Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #21

No ideas for a party yet, though don't want it to be as bad as the christening.

I'm a shoe fan too. Don't actually like the idea of them on pre walkers, but Darcy has heaps of shoes. I even have one pair I love so much Cam bought them for me in the next size up

Is it bad to have shoes on pre-walkers?

lea - i wouldn't say it is 'bad' to have shoes on pre-walkers, but it is recommended not to put any shoes on til they are up and walking confidently. This is because the feet don't develope properly if they are cramped up in shoes which might be a bit tight. I don't put shoes on Archie but that is more cause of money reasons and i myself love to be barefoot as much as possible cause i find it comfy and free so i just do the same for him.

Don't get stressed about it or anything, just keep an eye on Ems shoes and make sure they have plenty of room to wriggle his toes around and grow.

i did a great big post with personals and then the screen froze so i cracked it and turned computer off, that was couple of hours ago, so sorry for no personals, its not that i don't care, just annoyed at computer.

No not bad, sorry Nat. It's just easier for them to learn to walk in bare feet.

vic - that is so funny! i can't wit for Archie to pipe up with things like that!

it took arch an hour to get to sleep this afternoon, and while he was mucking around in the cot he was whistling! I can't even whistle!

Hahahaha Vic!

I have a funny story today. I think I set off a national security scare in Pakistan - no joke. Dh is doing an anti-terrorist driving course at the accademy in the next few weeks and he has to do an assignmient on the assassination attempt on the Pakistani President. So me being the nerd thought it would be cool to ring the embassy and get some onfo from their side. Well every time I explained my story, the line went silent and they tried to palm me off to someone else. In the end they gave me the defence branch and the last lady got me phone number and said she'd ring me back.....well no-one has....

I have to find an outfit for the races and shoes for this wedding. I have been shopping ALL afternoon and cannot find a thing - stupid season change.

Kim- How funny, hopefully you haven't started a full scale alert at the embassy LOL. It must be interesting to be in the Police force, i always watch Missing persons and Motorway patrol and all those shows (then again I love any reality tv LOL)
    Neverplan- Hayley's school sounds very intense, I read your thread about uniforms too. We have a fairly strict uniform policy but there is a clothing pool where you can get everything you need and they always have 2nd hand stuff too. Ours all have the school bag but hang different trinkets on them so the kids can tell their own.
    Elissa- don't you hate computers some days?? that never happens when you just type a couple of words its always when you make a big effort.
    Lea- BDO sounded great, Jess wanted to go to the one in Sydney but we decided 15 was just a little bit too young to go with friends (not so much her age more that some of the crowd may not be as sober or drugless as we'd like LOL) Its very stressful having a teenager, you always thought you would be so incredibly cool as a parent and when they are teenagers you're not!
    Riley still has no teeth and is still stationary. I am sure the teeth are close but then again I have been for months.
    I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend, Riley is still waking 2 hourly so I may nap a lot this weekend. Hope your shopping goes well Kim.
    Hope all the other mums and bubs are well too

I totally agree about 15 being too young. My 24yo bro has been going for about 6 years, but he's a big strappy navy chappy. One year he broke his ankle and just disappeared. I was working and it took me hours to locate him at a hospital.....

Evening ladies,

Thought i would jump on the computer for a while. I have had a pretty busy day today. We started cleaning up the front porch to put up the fence around the edge for when Briley start crawling and walking. My mums b/f is also painting the house inside and out for us. And the best thing is everything is FREE!!!! Good to have friends with certain skills and free paint! The lounge is done and Briley's room is half done. Briley is having a yellow room! I love the colour.

Not up for personals tonight girls. I have caught a cold from Brent and Briley and i don't really have much energy. Especiall not thinking energy!

Other than me being sick, we are all well.

Hugs and kisses to you all.

Talk tomorrow...

Elissa ~ Arghh at the computer freezing how annoying!!

Kim ~ Buggar at not being able to find anything. That is always the way when you’re looking… and then when you’re not you come across the greatest stuff!! Pmsl @ setting off a national security scare in Pakistan!!

Christine ~ I can completely understand – especially at 15. Though I do have to say that I was expecting some vile behaviour and saw none at the Adelaide BDO. It was really good. There were security everywhere as well as police, first aid officers and ambulance guys. It was really well done over here – out of the 35,000 people that attended there were only 4 arrests and 22 people kicked out. I hope that helps you feel better for when she asks next year or the year after LOL. Oh and they are extremely strict on the alcohol thing. When you walk in you have to go to a booth to show your ID and you get a wrist tag – without the wrist tag you aren’t even allowed in the bar.

Vic ~ That is just classic of Hayley to say that LOL! I would have been pmsl as well!!

Sara ~ Gotta love free paint!! That sounds fantastic! I wish I could paint Em’s nursery but being a rental there is no way that I can! *Maybe* in my next place as my friend owns it but I’d rather not IYWKIM. I hope you are feeling better sweets!

Thanks for the shoe advice there! I had a scary moment for a second thinking I had done damage lol. He only wears shoes when we’re out – so at home where he does most of his walking he’s fine. And he only has 2 pairs of shoes that are hard soled the rest have all been soft sole ones anyway.

Well not much else to say. I’m excited about uni but you all know that!! Things are great here and there really isn’t much to say for once! Oh except we have nicknamed Emerson Satan’s Spawn lmao! Not very nice but the kid is so angelic one minute and a horror the next! Its unbelievable!! I think he is teething right now the poor thing. He is just chewing everything and seems to be in so much pain! Darn stupid teeth! Everytime this happens I swear that they are about to cut but they never do…

Lea- next year I will send her to Adelaide and se can go with you LOL!! Or maybe Kim's brother can take her! actually I think she can stay away from sailors!(her mum got into too much mischief with sailors LOL) Hope the uni prep is going well. I can't imagine going back to studying so good on you. I think Riley is about to get teeth all the time too, one day I will be right.
    PMSL at Em being satan's spawn, Jess likes to refer to Riley as the devil baby! Riley is really relaxed and gorgeous until something doesn't go his way and then he is the tantrum thrower from hell!
    Kim- are you going on another shoe mission today? I hate shopping for a specific thing cause you never find it. Where is the wedding?
    My brain has just switched off so no more personals except I hope you feel better soon Sara.
    Erin is harrassing me about what is she going to wear to a party (tomorrow- she likes to think about these things for a while LOL) I have to go and sort out her apparant wardrobe crisis!! BBL

Morning...

Just popping in quickly to say hello and that I survived my first week back at work. Boy it felt great to not have to get up early this morning. But it also felt great to be paid again.... My boss is being really nice and has even given half of my 'tasks' to someone else to do. Should all work out fine

Today there's all the washing ironing and other fun stuff to do around the house but you get that.

We kept Katy home from 'school' yesterday cause she had the runs big time and it seems there's still something going on down there.

Other than that not much happening.
    Sorry for no personals there is so much to catch up on but I am thinking of you all.

Oh and happy 9 months for the 9 May babies for yesterday.... Kaitlyn, Phoebe, Darcy, and Jesse (I am sure I have missed one).

BBL

Gotta love the hand me downs Vic! My cousin gave me bags and bags of stuff for Riley which was great cause she only buys pumpkin patch esprit etc (and refuses to put her children in terry towelling!LOL) Riley is now better dressed than anyone else in the family.
    Does your school have a school council? The P&C sounds like they need some "normal" people like you in it!

Afternoon ladies,

Stil feeling pretty crap. Briley has been a down right you-know-what for the last couple of days which makes it harder. Lucky mum is here to help out! Having a bad pregnancy day today. I have brought back up whatever i have eaten again. Hope it does'nt get as bad as last week.

Leanne - Glad to hear you survived work! Its hard is'nt it! Going back i mean. I am so glad i am over it now!

Kim - OMG!! Thats so funny....a national crisis! I would have loved to have listened in on the conversation!

Vic - Hand me down are great!! Only i seem to be the only one doing the handing down at the mo! Might have to go and pay a visit to my aunty!!! Thats helarious about what Hayley was saying. You can't help but laugh can you!

Nat - Yeah we rented for such a long time. Its great being able to do whatever you want to the place! Your time will come honey!

Quiet in here today...

BBL

Nope Christine gave up yesterday and went out for lunch with Mum and Dad to Watson's Bay (Doyles). We love going there, and DH and I got married at the navy base on the hill, but he had never actually been to the restaurant and nearly had a heart attack at the prices.....we grew up in totally different places..... Will continue with the mission today though. To make matter worse my sister rang to tell me she had found a dress and shoes for next week blech!
    ETA My bro's nice guy, not like most of the sailors I used to know either...hehe he's the only kid I know who is still cool but openly bags drugs and drug takers (you know how often they don't say what they think cos someone might laugh)....what am I saying he's 24...oh well.

I love yellow Sara! Darcy's next room is going to be yellow and pink! Hope you're feeling better chickie.

Nat that is no worse than me calling her Darcy the Dragon.

Sunday again, more work yuk. Wonder what tonight will bring. We've got a bit of a babysitting crisi tomorrow cos I don't finish until 7 and Cam starts at 8 but would have to leave home at 7, so he's coming to work early and we'll swap Darc at half time. Thank goodness we work together....

Got my shoes!!! $26 too! No dress though. I just look terrible in dresses and feeling very overweight this week.....Jodie I have failed the challenge.

Yay for the shoes Kim. I hate dresses too, I am just the wrong shape for them, thighs/hips too big, boobs too small LOL. Can you wear really dressy pants and top?? Skirt? I hate the pressure of things like this, do you have a friend with a fantastic wardrobe who is the same size as you????? (what fantasy land do I live in LOL)
    Riley woke every hour last night, maybe he's teething, I am exhausted but did manage a nap this arvo thank goodness. Erin went to the birthday party and came home with green hair! Luckily her hair needs washing before school tomorrow anyway- there were a couple of mums who had washed their daughters hair for the party who weren't too excited about it.
    Have a good night at work Kim, hope nothing too dramatic happens although it would be interesting for us living vicariously through you LOL.

Morning girls!

Still feeling so crap. Got a cough now. Just going to bum round the house today i think. I have a few things i need to do. I just don't have the energy levels. This flu seems to be sucking the life out of me, literally. I just can't do anything. All i want to do is sit around. I hate feeling like this.

Anyhoo, sorry bout that!

Been quiet in here the past week or so. Hope you are all well.

BBL

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast