Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #3

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi girls,

Jess ~ Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Hope that Patrick is on the mend soon, he is in the best place. Take care of yourself...it must be hard being away from your little man.

Jodie ~ welcome....sorry to hear that BF was unsucessful for you, as long as your little man is happy that's the main thing.

Scrappy ~ It might just be a good idea to visit the doctor...if it doesn't seem right to you than it can't hurt to have it checked out. How that Darcy doesn't get sick as well....bad enough being sick yourself. Hope you get better soon. So did you get any scrapbooking done???

Kellee ~ how did your dinner go...sounds yummy, what you were having. mmmmmm

Lea ~ Em just might be teething...it sounds like he as all the signs of it. Can you see what his gums look like at all. I have found that panadol works a treat with teething, usually just before bed...helps them get through the night. Good Luck. Did you see that Pixifoto are going to be at coles on 28th & 29th July...haven't decided if I will take Samuel and Phoebe, I have pics of Samuel done at 4 mths...got the free print, but didn't purchase any as I wasn't particularly happy with them. I might just give them another chance. Would love a really lovely picture of my 2 little cherubs together.

Thanks girls. Feeling marginally better this am. When I got back from the bathroom Darc was laughing at nothing anyway- no symapthy from her. Poor DH threw up on the side of the road while his partner was issuing a ticket! He went round the corner, but they are videoed and wear long range mikes so the poor thing all the sound effects were recorded! LMAO! It was a great joke in the office last night.

Yes Jess I did get a page done for the first time in AGES. Thank goodness for BH sketches.

YEAH post Vic on what helped you, that would be great.

Must be going around this sickness, Lachie is still coughing like crazy, poor little mite, he has so much to contend with.

Oh Adam, sweety hope you feel better soon. WHose idea was it to have a baby right before winter??? We all seem to have bugs.

OMG the IL have just told DH that they think they should be seeing the baby more, looking after her one day a week, I should be visiting their family more, we are underfeeding her and that she should be on solids and formula, that I shouldn't be seeing y family so much, that we should let them hold her more, that I should be home when they want to visit, that we are keeping her from them and that we didn't buy his brother an engagement present! DH is so upset (and sick) he is not coping well. I want to ring and say how dare they make their child so upset just because they aren't getting what they want. Who are the parents? I want to say how dare they tell me how to parent and whom I should see and when (their own children are ALL obese - so we'll be listening to their dietarty advice - NOT). As as for they should be looking after her....MIL is so fat she can't put her own shoes on or carry out the washing and FIL had a hip replacement so reckons he can't walk anywhere (Yes they have a disabled pass)...would you leave a small child with her??? We got in trouble for patronising his sister who only speaks in a baby voice and does everything we ask her not to, and they expect to hold the Christening when none of their children are chirstend baptised or otherwise nor have god parents! She said why do I spend so much time with my mum and that she's a mum too? She's not my mother nor did I ever ask her to be - they screwed up their own children (besides DH) she's not haivng a go at mine. Added to that they seem to have forgotten that in the last ten years DH gave them $30000 cos they had no money and bought them a car and a washing machine. They've never offered us anything cos they think we're rich cos we have nice things. Not to mention that we've worked hard for those thins and some weeks only have $10 in the bank...

I am so sorry, but I need to get it off my chest. Aren't parents supposed to be more concerned with the welfare of thier own children rather than hurt them to get what they want? My mum can't believe they are being so childish and neither can I. Now poor Cam everytime he looks at Darcy he is reminded how awful they feel about me. I've told hime they aren't coming here anymore and I wont' be going there. The poor thing wants to go and find a country spot to get away from them. I can't believe how different he is from his entire family.

Really sorry again. Feels better to let it out. Don't know what we're going to do about it though. Do you think it would be rude to write them a letter?
    Last edited by ~Kim~; July 17th, 2006 at 04:08 PM.

OMg Kim what a nightmare i hope things start to settle down for you guys soon so much stress don't these people know it is already stressful enough being new parents hugs to you both

Thanks Shazz. No apparently they think it's a breeze (my 5 hours sleep per day baby is hard work), and they don't care anyway.

On the flip side, does anyone miss being pregnant? I find myself wistfully staring at the beely buddies threads wishing it back. I guess I hated the first 30weeks and so want to enjoy one. We will be TTC in Dec next year hopefully but that seems so far away....

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Lea - Jovi has been the same last couple of days. She has always done 1 poo a day (that's her habit), but she skipped on Friday then had the same horrible forest green Saturday and Sunday. Waiting for her one today (which is overdue!) ... we usually give her Infant's Friend but have been trying to cut her down a bit ... dosed her up today though so hopefully her pain in the belly will go away and poos return to normal ... so hard to clean up!

Had DH's parents here since yesterday ... they've gone home now. Though his Mum could stay forever! Jovi let her feed her (which is a first!), burp her and she slept soundly when she was supposed to! Grr ... she won't do that when she's not here little the bugger (e.g. she's awake now but should be asleep! lol).

DH is an avid South's supporter ... he went and bought her a little jump suit today and put it straight on her ... she's sp cute! I can't wait until he finds the bloody cord for my dig. camera so I can put more pics on her website. Have a few more to add but makes it a bit easier when I don't have to keep getting film etc. Grrrr ...

Oh Babycrazy, that does sound cute. My DH loves the Eels, I don't think I'll mention that to him though...

Yep I'm haunting the threads today...could go and clean the loo from last night....oh who cares this is a yuck day anyway, why make it worse?

yep kim ~ in some bizarre land i do miss being pregnant

Kim gosh that is terrible how sick you were, hope you feel better soon honey.

Just a quick one girls:
    I am being really paranoid, someone please tell me what is going on. I for the last couple of days have noticed my boobs do not feel as hard and full as they use to. I even use to be able to touch and fill the milk ducts full. I don't feel any of this anymore and today Lachie has been fusing around my boobs soooo much, particularly my right but sometimes left. It is as if there isn't much there or something, as my the flow use to be so strong he would pull off as he could not keep up with the flow at times and I would see it squirting out. I have on a number of these occassions after a feed tried to express to see what was going on and yep sure enough stuff all, like 10ml if I am lucky from both boobs and that is after 15-20mins. I drink so much water ever day like 3 litres minimum, so I don't know how to increase my milk supply. I guess the more I worry about this the less chance my milk supply will increase but when he fusses and won't attach this is really concerning me. Any advice?

Sheree, I'm only new like you too, but I have noticed mine aren't as hard asthey used to be. I figured it was just after they had 'settled'. Today I have had issues as I haven't been eating, but an increase influid seemed to help this arvo. Kellee recommended expressing every feed for a couple of days to build it up if you aren't happy, but it sounds like you are trying that.
    I was reading a great thread for breastfeeding mums the other day. Have you tried posting on there?

Jodie259 Guest

Quick post....
    have just popped home from the hospital.
    I took Shaun to the hospital on Sunday night as his cough was persistant, and he was doing projectile vomits.
    Turns out he has brochialitis, and they admitted him/us.
    I thought we could go home today - but no...
    Then I thought we could go home tomorrow... but that's looking unlikely.
    We might be home on Wednesday?! :-(

But the good news is that he is sleeping heaps !
    Got to find the bright side of things I guess.
    Will post again when I get home again.

ciao,
    Jodie
    xx

OMG do you girls chat!! Iíve been sooo busy again today but Iíve got a lot done. Iíve done the vacuuming, the mopping, dusting, cleaned toilet/bathroom, washing, dishes, a friends tax lodgement and baked a chocolate cake!!! Oh and I coloured my hair. Em is still off his feeds and according to the Parenting helpline is only having 2/3 of what he should. So weíre off to the Drís tomorrow to make sure that everything is alright. He seems to be fine though he is cranky a lot of the time.

Sheree ~ Ohhh poor little Lach coughing!! I hope heís better soon! And I hope you sort out your BF issues as well Ė sorry I canít help!

Mummy ~ I thought he might be teething as well. Iím really not sure though. I didnít know about Pixie Fotos. How do you book them? I would def be interested in having them done. Can they do much with a bubba that canít even sit up on his own??

Kim ~ LOL @ Darcy laughing at you! And your poor DH being recorded hehe!! Thatís hysterical! And OMG at your ILís Ė how horrible and childish can they get?? If you donít think you can convey yourself well enough in person or you think that the conversation would go badly maybe a letter is a good idea. The only problem with a letter is that its in writing for ever so be careful how you word things. I miss being pregnant a lot!! And Iím so jealous that youíve got a plan to TTC again! And I wouldnít clean the toilet either LMAO.

Vic ~ I hope that your little man is doing better soon. It might be worth the second opinion if you think the Dr was wrong. Iíd be mad too.

Jodi ~ Poor little ShaunÖ I hope heís feeling better and is out of hospital soon.

Jess ~ I hope everything is going ok with Patrick.

Beck ~ Do you know why Jovi is having the weird bowel movements? I tried Infacol on Em but it doesnít seem to be working. And how cute with the little Southís outfit!

So many of our little ones sick Ė I hope everyoneís bubbas are well soon! I best get to that MASSIVE pile of ironing that I have to do. Have a great night everyone.

Patrick is still in the headbox and will be in there for a little while yet, I was able to hold him today and give him a feed(no nutrition there!) and he enjoyed being with his mummy so much he played up for the nurses for 4 hours,(we left at 2.30 and he finally went to sleep around 6.30). Then he slept for 2 hrs woke for a feed and then went straight off to sleep again. His oxygen flow has been reduced to 25% so that is good.

my little guy is 3 months old today Omg it is going so quick
    Jess ~ i'm so glad little Patrick is feeling a tad better i,m thinking of you both
    Jodie ~ i hope little shaun starts to feel better soon too i'm also thinking of you both
    big hi to everyone else

angelique Guest

how is everyone lately?

im getting used 2 only 4 hours sleep per night now. That is sad isnt it?

does any1 not believe in rocking ur baby 2 sleep. mine has fits when i let her self settle. it is so hard 2 know what 2 do

Hi ange

i say you do what fits with you both if rocking is what settles little miss Kat and your happy to do it why not they are only little for such a short time
    me personally i don't rock ryan to sleep not because i don't want to but because i can't phyiscally

Jodie259 Guest

Home from hospital today. It's a relief to have him home. I was in a room with three others - and two of them snored louder than the babies scream.
    Bellasmum - I really feel for you! My little one was able to have the oxygen up his nose - but the next day he ripped it out of his nose, and off his head all byhimself. His oxygen level wa 93 at the time - and if it was 92 he would have to go back on oxygen. There was a 4 week old baby in my room who also had bronchialitis. She was so tiny!

The problem with Shaun was that he couldn't keep his milk down. He's normally on 125ml every 3-4 hours. So they tried 60ml every 2 hours. Then 40ml, then down to 30mls every 2 hours! He was able to keep that down from midnight. So now I'm onto two hourly feeds - and I'm increasing the amount a little at a time.

on another note... I purchased a baby sling from eBay last week. It has no buckles or adjustments (and was really well priced). And it's great! Shaun loves being close to my body, and would often sleep in it. After hours and hours in the sling, my back aches a bit... but it is worth it! It also free'd up my hands to be able to type (on the 'puter). I've got a couple of baby carriers and whilst the others are easier on my back - the baby is sitting upright in front and it made it difficult to do anything.

He is also very lethargic, and goes to sleep really easily. So hopefully he will inherit some good sleeping habits from this experience.

On the subject of sleep... I had been contacted by A Current Affair to do a story on babies with problem sleeping (as mentioned here on BB). I had emailed BB about Shaun, and I was selected for the story. They would put cameras in my house, interview us, then Pinky would give her advice, and we would try it out. But now that Shaun is sick, they wanted to start filming today - and they couldn't wait. I am so disappointed as I really wanted to resolve his sleep issues - but his health is so much more important.

The other "must have" product I've got is a small bottle warmer that I put beside my bed. Then I heat his 4am bottle, and change his nappy - without getting out of bed (he sleeps in a basinette in our room at the moment).

What are the indespensible items that you have used with your newborns?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast