Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #23

Good morning girls.
    Nat- i hope today dawns nice and happy for you and Em is an angel all day. I know those days, its so annoying cause everything seems to go wrong all day. Lucky you going to scrapbooking though, I haven't been for ages, I am soooooo behind, Erin's album is still barely started and Riley isn't at all LOL. A friend and I were creative memories consultants for a while so I have heaps of stuff in the garage just not the time or the motivation.
    Sara- FOR GOOD???????? OMG thats heavy stuff, can I be rude and ask why? That would put a huge strain on the strongest of relationships, has he really thought it through? Sorry if I'm butting in when it none of my business but I worry for you.
    Shazz- I hope Ryan forgets he wakes up during the night again and sleeps through. Then Iam sending Riley to your house to see how its done LOL. Riley had a spectacularly bad night last night and woke at 12, 2, 3.30, 4.30. 6 and got up at 7.30. All this aftr not goig to bed until 10.30pm NOT HAPPY JAN!!!
    I think its going to be humid again today, yuk. Iam trying to budgt atm so Iam not going to tempt myself by going shopping!May just stay home and do school work.

Morning Girls!

Nat - Fingers crossed for a more lucky day today!!

Tania - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you were about to say you got a BFP!!! I was about to have a heart attack!! Never mind, it will happen when its meant to!

Christine - Well, to cut a long story short - They are currently caretaking a caravan park in Blackwater and investors brought it and everyone has to be out so they can build miners quarters. They have to be out by April. Olwyn (brent's mum) wants to travel round caretaking caravan parks but Ronnie (brent's dad) is PITA and does'nt want to. So part of the reason they are coming up here is cause Brent constantly tells them too and cause Ronnie wants to work and earn big money. So yeah.

I kinda want them to cause it will be good to have someone help take care of the place (they were once farmers) and Olwyn will be able to look after Briley and the new baby while i am at uni. We have 5 acres with over 100 mango trees and a sh*t load of other fruits and Ronnie is pretty cluey and if he takes care of it all we will be able to rake in a good profit this year from the fruit. So its a win lose kinda situation.

I don't mind if they stay, so long as they are do on the flat in the bottom paddock which is about 300m from the house. They are bringing a caravan up so we'd just have to run a lead down to give them power and there is already water down there. But no! Brent reckons they are going to be near the granny flat which is about 10m from the house!!!! I like my privacy. I like to be able to cruise round in the nude a lot (sorry if TMI) but i won't be able to if they are right there!!!

So yeah. Thats the reason. Sorry it turned into a novel!!!

Well Briley and I are about to head into town for the day. I have to get some ink for my printer, get a new dummy for Briley and a few other little things. Mostly i want to get out of the house for the day. I think we are meeting my sister too.

Oh and before i forget to ask, Is anyone giving their bubs cheese?? When did you start??? I have been giving Briley cheese sticks for about a week now. She loves them but i was'nt sure wether it was too early or not! I have to buy a book and what they can and can't eat.

Anyhoo....hope you are all well.

BBL

Sara- at least they won't be in your house, I guess we need to look at the positives, built in babysitters at least! Wow all those mango trees, my mum would've loved that, she loved mangos, actually so do Erin and my dad- I don't like them at all. When we lived in Darwin there were heaps of people with trees so they would bring them into school to share.
    The clinic sister told me the other day to give Riley cheese sticks and even start putting cows milk in some of his food (like mashed potatoes) to see how he went with uncoooked milk. He has thrown up yoghurt every time I have given it to him but the girls were eating it regularly by this age.
    BTW Congratualtions on walking Emerson!!
    Hope everyone has a lovely saturday.

Hmmmm I think I was in a really bad mood yesterday LOL. I mean I didnít even enjoy shopping haha! There must have been something wrong with me!! Iíve had a hell of a morning as well. I seriously Iím not going to be up for any mother of the year awards lol. I have a TV in the study on the filing cabinet and normally my scrapbooking stuff is in the bottom drawer. Well that drawer was obviously empty as I took it all out last night. The empty draw made the whole cabinet wobbly and it only took a naughty little boy to start playing with it for the TV and cabinet to come crashing down on him!!!!!! I was horrified. Thankfully he is okay and only has a scratch and bump on his head but man was I scared. We rearranged the study though so the TV is up on the desk and will never fall again!!! So now he has a bump and scratch on his head and a lovely red bruise over the bridge of his nose!

Sara I havenít tried Em on cheese because of his lactose intolerance. I wish I could though because the poor little buggar is missing out! I love cheese!

Vic Yep I am happy I donít have to study for an exam. But at the same time I will be flat out for the next few weeks. And yes I was terribly grumpy hey! YAY for the new microwave. I couldnít live without mine and wouldnít even attempt to lol.

Christine I quickly checked out that website and it looks great. I will look more at it soon! Thanks I am trying to budget as well so Iím staying home ALL day hehe! Easier to resist the sales that way! Thanks for the congrats Ė I was pretty impressed after the screaming died down. I thought he would be slow and steady with starting to walk but it seems he gets excited and just goes. Heís down a few more times today though he barely takes a step and goes flying. I can see its gonna be fun with him learning how to walkÖ. I can already see the bruises!!

Shazz Buggar about getting up to Ryan twice! Hopefully it was just an unsettled night for him and heíll go back to sleeping through. Disrupted sleep sucks!

Sara I am a .75 load. So classified FT but only doing 3 courses. My first assignment is due on the 27th! Your ILís coming actually doesnít sound too bad now that youíve explained it. I like the part where they live in their caravan away from the house Not that Iím cruel or anything but my privacy is so important to me and Iíd hate to feel like I had Ďguestsí in my own home permanently. It would be great to have something to help out on the farm and with the kids though especially with Brent being away for work now. Enjoy your trip into town.

Tania Buggar about getting AF! A BFP would have been great lol. Did Jayden stay asleep all night?

Em is asleep and Iím just catching up on some posts and then will probably study again. I am going to sound like a broken record soon enough hehe! We have an engagement party tonight which should be alright. Have a great Saturday girls!

afternoon all
    No such luck Ryan has decide he didn't like me being asleep at all and spent 90% of last night up oh the joys even with the air con cranked up to high speed it was an uncomfortable sleep for us all even the older 2 were up at 2 am i could have knocked them all on the head but i got through work and now i'm praying for a better night tonight

Yay on the walking Em
    Last edited by Lea13; March 3rd, 2007 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Double Post

where are you all i'm so bored ........

Sorry Shazz, I am here now! Erin had a friend over to sleep but the friend panicked at 7.30 so I had to drive her home! This is the 2nd time (the first was 2 yrs ago) we have had to take her home. Apparantly she's only had one successful sleepover so far.
    Riley has 3 naps today of 40 minutes each NOT happy! I am hoping he sleeps better tonight cause I have a splitting headache and sore throat.
    Its still hot here, we have the aircon on but its only in one room downstairs so our bedrooms will be hot still.
    I must get onto msn so I can talk to you guys, do we have to spell badly like Jess and her friends do??? I can't understand what she is saying in the 2 seconds I get to look at her typing before she hides it from me LOL. I feel old!! Jess asked today if she could go to Mardi Gras with some friends WTF?????? Hello you're 15!!! She wasn't surprised when I said no LOL.
    Hope you found something to do Shazz since we had all abandoned you.

Evening ladies,

I was bored too Shazz but no-one was round! I ended up taking Briley out in the yard for a while. She likes it when i do that. Plus i normally get distracted and it makes time go quicker.

Christine - Yeah that is the up side of the situation! That they wont be in my house!

When we went into town today i thought about getting Briley's ears peirced. Has anyone else with girls thought about that??? Mum has been asking me for ages when i am going to get them done but i just can't. I don't want to put her through the pain. I did a test by pinching her ear lobe a little hard and seeing how she reacted. Well.....she looked at me, then my sister and then my brother and back at me and started screaming!!! I thought i can't do it to her. Her gums are playing up at the moment too so i did'nt want her to have sore gums and ears!!! I should have got it done when she was only a few weeks old!

Oh and i also forgot to tell you's that i got Briley's photos back!!! They are pretty good. I got 12 photos all up and its only going to cost $250!!!! I thought it would be way more. I know your not allowed to but i am going to try and scan them and put them on her webpage. I will let you all know when i go so you can have a squizzy!

Well Briley is sound asleep. She has been changing her bedtime the last few days. I think she might be trying to cut out her afternoon nap too. Is this normal??? I mean she still likes to have a 20min nap but its was like a couple of hours. An hour at least. So cause of this she has been going to bed earlier. Her normal bedtime is 8pm and she has been going down at 7-7.30ish. I don't mind, i just did'nt think she would do that at her age.

I don't think crawling is far off at all. She is moving about so much now. She can sit up without a hitch and is trying to do the half stand/half crawl thingy IYKWIM. I think she will definetely be crawling by the time Brent gets back. Sad that he will miss it but nevermind.

Speaking of Brent, he got to call me lastnight. There are no phonelines out there yet. Cause its a new mine nothing is really established as yet. I was a bit dissappointed that i was'nt going to be able to speak to him everyday but thats how it is i suppose. He said he is liking it. Its really hot though. His donga has an ensuite with AUSTAR!!!! And the food is beautiful. I thought he's not going to want to come back! I think he is missing us cause when we were ending our call he told me he loves me quite a few times. Something he has'nt done in ages. The call cheered me up big time cause i really did'nt expect it. Even though it was short cause he was on the satillite phone it was good to hear his voice. Really good.

Well this has turned into a giant post!!! Sorry girls. Just needed to talk i suppose.

Sara- so glad Brent called, happy he said he loves you too! How funny seeing the word "donga"- when my dad worked at Stony Point (out of Whyalla SA) he lived in a donga too. Where is Brent's mine? My cousin and his wife lived in Middlemount QLD for 3 years when Pete worked in a mine there. His wife had to go to Rockhampton to have a baby. (this was 8 years ago) Now he works in a mine in the Hunter valley.
    I remember when Daniel was in the army and went out bush how exciting it would be to get an unexpected phone call. I am so glad he doesn't go away anymore.

Christine - The mine is called Lady Annie. Its is about 180km north west of Mt Isa.

I used to live in Rocky. We have family there and have been going there all our lives. I love the place. Real country feel to it!

Boy that is the back of beyond!! We drove through that way going to Darwin when we moved there.
    Erin had her ears pierced 6 weeks ago, she cried heaps!!!! Changing the earrings for the first time last week was a drama too, I couldn't imagine doing it to a baby but maybe they'd be less of a drama queen than Erin.

Yeah well i was 5 weeks when I had mine done so i think that kinda why mums was asking me when i was going to get Briley done. I want to get them done i just dont want to hurt her. Needles she has to have. Ear peircing are a want not a need. I just can't stand to see her hurting. I bawled enough when she had her needles!!!

Jess had hers done at 7 too and cried heaps and she isn't a drama queen, I felt like such a b#tch putting her through it and she was the one who wanted it done. Babies at least can't keep telling you how much it hurt, for days afterwards LOL.
    Riley is still up its 9.20pm, he has had shocking sleeps today so I am hoping for better tonight. The FDC lady said he seems like he is nearly ready for 1 daytime sleep, its usually at about 1 they go to one sleep (i had forgotten how old they are )

I know exactly how you feel!

Well i am off to bed i think. My show "Most Haunted" is on at the moment so i might go and watch the rest of it and hit the hay!

Great talking to you Christine.

Ni night!

Nighty night Sara, just got Riley to bed so i think I will go too. Have a good sleep.

Oh I missed the chat because Cooper decided he doesnt like his cot tonight, so he is sound asleep on our bed. I worry about him on there though, might try and move him back to his cot later. I'm sort of glued to the lounge so i can see him

Sorry we missed you Alison. Did you enjoy your day off? My program is due this week and I still have heaps to do, when is yours due?
    Riley woke up 3 times during the night and then decided to get up at 6am so we are in the loungeroom by ourselves while everyone else is asleep. I am sure no one else will be in on BB for ages either, lucky things being asleep LOL

nope christine i'm up and off to work in a sec hope he has a sleep for you today so you can get a nap in

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast