Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #24

I'm exactly the same weight at the end of the challenge too....only the stupid thing is, mine finished a week ago, and this week I've lost a kilo

OK got a bit of a BF dilemma. I should probably put this on the main forum, but I'm a bit shy....
    Darcy has 3 feeds a day, early mroning, lunchish and before bed. The morning one's really good, but for the other 2 she's like the acrobat child and off on off on. I'm really worried I'm not making enough milk for her, as when I leave EBM when I work, she gulps it down and then sleeps all night. She's still eager. As soon as I undo the clasp on my bra she's all excited, so I don't think she's rejecting me. I get less and less out when I pump too. I'm worried I might have to stop feeding her. I really don't want to go to formula only 6 weeks before she turns 1 though.
    Here's my questions...
    1. How many feeds should she be having (My MCHN wasn't there this week to ask)?
    2. If I drop one will my milk supply drop off altogether?
    3. Would it be OK to just give her a bottle of milk at night?
    4. At what age do they no longer need a bottle before bed?
    5. At what age to they no longer need feeds as well as food?

Might post this on the bf forum as well......
    Sorry for all the questions, but I trust you guys.

I think at this age they are supposed to be on 4 feeds per day and the feeds should only take about 5 minutes -10 minutes according to the MCHN who came to me. Riley has very short feeds during the day but makes up for it during he night LOL. I found out I wasn't giving him enough solids, the nurse said at least a cup full each meal and include carbs in them and dessert at dinner plus snacks.
    Jess was still having a bedtime bottle at 2 1/2 but that was cause she had a bottle, Erin went from bf to cups of cows milk at 13 months and just had milk with dinner.
    I would perservere at this stage as its not long til she can have cows milk and it seems a shame to put her on formula for a month or so. The ABA website is quite good for info too.

Cheers Christine, forgot all about that one. I am trying to persevere, but it just seems to be getting worse. I'm not ready to give up and she's not either, but I feel like I'm failing her.

You aren't failing her Kim, she is still happy to feed which is great and she is happy and healthy. Maybe feed a bit more often over the weekend if you feel your supply is low.
    I have been referred to tresillian- I rang today and have to call on the 2nd April for a booking interview, it must be a long wait to get in if its that long to wait to talk to them! I am really nervous about going and Erin had a fit when i told her about it. I just wish he would suddenly sleep through the night (or even just wake up once) and then it wouldn't be a problem. Its really depressing me.

It took them 2 weeks to call me back at all. I was really nervous too. So nervous I cancelled the whole booking. But that had a lot to do with the whole PND and anxiety issues. Why did Erin have a fit? Is she worried about you going away? Is she worried what they'll do to RIley?
    I totally understand how you are feeling. It's so demoralising when you are up night after night after night. You only have to do what's right for you and Riley. The other three will be ok for a few days. Hang in there chickie.
    If you need to chat I'm happy to send you my phone number or meet up during the week.

Evening girls!

Bout to hit the hay so i thought i would jump on and post quickly.

Nat - IKWYM about just dropping the babies off and leaving. I try and hang around for 10-15 mins before i leave. Just to make sure Briley is settled ok. And for my sake too. I have just dropped her off and gone once and i felt like sh*t after i realised what i had done! But you have to do what you have to do hey!

Kim - Can't help you out in the BF department mate!! Wish i could though. Maybe in a few months time if your still there! Hope it all works out for the best!

Christine - Good luck with the tresillian!

I am so tired girls! Was up and down all night lastnight with the cough and then Briley woke up crying at 5.30am and would'nt go back to sleep. She kept on crying and chewing on her dummy so i rubbed on some sedagel but she kept waking up. So in the end i put her in bed with me too try and get a litle bit more sleep but she would'nt go back to sleep. She was playing with my nose and lips. I was so buggered i could'nt keep my eyes open!

Nothing much planned for the weekend. I have to get in and finish my assignment cause its due on wednesday. I will be able to finish it though. If Briley lets me that is!

Anyways...hope you are all well. I am so tired!

Ni night ladies!

Kim- Erin freaked cause I'd be away too long and what would she do if Daddy got really mean? (DH has a foul temper and can get pretty horrible) She is a mummy's girl and hasn't been away from me for more than 3 days/2 nights before.
    My PND isn't improved by the lack of sleep either and I am getting really vague too.
    Got to go to bed now, or at least give R. some bonjela he is crying.

Hey Girls

I thought it was time I took 5 mins (or half an hour lol) to catch up on some personals. I feel terribly neglectful lately lol though I think Iíve spread myself too thin TBH. I am working around 15 hours a week for the next two weeks and I have 4 assignments due as well arghhh!! I will be fine Iím sure but I wonít be around much though!

On a general note the party thing is sorted. Iím having a small party for friends and will do something separate with family. Much easier and my mum is happy with it too Ė even though it was the original plan lolÖ crazy stuff! I will have to get to work on organizing that as well. Hopefully the weather is alright as it will have to be outside. Any one have any suggestions for party games? Weíll have pass the parcel. Muscial chairs is out because I donít have enough chairs lol. I want some games to entertain the older kids. Thereíll be a range from 1 through to 6 or 7.

Oh and Em has cut his 2nd tooth YAY! Its right next to the other one! Mind you they have both cut and are just sort of sitting there. I suppose it will take a good few weeks for them to come all the way through! Iím so looking forward to that first toothy grin photo!

Shazz
    ~ I hope that ankle of yours is okay!

Christine ~ THANK YOU SO MUCH for the games! I really appreciate it and they are fantastic! I didnít realize Riley was still that bad I hope tresillan helps you out.

Jodie ~ I hope Yarivís drive went well!

Sara ~ I hope you are feeling better soon hun. Sorry my step-dad was using the internet before which is why I didnít reply! I hope youíre doing alright by yourself sweety.

Tania ~ The indulgence party sounds fantastic!!! Em really needs a hair cut now but Iím too afraid heíll look grown up once he has it! It must be done though as he is starting to get a mullet pmsl! How on earth will I get him to sit still long enough?

Leanne ~ Eeek at the blood!! The poor little thing! Have I said before how gorgeous your ticker photo is? She is so cute in it! Em goes through phases where heís not fussed with me either Ė loves everyone else but me lol!

Vic ~ G is getting the Little People set and I ended up getting a Winnie the Pooh interactive thing that says Emís name and stuff. I also got this cube thing from Imaginerium which was exactly what I was after with all the old fashioned bead stuff and a xylophone. So Iím pretty happy and I canít wait to give it to him!!! OMG @ that horror party as well! I hope you're having fun on your holiday!

Kim ~ Grrr at getting mucked about with the costings. How annoying!!! At least you got extra chocolate though lol. Pmsl @ you beign sick of entertaining 2!!! That is really good you are starting to have some ďyouĒ time as well. I hope you get some help with the BF dilemma Ė I wish I could help you there.

Well I think that is it girls. What a massive postÖ.

Nat you be careful you don't burn out hon. I haven't even thought of planning Darcy's party. The thought fills me with dread.

Sara is the cough mixture helping? You sound terrible.

Christine Darcy eats nowhere near 1cup of food at a time. I've tried upping what she eats but she just won't eat the extra.

I took Darcy to a play gym yesterday. Under 1s get in for nothing so that was cool. She played and played for about 45 minutes. Gave the climbing skill a workout. Funny thing is, once she gets to the top she wants me to put her in the ground....

Darcy only sleeps for maybe an hour at a time duing the day. When to they drop to one sleep?

They all drop sleeps at different times/ages but usually around 1 they start having one long sleep. Riley still has 2 daytime sleeps of 1-2 hours each.
    I haven't tried Riley at a play place yet (probably cause he only started crawling this week LOL) Erin would probably love to go in with him. I don't know if our local one is free for Riley, they are pretty expensive and won't let you bring in any of your own food or drinks.
    Nat- you are welcome for the drama games, do you need anything else? Try to get some rest won't you.
    Sara- how is your cough? Your life sounds as exhausting as Nat's!
    Leanne- hope you get some rest this weekend, working full time with a baby is sooo tiring I know, I went back ft when Jess was 7 months and it nearly killed me.
    Shazz- hope everything is well with you, Ryan looks so cute on your ticker, I bet his older siblings adore him. I am finding that Riley adores Erin atm and thinks she is so funny. He loves Jess but sees her more as another adult I think.
    Have a lovely saturday everyone.

Morning girls!!

Feeling a whole lots better today! Still got the cough but the mixture is definetely helping. I was hoping for a sleep in but Briley woke up early thismorning crying again so i put her in bed with me. She did sleep for a while but woke up at about 6am and would'nt go back too sleep! I was so looking forward to a sleep in!

So thismorning i have been up since 6.30am and i have been cleaning! I got up and made a small start too my assignment while i was giving breakfast to Briley and i have been on a cleaning mission since. I have vacumed and mopped the whole house! Iam sick of relying on everyone else to help me out with that so i did it myself. My back has never been the same after being pregnant with Briley and when i vacumn i amost can't walk afterwards. I thought i was going to be alright today but its starting to get really sore now. At least my house is clean though!

I still have to clean the bath out and do a few other odd jobs around the place. Then this arvo its all about my assignment!!

Nat - Nah your right mate! I forget to show my MSN as away sometimes! Sorry if i have'nt been paying attention, but are you planning Em's b'day party already??? I was thinking the exact same thing lastnight!! Briley is going to be 10 months in a couple of weeks and that will make it 2 months to her 1'st birthday!!! That is really, really scary!! I will probably have to send out the invitation and stuff when she is around 10 1/2 months. OMG!!! I can't believe i am having this conversation!!! ARRGHHHH!!!!

Kim - Play gym sounds like fun. I was thinking about taking Briley to something like that here. We have a Freckles Fun Factory and a Maize Mania but thats it i think. Don't really know about the age thingy though! Surely they would have an area for babies her age.

Oh and on the sleep question with Darcy. Briley has dropped to only 1 sleep a day now. She has been like that for a month or so now. Sometimes when her gums and ears a aching i think she likes to have that extra sleep. She does go to bed an hour earlier now since dropping the afternoon sleep though. I thought it was odd for a baby her age too but maybe not!

Christine - Yes life is pretty hectic at the moment. I was telling my mum about some ulcers that are coming up under my tongue yesterday and she even said it's probably from stress. I don't think it would be all so stressful if i lived closer to town. Its the running around that pi**es me off the most. I dont know if you have ever been to Townsville but it is a VERY spread out place. It takes 30-40 mins to get from 1 half of the town to the other!!! Now that we have a motor way, i just take that and it does'nt take as long.

Briley has been asleep for an hour or so now and probably will be for another half hour hopefully! So i better get and finish what i need to do before she wakes up!

Hope you are all well! Have a great day!

Hi everyone.

Just back from voting. It was so hot and I am glad I put Katy in the pram cause I had to wait in line for like 3/4 hour. Far out.... But it's done and that's the main thing.

We got a little sleep in today until 8 so I was very happy about that. DH off at work this weekend so it's just the girls at home. Lots to do though, but I am just taking today to rest and it can wait until tomorrow.

Hay does anyone know if grinding teeth is normal in babies? Katy now has two top (as of last week) and two bottom and she is forever rubbing them together. It sounds shocking. Do you think she could just be exploring and wondering "what are these things in my little mouth"?.

Personals . . . . now where do I start

Sara ~ glad to hear that the cough mixture is helping. There’s nothing worse then feeling like pooh…. Esp if you are expecting, and you’re a mummy too, and studying. Far out. You look after yourself kiddo.

Kim ~ Which play gym did you take Darcy to? I would love to take Katy to one of those. Perhaps we could arrange to go together before their birthdays. That’s if you want to.

Giving Darcy to Cam is so not selfish hon. You need YOUR time. I did not realise just how much until I went back to work and brought her to school every day. I now feel so much better about myself. I miss her like crazy though.

Have you thought about maybe putting her in for a couple of hours on a day, just to give you a little break. Kaitlyn loves it. I brought home one of her paintings yesterday. So cute. Can’t wait to hang it on my wall at work.

Regarding feeds. Kaitlyn’s gone weird. Sometimes she has four bottles, sometimes three and sometimes I get her home from ‘school’ and she’s only had ľ of each one. She’s still happy though. I maybe try what Christine said re trying more on the weekend to keep your supply up. That’s all I can help you with unfortunately – Katy’s a Karicare Kid……

Christine ~ I love Riley’s picture on his ticker. Such a cutie – and such a little boy.
    I hope all goes well with Tresillian. If you want to contact me via email or phone let me know. I am also on MSN. I’m here if you need to talk hon.

Shazz ~ Oh I love chocolate bullets. We very rarely buy chockies here cause I am the type that would keep eating until it is all gone. My DH has a hiding spot for his ‘treats’ cause he knows if I find them that’s the end of it. I don’t have much self control when it comes to sweets.

Nat ~ I know what you mean about dropping and running too…. But I don’t think my daughter even knows who I am anymore. I put her on the mat near her favourite toy and she waves at me and says what sounds like ‘bye!’, as if to say, ‘off you go then mum’. You’re a busy little one too aren’t you. Don’t wear yourself out now will you?

Thanks for the comment re Katy’s ticker. She’s changed a heap since that piccie was taken, but I can’t seem to get one just as cute… will stay for a little longer!!

Shazz ~ How’s the ankle…?

Jodie ~ How’s things. Still listening to Michael Buble..? I luuurrrvvve him…. That and U2, can’t beat Bono.

Hallo to everyone else …. I know I have forgotten more than one. Sorry.

I wish I could come and have a cuppa with you girls. Would love to meet in person.

Till next time

Hey Leanne! I plan to take her every week or so now, so you let me know what Saturday/Sunday you are free, and we'll be there!

Does anyone else suffer from interminable dagginess??? I have an engagement party to go to tonight, and there will be 2 girls there that just plain make me nervous. Don't know why. I just never look right compared to everyone else.....

Kim you always look lovely and I mean it. Go to the party wearing what you feel your best in. You'll have a fabbo time.

I'll wait until I get Mark's roster for next month and we'll make a date.

Look forward to it.

Thanks hon

Kim I have terminal dagginess all the time now LOL I either look scruffy or like a teacher! I hate going places where there will be young thin girls LOL I am sure you will look gorgeous though, you are prob. a much nicer person than them anyway!

hi all
    Leanne ~ i'm shocking like that with sweets too but oh well thank goodness the weight loss challenge is over for now at least i'm joining a gym this week ( thats if it is not to expensive and the ankle is really starting to worry me actually i think i may have to go get it seen to but in the mean time i will soldier on i have till october to drop a few dress sizes before my school reunion
    i have a busy couple of weeks coming up
    i am really in two minds whether to bother with a party for Ryan or just cry all day cause my last baby isn't a baby anymore i had better hurry up and decide

Kim ~ i would be the daggist person i know
    Last edited by ~shazz~; March 24th, 2007 at 07:15 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast