Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #27

Hey there ladies!

Ive had an alright day. Went for coffee with friends and then came straight home and did the housework and then spent the rest of the afternoon studying. Got what I wanted done which is good. Em didnt go to sleep till midnight last night. Hopefully tonight is better. Though I have handballed him to his Dad for the night LOL.

Vic ~ Oh what Id give to for you to do my homework for me hehe! I do understand though I have days where there are things I can be doing but its all so BORING!!!

Tania ~ Hmm Im not sure. You definitely have to have the birth certificate to actually set up an account in a childs name. If my mum or dad or ILs said theyd been putting aside money for Em I probably wouldnt be overly fussed TBH. If they tried to open an account for him that they want control over then Id be a bit peeved.

Leanne ~ $100 a week is really good. That is what I spend roughly and it is only Em and I and I get really cheap formula! As for the antidepressants I have no experience in this area but surely coming off them too early can be damaging. If you feel you cant cope then there is no need to look at stopping just yet. Have you spoken to your Dr about it?

Anyhoo just thought Id pop in and say hi. I think my boy missed me because he wont stay with his Daddy and keeps walking down to visit me in the study! I am off to do the dishes and maybe make that chocolate pudding I was craving last night!!!

Morning girls,

I'll come back for personals, just wanted to explain the bank acc thing.

I picked Jayden up from FDC last night and SIL#3 was there visiting. She said she doesn't want to buy Jayden a present for his bday as he will get million things already that he doesn't need (fair enough). She asked if I had a bank acc for him and I said no I haven't had a chance to open one etc, but I do have a sub acc within my acc that I put money in which is to go in his acc once I open one. She took it open herself to go to some Bank and ask what she can do. They told her she can open the acc (with his birth cert) and she can be the controller of that acc for him until he's 18 or 21, so she goes on about how so many people can put money in this account and others can give him presents (like a rotating roster) and I can present the account to him when he is 18 or 21!! Umm........Thanks for planning his life for me!!! I don't mind her giving money instead of presents but its not her child to plan and have control over his money! She doesn't want to give the money to me as its not my money! So yeah thats it and I am more and more peeved about it the more I think about it. Well at least she doesn't know where his birth cert is haha.

Have a great day girls.....I'll try to BBL with personals

Gee I'd be p#ssed off at that Tania, I sometimes spend money the kids have got for their b'days (when they were younger) on clothes or things that they needed not just toys. I would open an acct. yourself and say that YOU will put money in it and control it. In NSW the c'wealth bank has kids accts that they can bring to school once a week and bank through the school (not sure if you have it there) I don't like the bank but it is an easy way to save .

Tania I would certainly be miffed at that proposal. The only person that should be in control of your son's account is you!!! Oh and Chris pmsl. I think your SIL is quite rude actually.

Birthday money we were given we generally had to split and bank half and we got to spend half. We also had the Dollar savings thingo. Mind you we must not have managed it all that well because by the the time I was 15 I still had less then $200

I've set up an account for Emerson and it has over $500 in it already I just put a small amount of money away each week. I've just started putting more away in there as well to help with his education fees when he starts school.

I have night uni tonight which is a double as its our first day back. I have to run to the shops today to get a few things as well. I'm organizing some games for a friends baby shower on Saturday which should be fun.

I bought heaps of cloths for Emerson for his birthday and I only have 2 items left to actually wrap LOL Cause I keep dressing him in them because they're so cute I can't resist!!!

I got back a few photos from the photo shoot and one is in my ticker. Does anyone have a Flickr account? I have loaded 2 photos on there that I have got back so far but you have to be a member to see them.

Em's pants don't fit so well today as he's wearing a cloth nappy. So they only come up 3/4 way up the cloth nappy so he looks quite funny hehe.

I guess I better get moving instead of babbling on here! Will talk later I'm sure!

Hi girls!

Just letting you all know i am ok. Brents parents arrived on monday night and are staying in the computer room! This means i can't get on it when i want.

I am having major drama's with them moving in now. They were'nt meant too be staying in the house as they were meant too bring up a caravan and now they are staying in the house!! Argghhhhhhhhh.

Brent has left today to go back to work and i am here alone with them! HELP ME!!! I cried when he left thismorning for the first time since he's been flying out. I dont know wether i was crying cause i was being left with them or because i was intending on moving out while he was gone or because i did'nt want him to leave me. Or it might have been a mixture of all of them. I told him thismorning i was moving out and when i dropped him out he said "Look after yourself and don't do anything silly."

So yeah things are not looking too good at the moment. I am starting to feel really depressed. I feel more alone with them here than i do when i am really on my own. Silly i know!

Anyways girls, i have been so slack with personals lately. Its very selfish of me to come on here and talk all about myself and not do any peronals. I have so much going on in my life at the moment. Its so hard to keep up. I really am sorry!

Don't know when i will be on next cause they keep the door closed like they don't want me in here so yeah. I am only in here now cause they have gone into town. Might have to move the computer out i think. God knows where i'll put it!

I really hope you are all well! I do read all of your posts so i know where everyone is in their busy lives!!

Talk soon.

Love Sara!
    xxoo
    Last edited by Ilithyia; May 2nd, 2007 at 03:41 PM.

Firstly Sara - don't be sorry chickie - wish I could offer you something more than an ear ATM

Secondly Tania - She'd have to actually get access to his birth cert to open the account - you don't have to give her access to it. It is rude. What if (and no I am just surmising it could happen to us all) you guys broke up and his sister had access to your sons money - nope bad idea. The Dragon has nearly $2000 and there's no way my ILs are ever having access to it let alone controlling it!

Jodie259 Guest

Oh Sara... you're really having a rough time - and having the IL's in your house!! I'ld be packing my bags pronto! Brent's comment was a bit rude too. You know where I am if I can do anything...

Tania... I wouldn't mind people giving Shaun money - but there is no way I would want anyone else controlling his funds for 18 years! Bugger that!! As Christine suggested, I would open an account yourself - and tell your SIL she can deposit directly into that if she wants to give money. It's not her place to be controlling your childs money. I opened an account for Shaun when he was born (CBA dollarmites). It pays interest, yet has no fees and he can use it at school when he's older. I also want to teach him to save his pocket money - when he's old enough to earn some! Also, he has already earnt $85 from modelling (not that he did anything!) - so they pay by cheque made out to his name and it has to go into his account - to avoid any taxes. I guess you will have to open an account one day for Jayden - and YOU should be the one in control of it!!

Lea... I have a flickr account. Actually - I have four of them!!! I updated a few more photos of shaun last night. That photo of Em looks cute!

I am STILL waiting for word from the bank about how much they will loan us. God they are pathetic! He originally said he would get back to me last FRIDAY. I've phoned him every day, and now he says it 'should' be tomorrow. We have seen an absolutely beautiful house, in a nice area, that has 4 bedrooms & a study/office - 3 car garage - a swimming pool - & 3 living areas. And it's all completely renovated so nothing would need to be done. Apart from Yariv wiring it up to become a 'smart house'. He is so keen to do that! It's an auction - starting price $520,000+ - which would probably go to $600k++. So not sure if we'll get that much from bank. wait and see....

I went to ob today, and all is good. I had a quick ultrasound and No2 had a good strong heartbeat. My calcs were be due 5th Dec, his rough calc (by length) was 7th Dec - but I've decided to have elective c/s - so it will be late November. Shaun will be exactly 18 months old. Doc said "you didn't waste any time"... and I said "you gave me two good ovaries now!" I have the down syndrome u/s on the 24th May.

Morning sickness has not abated. And nothing I can do about it. Damn it's annoying. But at least I know no2 is growing!

Hope you have a good night!

Jodie great to hear about bub. I always find that with the banks too - but if you ever miss a deadline - watch out!

I am SO tired tonight. My house looks like a fair dinkum bomb hit it, but I'm massacred. Hey is anyone else tired of being responsible? I'm just so over looking after everyone else and housework/cooking/washing.....I so need a job that doesn't deal with people for a while.....I don't usually care but I had a job last night that made my heart sad....and then a big factory fire with lots of lovely firies!

Hi gals.

Popping in to ay hi and I'm off to bed with another headache which I think if not looked after might be a migraine tomorrow.

Crappy day at work, and now feeling too yucky to spend time with my baby and DH.
    Oh well, there's always tomorrow I guess.

Have to read a few pages of personals still, so hopefully can catch up on em soon

Nite.

Kim I'm with you honey, I am over work and home. My class drove me crazy today I am fed up with everywhere I move a kid is hassling me about something. I am working again tomorrow cause we need the money- at least its yr6. I would like to quit life ATM, lets all run away together.

YOU'RE ON!!

I love this little person to death but man.....just 5 secs to myself. DH id useless.

Haha Vic climbing does suck. Darcy's fallen off the top of the lounge a few times.

Nite Leanne

Just thought Id pop in and do some personals! I might as well keep on top of things while I can!

Sara ~ Dont feel bad sweety. I love reading how youre going and coping! Grrrr to the ILs living inside the house How rude and how rude of Brent!!! Are you really going to move out? I wish I could be there more for you! Xoxo

Kim ~ Yahoo for the Dragon having that much money!! Sounds like you had an eventful night. I would be tired too. Rest up and ignore the messy house kids love playing in a messy house anyway hehe!

Leanne ~ Please feel no pressure to keep up with personals! I love hearing from you regardless. I hope that headache goes away I hate having them!

Vic ~ OMG there is a climbing stage!! That sounds terrifying!!! Right now were at an explore and walk stage LOL. He just walks around the house finding things non-stop! He follows me everywhere!

Jodie ~ Grrrr to silly banks not getting back to you on time. The place sounds lovely fingers crossed that you get it! I have added my Flickr site to my profile you have to be added as a friend to access it though. I hope that morning sickness starts leaving soon I really HATED that part of being pregnant. I swore I was dying everyday hehe!

I was changing Em today and he was fighting me like mad as he does lately (arching his back and rolling over, arms going everywhere and screaming) when the cheeky little buggar stopped and looked at me, said Bye Bye, waved and then twisted himself around rather quicly to crawl off I think not pmsl. I got him back and tried my best to stop laughing hehe. I cant believe how smart he is getting and how much he understands. Its amazing.

Well I have my first teaching prac tomorrow and I am just stuffed. I am going to decide what I will wear tomorrow and then will bed to read my text book. Have a great day tomorrow everyone!!

Nat hope you're enjoying your day!

Thanks Kim!!! Wow you have been quiet without me

Had a pretty good day - I did enjoy it a lot though I am based with a Japanese class which is kinda pointless seeing as I can't speak Japanese and I have no interests in the area at all. It is good to see how a primary class works with moving in and out of the classroom though. And I get to work with almost all of the age groups which is fun. Oh and I'm learning some basic Japanese as well hehe.

Just got home and I've got an hour to myself before I have to pick up Em. I've still got that head cold which is driving me insane! I might have to go and get some cold & flu tablets and possible some Berroca me thinks!

OMG I just need to let some stress out! I just turned on the news to see anarmoured van been held up in our patrol - police and baddies exchange gunfire - and see DH's highway patrol car right in the middle of the scene!!! I nearly had a heart attack - yes I know that's what we do but....aaarrrgggghhh! SO I tried to ring the station - everyones too busy. All mobile calls to that area are being diverted as there's too much traffic - panick panick.
    Finally the serg rang me back - no police involved in shooting - PHEW!!! I need a drink lol.

BBL after I've recovered.

A Japanese class? How odd. Are there many of those?

The top of the door? What does she do once she gets to the top? lol. My nephew never did either - Darcy makes up for three kids though....she's going to hurt herself soon I'm sure.

Nat you're going to get me in trouble soon. I bought three more nappies today...a cool Happy Heiny's patterned one and two pocket change ones in pink. I love my peapods, but maybe she's not a really heavy wetter. The first leak I had was today and I think that was becasue she was sitting sideways in the pram for an hour and a bit so it got twisted.

Off to do some dusting before I lose the enthusiasm....

Kim- that sounds sooo frightening, you poor thing, glad he is OK. I am more than ready to run away now, Yr 6 were FOUL today, the dance group had to go out so I had the non dancers and the leftover yr 5s, mostly boys all loud and most rude. My head is still throbbing and I had 2 hours of tutoring after school then off to Aldi to buy stuff for the school disco tomorrow afternoon/ evening.
    Whinge over LOL
    I will try to get in for personals tomorrow, meanwhile hello to everyone, Vic you are more than welcome to join Kim and I on our runnning away trip! Wonder how fast our hubbies will chase us when they realise they are stuck with the kids LOL

Right where can we go.........big daydream......I don't like sand much though....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast