Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #27

Jodie259 Guest

Hugs to you Kim... The seige made it onto the brief news here in Melbourne (10.30pm).... so glad your DH is okay. Must be terrifying. My bro is a copper, and I panic whenever something happens here in Melbourne. Although he's way out in the burbs... probably biggest highlight is picking up drunks.

Vic: Yep I had an emergency c/s with Shaun after 12 hours of excruitiating labour (with 2 epidurals). I'm "high risk" with my age etc... and my ob had no problem doing another c/s for me.

I'm still feeling like death. Still waiting on the stupid bank to get back to me.

Kim- anywhere without children sounds good to me right now! I have 1 not wanting to go to school cause her last contact lense broke and she will not be seen with glasses, and the next one has lost ONE shoe so is wandering around with one shoe on looking for the other one. I am working for 2 hours this morning too so I have to get out the door in the next 10 minutes. Vic- how do you do it with 4??????

Oooooh and massages and facials, and CHOCOLATE!

Hi there and good morning.

Anywhere with chocolate would be perfect for me

And of course anywhere that the sun is shining, there is food that will not put on any weight but tastes divine and you can relax or sleep or so whatever you want without any interruptions or stress etc.

Isn't that place called heaven?

Welll helllloooooo everyone.

Just popped on for a sec, had a couple of days off for a nice change, so finally feel a little sane again!

I miss you gals so much and I am so sorry for not being around for so long, but trust me...... I have been busier than you could ever imagine. Running business/house and child definitely takes its toll on me.

Just wanted to pop in and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the May bubbies and congrats to all the mummies for getting through the past 12mths. I am not sure how I survived, but I guess somehow you just do!!!!

Lachlan is better then ever. We arrived here in Tieri when he was 8mths and he immediately started crawling (due to the nice soft carpet in this house, beats tiles and wooden floors). The same day he started pulling himself up on everything. He confidently walks around everything at present and climbs. Boy does he climb. We have a high set house and yep I was under the house doing the laundry and out the window my child is climbing up the stairs, what tha.... What a little monkey. He climbs on the lounge and due to so many falls he actually backs off it quite well now (clever boy). He also gets up onto the side of the lounge and hangs off the side of it in order to play with the door handle, yep that's right the bloody door handle. I truely have a little monkey on my hangs.

Anyway he is finally in the last few days started to eat better then ever and with no hesitation, dropping these bottles has made the world of difference, he actually cries if I walk away with food. He got that vomitting and dirraeha bug about a week or two ago and since then has been doing the power vomits again, so dropped a bottle and have slowly tried to extend his tummy again and whalaaaa.... eating well again YAY!! and no vomits for 3 days running. Double YAY!!

So finally I don't have to fight him to eat anymore.

He has just cut his 5th tooth, by which has caused him some grief since we started teething just b4 9mths old. Some nights he can wake up crying 6-7 times a night. Very tiring!

This child does not sleep much I tell ya, we probably go down between 7.30pm and 8.30pm, sleep till 6.30am (on a good nite) and I give a bottle, we cuddle in bed and crossing my fingers most times he goes back to sleep with me for about an hour or more. But then he will only sleep 20mins max a day! I tell ya this child just does not sleep. The more active he gets the less he sleeps, I so hope walking tires him out more!

As for walking people say gee he is good walking around things and standing up, and he will walk soon, but I am not so sure, he does not weight bear in a room, does soemtimes and doesn't realise he is, but never takes a unsupported step in between things, it is more a mmmm... that is too far (like I am talking a metre if that), so he just bends his knees and drops to the ground. Far easier to crawl and boy is he quick! He enjoys walking with me holding his hand / hands, has a whale of a time, but I really don't think he will be walking for atleast another month or more yet, which suits me fine he is already into everything. I have not had time to really encourage him either in the walking dept.

I am guessing the temper tantrums are a phase they go through at this age. Gee he carries on when on the change table, in the car seat and in the high chair. Just hates being restricted!

He is rather constipated, so much so he pops out little hard pebbles, so we have started on some more meds (called parachoc), hoping it works soon, cause they are rock rock hard. Funny thing is, he is still pretty regular really considering, I think he is just getting use to pushing so hard atm.

He is a growing little boy of late with all this eating, we put on 360grams this last month which is great considering the last month was only 100grams. I am not as worried these days, he is very active and eating better then ever, we have still had our moments, but 70% of the time he eats well and that is a big achievement for us. So he is still small at a puny 8.24kgs, he still has these skinny arms and legs and this big etheopian belly, looks so funny! But he looks so healthy these days and is a reasonably happy kid considering all the problems he has had to endure.

He does athough, follow me around all day on the rare days I am home and whine and whinge at my feet and stand up holding my legs. I just can't amuse him enough these days and his toys are all so old hag! Bring on his birthday I say! My nextdoor neighbour looks after him alot and I just couldn't cope without her, of which the guilt sets in at times. But he is just so happy there too! She has kids and one of her sons is a couple of mths older then Lachlan. But she says she hardly has to look after then, they just amuse each other. He also goes to daycare a couple of days a week for 4 hours each stint. And yes we have endured 2 colds since we have been here, but as they say better to get sick now and build immunity. Dealing with colds and teef is so not nice for Mummy and Daddy thou.

Well that sums up all the happenings at this end.

Been real busy with the business, things are 10 times harder with a child and prooving quite challenging! I have been sick (flu wise) 3 times since I have been here due to being very run down. The business is going well but have endured many problems since coming here and we feel like we have run over a chinaman. Will go into detail another day, but things are starting to look up, but Wade and I have numerous arguements re: the time we spend together as a family. But I guess we will get there. I haven't read one magazine or paper since I have been here and Wade always seems to find time to do so, so I am screaming out for some me time at present, hence I have come on here to see my friends. Anyway will update you all on the happenings naother day should get to bed incase this monster wakes up soon. Bloody teef are the root of all evils I tell ya!

Hi to all and just wanted to tell you guys how much I have missed you all.

Love and kisses
    Sheree and Lachlan

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678