Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

Just wanted to let you know that Patrick is in hospital with bronchiolitis. He keeps de-sating so they are going to start him on oxygen soon.

Nat - how was the expo?

Shan - enjoy yourself in Toowoomba, you should catch up with Shazz while you are there!

Kim - AF what you got it already, I didn't think it was meant to come for ages, let alone again for you, what is going on there. I have been discharging the last couple of days too, but wouldn't quite say it was AF, not sure what is going on with me, as usual my body just won't co-operate, need to trade it in I think.

Jess - OMG is he ok? Hope Patrick gets better soon, poor little thing.

oh and Jody, welcome to our little group. Hope to catch up soon. Got your email just haven't had a chance to reply as yet. Hope you and Shaun are well.
    Last edited by shereejoy; July 15th, 2006 at 07:11 PM.

Shan ~ Thanks that makes me feel better knowing that Matty has similar symptoms. Em's high temp's have dropped down today and though he's still off his food I think he's getting better. Hope you have fun at your mums!

Kim ~ I hope the MIL gets sorted soon. And I hope Darcy sorts herself out for you as well. Glad to hear that your baby shower went well. I can't explain the AF stuff to you... I got AF rather heavily for 5 - 7 days and then it stopped. I had the implant put in on the last day so that makes things a little different for me.

Jess ~ I hope little Patrick is better soon.

Sheree ~ The expo wasn't that great. It was small and there was hardly anything there. There was a toy sale nearby and I picked up a singing and dancing Banana in Pajamas toy for Em for only $16. He loved it! Hope you're feeling better soon sweets. And you don't want to trade that body in - that body did a massive amount of hard work bringing your little boy into the world and once you're feeling better you're body is going to be a shrine LMAO... *giggle* ok I'll stop with the mad advice now! I hope you're smiling though

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi before I go and cook tea! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

gosh Jess ~ hope Patrick makes a speedy recovery poor little mite

Kim ~ don't know about the AF Question But bugger ... i'm so hoping for a reprieve for at least another 4- 6 months ( just hoping and wishing ) bloody MIL's i'm going to be the best MIL when i become one after hearing and seeing some shocking things my sisters MIL used to do to her i was ever so grateful i got a good one i got on better with my MIL then i do with my Mum. it's sad that Ryan will never know his paternal Grandparents

Sheree ~ Nat's right you did some heavy duty work bring your little guy into the world don't be so hard on your self " every day is a new day " This is my new motto along with "what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Shan ~ we will have to meet one of these weekends you are visiting your mum for sure

we've had a crappy day today my poor little dude has been a little poop machine pooping pooping pooping add a bit of screaming and a dash of "hell no i won't go " to bed that is and that adds up to a very grumpy baby and a very frustrated mummy so i have finally got him down and i'm making a dash for my bed before i'm back up walking the floors night night every one hope you are all have a great weekend and your little bubbas are doing what good bubbas do

Shazz - sounds like my days only probably more and more screaming, although today wasn't sooo bad, but he is having a hard time with pain atm, so hopefully we are not in for a long night. Hope Ryan sleeps for you real soon, you pray for me and I will pray for you.

Vic - yeah I am the same, I express and stuff all but then Lachie throws up sooo much that I guess he can get more then my expressor can. And yes today, Lachie has been the same feeding soo sooo much, every 1 - 1 1/2 hours, not sure if my body is keeping up, I sooo hope it is, cause I need sleep!!!!

It is sooo funny atm, wade has just finished playing soccer and it is his turn to nurse Lachie and the thing is Lachie just doesn't like us sitting down and nursing him, has to be standing up, and our backs are killing, but tonight wade's knees are giving away and he is complaining like buggery!!! This is what I do all day long.

Thats what I have been doing the last couple of days with Pat, feeding him every 1-2 hours!
    RE- wondering if he is getting enough! My milk supply is good to start off with then dwindles to basically just fluid no nutrients. I found if they are constantly hungry then maybe they need a top up with formula.Now i'm no expert but thats is how it worked with me!
    WEIGHT- Patrick weighed in at 3280g on Monday,Thursday he dropped to 3110g,Today dropped to 3080g then this arvo went up to 3150g.

Oh Jess, thinking of you and little Pat tonight.

Kellee Guest

Jess – omg, poor little Patrick. I really hope that everything is ok and that he’s home with you soon. I’m sending you all the healthy vibes I can and thinking of you both.

Lea – Us? Extremely quiet? Um, no. Sounds like Em is doing well in the weight stakes. I wouldn’t worry about the slowing in the rate of growth… the fastest growing happens in the first few months and then it slows down. Glad DP was able to come with you to the jabs. It’s awful, isn’t it? Charlie gets exhausted after his shots too, so don’t worry too much unless it continues for more than a day or two, I reckon.

Sheree – oh love, you poor thing. I know that you’re going through a tough time atm. I wish you lived closer so that I could come and have a cup of tea with you! Please feel free to email me anytime you like – I had complications after I had Charlie and it really marred my experience of being a mum for the first few months because I felt like no one understood how I felt. You don’t have to do it alone… we’re thinking of you.

Kim – aagghh! Just when you think you’ve got them figured out they go and change everything. I bet she’s going through a growth spurt and you’ll both come out the other side of it ok. I’d forgotten about AF changing the taste of the milk… wow, you got it back early! Bugger! And what’s with MIL?! What a pain. Not sure why she thought you would side with her over DH.

Mummy – wow, that’s awesome that Phoebe is still sleeping so well! I understand the ‘me time’ thing – both my boys are asleep and I really should go to bed in preparation for the night ahead, but I need my BB fix! LOL at you saying ‘but…’ a lot. I’m keen for the next one in the next year or two, but we have to wait until Charlie starts school (at least) if at all.

Jodie – hello! I didn’t realise that you had Shaun earlier than I had Toby! Welcome to BB… are you still visiting ozgeek? I haven’t been there in a while…

Vic – glad to see that you’re on the way to meeting some other mums. Thanks for the idea about the naturopath – I think they’re great, but I haven’t been to one in a while and had kind of forgotten about them to be honest! I will visit one if Toby’s wind pain continues. And YAY for exercising! It will make you feel so much better… I have lots more energy since I started walking again. Glad you had fun at netball. I’m too unco for anything like that! Re: b/f… could you express fully from each breast after you feed him so that you can see if there is any left? When I’m worried about my supply I do that and if there isn’t enough left for my liking (I’m usually a cow) I express after each feed for 10 minutes or so for a few days and that usually bumps it up a bit, so at least I know he’s getting enough.

Shan – hmm, I have been eating lots of veggies… maybe I should re-evaluate my diet and see if it makes a difference. Glad to hear that it worked for you. I am definitely interested in meeting up sometime with anyone who can make it. Not sure where though… Sounds like Matt is growing so well! They stay little for such a short time… * sigh *

Shazz – ah, hope you get some sleep tonight! Don’t they realise that it’s much easier for everyone involved if they just go to sleep? They’ll feel better, Mum will feel better and then everyone will be happy! Alas, doesn’t work that way.

Single parenting tonight – DH has started back at his radio station shifts every fortnight. So far (touch wood) everything is going ok. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Poor DH will be stuffed tomorrow, but Mum is having Charlie for the day (more for her benefit than ours!) so we’ll probably get a chance to sleep. I’m having my family (Dad, Mum, brother, almost SIL and Nana) over tomorrow night for dinner because she’s visiting from down south and going home on Monday. We’re having roast pork with crackling and white chocolate and raspberry self-saucing pudding. Yum! Hope it all turns out ok!

Anyway, hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Gosh just had to jump on and ask if anyone else is using Infants friend. Because Lachie has reflux and has just developed a cold, I was very wary trying this stuff until I knew the reflux meds were working (even though I had a very good idea he has colic too). But when he got sick with a cold, well lets just say I am not sure why he is upset all the time, but guessing it is from the cold. He fed really well yesterday and then come 5pm things changed and we had a really bad night with him up until 1pm today. I said to Wade bugger it I am sick of giving him meds but we need to see if it is the colic upsetting him or not. Gave him 10 drops just before his feed and whalaaa one happy baby FINALLY! Hoping this is not just a coincidence.............

Jodie259 Guest

Thanks to everyone for their welcomes.

Kellee: my little one came early, and yours came late hey? I was originally due on the 3rd-5th June. But Shaun was a big boy, and I don't think there was much room left! I check out ozgeek most days, but I don't post much.

Sheree: I've been using infacol wind drops because Shaun just would not burp. But now he does beauties!!! And he's always been a farter. You're sure that there will be a smelly nappy, but no - all air! I hope Lachy remains a happy baby.

Shaun has had a terrible cough for the last couple of days. Took him to the doctor, and he said he will be okay. But it's gut renching to hear them coughing. There is nothing you can get to soothe such little babies... but I give him some baby panadol once a day to ease the pain. Hopefully it won't last too long.

Kellee Guest

Sheree - we've just started using Infant's Friend because Infacol had no affect on Toby. Hope it works out for Lachie and for Toby!

Jodie - hope that Shaun is feeling better soon. Not much you can do except wait for it to pass. I meant to ask, are you bf?

Hope everyone is well... a bit quiet in here today.

Jodie259 Guest

no... not breast feeding. On his 2nd day in hospital the nurses put him on formula because he was screaming all the time. Turns out he lost 1/2 a kilo by his 2nd day. After going onto formula, he increased weight. I've tried to breast feed. I've spent a day at a lactation centre. But it just isn't happening. At times I've tried to express for an entire day - and managed to get 20mls out of both breasts. Even the lactation centre said I shouldn't bother with breast feeding. I try to express occassionally - but same results (10-20ml) and I put him on the boob occassionally - but I think it just soothes. He really doesn't like the boob. You can see the look of dread when I lift my shirt up!

Oh Jodie, that's sad about the b/f, but so long as Shaun's happy. I was wondering if you could get cough medicine for wee babes....guess not.

Kell, I'm back on my own too for a couple'a nights. I must be used to it, cos I' not fussed, but I refuse to answer the phone at the minute because the saga (now infantile and selfish on thier parts) with the IL's continues! I wish they could see how upset thie son is. No parent should want their child to be upset, let alone just so they get what they want! Got an upset tum this arvo. Worried a bot cos we all know Darc isn't a sleeper and I'm worried I'm gonig to be ill and have to leave her screaming for a bit.....

Also, this may be TMI but I'm worried. This AF is VERY heavy (I have never ever lost much). Does that sound normal? (Considering I only had another lot less than a week ago). Might wait a couple of days and ring the GP.

ETA: I've lodged my tax return electronically this arvo, done four loads of washing and now i'm going to scrapbook! VERY proud of myself!!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 16th, 2006 at 05:10 PM.

Went over to hospital today to see Patrick.I lasted 20 mins, before I burst into tears!
    They put him on oxygen last night and the nasal prongs didn't work, so put a box over his head and pumped humidfied air into it.There is only one thing wrong with this, and that's the fact that noone can hold him and I can't BF him.
    I was full on my left side last night so I expressed it of, but unfortunately my right side decided that when it was full, it was too tender to touch and now because of the virus I have, I now have Mastitis in my right side.
    About 3 hours ago I started to get really cold and I just thought, that the virus was hitting me hard, but then I started hallucinating and I was delirious. Apparently I thought Patrick was next to me and then he had disappeared. I was literally screaming DH said.He finally got some nurofen into me and I feel a bit better now.

Jodie259 Guest

Oh Jess. I'm so sorry to hear everything that is happening to you and Patrick. You will both get better - soon. Hang in there. Patrick is getting the best care he can.

There are lots of viruses going around. It has gone through our household, and now my little one has it and is crying non-stop. It's heartbreaking. And when they are so small there is nothing you can give them to relieve the coughing.

Ensure you keep your own health up for when Patrick comes home. You don't want to run yourself down. It's a real shame about the mastitis. Can that heal up & you continue to breast feed later? I hope so for your sake.

Take care of yourself. Hugs to you.

Oh Jess I was just about to have a whinge about my crappy night, but you sound awful. Hope your situation improves. Jody's right, it's the best plce for Pat.

Well my eventful evening started with an unsettled tummy (DH is at work until 2am). Was feeding her at 9pm and had to detach to throw up! Poor kid was screaming, I felt awful but nothing I could do as I threw my heart up(11 times if you're interested). Rang DH but had to speak to his partner as he was doing the same....guess its something we ate. Hope it can't be passed to bugalugs....

Jodie259 Guest

Scrappyfish - ensure you keep drinking water (or dry ginger ale to calm the stomach). Keep your fluids up.
    I got food poisoning when I was about 32 weeks pregnant - and I ended up in hospital with 2 drips as I was so dehydrated.

Shazz ~ I hope your little man is feeling better and the pooping has stopped!! I hope you've managed to get some sleep too.

Sheree ~ I just love getting the exasperated looks or comments from DP to which I just say "I've got this all day!" And your poor legs having to stand and feed!! YAY for one happy baby finally - is it still working? You must be so relieved for your little man!

Kellee ~ I was glad that DP was there for the shots as well. I'm not overly bad but I hate seeing him upset like that. I hope the single parenting went alright and the dinner sounds delightful btw. I'm frightfully jealous!!!

Vic ~ Sorry I've got no idea on your BF question!

Kim ~ How crappy that you are both sick. I know how awful you would feel having to leave Darcy to cry while you are being sick. DP was sick the other week and I wondered what I would do myself if I got it as well. Fingers crossed that Darcy doesn't get anything as well! And congrats on getting so much done - I'd be proud too. BTW I didn't have the second AF like you but mine was incredibly heavy - I was wearing maternity pads again LOL. Maybe get it checked out if its worrying you.

Jodie ~ LOL at Shaun having a look of dread when you lift your shirt up!

Jess ~ I hope you are holding up okay and that little Patrick is improving. You are both in my thoughts. Sorry for missing your MSN convo yet again!

Em's still out of sorts today and now I'm not sure if it was the shots or not. He's only having 3 - 4 bottles a day when he normally has 5 -6. And he has gone to one poo a day and they have gone quite firm and a real dark forest green. Then tonight he had a bit of an explosive one quite similar to when he was on BM... He's still dribbling heaps and biting everything that goes near his mouth. He's still quite fussy and can scream for up to an hour at a time and I've got no way to comfort him... Does this sound normal?? Any ideas anyone?!?! I'm not sure if something is wrong or not. I was thinking of ringing the parenting helpline.

Well I just finished typing that letter to my Nana that I've been meaning to do for well over a month now. The poor dear was asking my Dad how I was the other day as she hadn't heard from me.... oops!! Em went to bed early so I decided to finish it off, so its printed and now I'm heading to bed. I will post it off tomorrow with some gorgeous photos of Em of course! (Including the shot of him in the jumper she knitted!!) Ok now I'm just tired babbling... Nighty night guys!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast