Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #23

Thank god I found you all again!
    Now i have just read all your posts and Riley is whinging and so is DH so I have to go!
    BBL or tomorrow.

Evening girls,

Just got home from tea at Sizzlers. Could'nt really afford it but seeing as it was brents last night in town for a couple of weeks i thought i would treat him.

We have just finished packing his and my stuff. He got a call from his job this afternoon to say that the plane he is catching is'nt leaving till 11am now. I still have to go into uni for a lecture at 8am so that means an early morning. I am going to stay at mums tomorrow night cause i have another 8am lecture on thursday morning.

I am so tired now. Been on the go all day. Today went so quick. I coud'nt believe it when mum called to say did we want to go too tea and when i looked at the clock it said 3.45pm! The day went so quick. I managed to get everything done. Brent ofcourse did'nt!!!

Anyhoo...i'm tired.

Hope you are all well.

Hugs and kisses to all the bubs.

Ni night!

OMG girls!! I was going to do personals tonight but it has taken ages for me to read through all that has been going on!! Chris also took over the computer for about 20mins!!

MIL is ok and is coming home from Bris tomorrow, but SIL#2 (who looks after Jayden 3 days a week at FDC) is the one who is picking her up which means I have no one to look after Jayden tomorrow. Luckily I have an understanding boss and I am having a day off...hopefully I can catch up on personals then.

It annoys me though because PIL have 7 kids...one lives on the Sunny Coast so she can't bring MIL back.....One BIL is on holidays but reckons he won't be able to find the hospital in Bris and everyone else is working.......If SIL 1,3,4 or 6 took a day off to pick up MIL it would just be 1 person taking the day off but because SIL#3 has to go she has to take a day off, her hubby is taking a day off and because of that I have to take a day off!! SIL #3 had a whinge at the hospital saying just as well I was taking the day off to look after Jayden because otherwise it would be up to her...I mean WTF!! She has looked after Jayden twice since he was born and because she wanted to ....I would never go to her 1st,2nd or even 3rd to look after him but she said it like she always has to look after him!!!

Sorry thats my venting over with hahaha

I'll be around tomorrow...(YAY) Nighty night girls
    oxoxoxox

Kellee Guest

Hi there ladies.

Thought I'd pop in while I have a spare minute (a rarity these days, let me assure you!). I wanted to see some pics of all your little ones and they are all just gorgeous! I can't believe that some of them are almost 10 months old already. Crazy. I sent memos to both of mine not to grow up, but they didn't listen and are getting bigger by the day.

Sara and Lea - good luck with the uni stuff. I start my external stuff tomorrow and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fit it all in, but if you gals can do it then I'm sure I can too. Hi to Shazz, Kim and everyone else too.

My two are going great. Toby is almost sleeping through and is holding on to stuff and walking around. It won't be long before he's doing it on his own. It's lots of fun but sometimes I wish I could take a holiday! I'm starting work four days a week in July and DH will go part time so that we don't have to put the kids in day care.

I'm sorry that a) this is so short (I need to go to bed!) and b) I haven't been around. I barely get time to check email these days, let alone get on to the forum. I will try to pop in every now and then to say hi but I know I won't often have time to write. I still think of all of you guys and wonder how you are. I hope you and your bubs are all doing well.

Better go to bed. Lots of love and hugs,

- K.

KELLEE ~ OMG its great to hear from you hun!! We were just talking about you the other day. What are you studying externally? Best of luck with it! I’m sure you’ll manage! That is great you won’t have to put the kids in day care as well. Sounds like Toby is right about where Em is. Definitely pop in and say hi when you can!

Which reminds me I saw Sheree sign in and out of MSN the other day so hopefully that means she’ll be back online soon!

Sara ~ Yep assignments already! And lots of homework as well! I’ve got the course booklet that I need to read before bed tonight so I’m sure that will make everything more clearer. I hope everything with your mum is alright. Funny you should mention it my mum is having tests down for a similar reason. They’re hoping its just adhesions. I’m glad you and Brent had a nice night out and you’re both all packed and organized. Have fun at uni for the next few days! I can’t wait to hear what you’re learning about!

Tania ~ We’ve been chatterboxes hey? Man that is confusing – 7 kids and all those IL’s… I’d be venting about that as well. I’m glad that your MIL is okay though.

Vic ~ Before Kim used Darcy I always thought it was a boys name (from that old book lol – Little Women was it?) Now I think its definitely a girls name! Sounds like you & DH definitely compromised on the names – that is great. I don’t mind the shortening of Charli – still not sure how Charlotte Kae sounds though? What do you think? That is fantastic you’re expanding your business. I’m the same with debt though.

Leanne ~ I am glad that the antibiotics is helping and that Katy is feeling better already. That is great news. I’ve got no idea about claiming back on tax with a medical certificate. Let me know though as it would come in handy come tax time!

Christine ~ PMSL did you loose us with the new thread!!??

I’ve never had a UTI before so I wouldn’t know. Definitely no stinging, burning or even warmth though. Just bloody constant LOL. I never had that when I was pregnant and unless the implanon stopped working I don’t think I’m pregnant lol. I will just drink lots of water. Its darn annoying going to the toilet all the time though.

Uni was great today. We had the craziest performing arts teacher – honestly she kept us on the edge of our seats! Very different to what I was expecting but fun all the same – we got to do stuff like the fire dance, bob sledding and ‘boom babba choom’ pmsl. Then in visual arts I got to make a colour wheel!! Very hands on lol.

Well I’m tired now. Its amazing how much I miss on here when I’m out all day haha. I’ve got another class tomorrow night but I’m home during the day, well mostly home. I’m going to catch up with the girls so not really home at all lol. Will chat tomorrow though I’m sure!

Jodie: What a shame about Yariv’s present!! Can you reschedule? Sounds like you had a great night anyway. Yay for Shaun and his 2nd tooth!! I can’t wait for Jayden’s to be bigger, they look so cute with the bottom 2 teeth!!

Sara: Great to hear things are getting better with Brent!! MOWING!! Take it easy girl….its too hot for you to be mowing!! Campbell is gorgeous……Brent will like it in the end if you have your heart set on it. Beside at the end of the day you fill out the birth cert LOL…that’s how Jayden got a middle name, Chris didn’t want him to have one hehehe. Oh your poor mum, I hope she is ok!!

Shazz: I have gone up in size too, I was 10/12B then got up to a 14DD when I was BF’ing now I am a 12C. I’m loving it LOL. I have gone up a shoe size too, I was 6 before, then went to 7 when I was PG now I am between 6.5-7 depending on brand

Nat: I like Charlotte and Charli……Charli Kae sounds like a designer name, don’t know why but it just does LOL. Chris and I had agreed on 1 girls name which was Kaitlyn Skye but just before I found out I was PG a friend had a little girl and named her Kaitlyn (all my friends knew what name I was set on). We didn’t talk for a long time after that. As much as I love the name still, I couldn’t use it now…..but there are plenty of girls names now and no boy names that we agree on haha so we better have a girl. Good luck with your assignments….Can you take some snacks in with you? I can’t concentrate if I’m too hungry haha. Sheree has been back online for a little while now but is very busy with Lachie and the new business. She had also gotten sick (because she is run down). Lachie has cut his 1st tooth as well…not sure when but I think it was about a week before Jayden (give or take a few days).

Kim: How is work going? I forgot that you were back….sounds very full on and scarey haha. I hope you start to feel a bit more comfy in the dress, just keep trying it on maybe it will give a little hehe

Leanne: I think its wrong that CC’s can charge you even when you have a medical cert….they should allow so many days a year I think. I am pretty sure I get 20 or 30 days free if Jayden is sick…..not 100% on that as its SIL that looks after him.

On the subject of names, who has given middle names and where did the name come from……Like were they named after someone or couldn’t decide on a first name etc…….Jayden’s middle name is Nicholas after a friend of mine who died when he was 13 (I was 12). Since the day he died I have always said I am naming my first born boy after him. Chris doesn’t have a middle name and didn’t want Jayden to have one either but I filled out the birth cert so I made the decision hehehe.

If a PG test is out of date do you think it would still work? Like give an accurate result?

Anyway I better get back to Jayden, he didn’t wake up till after 8am, I gave him a bottle and jumped on the computer, he is amusing himself in the lounge (and has probably spewed everywhere!!)

Chat later
    oxoxox

If a PG test is out of date do you think it would still work? Like give an accurate result
    i dunnno tania !!!! have you got something to share with the group hum huh do ya huh ....

and on the subject of middle names Ryan has his grandads name (Eric ) as his middle name we were very close and he lived with us prior to me nursing him in the final stages of lung cancer so i thought it was fitting that Ryan take his name so it was really hard to come up with a name to go in front of eric ( it is usually the other way round isn't it ) and it also had to go with our last name so my poor boy got the initials R.E.G so we do call him reggie for short ( i know cruel )
    My DS #1 has his fathers first name as his middle name
    MY DD has her nana's middle name as her middle name

Riley has his dad's name as his middle name. Dh and his sister don't have middle names but I insisted on them LOL. Jess has my middle name, which was mum's too and Erin has Kate just cause we liked it which has annoyed her cause she wanted Elizabeth like Jess and I. thank goodness my lovely brother and sil named their baby Natalie Kate so she and Erin both have the same middle name which made Erin's day.

Sara- Sizzler?????? We don't have any in NSW anymore, or the one in Canberra we used to go to. Lucky you- I miss the cheese toast!
    Leanne- hope Kaitlyn is feeling better, you are really having a tough time atm. Paying for childcare when they are sick is annoying isn't it. I have to pay in the school holidays when I am not using it too but I guess its not fair on the FDC lady to miss out on money cause I am off work cause I get paid in the holidays.

Darc doesn't have a middle name. I don't either. If we have a boy Cam insists it have his middle name cos his dad has it. I know lots of people do it, but I don't want to handed down names on my kids (prolly cos I'm not a huge fan of FIL), and besdies what about my Dad? I hope we only have girls. Cam picked her name (I think). I wasn't so sure cos I thought it was a boys name too, but it suits her now.

Sara I like Campbell too. And Nat I think that's a nice name. I agree with Tania, sounds like a designer label.

Christine there are two Sizzlers left in Sydney, hang on I'll look the other one up. One's in Campbelltown....nope three, Carramar and St George. You can get that bread in the frozen section of the supermarket.

I have to agree with Shazz Tania.....have you got anything to tell us????? hmmmmm? Hope MIL got back ok.

How cool are your classes Nat? sounds really fun. I got a big pack of sb stuff today from the USA. I paid $30 in a clearance sale and got HEAPS. Very exciting, don't know when I get around to using it though lol.

Well we've had about 11 seasons in one day here. My washing's been on the line 3 days cos I'm just never around at the right time. Spose I better go and do a tidy while the dragon's finally at rest.

Sheree has sent me an email, so I'll copy and paste it :
    Well everyone here we are in the big smoke of Tieri.

We have been here for four weeks now and been running the newsagency for the last 3 and a bit weeks. A very hot place to say the least but it appears we have brought the rain with us which is so good for the temperatures.

Nana and Poppy (Mcleod) have been here for the last 3 weeks and we were so sad to see them leave on the Saturday just gone. Now we have to juggle business/house and baby and lets just say it has been a very big challenge. But I am sure with time it will get easier but at the moment we don't know whether we are arthur or martha, my whole day revolves around feeding Lachlan and bringing him home for a sleep, so I don't feel that I am contributing much now.

Lachlan on the other hand has been such a better baby now he is of age. He is 9mths old tomorrow, and started crawling just when we got here at 8mths which was such bad timing. Unpacking and crawling babies just don't mix! He is pulling himself up on everything and we have put a bet on that he will be walking by 10/11mths. You would think being more active that he would sleep more during the day, but nope he just has far too much too do, WHY SLEEP??? But I really don't care about his sleeping during the day as long as he sleeps through at night and he has been for a couple of months now - FINALLY!!! But of late he has been waking crying and we gathered it was his teeth and yep sure enough yesterday there is a sharp edge. A tooth that you can't really see but boy is it sharp. So yes it is finally teething. Not that I really wanted to hurry it along though really we have had our fair share of feeding problems and teething can bring them on again. As for his feeding he is sooo much better. His bottle feeding is super, never thought I would see the day where he reguarly polishes off 160ml bottles, but his solids are still hard at times, but definitely still a big improvement there too. Hopefully when we cut out another bottle at 10mths he will be more hungry for solids. So for now I am not stressing he is drinking better and that is something in my eyes. He is so interactive now, and easily plays and amuses himself which is great until you turn your head and he is in the bin or at the toilet. I dread when he is walking!!! Lachlan has had his 2nd haircut already and he looks so CUTE!!!!

Wade is well and is working very long hours to get ontop of things and me well I was before Nana and Poppy left but now I struggle for the time to put in with a child, but we will get there. I just got the flu to make matters worse, 18mths without getting sick, why now! It is always the way.

Anyway I will attach a few pictures of Lachlan, enjoy and will catch up soon.

Love
    Sheree, Wade and Lachlan
    xoxo

Hello,

I did a big post before and it seems lost, so not happy, as I even managed personals for the first time in ages.

Having the worst week. I arranged for my mum to look after Katy today so I could go to work. Well that fell in a big heap. When I went to get her out of the car at mum's I must have twisted my back the wrong way, and 'did it on'. Bluddy hurts. I can't remember this much pain - except labour of course.
    So mum ended up looking after BOTH of us today, and I drove myself home at about 6ish. FAR OUT. What next.

On a higher note, Kaitlyn's top right middle tooth has finally decided to break through!. All we need is the top left and all is good (for the time being!). She still does not have an appetite, but at least the pooh's are gone for the moment. Loves eating kids jelly .... and bananas.

I also ended up getting the pooh stain off the carpet with some of the britex carpet cleaner mix left over from when we cleaned the carpets. Nat, it works well - if you want me to send you some (?!!?) Also got the milo stain out too - but that's another story...

My MIL and FIL are coming to stay tomorrow night for a few days, so I best go and try and clean a few things up. The house is a mess, and so is my body....

Will try and redo the personals for tomorrow.
    See yous.

Oh Leanne that's awful!
    Hehehe was just having a think about that Britex stuff....is that white powder? Probably not a good idea to post that

LOL Kim - nah its in liquid form. It would be my luck. Coppers at work, that would be a good site! At least I would be near lawyers!

Christine, I loved your ticker, hope you don't mind....

That's fine it suits her Kim! I must put a new picture of Riley in his, the one he has now is November! Think i am getting a sore throat- not happy! i think it might be cause my class insist on cuddling and kissing me all the time, 23 other children's germs are probably more than my immune system can cope with.
    Jess had a great time at the regatta centre last week and her team did the triathlon in under 60 minutes- 400m swim, 15km bike ride and 4 km run(she did the run part) Its so funny having a sporty child cause I am the world's most unsporty person LOL. My friends from high school laugh themselves silly when they hear about her sporting achievements and say she's not mine!!
    Thank goodness tomorrow is my day off, I am exhausted.
    More in the morning after the 2 big ones go to school.

Morning girls!

Just thought i would jump on quickly while i am on the computer at uni. Just here in the library trying to print a million and one things off. My computer has run out of ink and i need to print of a 76 page document!!!!

I am going ok. Brent left yesterday. Was'nt emotional at the time but i am really missing him already. Always the way!

Uni is hectic. Today was my last lecture for the week. I am going to go shopping with Briley shortly then we are going home. I am not planning on coming back into town till next week now. I am going to be so lonely. I hope some of you will be online to talk to me!

Briley is going ok. She has really gone off her food since yesterday. We went into mums work yesterday and she had a big lunch there. Then lastnight we tried to give her dinner and she was'nt really interested. She ate enough for me to be statisfied with and then had a bottle at bed time. I have just called mum and she said that Briley would'nt eat breakfast or have a bottle. I am not sure whats going on. Its not too hot at the moment so it can't be that. Maybe some teefy's are on their way!!!

Briley is not quite crawling but is pulling herself up onto everything. Especially the windows at home. She loves to look out at the and look for the chooks and dogs!!! She is trying to crawl. Lastnight she lifted her knees and moved forward a little bit but then flopped down onto her belly. Wont be long though!

Anyhoo...this has turned into a short novel!

Great to hear from you Kellee!!! Good to hear things are going well for you! Same with you Sheree.

Have a great day ladies...

BBL

Ages ago I took the matress protector off Darcy's bed cos she was so hot and it was making her sweat too much.....well aren't I glad I paid the extra money and got the mattress with the cover that came off ofr washing??? Darcy did the hugest spew this morning. It covered the entire bed. It was all over her too. And the poo! Yuk. I stripped her and the bed and then we got into the shower. She NEVER chucks - ever. She's very clingy today and has just put herself to sleep, so I'm guessing she's just picked up a bug too.

I'll be around Sara, I'm partnerless too.

Speaking of Partners. mine is doing the anti terrorist driving course atm - he LOVES it. It's for dignitry protection type stuff. He's driving so hard that his upper and lower body is sore from turning the wheel so hard and fast. They had to reverse in slalom yesterday at 80kmh!!! Who does that? he gets back for a few days this arvie, so I bet I hear all about it - woohoo....

For those of you who live near a Kmart, they have jammies for about $5 atm, going to get some later.

Whoo hoo I’m glad that everyone seems to like Charlotte / Charli Kae. Its growing on me so at least if we can’t agree on any other girls names we have one we both like LOL.

Emerson’s middle name is after his father’s middle name and if we have a girl she will have my middle name. Subsequent children… I’m not sure but it will have to some sort of family name I think considering the first two would have our middle names. I’d want to avoid something like your situation with Erin Christine. I can just imagine it. My mum is still upset 45 years on because her sisters are Ann and Dianne and she wanted to be Julieanne. Not middle names but you get my point lol!

Christine I need a new pic of Em as well. The photo in my ticker is from October hehe! Glad to hear that Jess had a great time as well.

Kim That SB stuff sounds great! I never have time for SB now. Though I do have a SB night tomorrow night. I have to take Em with me though so I probably won’t get much SB done! Thanks for copying and pasting that email. Its great to know she’s doing so well. I can’t wait till she’s settled enough to start posting again!

Leanne Grrrrr to loosing that post! It always happens when it’s a big post too! YAY for Katy’s toothy pegs coming through! Thanks for the tip with the pooh lol. What colour are your carpets? Mine are cream hehe so it stands out nice and easy! I will try the vax this weekend and if it doesn’t work I’ll let you know. Thanks hun.

Tania
    Grrr to your friend stealing the name Kaitlyn Skye!! Its great to hear updates bout Sheree thanks! I don’t get too hungry in lectures but I tend to make sure I eat before and I’ve got a drink in with me. Do you have something to tell us sweety?!!? I would love to be celebrating a #2 for you hehe!?!?

Hi to Shazz, Elissa, Kellee and anyone else I may have missed!

I’m giving myself till 2 and then I have to start studying. I wasted half the day at Em’s swimming lessons – well not wasted but ykwim. I’ve changed them now so they’re on Fridays when he’s not at CC. Mind you they’re at 8.30 I hate being up that early in the morning hehe! Was absolutely shattered last night but I’ve recovered well. Yesterday I started Educational Psychology. It looks as though its going to be really interesting!

I was so proud of Em at swimming lessons today. He was actually swimming!! He had floaties on but was swimming around by himself after toys lol. It was so cute to his little arms and legs going – the teacher is really impressed with him and says he’s great for his age! *places proud mum sticker on her chest lol* He’s also really close to jumping into the pool from sitting position by himself. Very cute!! I love doing the swimming lessons with him. They’re expensive but we both have heaps of fun!

Well I have 16 minutes and a few phone calls to make before I have to start studying lol. I will pop back in later I’m sure!! Have a great afternoon girls!

Ooops I missed those last two posts somehow!!

Sara
    I’m sure you’ll be fine! With uni it seems as though you jam so much into a few days or months and then there’s nothing LOL. Sometimes it doesn’t make sense at all! I hope it is teeth for Briley and not a cold or anything. Sounds as though she’ll be crawling soon!!

Kim The course sounds great! I’m glad he enjoyed it! That chuck and vomit sounds charming. I hope it was a once off and she hasn’t got a bug

Last edited by Lea13; March 1st, 2007 at 01:19 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast