Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #48

Feeling a bit bad this morning. Darcy bumped her eye on the corner of the table yesterday afternoon....she has a black eye this morning.....I don't feel bad cos she bumped her eye, but because I brushed her off.....oh well she knows to tell me if it's bleeding, I guess that's a good thing.

How did Jay go yesteerday Elissa?

hi all i just had to pop on and tell you i got my next lot of assignment back maths i didn't do to well on 32 out of 44 and english 97 out of 100 and 95 out of 100 so i am pretty happy with that they released my exan dates today now that is scary ok back to it

hope you are all well
    oh and i forgot my DH's birthday today so i must be extra kind to him this week

Just got home and we had our 3d scan today. My boy is so gorgeous. His cyst on his brain has disappeared as they expected YAY................... The senographer also made comment of how much of a live wire he is!!!!!!! And his head is measuring considerably bigger then his gestation. Appears I have a boof head on the way lol. I kinda knew it was big as I compared Lachlan's and his scan at 18 weeks and there was a 2cm difference. Eek!!! He is also head down with his bum on my top left side and his feet on my right and my placenta is in a nice high position on my right in the front.

Anyway have my GD test in the morning, followed by my midwife appt and then my nail appt an hour away (in Emerald) in the arvo. Then Thursday we head off on our trip, so talk to you all at the end of the month.

Eek!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just looking at the pictures from the ultrasound that I was given on a disk.

The senographer told me that my baby boy had a big head, but it appears all of his measurements are big!!! I have just turned 28 weeks today and yet the scan shows his BPD (Bilateral head measurement) as 30 weeks 1 day, his HC (Head circumferance) as 30 weeks 2 days and his AC (Tummy measurement) as 29 weeks 5 days. There is a measurement of FL (not sure what this is) as 27 weeks 6 days - which is technically correct.

What does this mean, now I am concerned about gestatational diabetes, or could this just mean a big baby?

His weight is 1.440kg, which is huge for his gestation, they have given an approx figure of 361g too much. This weight shows him in the 96% percentile.

At my 18 week scan his measurements were on par with his gestation, but for some reason he has really kicked on atm.

Can anyone offer any information? I never had a problem with GD with Lachlan and he was born so small at 6lb 5.5oz and to this day is a real little fella, only weighing 10kgs at nearly 2 years old.

Gosh I won't know what to do with a big baby LOL!

Hope Darcy's eye is ok Kim, our kids will have many bumps and bruises over the years...If Darcy wasn't too concerned over it I wouldn't worry either. Chris is a real panicer when Jayden falls over....even on carpet! Whereas I don't worry too much until there is blood.

Shazz: English you went well on ....well done! Maths wasn't too bad....A lot better than what I would have got! Well done on your weight loss too, I hadn't noticed how much you had lost!

Sheree: YAY for your scan! Things may even out with Riley and he may not put on a lot of weight between now and birth. I was on borderline with GD with Jayden and haven't gone for my test yet this time but I have been told I should have nothing to worry about this time. The only thing I can suggest with having a bigger baby is....Buy bigger clothes LOL and hope he doesn't come early, although a guy at work his wife just gave birth naturally to a 10lb5oz baby and she isn't much bigger than me, so it can be done.....I saw her 12hrs after bubs was born and she looked like she was ready to go back to work! She looked fantastic!

I have friends coming up from Melb this arve so I won't be around, then Sheree & Lachie here on Tuesday! I can't wait...except for having to go to work on Monday haha.

Oh an update on my SIL's niece, apparently her DD may have been put into an induced coma and they have taken her out of it now, so she will live but she has to learn everything again - walk, talk, eat etc. Not sure if she has any brain damage or not. I hate getting info 3rd and 4th hand as people get their wires crossed badly! Seems she may have had the bleed since birth too. Have a great week all and a good weekend

Just had my gd test. I won't get the results until Friday morning. But she did a standard blood glucose prik test and my reading was 6.1 and that was after my glucose load up (the drink), so feeling a little more confident that maybe my gd test will come back ok and I am just having a big boy!

Tania - good news on your SIL's niece. Hopefully all works out ok for them. Makes you appreciate how lucky we all are hey? See you on Tuesday.

shazz - well done on the great marks!

kim - Hope Darcy is okay, they are constantly hurting themselves! Jay is feeeling much more confident about the up coming interviews after having the interview training, thanks for asking, maybe this time he will finally get the job, not holding my breath though, have ben through this process so many times, and always let down, so now i just tell myself he won't get it, then im not as disappointed.

sheree - Fantastic that Riley's cyst has gone! Glad the scan went well, Archie was measuring 5 weeks ahead at the stage of pregnancy, and boy was i panicking! I didn't have GD, he ended up being 9lb6oz, i think he ust had a super growth spurt at that time as he just grew slowly after that. I think big babies are fantastic, you don't have to worry when they lose weight in hossy cause they are so chubby to begin with and they are easier to handle too.
    tania - great news about that poor little girl.Enjoy your visit with Sheree and Lachlan, im jealous!

Arch has been getting up at 6 every morning since daylight savings, which is aking him a very tired and grumpy boy, he's been waking many times at night too so we are all a bit sleep deprived. he is in his bedroom screaming out at the moment.....

Elissa - for me it just sounds so weird, having had such a small baby and then possibly such a big baby. Two opposites ends of the spectrum, but hey as long as I don't have Gestational Diabetes, it will actually be nice to have a big healthy boy really. It is funny I went and bought all of these 0000 clothes as Lachlan's were all unisex and I wanted Riley to be in blue right from the start and now he possibly will only be in them for a short while - IF AT ALL!!! Beats a big change to my boy that was in 0000's till he was 3-4mths old.

Check out Riley's 3D ultrasound pic in my photo gallery. He is so cute!

sheree - i just saw the 3D pic, i was so excited i made Jay come and have a look too! Riley is adorable already!! Do you think he looks like Lachlan?? Arch was in 0000 for 2-3 weeks, so at least Riley should get a little bit of wear out of them anyway.

Archie is being impossible to put to bed lately (i know i shouldn't complain to you after all Lachlan has put you through!). He has always gone to sleep with the door closed, but all of the sudden he wants it open, but he continuously comes out with the door open or constantly screams with it shut! Just now he is lying on the kitchen floor pretending to snore......He sang a beautiful song this arvo that consisted of the words "f%$kin' Mum" repeatedly....NICE!

Yeah I think he is very cute too, but I could be bias being the mum and all. Thanks for making such nice comments about him. Makes a nice change for a bub at this gestation to actually have chubby cheeks. Wade's mum said, Omg he is cooked and ready. OMG I am thinking NOT!!!! hehe. Looks nothing like Lachlan. Lachlan was scrawny and the tiniest nose and mouth, I have never seen anything like him ever! But Riley's is so much bigger and geez we are talking 28 weeks, which totally spins me out! It is so nice to finally see my baby have a bit of chub about him to be honest, just still a bit weird those as I am not use to it, having being use to Lachlan for the last 2 years obviously. So anyway maybe I might have a bub that looks after me and a bub that is hungry. Now wouldn't that be nice.

Agggh don't worry we all have our moments, Lachlan has been horrible esp before he got sick, but he is actually not refusing bed atm which is gr8. But we are still in a cot too, which I think would be far easier then the bed of which you are encountering. But we will be there soon and I will have the grief then which will be fun. I just can't believe the phases they go thru to be honest, every week or nearly every day there is something different. It is funny though, we were in Mackay for a week and he slept thru every night bar one! I swear he is so much better in his portacot. Came home and last night he was a shocker AGAIN!!! Can't wait to get away again to have sum decent sleep again! Omg at Archie saying that to you. Wonder where they pick it up from, you poor thing. I would die if Lachlan said that, but I am sure our time will come too!

sheree - yeah, i must admit that when you said he was cute i thought "oh yeah your biased", but he really is cute, he does look full term already, i didn't think he looked like Lachlan either, seems like they will be chalk and cheese. Arch used to sleep way better in his portacot too, so i ended up getting rid of his cot and he just used his portacot full time, but of course he outgrew that quicker than he would have a cot. I bought some Brauers Calm, gave him some this arvo before i put him to bed, seems to be working he has criedor screamed, he is just playing in the bedroom. Tonight will be the real tester though.

Arch and i are celebrities LOL We had our pic taken for the local paper, and i had to comment on whether i thought making cough medecine a prescription item was a good thing. I said it probably is a good thing as many parents tend to medicate their children too often and often the cough medicine doesn't actually do anything anyhow. I overheard 2 other mums saying that it was a stupid idea and would be an absolute nuisance, so it seems that i, of course, am the odd one out

Mum is having Archie sleep over at her place on Saturday night, i am so looking forward to a full nights sleep and sleeping past 6am! Jay has this boring work dinner/conference thingy which i am invited to but i doubt I'll i think i'd be bored *****less, might just stay home and enjoy the total peace and quiet, might even get into some study (shock horror!)

Shazz that's great to hear!!!

I was thinking of you Tuesday Sheree as I was driving many hours down the highway for a meeting. I'm so pleased Riley's cyst is gone. He is lovely. He does look ready, but then you think 1 and a bit kilos, that's tiny isn't it? I was borderline GD too and Darcy wasn't huge at the end. 6.1 is pretty good though.

I hear ya on the sleep in Sheree. I had a meeting 4 and a half hours away last Tuesday night. We get free accomodation at the Police Accademy, but I cancelled mine and booked a motel instead. Cam looked after Darcy. It was so nice to just be by myself. I'm going to volunteer for more meetings I think. Though I was still awake at 5.30am even though I didn't have to get up until 7.

Not great about the song though Elissa....

Darcy has a thing with Happy Birthday at the moment. SHe telss you Happy Birthday at the drop of a hat. lol. Don't know where she got it from. She also can sing all the songs I've been singing to her since birth. Cam thinks with her and I both singing all the time this baby won't have a chance. I'm also so proud of her manners at the moment. Instead of No thanks, she says "no 'anks pease", and she even says 'scuse me Mum' when I'm in her way. If she goves me something and I just take it she says' Ta Mum", and she always says thankyou mummy when you hand her something. I sooo hope it continues because my mum is the manners queen and made sure we had the appropriate manners to visit the queen, whereas Cameron and his family have no idea.

evening all
    sheree i haven't had a chance to check out baby riley yet but i bet he is cute as a button
    Kim hiya hows the MS going not to bad i hope
    Elissa wow nice song least you were at home and not at the shops lol i bet you were impressed Ryan should know a string of cuss words but thankfully keeps them to himself lol for now i am totally sure he will let loose at a time when he should be on his best behaviour
    well my baby is 2 in a weeks time how very sad

any one heard from Vic sara and Nat christine where are they ???

I am here! Just been really over emotional atm and not feeling like posting.
    I am glad bub is OK Sheree, I didn't think they could get accurate weights from an US so don't panic too much about his heaviness LOL Riley was my lightest bub cause he was over 2 weeks early and he weighed 8lb 3oz so I can't imagine a tiny baby like Lachlan- he must have looked like a little doll.
    Kim- I can only dream of time to myself for me! I don't think DH believes in it (for him certainly but not me) Erin was asking after Darcy last night, she was hoping you'd come to the meet up next week!!! I pointed out that it may be a bt far for lunch. When are you in Sydney again?
    I can't believe how well Darcy talks, I am really noticing how slow boys are after having 2 girls, Riley says a few words together now like "where's my daddy?" but no where near as much as his sisters did.
    Shazz- WTG on the assignments!! You sound so motivated. Are you on school hols as of today? We are, well I am as of yesterday.
    Elissa- PMSL about Archie's song!! Riley has said "oh sh#t" after us a couple of times! we really must learn to watch our tongues!! Its worse when I am driving LOL
    Tania- glad to hear that the baby might pull through, scary for your family. Your belly looks great! you look so skinny. The girl who also works on Yr 1 with me has just told us she is 12 weeks pg( she's very good at keeping secrets!) and I am feeling jealous LOL I can't believe you only have 14weeks to go, have you felt that this pg has gone faster than your 1st?
    Hi Leanne I hope all is well, I am joining you in full time work next term so we can eagerly anticipate weekends together LOL
    Is Nat still a mod here?? Haven't seen her for ages.

kim - what lovely manners Darcy has, my Mum is a manners Queen too, i always had beautiful manners, Arch is pretty good, but needs to be prompted most of the time still. Aren't they clever with songs, Arch knows heaps of songs now too, sounds do gorgeous when tey just break into song doesnt it?! Your new bubba will have a very musical time by the sound of it. How have you been feeling in regards to the pregnancy?

shazz - i know it is scarey that they are all almost 2 years old already!

christine - sorry you have not been feeling the best lately,big hugs. I haven't seen Nat on bellybelly for ages

Arch didn't go to sleep til 11 last night, i ended up bringing him to bed with me and Jay slept in Archies bed, he still got up at 6:30am though!! I set up his portacot in his room this morning and asked him if he would like to ave a sleep in there instead of his bed, he did. So i put him in there at 9am and put some music on for him, took him AGES to relax and fall asleep, but he still doesnt try to climb out of the cot, just sits there and cries. I hadto stroke his forehead for ages til he was completely relaxed, then he finally went to sleep, i hope he stays there for a few hours.

Time for a new thread everyone

new thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2006-49-a.html

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678