Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #48

sheree - it takes at least an hour for Archie to go to sleep day or night, and i am going in there a few times to put him back to bed and try and convince him to sleep, so just know that Lachlan is not the only one, it must be an age thing i guess It must be frustrating that he gets sick so often now that he has started daycare, that is one of the things that puts me off atm, does he get over them fairly quickly? Maybe when Riley comes, you could have a rubber mallet next to Lachlan's cot and just give him a good whack over the head each night....LOL

Well yesterday it was from 1.30pm to 4pm b4 he went to sleep and then it was only 1/2 hour.

Lachlan has been sick so many times since he started daycare and that was a year ago now. I would hate to think how many illnesses we have had in that year. But I was just giving you an idea of this year alone. It is ridiculous.

Must be an age/phase thing, I just hope the gets over it quick smart!!!!

I had my midwife appt 2day, my blood pressure is still good at 110/70. Big change from my high blood pressure with Lachlan of 140/90.

I am measuring ahead it appears. She said I was measuring at 26 weeks and I have only just turned 25 weeks, so maybe this bub isn't as small as I was thinking??? Dunno, I never had anyone tell me my measurements b4. My gyno last time, never spoke much... hehe Soooo not sure what it all means.....

I always knew I was small in size with Lachlan and had a real big gut feeling he wasn't going to be big.

I must admit thats one of the reasons I chose FDC for Riley was the number of illnesses he'd get would be reduced cause its only 5 kids. At least by the time he goes to school he'll be immune to everything Sheree!! When I first started teaching i used to get sick all the time but now I am tough LOL (except the whole whooping cough thing!!) Actually when you change schools you often get sick again cause there are different strains of viruses.
    Sorry to babble on! I hope he starts sleeping better soon Sheree, Riley is still sleeping at last 3 hours a day but after having to feed him every 2 hours through the night until he was 12 months old I have decided I deserve it!!!! (not that you don't hun LOL) I don't know how you cope with a little one and work and being pg, you deserve a medal. I have only ever had biggger kids when pg, I just couldn't imagine coping with Riley and pregnancy at the same time, he is so full on ATM, he is so different from the girls.
    Elissa- has the weather got cooler yet? How is the dog going?
    Today I got 3 chocolate bunnies and a bilby from kids in my class. One little girl gave me some gorgeous earrings too, I am very spoilt, they are such a gorgeous class too.

Christine - thanks for your kind post, I really appreciate it. And yes 2 hourly feeding up till 12 months would suc, so yes you deserve for him to sleep now... What a beautiful class you have, you must be a gr8 teacher too. And yes I am def hoping he will be immune to everything later and is a very healthy child/adult. Now wouldn't that be nice. Even I was a sickly person up until 3 years ago, aways caught everything, but I must admit I am pretty good these days. Sometimes I am not sure I cope hehe. It is going away that stuffs me all the time, so being home for a while now has been gr8, as b4 I was always back to square one and always chasing my tail with catching up!!! I will still say I wish I had of had my first child when I was younger, as now I am forced to have them all close together and that is what I am scared of at times.....

I actually gave Lachlan a little phnergen today as I didn't want him fighting me to go to sleep when he so needs it being sick and his cough sounds terrible when he cries atm. It didn't totally do the trick, but it def relaxed him and he didn't protest and slept for a little bit.

sheree - yeah, we have days where it takes a couple of hours til he gives in and goes to sleep too, it is very stressful. I agree with Christine you deserve a medal! great that your bp is so good this time around, i was measuring 5 weeks ahead at one stage, i had a 9lb 6oz bub but still, 5 weeks ahead had me panicking thats for sure! Glad the Phenergen helped Lachlan relax, i have used Pain Stop a few times for the same reason.

christine - yep it has been 22 and 23 the last 2 days, perfect weather. our dog is going well, she was extremely anxious and timid when we got her in December, but just recently she has started waging her tail all the time and even coming inside for a sniff around, she is still very scared of men though, im thinking she has been abused by a man i love her, if i put enough time and effort and love into her i think she'll eventually come round. how cute that you got Easter presents, you must be a great teacher.

I bought Snugglers nappies this week, i used three nappies and Archie has these red raw marks on each bum cheek, like burns almost, tok the nappies backa nd got a refund at Coles and got some good old Huggies, i can't believe they caused sucha horrible reaction. He had the same thing a few months ago with Snugglers but i actually thught it was due to hot weather and his bum getting sweaty and yuck, took a month for his bum to get better!

Ohhh poor Archies bottom. Can't beat the good ol huggies. I love em esp when they are $30 a box.

Well we went an hour away to Emerald today and Lachlan got worse and worse as the day progressed, so Wade rung around and got us into the doc. Lachlan has an ear infection with an associated cold. So we are on antibiotics and ventalin sprays. Apparently the ventalin sprays help with the tickle in his throat by opening up the airways????? Anway worth a shot I guess.

I have all of a sudden put on 8kgs, eeek!! but I guess I am 25 weeks. I put on alot of fluid towards the end, but I so I don't reach 26kgs again, but I am sure I am still well under the weight at the same stage with lachlan.

Ventolin opens airways which are constricted, I often have to have it when I have a cough as I have asthma (mildly) it really helps.
    Poor pet with an ear infection no wonder he has been upset and not sleeping, it hurts worse when you lay down.
    I think I have put on 6kg this week Sheree!!! I have eaten too much chocolate already and theres still more!

Oh I am sure you haven't put on that much. I am sure my weight gain is associated to chocoalte too!!! I had hardly put on anything until just recently.

Yeah that ventolin is not cheap, we have 3 sprays and a spacer with antibiotics and i walked away $125 poorer. The doc did tell me to take my bank manager hehe Hope it works, the tickle in his throat is terrible. Apparently too, one ear has alot of fluid and the other (the left) is really infected.

Yikes at the cost Sheree! Hope he's feeling better soon the poor mite!

Lol Christine! Wish I could eat some chocolate....told Cam now to even worry about buying me any. :ms:

I agree with you about the dog Elissa. She'll just learn to trust you eventually.

Well my aunt and uncle are coing for the weekend today. Last thing I feel like. We have a big foodie festival here over Easter which should be great especially since it's a bit cooler (we have Elissa weather here too), but oh god I forgot how tired you get early on....

Well we have all just spent the night in hospital and hour away. Have you ever seen a pregnant women in the back of an ambulance with all the bumps.... The roads aren't so good our here. Wasn't fun.

Anyway I had given Lachlan panadol at 8.30pm and by 10pm his temp was still 39.3. We called the ambulance and he got a reading of 39.9 degrees. Lachlan was so lethargic and just burning up. The ambo wanted to take him to the hospital due to his history of convulsions. He cried for more then 1/2 the way in the ambulance, but he kept stopping to check his temp and it was of course starting to come down. Murphies Law..... Anyway he was fine by the time we got to the hospital and we just wanted to go home, now being midnightish. But the doc wanted to admit him for monitoring seeing as his temp was so high. But Lachlan had different ideas. He was way overtired and just hyper. There was no way we were going to get him to sleep in the ward and we didn't feel comfortable about it considering his nature at the time and the boy in our room was fast asleep. They ended up putting us in the red cross house. Took a while to get him to sleep with crying but atleast we didn't disturb anyone. He woke every hour from 2am when we finally got him down and we all slept till 9am of which we had just gotten a decent couple of hours sleep. He woke with a temp but only in the 38's. We were given the ok to take him home after the doc reassessed him. His ear infection has now gone to both ears and he seems to be developing a chest infection. We were just ordered to keep up with panadol/antibiotics and puffers from the doc at the hospital.

All this from just taking him to the doc yesterday due to his cough which he has had since Tuesday. Just seems it is all progressing (this virus) and he as usual fights it really bad with temps.... He is taking the ventalin sprays really well and we gave him another dose of antibiotics again when we got home. We all just had 2 hours sleep, feel alot better. Think it will be an early night.

Well that didn't all go to plan, this is one of the only days Wade gets off (being easter friday and christmas day) and we all planned to go to bed last night early and sleep in..... You know what they say about the best laid plans. We are all just relaxing now and doing nothing.

Lachlan is still sick, but we have it under control for now.

OMG sheree i hope he is feeling better soon

Kim ~ hope the morning sickness eases for you soon

sheree - i guess you had to weight on sooner or later, don't worry it wont be long now and Riley will be outta there and you'll be comfy again. Poor Lachlan, what a stressful night you guys had! $125 eeek!

kim - sorry you are still feeling bluergh, good to hear that you have a break in the weather too. Hope you don't get too exhausted with your visitors.

I got some type of gastro bug in the early hours of this morning it was the first time i have spewed in 4.5 years! i seem to be on the tail end of it now, have had a REALLY painful body all day though, it was awful. Jay took Archie to my sisters place for lunch and let me sleep for a few hours and mum has taken Archie for the night and Jay has gone back to my sister's to drink, poor lonely old me....nice and peaceful though!

You poor thing Elissa, in my eyes vomitting and ear aches are the worst thing ever..... I hardly vomit and when I do you really know I am sick. I got a bug when 36 weeks pregnant with Lachlan and OMG it was horrible hurling with this big tummy.... Hope you have a nice nite and feel better soon.

I went into pull up the sheet on Lachlan last night at about 10.30pm and I woke him and he was then hysterical and we couldn't settle him and put him back to bed, so the only way to settle him was put him in our bed. Tried draggin him out a few times and the same performance was put on, so Wade resorted to the lounge and Lachlan slept with me. Now I have woken with a sore throat grrrr...

Both Lachlan and I have only just shrugged our last colds a couple of weeks ago now grrr...

Anyway he woke every hour still but slept in till 8.30am for me, so that was most welcome. He wouldn't eat his brekky, but I eventually distracted him enuf to eat thankgod, otherwise this would be the 3rd day without eating much. Had dirreha this morning, prob from the antibiotics. I can handle that as long as it is not dripping out of his nappy, which is the reaction we have had b4. So crossing fingers.

He appears alot better this morning, lets hope it continues, no temps overnight, so hopefully those antibiotics are starting to kick in. Lachlan always fights illnesses with high temps and follows in his dads traits with Convulsions. Wade's mum said the other night that Wade never really shrugged the high temps and convulsions till he was 3, so we still have a wee bit to go yet!!!

Happy Easter everyone.

I am off to a wedding today. DH is working so I am going alone with some cousins.

BUT......it's raining and it is a garden wedding. Now my dilemma is - does one still staighten their hair!???

Sorry to hear about all the sick little mites. I think KATY has been sick every other month since starting daycare 13 months ago, and at the moment it's a cough - sounds real phlemy and chesty. Also waiting for those eye teeth, and so she's grumpy as, not sleeping, and the poohs. well we won't go there!.

But. like someone said at least their little immune systems will be thankful for it once they start school.

Better go turn on the straightener. getting picked up in a hour.

hope you had fun at the wedding leanne
    and happy easter to you all i hope all your little ones are enjoying their chocy fixes ryan had one little egg and gave up woohoo for me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast