Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #4

Thanks Nat. I actually just put her in her cot and shoved the dummy in (did I mention my bad day) and she's been quiet. Too scared to check if she's asleep or not, but I'm off to eat, washup and then go to bed.

Hi everyone,

Jayden and I went shopping today - it was only meant to be an iced chocolate with SIL and some food shopping but we ended up getting photos taken $600 for the entire package, not sure how many you get but from what I saw of the photos I think I'm going to want them all!! Anyway my quick shopping trip last 10am til nearly 4pm!!

Lea: How do they test lactose intolerance on babies? It crossed my mind when Jayden was born as he was throwing up all the time and losing weight but the vomiting is starting to settle and he's putting on weight so lactose intolerance wasn't the problem.

BF was something I wanted to do but if it didn't happen it didn't worry me, but becuase we have overcome so many problems it would be a waste now to give up now although DP tells me nearly every day to just put him on formula - I just ignore him tho haha.
    Emerson is a gorgeous name, not one you hear often. Thats what we wanted was a name that wasn't too common, Jayden was popular but I haven't seen it around too much lately (although after he was born I have noticed it a bit more).

Thanks for the welcome Scrappyfish and Kellee

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Tannis ~ Welcome to BB, Congratulations on the birth of Jayden. A little bit of info on me, I will be hitting the dirty 30's in a couple of days and my DH hitting the naughty 40's later this year....he says that we are going to be a dirty and naughty pair lol. We have 2children Samuel (almost 3) and Phoebe (almost 3 months) both born by C-Section, We been married for 5 years and together for 9. I am a keen scrapbooker and love being a SAHM. Looking forward to getting to know you better...

Scrappy ~ hope your day is better tomorrow, we all have bad days...it goes with the territory. I hope things start to improve with the IL's.

Lea ~ hope the daytime sleeping continues....I have the odd day that Phoebe doesn't sleep very well (mmmm like today), it can be very frustrating at times....we all need a break and have some me time.

Jodie ~ Phoebe isn't a real fan of the evenings either, from about 4pm-8pm she is quite unsettled, but eventually wears herself out and goes to sleep. Good to here that the settling techniques seem to be working. I swaddle Phoebe still, I find it does help quite a bit with self settling, but not always. If I don't swaddle/wrap her, any movement that she makes with her arms, wakes her.

Kellee ~ LOL @ you officially dislike me, I had my fair share of restless, sleep deprived nights with Samuel so it makes for a pleasant change with Phoebe. Phoebe has days where she feeds 2-3 hourly, usually towards the end of the day. It's as if she is trying to get as much into her as possible so she can sleep all night, which isn't a bad thing, it just makes it hard because it is right around the time (4pm-8pm) when I am trying to organise tea, having tea and putting Samuel to bed. Some days I need to clone myself just to get everything done between those times. Phoebe gets such a big feed in the morning as she has gone so long without a feed and I get chance to fill right up, and she is so happy and content after that feed, but of course I don't get to fill up like that again during the day and sometimes she wants more, but there just isn't any there. I have thought about giving her a formula feed at the end of the day, just to fill her right up, but I am in two minds about going ahead or not. I prefer to exclusively BF her until she is on solids at least.

Phoebe didn't sleep all that well today and I just sat there on the lounge most of the day (well that's what it felt like) just feeding and cuddling her to sleep. My house looked like a bomb had hit it and I reckon I could have just about cried. DH got home from work early and could see that I was a little frustrated and so he did a quick tidy up for me....he is such a gem, just doing that little bit for me, made such a difference and improved my mood dramatically LOL.

Hope everyone is well.....Take Care X

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks Mummy....your going to have a very interesting decade ahead of you as the dirty and naughty pair LOL DP turns 30 soon too (ooo I might get more kids after all LOL).

Wednesday night Jayden went to sleep at 8.30pm of course I wasn't tired and went to bed at around 11pm. Although he's been sleeping through the night I had a feeling he wouldn't that night......3am we woke for a feed. 4am we got back to sleep.....6am we woke again for a feed 7.30am he went back to sleep, I didn't bother going back to sleep. Last night was perfect, he was asleep by 10.20pm and woke at 6.40 this morning. The only problem I have at the moment is Jayden won't go to sleep on his own or with anyone else but me, he had been doing it almost since birth but lately he has been very clingy...I would have thought 9 weeks was a bit early for that??

Nope Tania, Darcy screams for everyone else.

Just had to let you all know, while we were still awake three times last night, I was able to wrap her, put her in her cot, pat a few times and she went to sleep by herself - TWICE!!! Heres to an improvement! Feel great this morning. I was so ready for her to scream straight away that I started to scrapbook, but she didn't. She's even asleep now with the ****ie talking in her ear.

Hi every body

Hi Tania and welcome bit of me of info on me I'm Shazz I'm 31( ) i've been married to Dh for 12 years and have been together 16 years we have a 11 year daughter and a 8 year old son and now ryan i'm just a ring in these days our little man was induced 3 weeks early on the 18th of april but if i didn't come and post here i would miss these wonderful ladies too much and i'd be lonely for sure look forward to getting to know you a bit better

Tannis ~ OMG @ the shopping trip!! $600!?!?! Nice work TBH I have a huge family history of lactose intolerance which my GP knew about when he was showing all the signs we just popped him onto the special formula and he was fine instantly. I had thought that they would test but they were happy to diagnose based on family history. From here on in we have to keep testing him with normal formula to see if he has started to grow out of it. I didnít grow out of it for years and neither did my brother but my mum grew out of it pretty fast. Em bowels were the victims! He was going about 8 times a day and screaming before he went each time the poor thing! And I think Emerson is a gorgeous name as well!!

Kim ~ WTG Darcy Ė your little girl is growing up!!! Settling herself TWICE during the night Ė you must be so happy and proud!! Youíve done it your way and its working!!! Yay for you both Kim!!!

Vic ~ You are def right about sites like this. Being a first time mum I get so much help and reassurance from you girls. Its great. My mum keeps wondering why I havenít called her asking questions yet lol.. Thatís so cute with Mel being fascinated with the smilies!! And very cute of her to help with your post!!

Shazz ~ LOL at being a ring in!! Do you ever pop into the babies born in April? How is Ryan going these days??

Mummy ~ Good to hear your DH helps out the sweety! I think we all get those days with out little ones! Em is still working out his routine. Heís been awake since 10 and has just had another bottle but doesnít seem tired at all. We will get there eventually Iím sure! LOL @ you being the dirty and naughty pair! DP turns 30 in NovemberÖ any present ideas?

What new things have everyoneís babies been doing?? Last night Em was in DPís arms and kept leaning towards me because he wanted to be with me LOL. I (of course) thought that was just great! He has also started the fist jamming into his mouth now LOL and realizes when Iím about to feed him so he stops crying! Our tummy time still isnít always successful. The little so and so loves to roll back onto his back!!! Grrrr!! I did buy the Playskool Tummy Time Together Gym with has been great as it gives him something to look at and he grins and laughs at it. But tummy time still doesnít last longer then a few minutes Ė 5 at the most. His neck control is excellent though so Iím not worried!!

Well today the plan was to go for a walk and get a few things done. The rain has killed that ideaÖ I would still go but everything I need to do I need to walk between LOL so I guess Monday should be fine seeing as I have a BB meet up tomorrow and Iím back at work on Sunday. So today I think I will try to either read my book or do some scrap bookingÖ I also have to finish the washing (to be hung inside hehe) and do some finances and filing. I still havenít lodged my tax yet and its irritating me I just want to get it done! First thing though Ė I need to eat!!! Will pop back later and see if anyone has been in!

Kellee Guest

Jodie Ė I think we were all petrified when we came home, even if it wasnít the first time! Itís par for the course, Iím afraid. Iím glad you got something out of sleep school Ė I have heard mixed reports about them so Iím happy that it worked for you. Re: swaddling Ė we did it with Charlie and it was a nightmare to wean him off it, but a MCHN showed us a way to snuggle Toby up without having to swaddle him and he loves it. It involves getting a big towel, rolling it in from each end so thereís a nice little space in the middle for him so it props him up and he doesnít roll over, then putting him in, making it tight and wrapping a blanket around the whole thing and leaving his arms out. Heís nice and warm and feels all snug without having to be wrapped. Works for him, anyway.

Kim Ė gosh, I hope you got some sleep after your post yesterday morning! And I canít believe the outlaws. Darcy is YOUR daughter Ė they had their chance to parent when they had their kids. I really feel for you guys, it must be hard. Sounds like Darcy is really starting to get the hang of self settling Ė thatís great!

Lea Ė sounds like you had nice day yesterday. What did DH cook for dinner? I have to know Ė Iím a bit of a foodie. Yesterday I made a Jaffa cake (orange cake with chocolate ganache) and today I made brownies and coffee cake. They were superb. I wish you guys lived closer so I could have you all over for morning tea!

Tania Ė I have never been game to get one of those photo sessions done because I know I would want them all too and we canít afford it! I bet theyíll be gorgeous Ė can you post some somewhere for us to see when you get them? Glad you had a nice day out.

Mummy Ė LOL at dirty 30s and naughty 40s. What do you say for 20s? Yes, I wish I could clone myself too. DH is going back to work next week and he has late starts which means he wonít get home until 8. Donít know how Iíll put them both to bed on my own! I have the same dilemma with the bf/ff thingÖ I always worry about my supply and it always turns out to be fine. If she starts waking through the night for no apparent reason then maybe you can think about it then, but sounds like youíre being a legend with everything atm. IKWYM about the houseÖ if mine isnít tidy I turn into a maniac and I canít sit still. Although Iím doing a good job of letting it go atm while I write on here!

Vic Ė glad to see another one who was married young. I was married at 20 and I still only know one other married couple around my age. Weíre the first to have kids too so it gets a bit lonely around here sometimes! Hello to mel too Ė sheís a very good typist!

Well Iím one handed typing atm Ė itís hard! I had a rehearsal just now and DH had to look after both of the kidsÖ now he knows what my days will be like everyday from next week! Heís been wonderful around here while heís been on holidays. Iíll really miss him when he goes back. Oh well, it will be an interesting challenge! Havenít been able to walk yesterday or today Ė yesterday I had to cook a gourmet meal for 12 (at mumís for some friends of hers) and itís raining today and Iím a bit tired, so I just donít feel like it! That means that Iíll have to get on the exercise bike tonight or Iíll have three days of exercise to make up. Bugger. Toby went well last night Ė heís starting to stretch out a bit between feeds, which is great.

Anyway, it seems that I am wanted! Hope youíre all having a lovely day.

Hi Everyone,

Scrappy: Well done with Darcy, I hope she keeps it up for you. Hopefully soon you won't have to get up at all and she will settle herself.

Neverplan: Thanks for the welcome. In a way I love it that Jayden needs me but its frustrating when I'm trying to cook dinner or in the middle of something.....Especially when DP is sitting on the computer or watching TV and not helping!! haha Your only 3 hrs away, I could send Jayden down to teach Adam to sleep LOL. He's been sleeping through the night for nearly 2 weeks, there has been maybe 2 or 3 nights since that he hasn't slept through, I have been very lucky I think but I have heard of babies that have been sleeping through almost since birth!!

Shazz: Thanks! If you weren't induced Ryan would have been a May baby. You and DP have been together for a long time, DP and I have been together for 9 years and engaged twice......not sure when we are getting around to the wedding, one day we will but its hard as we lived in Melbourne for nearly 8 years together and all his family were in Bundaberg and now we have moved to Bundaberg but all my family and friends are in Melbourne. The first time DP proposed was not even 2mths after we met and he wouldn't let me tell anyone, so a few years later I made him buy me a new engagment ring LOL (he should have just let me tell ppl would have been cheaper for him).

Lea: I haven't bought the photos yet, DP nearly had a heart attack when I told him how much it is haha I did get 2 keyrings @ $7 each and you pay $7 and get one photo (can't remember what size though) I have about 3 weeks to work on DP so I can get them all haha. Poor Em with all that poo!!! Jayden hardly poos at all once or twice every couple of days (farts like a trooper tho hehe).

Kellee: We can't really afford it either but I just couldn't help myself, I know they suck you in to get the lot and they succeeded with me LOL They said if I buy the whole package and pay a deposit of $185 I can't take the photos home with me and they will take installments out of my account, still the same amount but maybe a bit more managable. I'll try to get them scanned so I can show everyone (ooo I can't wait!)

We had a good day today, I got a couple of friends to come over to look after Jayden while I went into town to do a few things. He had a little play under his play gym and has just slept and ate all day. SIL and niece were here and helped me do some housework and went out to get me some lunch.....we haven't done much but it was a very relaxing day.
    My poor dogs have to stay outside for a long time though as its been raining heaps and the backyard is flooded, no doubt they have been playing in it all afternoon haha
    I'm typing 1 handed now, Jayden is crying for a feed so I better do it before he screams the house down.

Hope u all had a great day

Thanks girls. i definitley needed a cheersquad yesterday. I've been out all day with Mum and my nephew. We went to the Koala Park and then did some shopping for my baby bro who is finally moving out officially (he's been in the Navy about 5 years). Fed Darcy there and came home, wrapped her and she's put herself to sleep in the cot!!! Yayayay I don't suck as much as I thought I did.

I finally thought of some things I can't live with out (yeah I know it was a long time back) - my baby bjorn, my jogging stroller and my Winnie the Pooh cot light. This is my fave. It doesn't give off much light but it's tied to the cot side and you touch his foot. He turns off after 10min and Daarcy has been looking at him to go to sleep.

Oh and Tania I am 28, DH is 31ish (nearly 32) we were married in 2004 and we both work for the govt. They are paying me to stay home until March when I will decide. Like Mummy I am an avid scrapbooker and photographer, we also love to travel so it ties in nicely. This is my first year without an os holiday for nealry 5 years....oh well, I am making DH take me to Fiji for my 30th.

Rambling, see you all later.

Oh and very excited going to meet up with some of the local BB members at the end of August - can't wait as none of my friends have kids.

Kim~ Yay for Darcy hopefully she'll keep up the great work for you

Kellee ~ re swaddling i think we may have to start weaning ryan out of being swaddled it is the only way we get at nice deep sleep out of him i might give the towel trick a try. The wedding we have to go to is the end of sept so a little ways a way and i have at least 9 - 10 kg to lose i had a real bender today i had darryl lea choccies and a iced coffee and then some more choccies watching Big Brother naughty naughty well i'll just have to work harder ( i so need boot camp )

Tania ~ yay on the 2 engagement rings i was flat out getting one out of my darling hubby hahha tight arse he is doesn't believe in speending $$ on jewellery

Lea ~ i do pop in to the april thread but it just isn't the same i don't know any one i have tried to join in conversations but i feel like i shouldn't be there weird i know ... it's probably just me being a dofus.. but i rather like it here

Vic ~ Hi
    and a big to every one else i've missed i'm off to bed before i fall over and sleep where i fall have a great weekend everyone

I've just updated my website with a new photo gallery thingy and I'm not sure if I've done it right. Could someone check for me please if it comes up?
    Cheers, off to bed for me too.

Darcy is gorgeous hun!
    Patrick has catnapped all day! I hope he sleeps most of the nightLast night he slept from 10pm to 3am so hopefully the same tonight!

Kim ~ the photos of Darcy are gorgeous and i loved the professional one of you and Cam when you were pg i never even thought to do a shot of the 2 of us together

Jodie259 Guest

Kellee: re: Swaddling... ages ago we purchased an anti-roll thing for the baby... for when he co-sleeps with us. Its like a mat with two padded triangles on each side (which happens to be adjustable as he grows).
    The sleep centre said it was 'okay' to put the baby on the side to sleep - especially if he has colic - and ideally to roll him onto his back once he fell asleep. And when you think about it - if you are hugging your baby to sleep they are on their side - so they do like the side position. Anyway, we realised Shaun likes to go to sleep on his side... so at first we tried a towel, but then we put him into the rolly thing - in his basinette. And he has dropped off to sleep every time! It keeps him snug (like your towel idea). I have his arms out, and above his head where he loves it.

I guess the main thing I got from the sleep school is to try to put him in his basinette/cot when he is getting sleepy (rather than trying to get him to sleep in our arms). Also to really notice his sleepy signs and understand that he doesn't want to be held then. And when we put him to bed, to rock and pat him and 'sshh, sshh' until he drops off (which isn't too long now). He has been sleeping better during the day, and now is much better in his feral times in the evenings. And for the last two nights, we have had a 5 hour block of sleep (10pm - 3am). Bliss!!!

Pinky McKay came over to my house today for the "Current Affair" filming. She taught me some massage to help with his colic, and gave me a few ideas. She is ssssoooooo lovely!!!! We (baby, hubby, stepmum, sister & I) went to her baby massage class as well. Shaun was so well behaved & I was so proud of him! ACA are coming back on Tuesday to do an interview with me. But I'm not sure when it will go to air as they want more babies. I'll let you know!

neverplan: thanks for the info/help with formula feeding. And I was shocked to hear that your milk pours out' onto a towel. My god... I would express for an hour and lucky if I got 10mls!!!! Thus the reason I have to bottle feed. There's definately no milk flowing from my boobies! At no point in my pregnancy did my boobs increase.

lea13: new things my bub been doing: learnt how to splash his feet in his bath (got daddy all wet!). He's discovered his hands and sucks them all the time. He really notices the toys on his play mat now and hits them with his hands. And today he rolled from his tummy to his back by himself. He's smiling in response to things so much more now.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Last edited by Jodie259; July 29th, 2006 at 01:26 PM.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hi and Welcome Tania! My name's Beck and my hubby Scott and i have been married since March 2005, been together since 1st Jan 2000 (we met on NYE). Our gorgeous little girl, Jovi Lee, was born 4 May.

After a few false starts with weight and switching from breast to bottle, Jovi is finally putting on weight. She's been wearing her 000 jumpsuits since June long weekend basically. I think she should be in them for another month or so yet. Shirts and jumpers she still wears 0000 as all the ones we have seem really big. And all the 000 ones seem like they should be 00 at least. Sizings are stupid.

Last night was exciting ... Scott decided that he wanted to go to the hospital for some pain killers or something (he has a bad back ... bulging disc + other stuff going on). We got there about 6:45pm. By 9:20ish I'd had enough and asked how much longer (by this stage, everyone that was there before us had gone in and all of a sudden someone skipped ahead ... not impressed). We were told that there were 3-4 ahead of us (WTF!!) and that it would be a while longer. Low and behold however 5 minutes later they called Scott. Bloody idiots! He ended up getting some pain killers and I tried to get him an appointment with the specialist, but he has to wait until 6 Sept! totally insane ... not to mention the $150 fee he charges!! Better be medicare rebated! Luckily Jovi behaved really well at the hospital all night. Slept half the time, did a dirty nappy which wasn't fun as we didn't have any disposables handy and she had on the cloth ones (which she would normally wear anyway, but we chuck her in disposables if we go down the street etc). Luckily the poo was fairly contained to the liner and didn't actually get on the nappy much ... would've been a stick-fest then ... lol

Well, she may have behaved at the hospital but once we got home around 10 is was time for her LAST bottle before bed. But of course she decided to be difficult and didn't go back to sleep. Ended up it was 1:30am, she wanted another bottle and then I think we got to bed around 2-2:30am. Not fun people! Granted we didn't get up till 10am, but I think that's fair enough! lol ...

She's feeding really well ... yesterday she had a couple of big bottles ... we had only been making up 150ml but twice yesterday she wanted more ... her bottle around 3ish ... she ended up drinking 240ml the little piggy! then she drank a full 150ml before we went to the hospital and another 180ml when we got home. So today I ended up making her 180ml and she's drank all her bottles today, except the first one, but she had half. Although its not surprising considering what she had yesterday! lol

She's even had a taste of food this week! Tried her with a little of Farex ... I think she likes it but it doesn't have much taste and she's not quite sure what she thinks of it. She rolls it around and around her tongue ... so funny ... and yesterday I was eating a honey sandwich, so I stuck my finger in it and stuck it in her mouth ... she loved it! She instantly started laughing and smiling ... I think she's got a bit of a sweet "tooth" lol

She also had her first shower yesterday (I was waiting till she had a bit more meat on her and was easier to hold) ... she looked a little confused but she didn't cry and seemed to enjoy herself. Was actually much easier for me to wash her and her hair. Once her feet hit the water in the bath she's off and wriggling and tries to swim away and kicks like crazy. Bath time is hard on mummy, but she absolutely loves it!

Well ... that's about it and I really should be in bed! She's been a sleep for a few hours and one wonders why I never go to bed when she does! lol Will definitely have to next week WHEN I GO BACK TO WORK! I'm so going to miss not being able to jump back into bed if I want to ...

Talk to you soon ...

Good morning ladies!
    Early morning here so I thought I would say hi.
    Jack went on his first(and his last he informed me!) camp during the week.He went to Anglesea for 3 days and while he had a lot of fun, he was happier to get home!
    Thats all from me atm. See ya

Thanks Jess, I guess it works then. And thanks for the compliment!!

Baby crazy, I am emergency trained and know what it's like on the other side. We don't like it much either cos we don't make the rules and can't shoo away the idiots that rock up for fun (well they say they are sick). How do you find the cloth nappies? I have some but am too scared. I have blowouts in the disposables, can't imagine what it would be like with no elastic...how often do you change her?

Well, do you think Darcy is unwell? Today for the first time she has decided she wants a sleep during the day! She is currently unwrapped and sleep in her cot!!! Has the sky turned green or something? She slept until 2 this morning, fed and up 1/2hr then straight back to bed until 6. This is a kid who thinks 4.30 is a good time to be awake every day. I SO hope this continues, but it will probably change next week.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast