Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #47

Ohh but in saying that he ate well for a good week and we thought he had turned a corner, this week has been atrosich, hopefully next week is a good one again.

Mel rarely eats dinner, never really has. Doesn't bother me too much, she prefers fruit to an actual dinner meal. Adam, eats like a pig though LOL. I fill my kids up heaps for breaky and lunch.

sheree - glad you feel supported in here

Arch had 1 yucky poo last night but other than that no other signs of illness, apart from a bit of a temp and not sleeping well at all, he is exhausted now and constanty chucks tanys because of it. He is so clingy to me too which is driving me up the wall a bit! He fell backwards and banged his ear on the windowsill last night, this morning hehas a really awful dark purple bruise on his ear

Playgroup tomorrow so i hope he wakes up in the morning feeling good again so we can get out of the house

Elissa - Lachlan didn't have many runny poos either, so they must just fight most of it off with the temp and the shakes/shivers. Hope you get sum relief for tomorrow's playgroup.

I think it has got to do with the the fact everyone here knows where we have been and where we don't want to go back to. It is so easy for people to say to me just give him the milk, whereas you guys understand that we can't go back there!

We went to a feeding clinic well over a month now and the mungrels ring me this morning and say - we can offer you an appt for Tuesday. What tha.... we live 3 hours away!! This clinic were meant to follow up with me the week after our appt, we had an appt for them to ring me at home at 8.30am in the morning and I never heard from them and that was 4 weeks ago. I told the lady that we were disappointed that no-one rang as previously organised and we were just battling it out by ourselves and seriously I can't just drop everything and be in their for an appt on Tuesday with such short notice!!! Grrr... some people!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by shereejoy; March 6th, 2008 at 10:46 AM.

Well did they offer you another appointment? That's not on. SUrely they'd have your address on your papers or figure out by your phone number that you aren't local....

Just for future reference. The shivers they get are called rigors (r- eye - gors). When they get really hot, the goosebumps give their skin more surface area and the shivers are so the airs flows around their body. So that the air cools their body and is caught across the greater surface area therefore cooling them down through a larger area for perspiration cooling. Often why they're clammy at the same time....soory. I have lots of useless info....

Nope Kim, I basically just told them I wasn't interested in the appt on Tues cause I was disappointed they didn't follow up and call me when they said they would, just said we are working thru the issues ourselves.

Nah not useless information, that is interesting thanx.

sheree - Sounds like Archie has the exact same symptoms as lachlan did, he has had this type of thing a few times now, its like he almost gets sick but his body just manages to fight it off, thank goodness.

kim - thanks for the interesting info, i have read that before i reckon, thanks for the refresher

I don't think Archie is unwell anymore, now im sure its just tiredness, all day he has been so tired but has refused to sleep, til 4pm he just woke after 20 mins sleep crying and calling out for me, he was only half awake though. I am SO over being his parent today

It doesn't help that i am royally p!ssed off at a so-caled friend.....anyway, i'll go and vent about that in the boo hoos

Ohhh big hugs Elissa.

They are really fighting sleeps these days huh!

And I do agree, the last 2 illnesses Lachlan has had in the last month, I really think he has got it quite milk compared to the usual full blown illness. They must be developing a bit of immunity and fighting it off really well. Bout bloody time I say. We have had so many sicknesses since moving here. Just in the last monthish he has had that viral skin reaction, some dirreha bug and now he has a cold. The last two have been more mild then usual though.

sheree - oh im so glad Archie isn't the only one fighting sleep, i really was beginning to doubt my parenting skills and thought i was doing something wrong. Just called parent helpline and they said, it sounds like he is just trying to give up the day sleep, not really a lot i can do about it, just ride it out

He is sleeping but has woken 3 times and screamed for ages like he's half asleep, gave him Panadol he is all sweaty again, who knows, might book him into the GP tomorrow just give him the once over and get some peace of mind

Good idea Elissa, that is probably why he isn't sleeping too. I always take lachlan to the doc just for peace of mind.

Archie slept through last night, i didn't hve to get up to him once!! He has been happy as larry this morning, he and Jay have just gone to bed for a sleep, hopefully he actually does go to sleep today

WOw it's been a sloooow weekend in here.
    Wish mine had been.
    You know when everything happens at once and then you look back and go "holy cow that was a big week".
    We started researching building a house this week. We spoke to a few people on Thursday.
    Then we spoke to someone about a second mortgage and weren't real hopeful. THey said we could have $110000 more than we needed.
    All of a sudden we've got a block of land (no joke) and put a deposit on a house...
    Then there was the vomiting that put Darcy in hospital overnight last night with a drip. She started at 5.30pm yesterday but was still running around. By 7.30 she was flat, could hardly lift her head or open her eyes and had spewed upwards of 30times. With increasing blood in each one I was worried she'd accidentally poisoned herself. So I rang the poisons hotline and we ended up in hospital. She was so good, but I really don't think she had any fight left. We also had to see that idiot doctor that didn't diagnose her terrible tonilitis, so I made sure the nurses knew and all was sweet.
    This morning she's as right as rain except for refusing food - and who could blame her.
    At 4pm today we're off to sign the contracts for our house.
    I need a rest.
    There is more but I'll let you all know later in the week...

More Kim.... how could there be more. hehe

Congrats on the land and house, that is fantastic news.

Bugger about little Darcy, wonder what happened, must have been a bug huh! Glad she is feeling a bit better today.

Wow kim thats a big weekend!! So are you building your dream house? hope Darcy improves poor pet she must've been so exhausted from all that spewing.
    We have had a pretty quiet weekend, DH went for a ride today for a couple of hours so Erin and i cleaned up the lounge room (the fun never stops here) tomorrow is my excursion to the bus and truvk museum and the tarmac tour of the airport which my class are at fever pitch about they are so excited.
    Last monday at 11.30pm my SIL (DH's sister) had her 1 st baby in Cairns, a boy 8lb 53cm long, Paddy (I guess I'll get used to it, not short for Patrick just Paddy)

oh it gets better, bought a house plan this arvie to build on it.....

Paddy...hmmm....I know someone that named their baby boy Dash......

How exciting Kim.

Christine - you have a busy day ahead of you then huh.

Well I slept for 2 hours this arvo, I thought I was getting better up until yesterday. Yesterday and today, but head has been thumping again and I am so tired. Seems only a sleep makes me feel better. This arvo Wade and I washed the car, so I was all good! I had this bug and tar remover. What wonderful stuff that is. Our car is now rid of tar and bugs - YAY!

Sheree- head on down here and do my car!!! (I have scratches everywhere DH gets REALLY p-edoff) I love a nanna nap I have one every day on the weekend!
    Kim- how many bedrooms??

wooohoooo kim how exciting you lucky girl i have beeen fighting the dweeb i'm married to all day to day over buying a new car because my ole clunker has nearly had it i'm so jealous

hi every one else

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast