Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #49

Is the Kate morgan expensive Elissa?

christine - not at all. There is a once of fee of $80, then its about $40 a week to buy your weeks worth of shakes which is 2 meals a day. You are a member for life, so if say, you lost the weight, then in 5 years time you had put it back on again you can just start buying the shakes and get back into it with no extra costs.

i am excited, Archie just had a day sleep in his own bed!! He is sleeping at Mum's tonight, so it will be interesting to see how he goes there.

Darcy and I made the worst anzac bickies today.....they are just horrendous.
    At least I got my ironing done while i waited for my brother to march past on the telly.

oh i love chewy ANZAC bikkies, yummo, i didn't even attempt to bake any though, didn't buy any either, forgot.

Jay and I had a lovely relaxing night last night without Archie. We went out for brunch this morning too, Arch slept in a bed on his own all night at mum's, hope he does it here too tonight

Sounds like a nice night Elissa.
    Riley has been having really runny pooey nappies (TMI sorry) and his poor bottom is s red, he woke up at midnight screaming with a durty nappy and it took me an hour to get him back to bed. Naturally he slept in while I got Erin to netball at 7.30am!!
    Spenmost of the day househunting, trying to buy a house but quite depressing when 1/2 million dollars buys almost nothing here. Going to my dad's now to meet his new "friend" feeling stressed, not coping well with the idea even though i know logically that he is lonely etc Will probably hate her for no reason LOL

My daughter is still up and yapping
    It's bloodie half eleven.
    Do their batteries EVER run out.
    grrr

Man I am tired.

I will come back and post a real post in a little while but need some comfort. This is from my other thread....
    I'm 11 weeks today, and for the last couple of days i've been feeling a bit off. Last night got up to go to the loo and had some dark spotting mixed with cm. (TMI warning) The cm has gone from wet and copious to thick and claggy too. It's still going.
    I've had some cramping the last couple of days but put it down to stretching.
    Normally i don't even worry about all the little niggles but today I'm analysing everything.
    I live in a country town where the medical facilities aren't like the cities ie they shut down on the weekend so going and seeing someone isn't really an option until tomorrow. My Dh has just gone away for the week (knows about this but doesn't have a choice) and I have an active 2yo to deal with.
    I'm trying not to get stressed, but it's not looking great is it?

christine - Hope Riley's poor bum gets better. Arch wanted to sleep in this morning too, the one morning we had to be up by 8:30, typical! It willbe hard for you to accept your Dad's new "friend", no doubt, i guess you'll just have to keep reminding yourself that she is making your Dad happy and thats all that matters, goodluck with it, hope she's lovely.

Leanne - Arch went to bed at 11 with me last night, so i feel for you, Arch never runs out of batteries, he has to be forced to sleep. Does Katy usuallygo to bed at a decent hour?

Kim - do you mean dark spotting as in red spots or brown spots? I remember having yucky cramps and heaps of cm around the 12 week mark, i freaked out too, but it must have been all the streching and growing going on down there. Big hugs, see the doc tomorrow and put your mind at ease.

nope ELissa, brown gunk really. And cramping, so I guess that's not a great sign. Sounds like you had a lovely night.

Is Katy usually like that Leanne? I've got an energiser kid too, but very very thankfully she knows they need recharging.

Christine good luck with the house hun. Any option to mave away from where you are? Or is Jess settled? No way could we afford to live over your way....

Well my precious little soul has been just fantastic today. She's played and watched Dora and mothered me. Put the blanket over me on the lounge and gave me kisses and stroked my hair. God love her.
    At least though, it's been raining here today. Bit how I feel ATM.

Kim- hope everyhting is better today. I was tild when I had some bleeding that they really get concerned if it is bright red and that if it is dark it could be old blood. Thinking of you hun.

Kim~ thinking of you chook. See the doc tomorrow and see what they say. I can't remember that far back, so yeah probably best to get it looked at.

Our monster finally went down at midnight and at 7am she was tapping on my shoulder the little cheeky thing.

Which reminds me, she fell asleep in the car and has been asleep for over an hour.
    Better get her up out of bed or we will have round two tonight.

Kim ~ First i want to give you a huge hug then i want to reassure you a little with a story ... i too had spotting and cramps on and off for nearly the whole of my pg and sheree if i remember well she had a major bleed around 14 weeks (i think) please try not to stress and i know how hard it is not to try to get in to see some one as soon as they open tomorrow to put your mind at ease i will be thinking of you and wished we lived a little closer so i could help you out with Darcy and a bit of TLC too take care talk to you tomorrow

Thanks you girls. I truly love the lot of you.

It's turned bright red now after easing off a bit this arvie. I've had mild cramping all day, so I'm really not at all hopeful.

would this time be around when you normally would get AF ? is there no hospital where you are? oh hun please try and stay positive as hard as it is

There's a base hossy but they have no pathology open on weekends and no u/s available so I'll just sit there for hours to be told to come back in the morning. TO make matters worse Cam's away for the week and won't be home until Friday.
    Yes actually it is about AF time when I worked it out on rough cycle estimates. But wouldn't you think i would have had bleeding around the last 2 afs I should have had?

Kim: Try not to worry too much just rest as much as you can (with a 2yo). See the Dr as soon as you can tomorrow to put your mind at ease. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Leanne: Jayden was up late Fri night (well all week really) but we had gone away Fri and I spent the whole night putting Jayden asleep & when he finally did go everyone had gone to bed & the boys had gone fishing, so i didn't have a very good night at all. Last night was 8pm as he'd only had 45mins sleep early in the day and had no sleep today and he went down at 8.20pm tonight. Can you cut back Kaitlyn's day sleeps, maybe that will make her tireder at night?

Elissa: Yay for your night with Jay! I think Chris & I are due for a night without Jayden soon.

Christine: How is Riley feeling? Do you think the runny nappies are just teething or a bug? Jayden has had a red bottom lately which I put down to Aldi's nappies at first as we just started using them but then an eye tooth popped up & the other is just under the gum so I think thats it.

Hi Girls!!!

Firstly.....

HAPPY 2'nd BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!

and

Kim....Try not to worry hun. I know there is'nt much I can say or do but I am thinking of you hun and wish I was there with you to give a big hug.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Shazz~ View Post
    I just have to ask

Has anyone heard from Sara or Nat ....... do we smell or something ....
    Sorry Shazz, the smell was just getting to overbearing.....but now you've had a bath I'll come back!

Nah hun you don't really smell!! I've just been really busy with uni, doula stuff, the girls etc etc....I'm sure you know how it gets!

Ok so lots of stuff has happened since I was on last!

So I'll start with Briley. She was in hospital for 4 days last week with oral herpes. She came down with a high temp last thursday (10/04) which was persistent but not worrying. Friday came and she started dribbling uncontrollably. I really started to worry then (and in my own mind worried that it was some neurological) and called to see if I could get a Dr's app. There was'nt any app but they transferred me through to the Nurse. Once I told her what was going on she told me to come in straight away. We waited for 2 hours before a Dr saw us for 5 mins and diagnosed tonsilitis. He prescribed some a/b and sent us on our way. Saturday came and she was no better. I had an app with my doula client and Brent took care of the girls. When I came home she still was'nt any better and her gums were all red and swollen. They were that swollen that only the tips of her teeth were showing and they were bleeding.

We were meant to go to a birthday party that night but pulled out cause we did'nt want to drag the girls around while they were sick (Colby had a temp from the day before Briley's showed but it did'nt progress any further than a temp). Brent and Briley went to bed early and when I came later on Briley felt really hot so I took her temp and it was 40. We woke her and her face and tounge was swolle. She has creamy stuff all over her tounge and mouth and the inside of her mouth was covered in ulcers. Her gums her bleeding bad by this stage. I got up and we took her straight into the emergency dept.

We sat in the emerg dept for about 3 hours before even being seen. Once we were seen the first Dr tried to say it was thrush from the a/b. The second Dr tried to say the same. After I told them that the creamy stuff was all there before the a/b they got the paed down who pretty much straight away diagnosed oral herpes! Brent and I were in total shock!

All in all, we were in hospy for 4 horrible days. We had to hold Briley down to give her the stuff to numb her mouth so she could eat and drink. She had to have a drip in cause she could'nt eat or drink. It was terrible to see her like that.

So when we got home i called her day care straight away cause we were'nt sure if she caught it from home or kindy. The d/c lady told me another little boy had been rushed to emergency the night before. I was kinda relieved that she had'nt caught it from home cause I was feeling like the terrible unhygenic mother!!

She is ok now though. The hospy stay totally stuffed out routine so she had been throwing major tanties. She won't have a day sleep unless you lock her in her room and leave her to cry. Tonight was the first night since we've been back that she went to sleep in her own bed. I had to leave her crying for 20 mins though!

Other than that she is great. Growing beautifully. Toilet training well. Did a poo on the potty on her own without telling anyone yesterday. Totally loving her little sister! They play together well outside! Talking great! Last weight was 12.6kgs.

Colby is well. Also growing beautifully. Last time we had her weighed she was just under 9kg's at 8months. I think she is going to be a big girl! She will be 9 month on the 3'rd of May!!! Time just goes so quick. She is crawling around everywhere. Walking along furniture. Babbling away.

I am doing well to. As i said i've been really busy with everything. I have my first paying client as a doula. Mum is due on the 2'nd of July. Great couple they are close to my age so we relate very well. Uni is good to. Hard but good. I got my first Distinction on one of my assignments which i was very proud of. Gave me a massive confidence boost!

Unfortunetly not everything is good though. Brent and I have come to a mutal aggreement that we separate for a while and just see how things go. I am just waiting to get some money together to get a place for the girls and I. I start getting my single parents payment on the 5th of May so I will probably move out soon after that. I have a place i am looking it which will be great for the girls and I but it all depends on if i can rake up the money for bond and all that. Its going to be hard but i am over fighting all the time. Briley is getting old enough to understand us fighting and stuff now and i don't want my children to grow up around that.

Other than all that things are going well. Both girls go to kindy on Tuesdays so that is my sanity day! Meant to be for study only but i try and fit other things in aswell!

I best leave it here cause this post is huge!

I will be around a lot more now. So sorry for being away for so long. Life is busy!

I hope you are all well....

Talk soon!

ETA - I will post some new pics of the girls in the gallery!

Very quickly as I have to get ready for work.
    Kim- hope all goes well at the doctors, I have been thinking about you all night.
    Sara- nice to see you, so sad about you and Brent.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast