unlike her.

Thanks Jodie for your email this morning. I'm going out tonight so probably should start to think about what I am going to wear, but I'll reply soon. Thanks again.

Well better get the washing off the line while my princess is in bed, and go have a shower.

Happy Aussie Day everyone.

happy aussie day

happy aussie day everyone!

sara - so happy for u that ur pg is going really quickly for u, hope mine does that next time.

tania - hope u get some well earned relaxation on ur holiday (knowing that ur a mum you probably wont though huh?!)

Archie has just got his second wind so he is playing on the floor with his toys, hopefully he will be asleep by 9:30. Just dropped drunken DH off at my sister's, she's got people around for aussie day drinks. was glad to just get home to some peice and quiet after a busy, but fun, afternoon. OH! Archie had a sleep in his pram will we were out this afternoon! he hasn't done that for months, what a good boy!!

after umming and aaaing about whether or not i am readt to ttc#2 i have finally decided to just do it! very excited (and a little scared) can't wait to give Archie a little brother or sister, i just hope we don't have twins, our generation are due to have them!!

Kim, yay at Darcy clapping, how cute. I have been trying hard to teach Cooper to do it, but no luck so far. He claps my hand but not his together.

Sara, its great to hear from you and that things are going well. Have you finished work now?

Elissa, congrats on deciding to ttc #2.

Vic, is Adam better today? lol at the power spew on your DH. Cooper was unsettled for a week after his needles. Thank goodness there are no more for another 4 months.

Cooper's ear infections seem to be clearing up, he is a much happier boy now. Night sleeps are still awful, waking heaps and needing settling out of the cot then sleeping together in the spare bed. I really dont know how to stop it. I guess sleep school is the only solution but I will be back at work next week.

Speaking of work, am I bad for feeling angry that I have to go back to work while DH gets to stay home and look after Cooper?? I know I have had a great 8 months with him, but it just feels so wrong having to leave him. I am angry that Tony doesnt work enough for me to be able to stay at home. I wish he had a real job and not just float from job to job. I feel as though he should have done more to support us and not rely on me to support him. I always imagined I would be a SAHM for atleast 12 months. He tries really hard when he looks after Cooper but it just isnt good enough IYKWIM. I'm crying just thinking about being away from him.

OK, enough whinging from me.

Back in the morning.

Alison, no way are you a bad person!!!! I would move heaven and earth to stay home with Darcy. We even thought about selling our unit and renting so I could, but it's just not an option. Could you not both work part time? The thought of someone else looking after Darcy and me missing out makes me feel sick too. Even if it is DH. I'm lucky I can do 3/4 hours in two nights, but I'm still worried DH will just let her cry cos he doesn't have the patience or the tolerance to settle her, and then that will make it worse for me the rest of the week. I also know he'll expect me to still do everything AND do night work, even though he has the next 2 weeks off and has told me he plans to spend it in front of the TV!
    Sorry that turned into my rant didn't it? But NO WAY should you feel bad for feeling like that. Ultimately I guess there isn't a lot we can do about it and just have to make the best of a bad situation.
    What year are you going to teach Alison?
    Which makes me ponder....I only have to do a one year conversion to teaching. If I did that, and I moved to another state, do your qualifications transfer???? I so don't want to have to go through another police accademy.

I'm still around girls.

There is just so much going on around here - both good and bad. :frown: Taking some time out because of it all. I would go into more detail but you all know what its like with a public forum and all.

Alison - You're def not a bad person!! I would do anything to make sure I could stay home with Em if that's what I wanted. Is DH not working at all right now?

Elissa - Whoo hoo for deciding to start TTC #2!! Best of luck with it!!

Jodie - LOL with needing order. You sound like me!! Except I did the same thing with my wardrobe months ago hehe!!!

Hey Shazz, Sara, Tania, Leanne, Vic and Christine.

Sorry for the pathetic attempt at personals. :frown:

I am out today (in fact I need to leave soon LOL) and then working tomorrow and then Em has his first two days at childcare Monday and Tuesday. I have the Big Day Out next week as well working both days next weekend and then the following week I start uni so I am busy enough in that sense.

Will check back in soon.

OK so I must want to be pregnant more than I thought I did....I've just been looking at maternity stuff on ebay......

pmsl Kim!!!! When are you thinking of TTC #2???

Nat my depo injection needs to be done again in march and I'm not going to have it so we'll just see what happens after that. I know of people who've fallen pregnant in the first month, others it's taken a while to wear off.

Thanks Kim and Nat. DH works for his brother and its just a matter of when his brother has a contract to do demolition or not...he hasnt had one since about November.

Kim, part time isnt an option for me, I have accepted and signed a 12 month contract to teach full time. I have grade 5/6, but its mainly grade 6 (only 3 grade 5 students in there). I transferred from teaching in NSW to Victoria, so I can explain what happened when I applied to teach down here...it was a nightmare and basically they wouldn't acknowledge my 9 years of teaching in Sydney so I was back to the beginning wage down here (dropped over $10 000 a year which sucked big time). You do not have to do more training, just go through the victorian institution of teaching. If you want to know more, let me know, I had a hard time with the VIT.

LOL at looking at maternity clothes...I change my mind every day about when I want to TTC #2...have you made a decision about when??

See here's my dilemma....I'm going to be 30 in March next year. I want to have a baby that year because there is a long line of girls in our family that are 10 years apart and I want it to continue. Next year we have a 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10. However, I want to either go to Ayers Rock or Fiji for my birthday (before Darcy's 2 and costs to fly) and so don't want to be so pregnant I can't travel, but I don't know that I can wait until Nov/Dec to TTC. So I'm hoping either march/april - I THINK. Then there's the dramas Cam and I have been having and that puts me off. And right ATM I couldn't care if Darcy was an only child, I just love being with her, but I really don't think I want that.... Hopefully going back to work will make the weeks fly and it will be October before I know it and I won't have my dilemma....

Alison- I know exactly how you feel. Whilst I love my job I would prefer to be off longer but DH's wage is nearly half mine so we can't. Also he seems to resent me being at home while he works, like I'm getting some bludging holiday while he slaves. (We just had a bit of a fight so I'm not feeling too charitable atm) I do envy you having Yr 5/6 thats my dream and I am stuck with year 1! At least I can job share.
    Kim- I taught in NT for a year, my qualifications from NSW were recognised there but not that fact that in NSW and were on the top of the pay scale you got paid as if you had a degree even if you didn't- I dropped $9000 a year, also their pay was less but this was 1999. Things have changed a bit up there but if you ever wanted to go to NT to teach I still have some contacts.
    Lea- Hope everything is OK.
    It sounds like a few of us are going back to work this week, its sad isn't it? I am feeling very teary about leaving Riley, he seems too young.
    My mind has gone blank about anything else I was going to write! Widdly- I hope you haven't been overwhelmed with info about age gaps LOL, I tell you having a baby and a 15 yr old can be very very handy!!!
    Leanne hope you are feeling better.
    Can't remember who said their baby had no teeth and couldn't crawl but bless you for saying that cause Riley is the same and I was feeling a bit paranoid LOL

Did you girls get your govt service recognised?
    We're actually thinking of Tassie. What's the pay like down there - anyone know?

I actually looked in to teaching in Tassie a few years ago and even applied for some jobs. At that stage it was VERY difficult for outsiders to get jobs teaching and I didn't even get to interview when I had been teaching since 1988 and had a wide range of experience both in Sydney and NT.
    In NSW I'm pretty sure they rec. govt. experience but don't quote me.

Alison - i am sorry your having a hard time going backto work. big hugs.
    kim - yay another ttcer this year, you'll prob get pg before me!

we have my sisters 21st party tonight at 8pm. sucks that it starts so late, means that i won't be able to be there very long. Archie has just gone to bed so im hoping he sleeps til at least 6pm (wishful thinking i reckon!) so he can come to the party for a couple of hours.

is anybody else noticing that their babies seperation anxiety is starting to get worse? they say tht it peaks at 9 months, arch is such a mummy's boy, he never takes his eyes off me and sooks every time i walk away from him.

My auntie was holding arch today and he stuck his finger into her can of beer and cut his little finger. he didn't react but it bled for ages

Don't count on it Elissa. Be good to have a belly buddy though. Poor little mite.

Good to know, thanks Christine, I'll probably save the uni time and just return to nursing. It all counts towards long service thank goodness though.

Are they too young for tantrums? Darcy has a fetish for plastic bags. Yesterday I wouldn't let her have the full nappy sack and put it out of her reach - well didn't she turn it on!! Today she didn't want to sit in the pram or the carseat and the screams! OMG!

Riley has been having tantys for a while now, he has his father's filthy temper LOL. He has a screaming fit if you take something away from him or even if he drops something! Jess never really had a tantrum even in her terrible twos, but Erin started at about 2.

got to love the tanty's ryan can turn in a second and he gets louder and louder when i laugh at him

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast