Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Jovi's sleeping ok ... when she gets to sleep! Some nights she's ok and we'll be in bed by 11pm, then other nights it might be 1am! She's been shocking during the day though. Took her for a weigh in today and the nurse could tell she was exhausted, but the little bugger didn't want to sleep. DH's is rocking her off now but she still has a habit of waking up a few minutes after you put her down ... little bugger. She's usually pretty good though when we're all going to bed, just have to get her day time sleeping fixed up ... it makes her so cranky.

We have given her a little panodol when she gets really sore and upset (which also works well for the sleeping!). She loves that dummy, but loves her hands and wants everything in there at once.

She's put on another 150g this week and is up to 4350g which is awesome. She should put on between 150-250g from now on. Will probably have her weighed every couple of weeks now. Very proud ...

Sheree ~ Em has been the same with smiles and giggles. It was hard work to get them until late last week where he was suddenly just flashing them left right and centre – its so adorable isn’t it? Just makes your heart melt! I hope you get that second opinion as well – I don’t think its good enough personally (Though I’ve never had a c-section!)

Kellee ~ We’ve had a few chuckles which have just been adorable!! And yes we’re doing anything to get more LOL. I didn’t think of the growing pains being like that for our little ones – painful indeed! How did that rash go?

Shan ~ Sorry for the misunderstanding – I’m lead to believe that with the implant you can not have AF as well so fingers crossed!!

Baby_Crazy05 ~ Teething OMG!! Nice and early for you!!! Em has been doing similar stuff and I thought I was going nuts to be honest. Then mum said to me today ‘Do you think he’s teething?” LOL. So I’m not sure. Em is getting a red rash come and go on his face, is off his bottle during the day and just wants to bite! I’m so glad that I’m not breastfeeding LMAO!! Argh about handing Jovi straight to DH and having her stop crying – talk about timing LOL. When that happens to me DP says – ‘Don’t worry I know you just did all the hard work’ the sweety LOL. Good to hear she’s gaining weight.

Shazz ~ It must be awful with you both having colds – I hope you’re both feeling better soon! I think its great that Kim took the time and effort to send you something that obviously is helping. I really appreciate our group here! Big hugs sweety!

Angelique ~ Em has never had the required amount. The tin says he should have 120mls 6 times a day. He’s always had about 5. I’ve stopped working it out now. Sometimes he’ll have 150mls others only 100mls and others 50mls… but he’s gaining weight and he’s happy so I think its fine. If you think she’s ready you can start some solids at 4 months. And my interaction is on the net as well!!!

Vic ~ Glad you to don’t have to ‘share’ anymore LMAO!! And a new laptop would excite me too LOL. And I think you’re a hero with the amount of stuff to do. I’m flat out with just Em and no work! Don’t feel as though you’re not doing any of it properly – your multi-tasking LOL. And OMG Vic I can’t believe they wouldn’t let you come to the mothers group and couldn’t even recommend anything else. That would make me absolutely furious. I was seeing red when I saw your post! What is it with some people!?!? Have you done a search on mothers groups in the area? Do you post in the Local Thread in queensland? You might find some other BB’rs that live close by?? - LOL just realise that Becka popped in!

Kim ~ I feel so guilty because I didn’t even start tummy time till the last few weeks. I don’t even know why I didn’t lol. In fact it was until after 2 weeks that I even laid him on the floor here. Though it is unbelievably cold here… I think you might be child proofing sooner then you thought as well!! Em rolls over back onto his back when he is put on his tummy LOL. And the wedding sounds great – its good you got to dress up! And I love your feature wall as well – so much effort!! I’m glad that Darcy’s shots went well. LOL @ lugging her around doing housework! And I can’t believe she hates the car – that must make life difficult.

Alison ~ Has Cooper had his shots yet? How did you go?

Jess ~ So glad to hear that Pat is putting on weight.

Mummy ~ WOW you definitely had a ‘shots’ day LMAO. Poor little Phoebe – I hope she’s okay now! I hope she’s starting to gain more weight to. Hope Samuel is going okay now.

So sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately girls. I’ve tried personals so I hope that I’ve gotten everyone so sorry if I’ve missed something! I’ve been reading but not finding the time to post! I honestly haven’t been home in ages LOL! I’ve barely had time to catch my breath let alone post especially with Em being fussy in the afternoons. We have our immunizations tomorrow which will be interesting. I’m more interested to see how I cope LOL! DP is coming with me at least. At least we will get him weighed again! The sales went excellently – I spent WAY too much (around $300) on Emerson for Christmas. He is going to be very spoilt considering what his father will get him alone with countless others!!! I had a great day and even managed to pick up 3 matching bra and brief sets for $35 which I was rapt with! I’m trying to remember what I did yesterday and I can’t lol… I’ll get back to you all.

Also just a reminder for people to edit their posts rather then do a double post. If it doesn’t work try going into the advanced option and save from there. Thanks girls.

GL today/tomorrow???? Nat with Emersons Immunisations, ouchy!!!! Hope all goes well. Lachie has his this Tuesday. His poor little body, with Losec (for reflux) - being pumped into it, Mylanta. I am so sick of stuffing him with this stuff. And he is starting to get a cold, thought it was just a tickle in the throat intially, but now it has a chuckle in it, poor little thing, just don't seem to be having a good run with things. Makes me very sad at times, I never thought motherhood would be this hard! I just want my little boy to be better and not cry after a feed. A feed is meant to make them happy isn't it!!!! *Crying* *Crying* *Crying*

morning all

to those about to embark on needles good luck (* i cried more then Ryan did )
    i just got back from baby clinic where we had bub weighed he only gained 70 grams this week instead of his normal 200grams but he has been unwell so we will see what next week brings

oh and i have started walking again did 4 laps of our local recreaction (sp) ground this morning i'd say close to 4 km maybe more i feel nackered but energised at the same time hopefully i will start sleeping better
    be back later

Kellee Guest

Shazz – bugger the colds. Hope you’re feeling better soon. Glad to hear that you’re feeling better about thing too.

Vic – I can’t believe the attitude of the woman at the baby session! That’s so rude! I REALLY wish I lived closer to you… then all our kids could play together and it would all be fine. Why can’t you get into a playgoup? That sucks. I’m going to bite the bullet and go to one once DH is back at work. Sorry I can’t give you any ideas, apart from driving down here to visit me! If you put a post in the playgroups forum they might have some suggestions.

Angelique – sorry I can’t give you any suggestions on the formula as I’ve never used it, but it sounds like the other gals are able to give you some advice anyway.

Mummy – your poor little fellas. Hope they’re having better days today and that Samuel’s molars come through soon and without incident.

Kim – yeah, I was thinking it was the full moon too! But yay for Darcy sleeping longer, that’s great. Toby won’t sleep in his own bed past about 6 either (usually earlier), it’s such a pain! I would insist on it, but I don’t want his crying to wake Charlie up at that time otherwise I’ve got both of them up that early… no thanks! Don’t worry about the car, I’m sure she’ll get used to it soon.

Baby Crazy – sounds like Jovie’s doing well with her weight. That’s great.

Lea – wow, I figured you’d been busy – our most regular poster MIA for so long! Sounds like you’ve been having fun though. Hope the immunisations went well.

Sheree – yes, feeding can be good and bad. Toby has problems from the other end… he gets terrible wind pain after a feed, so it’s not always fun for him either. I hope Lachie’s meds work well soon.

Took Toby to the doctor about that rash – it’s just another hormonal rash from birth (he has been really rashy ever since he was born… looks like he’s going through puberty!) and he’ll grow out of it I’m told. We weighed him and he’s about 5 kgs, so he’s put on 1.5 kg in a month which is great. I have a feeling he’s going to be our ‘real’ boy – he’s a bit more stocky than Charlie and much more loud! Charlie was always such a quiet crier and is so delicate, neat and particular – we think he’s going to be a ‘metrosexual’! Anyway, Toby has been a bit unsettled recently, but I think it’s more a combination of growing and wind pain, so I’m sure it will all settle down in the next few weeks. Right, time to put the (bigger) little boy to bed and have a nap myself I think. Hope you’re all well.

Shazz ~ Well done on the laps!!! I've done nothing!!! Still waiting for the copy of the exercise tape - at least thats my excuse LOL.

Sheree ~ awwww sweety! I hope Lachie gets better for you soon it must be awful for you. Is the medicine helping yet?

Kellee ~ Glad to hear the rash was nothing serious! And yes even I was a bit shocked at how MIA I was LOL! Em is weighing 4.87kgs now - which is just over 300g more then 2 weeks ago. So he has slowed down in his weight gain a bit.

Shots went well this morning. Didn't really like doing it to him but DP was there with us and Em wasn't too bad with them. The nurse said that his gums were probably sore hence the restlessness and other teething symptoms we've been having.
    Well I think I spoke too soon on the 'at least we're still sleeping' thing LMAO! Em went down at about 11 and I didn't make it to bed till after 12 as I was getting stuff organized. So of course by about 2.30 he was awake again and didn't go back to sleep. He had 150mls in 50ml spurts from 2.30 till 8. He played on his side of the bed for awhile and then slept in my arms but he wasn't a happy chappy. But he was pretty good with his shots - it was more shock on his little face LOL. The nurse felt terrible hehe. She said that it would have to be the worst part of her job! He calmed down after a bottle and is now just playing. He was a bleeder though LMAO... blood squirting everywhere!!! So I'm tired and organized and just about to go to the shops and do a few things! BBL

Kellee and Nat, we have good and bad days, and the bad just outways the good I am afraid, how negative am I, I just can't help it. And to top it all off, just rang gyno re: results from papsmear and I have a low grade abnormality and need to have it checked in 6mths not 2 years. Just what I needed to hear, I am so sad and upset, I am so sick of my f***d up body it ain't funny. Had a scan yesterday on my wound too and I do have a pocket of fluid deep in my wound. I will talk to gp about it tomorrow in more detail, as that is all I know at present from the senographer.

Wonder what else could go wrong, so fed up! My SIL just said you need a break, and I said the way my luck is maybe I will get a break in my leg instead! Sorry havin a downer again.......

Oh Sheree I feelso awful for you. I bet between Shazz, Kellee and I we can sympathise about feeling so bad. I have to tell you I hated this whole situation for the first 6 weeks. It's OK to admit that, and it's better to admit it to someone who can help you. When you go to the GP tomorrow, do you feel comfortable talking about the emotional stuff as well as the physical stuff? It's really better that someone like that knows. They can refer you to proper help - even if you feel like you don't need it. I didn't but took it anyway and it really did help.
    I know it won't make you feel any different but I have abnormal pap smears every time. I have been on 6monthy/yearly pap smears for nearly 10 years. Being prgnent was the longest I have put it off, and guess what? Yep it's come up again.
    Sorry rambling - ignore if you can't be bothered.

Had a SHOCKER last night. Wouldn't sleep all day, not in the arvo, not until 9pm. Awake at 1 until 7.30am!!! Then I had to rush this morning to get her to the clinic. SHe's only put on 50gms this week. The nurse (one I haven't met before, but lovley) told me it was probably becasue I had AF last week and it changes the taste of the milk. I had noticed her being fussy and her nose is a bit stuffy so I'm not too worried, but I would have like it to be a bit more.
    Finally she's gone down this afternoon. Here's hoping it lasts long enough for a cuppa on my own.....

awww Sheree honey hang in there i hope and pray that your little man's meds start to help and you and him get some relief soon we are definatley here for you any time you need us speaking of pap smears i have been really naughty and it has been 5 years since my last check according to the doc's office according to my recollection i'm sure it hasn't been that long but hey who am i to argue

Kim ~ i hope you got to have a little rest and a nice cuppa to day.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,
    Samuel is back to his usual self, so not too sure if those molars have made an appearance or not....strange, he had a temp all night and then woke this morning happy and quite chirpy. Phoebe is still going great guns with her night sleeping. Put her down the other night at 9pm and she slept until 6am...although you would think that I wouldn't be sleep deprived with a baby sleeping like that but you see I stay up until all hours scrapbooking and stuff...I really enjoy my me time.(with no interruptions) It's great when our little ones start smiling, but how cute is it when they start to chuckle and laugh. (Happy and sad at the same time...happy for obvious reasons, it's just wonderful when their little faces light up and also sad, they just grow so quickly.*sigh* NO not having anymore, BUT....I have to keep repeating this to myself. I have a pigeon pair, gotta be happy with that.....BUT (lol)

Sorry no personals tonight, hope everyone is well....Take Care X

Jodie259 Guest

Hi girls...
    Just introducing myself! I'm Jodie & my little boy Shaun was born on 27th May. (particular hi to Kellee & Sherree... who I know online!).
    I hope to get to know all my fellow mummies.
    I'm a first time mum... and boy it is hard work.
    It's 1.50am as I type this (not been to been to bed at all)... so I will be hitting the sack very soon! Have to get up early to take my dog to the vet (has a sore foot).
    Look forward to 'chatting' with you all soon!
    Jodie
    xx

Hi Jodie and welcome to May buddies. I have added your details in on the front page for you.

Welcome Jodie.

Glad everyones bubbys are doing well. We too were suffering the wind thing here until my sister reminded I suffered the same thing with my first bubby and I took out all the green veges from the diet ie broccoli, any beans, peas etc. So I once again took out all veges barring potatos, carrots and pumpkin and I have not had that awful unsettled screaming since!I agree, it can almost always be traced backed to mummys diet.

Vic... I cant believe that about mums group! Esp the supervisor of the group saying what she did! It has been said to me that mums group is really for 1st time mums as well!!! We could try to meet half way from the north side of Brissy once in a while
    if anyone is interested. Is anyone?

Went walking today and got stuck in rain just as my friend drove past and managed to get a lift back home - how lucky. Saved the kids getting another cold.

Matty was weighed yesterday at 8w 3d and he was just over 5.5kgs. Little porky. Growing well though.

Both kids are asleep at the moment so I should go for a lay down
    Ciao

Weolcome Jodie! Hope you enjoy our board.

Wow Vic and Shan, those boys are going great guns with their weight !

Man, the screamer has been on all day and night again. Felt bad but dosed her with panadol at luch....seems to be working. She's not asleep but at least calmer. She's even losing her voice.

I have also managed to have a hug fight with MIL today. She upset DH and then dared to ring me and air her veiws. Don't know how she thought that might make me visit more......was so irate I had to ring my mum. :grrr:

Vic i'm so proud of you with the exercise !!!!

We had some people we met in antenatal class over for dinner Wednesday. They are really nice so hopefully that continues, and some more friends over tonight. Need something to look forward to today...

Sheree, can you send me your mailing address?

Jodie259 Guest

I had Shaun weighed in earlier this week (6w 2d) - and he was 5.2kg !!!
    I dread to think how much he will weigh at 8 weeks!!
    He's putting on over 250grams each week!!
    Now that's a little piggy!

First of all I dropped off the notification list damn it! I thought you were all being extremely quiet lmao….

Well I have had a busy day. Ages ago my step-mum said she was going to come down to take me shopping for my birthday. Well last night she rang and organized it for today… and brought my 3 brothers and sisters as well LOL! I got a great new pair of black boots from Spendless of all places and 4 new tops as well. Em was an angel and slept the whole time – the other 3 however… urgh!! I don’t know how many times I had to say – “The baby is not a toy!” & “The pram is not a racing car!” I was glad to be coming home by myself with just Em!!! Even better my Dad might be able to get a 19” flat screen monitor cheap for me which would be great!

Em’s shots went fine – he cried a bit but overall was really good. He had a high temp last night – over 38 which came down to just over 37 with Panadol. He wouldn’t really sleep unless it was in my arms which was fine as I fell asleep too and we both woke at 4. And he’s pretty much been sleeping all day too. He hasn’t really been interested in feeding either? Is this normal? His temp is still up a bit now so I’ve just given him some more Panadol but other then that he seems fine. The dummy hasn’t left his mouth though…. Lets hope that habit doesn’t stick! I also had him weighed and he has put on 300g in 2 weeks so he now weighs 4.87kgs.

Sheree ~ I’m sending you all my hugs sweety. I can’t tell you how much I’m hoping things get better for you and Lachie the poor little mite. I’m sure the papsmear stuff is fine. OMG @ the pocket of fluid – couldn’t they have picked that up sooner?? Let us know what happens at the Dr’s. You’re in my thoughts babe! Kims advice was excellent.

Kim ~ Damn about AF coming back and affecting the taste of your milk! Poor little Darcy. I hope she’s calmed down for you now. That is so great that you had people over from your antenatal class. You’ve inspired me to catch up with a few friends from mine. I will have to remember to msg them! We are all doing well with the MIL issues aren’t we? I hope it was sorted.

Shazz ~ Good to see you’re still around. How are things?

Mummy ~ I’m so with you on the smiles and the growing up! I can’t believe that Phoebe is doing so well!!! Em has had a few unsettled nights – firstly because of his gums and then lately his shots! Glad to hear that Samuel is back to his usual self as well!

Jodi ~ Welcome to Babies Born in May!!! Can’t wait to hear more about you and Shaun. He definitely sounds like a little piggy LOL.

Vic ~ OMG your little man is getting bigger isn’t he?? So glad that you’ve found a play group that sounds great. And yay for the exercise. Netball is a great way to get back into it as well as having the social contact outside the kids!! I’m starting the exercise thing soon I promise LOL. My best friend just bought a walker and runner and is having a key cut for me so I can get in and out of her place to use them. She’s also lending me her yoga tape and I’m waiting for the other tape from my mum. So then I just have to find the time and motivation!

Shan ~ Good to hear from you! Matty sounds like he is doing well!! I hope you enjoyed your laydown and yes you were extremely lucky to get out of the rain! We are having horrible weather here too. So cold and miserable!

Oh & Jess and Beck… so sorry about MSN the other night. I wasn’t at my computer and left it saying Online!! I felt so rude…

Also Jess – big hugs my sweet! After our MSN convo the other night and the post I just read about co-sleeping I think you need it. Keep your chin up and we’ll catch up on MSN soon I’m sure!

Well I’m just doing a load of washing and catching up on some posts and then I think I will got to bed. I’m going to the Parenting Expo tomorrow so I have to be up nice and early for that. I’ve never been to one before so I hope that its good! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lea, Matty had his inj on Thurs and was a bit out of wack on the day/evening and pretty much slept all of friday with a 4 1/2 hour sleep in the afternoon. it would have been longer if i had not have woken him. Shame the sleep pattern wont last though! He hasnt been interested in feeding much either. I wouldn't be concerned by this behaviour as it is pretty normal after inj. Just keep an eye on symptoms.

Scrappy Grrrr for MIL's.

Mummy4life - Hmmm ... losing track of time with scrapbooking! I know the feeling.

Going to Mums for the weekend in Twba so will be back on on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone

Quiet today.
    Just got back from a baby shower! Had a lovely afternoon, but the monster is still upset. Poor thing, don't know what is the matter.
    MIL not resolved. DH quite upset.
    Question - had AF for a week two weeks ago (ended 5 days ago) and now have it again!? Anyone else can explain this? Is it normal?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast