Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Jess ~ I'm glad Pat may be home soon. Sending you lots of hugs!!

Shazz ~ That pic of Ryan is just adorable!!! Good luck at the Target sale. I'm thinking of going myself. Not sure yet - I will decide when my alarm goes off tomorrow morning LOL.

Kim ~ LOL blue babies are not a good thing!!!

Vic ~ I'm glad your friend was strong - what a horrible dr! I'm still fuming LOL. I will be carefull with Pixi - I've heard both good and bad things... I think it depends on your local one from what I can gather!

With the pixi fotos do you take more then one outfit?? Or just the one? I've got no idea lol.

Alison ~ Thanks so much for the update on Sara. And a HUGE congrats to Sara!

Kellee Guest

Jess – wow, it sounds like you’ve really had a time of it lately, you poor thing. I really hope things pick up for you soon. It must be horrible to have a sick bub and then feel sick yourself. Fingers crossed he gets to come home soon.

Kim – sorry to hear that you haven’t been well, and poor DH too! Hooray for your pants! That’s awesome. Do you know how much you’ve lost, or how close you are to goal? I have about 10 kg to lose (I’ve lost two) and it’s taking FOREVER. I’d better have the weight off for this wedding in October! Wow, just read your post about IL. If I had the courage I would do what Vic suggested and tell it to them straight, but I’m a bit of a woos and I would break down and cry, so if it was me I would write a letter – an angry, well worded and completely justified letter. At least if you put down all your arguments rationally and on paper you have done everything you can and any further wrongdoing will be on their part (even though all the wrongdoing so far has been on their part too!). I am sending you lots of big cyber hugs, and DH too. It must be so hard for you both. And sorry to hear that Darcy was having an off day yesterday – hope it resolved itself ok and that DH started to help.

Alison – glad the needles went ok, even if you didn’t do so well! Sounds like you’ve got the flying thing sorted out. I bet he’ll be fine – I flew with Charlie when he was 9 months old and bf him on the way up and way down and he was fine (better than me because I have a fear of flying!). You’ll have such a wonderful time with your family, but it’s such a shame that your sister is going through some tough times. Divorces can be so horrible. Thanks for letting us know about Sara too – I was wondering where she was and was abit worried that something terrible may have happened.

Lea – lol at the wee catcher! That sounds really funny, but I bet it wasn’t funny at the time. Sounds like Em is doing fine anyway.

Mummy – no, don’t keep it to yourself, shout it from the rooftops! That’s very exciting about Phoebe sleeping, even if we are all turning green just thinking about it! Does she sleep through the day at all?

Vic – Yes, if you could post what worked for you with the colic – poor little Toby can get so sore sometimes. Omg at that doctor and your pg friend! Sounds like you did the right thing getting a second opinion. Hope Adam is feeling better soon. That’s awful. Sounds like you’re making the right decision to cut back on work – you don’t want to give yourself an ulcer, do you?

Sheree – re: bf – do you eat lots of protein? I find that helps with me – my supply is best on the days I have a couple of eggs for breakfast. You could try drinking soy milk too (lots of protein in that) or eating tofu? DH reckons that I worried about my supply dwindling every week that I bf Charlie, and every week I was able to bf him fine. Maybe Lachie is trying to build up your supply? I hope you sort out whatever it is soon so that you don’t have to worry anymore.

Jodie – poor little Shaun! Hope he’s feeling better soon.

Shazz – three months! OMG, where did that time go? Hope you were able to get a few bargains today.

DH has taken Charlie to see MIL because he’s got too much energy for his own good and keeps running around bumping into things. Of course, Toby is usually so ‘good’ when DH is here, but now that he’s gone and Mummy has a chance to catch up on housework (and BB!) he keeps waking up for some reason. I know he’s tired, but I don’t know what’s going on. I’m sure he’ll be fine. His colic is still not very good (I had been trying not to eat green veg and forgot last night and had zucchini by mistake, so last night wasn’t great) but it is starting to improve. He’s really screaming up a storm now – better grab him. Hope you’re all well.

Vic ~ Thanks for the Pixi Foto advice - its a big help. And even though Em doesn't have colic your story with Hayley was interesting - thank you so much for sharing. It must have been so hard being your first and all.

Kellee ~ Awwww poor Toby! I hope Charlie had fun on his outing with DH. The wee catcher was pretty funny LOL. It wasn't too hard but I did wonder how long it was going to take me and horror visions of having to go back in and admitting I couldn't catch a wee LOL!!

Not much happening here today - just relaxing around home and pottering about getting things organized. I'm going shopping tonight for a new computer monitor and then finishing off my tax. From next Thursday I'm going back to my aqua classes - next week is the week I'm going to start all things healthy LOL.- well so I keep telling myself. Its so hard to get motivated when its this cold!!! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

well good evening girls

gosh i'm buggered went to the target toy sale today we had a great day evrything ran smoothly arrived at7.40am and we were finished by 10.30 am no line up at layby at but we did miss out on a few of the things we were after but oh well we will survive
    Ryan got totally spoilt and i have just put him to bed so mummy is going to put her tired sore feet to bed also night every one

Oh Alison what a coincidence. I actually sent Sara an Email the other nite!! Glad to hear she's well.

Darcy managed to put on 100gms this week, so I feel better, especially seeing as I was sick and didn't think she was getting enough. I might wait a couple of weeks now to see how she goes.

I went to the toy sale too, but wasn't too excited. The layby line was huge and I just couldn't be bothered to save only a couple of dollars. Going to take DH back tomorrow to buy Darcy one of those play saucers with a gift voucher we got. I couldn't juggle it and the pram today. I still look like a learner with it LOL.
    Hope everyones got a nice weekend planned.

Kim ~ LMAO @ looking like a learner with the pram!! I am the same - I swear people know that I have a newborn before they even look in the pram! Good idea taking DH with you tomorrow!

Shazz ~ Sounds like you had a great time! Lucky you having no line up at layby!!

Well I'm back to work for a day week come next week! Well its actually only 4 hours (on Sundays) LOL but its still work. Not really sure how I feel about it yet. The thought of HAVING to be there doesn't sit well with me but I'll be fine though! It'll be nice to have the extra money! I just had a great time with Emerson singing 'My Blue Jeans' LMAO - I'm a terrible singer but the Kmart jeans ad came on and I was singing along and Em was laughing at me LOL so I kept doing it and he kept smiling and gurgling hehe. Then when I stopped he got mad LOL!!! Im babbling now LOL so I think I'll wrap it up!!

Night girls!!

Thanks to everyone for reassuring me about flying with Cooper. I am soooo excited about going, I dont think I have been this excited to go home in the 4 years that I have lived in Melbourne. I guess I am looking forward to showing off my beautiful boy.

Kim, great news about Darcy putting on weight. Are you over your food poisoning yet? I know what you mean about getting around with prams in shops. I struggle daily with a pram in the supermarket, trying to steer it and carry a basket full of groceries. Not a pretty sight. I will organise a money order for you this week, so dont think I have forgotten you. I think of you when I bath Cooper now, I love the bedtime bath stuff, smells so good.

Vic, that was such an interesting story about Hayley and her colic. I admire all mums with colicy babies. It must be so hard in every way, emotionally, physically and mentally. I dont think I would survive it.

Kellee, sorry to hear Toby is suffering with colic. I hope it gets better really soon.

I started my mothers group today. It's for first time mums and goes for 8 weeks, 2 hours every Thursday. There were 7 mums there, and they seem nice. Cooper was well behaved, and they all commented on how placid he is. We cover different topics each week, and I am particularly interested in child CPR and first aid (hope its not the week I am away). Most of us are in the same boat, having not lived in the area for very long and dont know many people. I hope to make some friendships out of it as I would like a friend that I didnt meet through DH. It is so hard moving interstate and leaving behind friends and family. His friends are lovely, but its not the same.

Hope you are all well,

SNAP Alison!! We posted at the same time LOL. It must be so exciting flying home to show off your gorgeous little boy!!! When are you going? I just checked out your website and OMG Cooper is just adorable!!! You must be so proud! You've got some great photos in there! And I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before but you have exactly the same Winnie the Pooh stickers that I have! And you have the big Pooh straight above the change table exactly like mine! Do you find that it catches Coopers eyes? Em catches it every now and then and he has the biggest grins when he sees it LOL. And I know exactly what you mean about making new friends. When I split from my husband early last year all my friends were his... so I obviously ended up with none. It has taken me a long time to make new friends though I must admit that having a baby has opened up new doors for me and I'm meeting some lovely people and their children which has been great.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,
    Well like (baby dreams) I too have read all of your posts and yes have forgotten what I have read....I have a fussy little miss on my lap and I have yet to master the art of one handed typing. I am sitting here and enjoying a packet of Arnotts Mandarin Slice...mmmmm too good!! I put them in my husbands lunch bag as I knew that if they were in the house I would consume the entire packet, BUT retreived them and I don't think they will survive the night. LOL

Lea ~ you don't have to purchase the entire package, just the poses that you like...

Take Care X

Thanks Mummy its good to know. The pic of Phoebe on your ticker is adorable BTW. LOL at the Mandarin Slice biscuits hehe!! Up at the same as me again I see LOL.

Jodie ~ I just found your website link (duh - and to think I'm a mod LOL) And little Shaun is just gorgeous! His cheeks are just huge aren't they?? Your renovations look AMAZING and you both looked so in love at your wedding you lucky thing!

I'm still just lurking around LOL. Waiting for my little man to go to sleep! I'm trying to update my site but it won't let me log in!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Lea ~ thank you, I too am lurking around waiting for my little miss to drift off to the land of nod. She is usually asleep long before now. I have had a mild virus this week and I am hoping that she isn't coming down with it. I have noticed today that she doesn't have that distinctive baby cry anymore...it is still there a little but not as strong. *sigh*.

Well my little man is asleep so I spose I should go to bed too. Just have to finish sterilizing those bottles I think! I hope Phoebe doesn't come down with it and I hope you're feeling better to! Nothing like feeling lousy in winter LOL! I noticed that with Em a few weeks back. I've even noticed that when he's really frustrated he has such an angry little cry! (or should I say loud cry!) He is getting such character now! I'm off to bed now! Nighty night girls!

Lea, thanks for the comment on Cooper. He is adorable, but I am VERY biased. I had a look at Ems photos, and I just love the last shot of him smiling. Makes you melt doesn't it. He is such a cutey. I also like those hats he has on in the first shot (I think), what brand are they? One of the bubs had one on today and they are so cute...must get one.

OK, back to feeding.

I didn't want to post last night as I was so disappointed! For the past 4 days we have ben told that Pat would be coming home either Wednesday or Thursday. Well we got up there yesterday to find his monitor had been taken off, so we thought he must be coming home...no dice!The doctor came in after me waiting 4 hrs to talk to her!She said he wasn't coming home because they wanted to start demand feeding him again...WTF! Can't I do that?

oh Jess I'm so sorry they are giving the run around but i'm so glad little Patrick is doing better

angelique Guest

Hi Ladies,

Hope you and all your babies are well. Thanks for all the advice given. I am so new to this and still very paranoid about everything I do. I must burn all those books which make me feel guilty.

I have another delema, my little one is not feeding as much as she used to and I weighed her yesterday and she only put on 100g (this is all she put on in 2 weeks). I was very worried and the sister told me to give it a week and come back and see if she has put on anymore. Katerina tends to posit after every meal and never finishes her whole bottle. Should I go to the Paediatrition or wait a week? Just another worry yet again to add to the list.

Vic, thats not cheating, that is being wise Glad you had some help. I can't begin to imagine how hard it would be with 4 kids, and a sick one to add to it. You amaze me.

Angelique, I have no advice because I too am new to it all and would have no idea. If you are worried try calling the maternal and child health line and see what they suggest. I have called them about Cooper and they were very helpful.

Jess, I am sorry Patrick isn't coming home just yet. Just try and remember he is being cared for and will be home before you know it. It must be such a strain emotionally. 'hugs'

Vic, that's so not cheating - cheating is hiring a sitter and going to bedall night.

Ang - repeat after me, "I am a good mum who's doing the best she can. I need to take a deep breath and chill". Darcy did exactly the same thing. Burn those bl**dy books. You don't weigh the same every week either. You are doing a great job!!! I know how hard it is with one that never sleeps....

Have to finish this later, someon else doesn't want ot be at the puter.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast