Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #48

tania - Archie didn't get the gastro bug, he has never had it before either thank goodnes, he has a killer immune system! Sorry to hear Jayden had a rough start to the day.

sheree - oh no! You just can't get a break can you??? Gosh you are always so flat out, another trip away!I would have been crying all night too. Big hugs, will miss you

Just got back home this morning from my sister's place. I was so stressed out with Archie, he hasn't slept well at my sister's so he has turned intoa monster again. I got to the stage this morning where i just wanted to run away and hide. Left Jay with Archie to clean up our pigsty of a house while i got my hair trimmed, now i feel refreshed and can remember how much i love my child! Going out tomorrow night, my sister is coming over to babysit Arch, hope it goes smoothly cause i really need a break from him to have some fun and not be a mum for a few hours.

Hey you guys! It's been so slow in here, we were on the second page!

Far out Sheree! That's awful.

Hope Archie is back into routine for you Elissa.
    Darcy was right out of sorts with different visitors here last weekend, but she's settled down again thank goodness.
    Cam had his first day of looking after her last Friday when I started back full time again. He went out to a social club function and I thought he'd be home around midnight to have enough sleep to look after her. What time did he get in??? 4.30am!!! I was soooooooo cranky, I was glad when she woke at 5.48 and he had to deal with her.
    I rang about 15 times to makes sure she was all right and I told him he better not dare get cranky with her as it was his fault....he didn't seem to get that that was irresponsible.

kim - hi, great to hear from you, it sure has been quiet, everyone must be enjoying thier weekends. Glad Darcy is back into routine again. Still trying to get Arch into some sort of routine, he is a devil child atm. Cam sounds just as irresponsible as Jay, he gets drunk every weekend and expects that he will just be able to sleep in cause he drank all night.

I left Archie with my younger sister last night, it was the first time he has been left with anyone other than Jay or Mum, he did the whole hysterically crying thing and my sister had to tear him away from me, but i wasn't worried at all and she said he only cried for 1 min and was very easily distracted. this put my mind totally at ease about starting him a FDC next week, i am SO hanging out to have time away from him a couple of days a week, 1 of the days will prob be spent doing work placement at CC and the other i will just have me time or study time i reckon, woohoo, i might even look for part time work!

I'm glad you feel better about it Elissa. Daycare really was the best thing I did for Darcy (and I).

kim, its great to hear that you have had such a positive experience with day care, i have no doubt that we will too

Jay just asked if i want to go to Adelaide or Melbourne for a few days, not sure if i can be bothered in this weather though...

hi all
    i've had an interesting weekend to say the least
    my darling son decided that we needed to contribute with earth hour ( and which everyone should) but he didn't turn off my computer before he started flicking switches so the next morning nothing no power to the tower at all all my uni assignments gooooooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeeeee and photos i was devastated so off we went o buy a new computer because i have online tuturiols this week so it was a urgent purchase came home and have been trying to set the bloody thing ever since OMG i was on the phone to bigpond for 2 and a half hours and still something is not quite right so today i will try again so if you don't see me for a bit you know why i have thrown the new computer out the window

oh no Shazz!!!! Can you recover all that hard work?

Oh no Shazz................

Things quiet over yonder.

All working hard, Katy's still not got those damn eye teeth, so not much sleep happening.

Other than that...... just cruisin.

Hello to all.

Hi all, been super busy here, had dad's 70th on the weekend which I had to do all the organising shopping and cooking for! (just 46 people LOL) Been having a really tough time with DH and Jess so things have been very tense here,won't go into teenage dramas in here cause its babies but she hs moved in with my dad for a while so i hope that eases the situation.
    Will try and be back later for personals.

Christine. That sounds awful.

Big hugs Christine. Don't think you can't talk about it here ok.

Well I am going away till the end of the month tomorrow. Have a scan on Tuesday to see if Riley's cyst has disappeared, so hopefully all is good there. It is a 3d one, so it will be lovely to see what he looks like. From the 18 week scan he looks very similar to Lachlan.

Talk to you all when i get back.

Shazz: Oh no! Do you think you will be able to recover it? I know Chris has been able to after we have had black outs...that would be the same sort of thing wouldn't it?

Leanne: Hope those eye teeth show soon...Jayden still doesn't have his either

Christine: I hope things ease soon....I remember what I was like at 16, things hopefully will blow over soon and Jess will come home. Don't feel that you can talk here, you can vent as much as you need too.

Good luck Sheree! See you when you get to Bundy! I can't wait the boys will have so much fun!

Well Jayden didn't go to sleep until after 10pm again! Chris has been putting on movies for Jayden when we come home and I thought that might be contributing to him not sleeping at night because he is having rest time at 6pm and therefore not tired at 8pm so last night we went out and didn't watch tv but still didn't work. I want to cut back his day sleeps but I know my SIL who looks after him won't wake him up, so I don't really know what to do. I woke up about 12.30am and Jayden was standing next to my bed playing with the things in my bag...he thought it was funny when I woke up until I told him to go back to bed. Well thats my night.....

What is everyone else up to? Its gotten so quiet in here lately!

ETA: Forgot to mention, I have a check up today with the MW's, I have gained 5kgs so far ( I had gained 8kgs with Jayden at 25wks). I feel everything is going great, I'm hoping to finally hear the HB this time, I have only heard it at the scans as this baby isn't very co-operative.
    Last edited by Tannis; April 2nd, 2008 at 06:39 AM.

shazz - oh no!!!! Did you have any backup of the photos??? Hope the uni work doesn't take too long to re-do

leanne - hi there, good to hear everything is cruisin along in your world, hope those darn teeth come through already

christine - sorry to hear things with you and Jess aren't going too smoothly, must be extremely hard to live with a teenage girl

sheree - GL at the scan, have fun! Its amazing how you can sort of see what they look like just from a normal scan even, i could tell from the 18 week scan that Archie had big lips like his Dad, and he does. You will have to put a pic up of the 3d scan for us!

tania - sorry to hear jayden isn't sleeping well for you, not having a great time here either, maybe an age thing?? It has been super quiet in here. Fingers crossed bub co-operates this time and you get to hear that heartbeat.

Got back from melbourne today. Left Monday arvo and got back lunch time today. It is a 5 hour drive each way, Archie didn't whinge once during the car trip up!!! He was fantastically behaved the whole time. We did LOTS of walking, didn't use the car while we were there. Arch enjoyed riding on the trams and seeing all the hustle and bustle of the city. We went to the zoo yesterday morning, silly us forget that it is school holidays in vic, so the line up for the zoo was unbelievable, had a few tanties there thats for sure. Arch LOVED the monkeys, didn't want to leave them. We also went to the Eureka Skydeck, OMG, 88 floors!!! I had no intention on going that high and told Jay to go by himself, but i am so proud of myself, i pushed myself into that lift and up we went, wasn't scary at all, it was fantastic, certainly the highlight of my trip.

Elissa: Sounds like you had a great time in Melb! We are going in May just before Jayden's bday and we are taking him to the zoo...I can't wait as he loves his "anmuuls" We are also taking him to see the Wiggles too which I'm sure he will love too.

Appt went well today, I ended up seeing the Dr though...not really sure why but all is good and I FINALLY got to hear the HB! I had no complaints about the pregnancy and said I was enjoying it, the Dr said thats the 1st time he has heard someone say that haha (he was a student Dr though).

Chris is at squash tonight, so that has left Jayden & to had a relaxed night together and I even got him to bed by 9pm....Not as early as I'd like but it beats 10pm! After I had told Chris I didn't want Jayden watching movies after day care, I came home earlier than he expected and Jayden was watching Finding Nemo! He said he didn't know what else to do with him!! Ummm....play with him.....go outside play on the swings??? Anyway he didn't watch it for long and he still went to bed earlier.

hi all
    i did back up some of the photos recently so there is a bonus i won't be around much over then next 10 weeks i will popp and and quickly read your posts but i may not have too much time to post so if i miss and little bodies up and coming birthdays i'm sorry in advance ok back to the books bye for now

tania - yeah we had a ball in Melb, Jayden will love the wiggles, i would love to take Archie one day. great that your appt went well and you got to hear the heartbeat, woohoo! Good boy jayden for going to bed earlier, i wonder if not watching movies as much will help, keep us posted about that.

shazz - glad you backed up some of your photos at least. Happy Birthday to Ryan then, look forward to hearing from you soon, GL with uni

I am having a VERY lazy day today, have done a [email protected] load of washing, Archie and i have no clean clothes at all, so we are still in our pjs. Seem like Jay is getting sick, says he has a headache and sore throat. i just sent him to bed cause he looked realy pale. He is meant to be flying to Adelaide tomorrow for an intensive interview coaching session that has been specially put together for him, so i hope hope hope that he isn't sick!

Ha, Tania, sounds like Cam. Though now he has Darcy one day a week he's getting more creative....

Sounds like a good trip Elissa - well done!

Good luck Shazz.

Drive safe Sheree. Enjoy your scan.

Well we've had an action packed couple of days. Yesterday as a result of the many storms about, out here in the dust bowl, God must have done his spring cleaning. We had the most massive dust storm. It turned the sky red. Then it did start to rain, but the rain had to go through the dust, so essentially it was raining mud! Should see my car......

Then today - well. My husband and I are both coppers. Prior to that we were a combat systems operator and an emergency nurse. You'd think we'd both be relatively good at calm in calamatous situations.
    Here's the phonecall this afternoon;
    DH: (in a panicked voice) I've got a bit of a dilemma
    Me: Oh
    DH: I went to hang the nappies out and Darcy's locked me out!
    Me: Have you tried to get her to turn the handle?
    DH: YES!
    Me: calm down, you don't want her to get into a tizz
    DH: She's already in a tizz and she's got a pair of scissors - I don't know where from
    Me: I'm leaving right now I'll be home in 5 minutes......

I get there and open the auto door (we only have one opener) thinking the internal garage door would be open. But noooooooooo DH is lazy and left the key on the inside and the Dragon likes to play with keys in locks.
    DH: I'm going to see if any windows are unlocked.
    Me: Darcy? Darcy? It's mummy (knock knock)
    Darcy: MUMMY!!!! (sob sob scream on the other side of the door)
    Me: Can you show mummy how clever you are and turn the key?
    Click goes the latch, mummy opens the door to a very distraught child.........grrrr. Now she's barred him lol. I'm sure she thought he did it to her on purpose. Serves him right.....

kim - OMG!!! you poor things, i take it that she didn't do any damage with the scissors?? What a clever girl to be able to unlock the door for you! I don't even reckon Arch would manage to turn the door handle let alone unlock a door. Your house would be covered in dirt i spose, we drove home from Melbourne in the storm, was a bit hairy! A few trees down, and had to drive fairly slow through the thick dust. When we got home we turned the news on ad heard about pile ups and a crash that happened not long after we passed through, someone was looking down on us.

Just went to playgroup, was the end of term party and they always get a little jumping castle for that. For the first time Archie was brave enough to have a go at it. Had to get up at 5:30am to drive jay out to the airport, not happy Jan, Arch and i have been tired and grumpy all morning, he is in his bedroom trying to fight sleep atm.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast