Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Tania ~ It was great chatting with on MSN as well. Thanks about the Bonds PJ's I would love to but I have spent way too much money on Bonds clothes this week already!! The next term starts mid October so awhile yet. But time is going so fast I'm sure it will be here in no time. Em will be 5 months when he starts. I will def check with out library thanks for the advice. Lucky you having eggs and bacon!! Enjoy the jewellery party!

Sheree ~ Like I said on MSN when I spoke to the child helpline over Em not feeding they worked out that at 5kgs he should be having 30 mls an hour which is 720mls a day. Lachie is only 4.3kgs so according to them it should be less so its quite possible he just had too much and had a bit of a belly ache. It could be a growth spurt or maybe just a bad night! I hope things get better for you and him hun. Big

Kellee ~ I wasn't mothering you hun I promise . I was worried because we hadn't heard from you LOL. Good to hear you've just been busy!!! We've missed you!

I have just been pottering around this morning doing a bit of this and that. My brothers girlfriend gave birth this morning so I am going to visit them this afternoon. They had a little girl and named her Courtney. I will fill you in on all the details later when I find them out LOL. It is such a nice day here I should be doing something outside. I do have washing to bring in LOL...

Will pop back in later if I have time. I have a date with DP tonight to watch Mary Poppins LOL.

Kellee Guest

Yes, I’m still here – thanks for thinking of me! We’ve just been flat out. I should really be sleeping but I couldn’t resist popping in here to see how you all are. OMG, there is so much to catch up on! I know I won’t be able to reply to everything, but I have read all the posts I missed out on (it took AGES) and I’ll do my best…

Firstly, hello to Bec and Marlea. BTW, Marlea, four times straight through with a 2 or 3 month old is pretty good! Don’t worry, this phase WILL end, I promise. Sorry I don’t have much useful advice for you (I’m bf) but the other girls will surely be able to help you out somehow.

Lea – Mary Poppins sounds great! I sing all the songs from it to the boys and they love it. DH doesn’t though – party pooper. Hope you’re having a lovely night.

Sheree – sometimes when I feed Toby too much during the day he gets a bit windy, so I hope that’s all it was with Lachie.

Tania – sounds like you’ve been able to start standing up to the IL – good for you! You just keep on doing it to save your sanity, ok?

Kim – the new pic of Darcy is SO cute!

Jodie – sorry I missed the ACA report, but I’ll try to check it out online next time I have a chance.

Shazz – glad that Ryan is cool with daycare. I know it must have been hard for you, but it sounds like things are getting better. Hooray!

Hello to everyone else too. Sorry I’ve been awol – I will try to post more often.

We’ve been pretty flat out here – we had a party for DH and his friend’s birthdays on the weekend, then it was DH’s birthday on Thursday, and Charlie’s today (my little boy is growing up!), and I’ve been walking like a madwoman trying to lose this weight before my brother’s wedding, so I haven’t been able to be on here much! (5 kgs down, 7 more to go before October) Toby is doing really well. He’s such a funny little guy – he just loves to chatter away and gives the most gorgeous smiles. He settles by himself so well when he’s not got any pain – a couple of times recently DH and I have fallen asleep playing with him on our bed only to wake up and find that he’s put himself to sleep like a good little thing. Still BF well, and he seems to be stretching out for about 3 hours during the day and 3-4 sometimes 5 hours at night, so we’re pretty happy. Sometimes I feel bad that I’m enjoying this more the second time around (because I had PND fir about 6 months with Charlie), but we’re having so much fun as a family at the moment. It’s great. I’m going to make DH take us on a picnic tomorrow at the beach – should be nice.

Anyway, I’m staying at Mum’s tonight without DH (he’s doing his radio shift and I thought he could probably use a full night’s sleep when he’s done) so I should go to bed in case Toby has a bad night. Hope you’re all well, and I hope I get to hang out with you more often – I’ve missed hearing about everyone. Big hugs to you and your bubs.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Happy Birthday 'Charlie', hope you had a wonderful day little man....welcome to the terrible 2's Kellee.

Well I have had a terrible day with Little Miss Phoebe today. She has been sick this week and fortunately is on the mend now, but her routine is completely out the window which is understandable, but very tiring for me. She just wouldn't settle last night and I ended up putting her in bed with me, just so I could at least get a few hours. All day today she has had only short cat naps and feeding between each one...I feel like my boobs have been out all day!!...(LOL). At about 8pm, FINALLY she has gone to sleep. That didn't last long. She started stirring a short time later. She is just so overtired and can't seem to stay asleep. I have ended up bringing her in the computer room with me, music going and SUCCESS....well for now anyway. she is pretty exhausted so hopefully she sleeps for a while.

Morning Girls,

Another early start for me.....I think I need to put a bed in Jayden's room for me and a lock on the door so DP can't wake him up when he stirs....all I wanted was another half hour LOL DP's gone fishing again this morning which would be fine if he brought some fish home for me hahaha.

Nat: It was great talking on MSN. Congrats again to your bro n SIL can't wait to see pics!! Bacon n eggs were good but I couldn't eat it all haha Jewellery party was good, didn't buy anything tho....too expensive for what it was!! DP met us over there and we had dinner there....didn't get home til 11pm. Jayden spewed all over himself when SIL #4 was jiggling him round like a teabag so I went to change his clothes.....only to find he'd done a smelly green poo as well haha even worse tho, I had no more nappies with me!! Luckily SIL #2 is a home daycare mum and she had nappies n wipes.

Kellee: Welcome back haha I hope everything settles down for you. Happy birthday Charlie!! Well done Toby for being good for your mummy and daddy!! Hope he was good for you at your mum's, I know everytime I have a late night...thats the night Jayden is very unsettled and wakes a few times GRRR They know!!!hehehe

Mummy: Nothing wrong with putting her in bed with you, I did it all the time when Jayden was younger, I still do now but not as often. I hope Phoebe is feeling better and she'll back into her routine in no time

I think we might go to the markets this morning...I'll see who else is going. Otherwise today should be a lazy day....just washing to do.

I'll check in later....Have a great day

oxoxox

Hello Ladies

Sorry I have'nt been on this week, I have been pretty busy with Briley, housework and tying up last minute things with the purchase of our new house. Not sure if i have told you guys but we just bought a place about 1/2 an hour outside of Townsville. Its a small farm on 5 acres with lots and lots of fruit trees. We move in on the 5 September. I can't wait. It has always been a dream of mine to have my children grow up on a farm with lots of animals and the whole country life. Brent grew up in Gilgandra which is in western NSW on 200 acres so he knows what its like. So its been a dream of his aswell.

Briley is going well. Her belly button has completely healed and her conjuctivitis has just about gone. She did get a rash on her cheeks which looked like a heat rash but i was'nt sure. I ended up putting nappy rash cream on it and it has completely healed. She is really starting to get into a routine at night times. Which is good for me!! She has a bath at about 7.30 - 8, then a bottle and bed time at about 9. She normally sleeps till about 1.30 and wakes for a feed but sometimes sleeps a little longer. She then wakes at 6ish for another bottle and then we both sleep till around 8.30 - 9.

She is growing soooo fasts. She babbles and smiles heaps now. She is a very happy baby really. I took her over to my dad's house the other day for the first time and she loved him. She was babbling away to him. My dad is'nt a real sensitive person at all and i think his eyes welled up cause he would'nt look at me after he handed her back. I thought that was sweet. Everyone is really starting to fall in love with her now. My family i mean. My brother is only 13 and everytime we go to mums he fusses over her.

Lea - How are you and Emerson going?? Its amazing how quickly they grow hey! I was reading your post bout your sleep walking. Thats feaky mate!! Lucky nothing happened.

Marlea - Hello there! You've prolly got plenty advice already but ill offer a little if you like. My DD Briley was struggling a bit with colic so i brought some gripe water and added it to her bottles and since she has been really good. I have also noticed a difference in her bowel movements aswell. She seems to move them a lot easier and not struggling as much. I also FF and have been using Heinz Nuture 1 Starter, it seems really good. You should speak to your dr or child health nurse before changing her formula but. Hope it all works out for you.

As for me, my bleeding has stopped but i have been getting a lot of yellowy discharge (hope its not TMI!!!). Yesterday i had some really bad cramps too. It was like real bad period pain. I have to go back to the Dr next week so ill have to talk to her about it. Other than that. We are all going well. Brent is doing an excellent job at fatherhood. I do have to remind him sometimes about putting himself before Briley but that is to be expected this early in the piece.

I hope all is well with everyone. I will be back this week. Till then, take care.

Sara

Hi Sara congrats on the new house it sounds delightful we are planning on doing similiar buthopefully in the next 3 years before Ryan start his schooling most likely

big Hi's to everyone else i'd better go and finish cooking tea ryan had an early bath today cause he was very unhappy and he fell asleep in daddy's arms there was no waking him so i just put him to bed and hope for the best that he makes it through his usual routine tonight only waking twice now ( pray for Girls )

I'm so glad you all don't chat much on weekends as it's not so much to catch up on.

L I told you you'd fgure out which one I was! Glad you could make it.

Ahhh should have taken notes....

Shazz, I'm praying hard for ya chickie. Did you work this w/e?

Kell, So glad oyu're ok and Happy Birthday Charlie! Hope you got some cool pressies and mummy made you a neat cake!!

Nat I can't wait for Darcy to go to swimming lessons, you've reminded me to go and enrol her. I bought her the coolest little hot pink osh kosh togs the other day! Now I'll have to get her a rashie - I hate them but they need to be protected. Only prob is I'll have to get into togs too to swim with her.......uhoh.

Sheree I label and freeze all my milk in freezer bags. I keep a permanetn marker on the bench. You can keep it in the fridge 5 days but not in the door. The rule of thumb is 150ml per kg per 24hour period. Don't work it out for adult weight though cos you'd have to drink about 8L LOL!

Sara - great news about the house! I'm so glad to hear you say that about Brent, as I rmemeber when you were majorly stressed about him.

Hmmmmm hope everyone else is having a great weekend. Darc has been a bit out of routine the last couple of days as we have been busy and now I am paying for it so I totally understand Mummy. Only had 4 hours last night and man I am struggling. Just waiting for her to go off then I might hit the sack myself.
    Oh and DH made me go to his mums the other day....not a word was mentioned, but his dad din't speak directly to me at all. Every time the baby cried as they jiggled her around they would say "give her back to Daddy, or Daddy will look after her" - LOL he has no idea with her and wouldn't be able to stop her crying in a fit! They want him to come for the day next time as I only let him go between feeds (well I'm not feeding there after what they said, and I'm not sending a bottel as I don't want them to feed her - that's our job but I know they would insist) - but we will do that when the moon turns to cheese!

Yep Kim i had to work on Saturday nothing to hard = 3 hours he he getting into togs this little black duck isn't going to attempt it not for a while i reckon i have gained another 5 kg i swear not freakin happy jan !!!!!!! bummer having to go to the outlaws house maybe let Dh take darcy while your there so they see that you are her main care giver and she settles for you ( a bit of a nah nah naa nanaaaaa )

night i'm going to bed now in prepration for a lousy night

Kellee - nice to see you back and happy birthday Charlie hope you had a really good one sweetie.

Shazz - gl that ryan is a good boy for you. Sleep tight Shazz well as best you can!!

Kim - I can't complain out my partner, but boy I just don't understand these partners of yours you are all talking about, cause Wade is sooo good. Although I asked Wade to look after him all day today while I got his thank you cards out and by the end of the day you could see that he just wanted a break and I wasn't giving in, I have things too do, and this is what we do all day long....... I didn't even sterlise bottles and I should have and thought he may of but nope they just don't realise that is all I do all day is feed/settle/express/sterilise/feed/settle/express/sterilise. Hope Darcy doesn't play up for you too much seeing as her routine has been messed up over the weekend. I am going to talk to my CHN and ask her how I go about his feeds and the qty's. I think standardly he has 8 feeds, I have been writing them down so that would be the 640ml you are talking about. But if I increased the feeds from 80ml to say 90ml would that mean he will stretch out to 3 hours instead of 2 or not, or will I just give him a pain in the tummy again. The other day I am sure it was not the milk, as it was definitely only a few days old in the fridge not the door, but I am sure it was cause he had 10 god dam feeds, silly boy. If only he would sleep during the day and cut out a feed!!! grrr.....

Sara - nice to see you back. Gl with the new house, sounds nice. Sounds like Briley is a very happy baby, good for you.

Tanya - did Chris bring home some fish? Where's mine hehe

Nat - how are you today?

Alison - Where are you haven't heard from you in a while?

Well Lachie is definitely better today, going to speak to the CHN on tuesday re: his feeds like what I said in my post to Kim, any advice anyone?

Evening Girls,

Sara: Congratulations on the house, it sounds beautiful, Briley will love it! I grew up in the city and when we were looking for a house to buy in Bundaberg, I was looking for acreage as I think it is a wonderful environment for kids....However DP had other ideas and we are on a tiny 625sq metre block haha one day maybe. Great to hear Briley's belly button and conjuctivitis is better. Great job getting her into a rouine (something I need to start doing!!) All you need now is to knock out that 1.30am feed and you can get a full nights sleep. Jayden is also babbling and smiling heaps too, isn't it unbelievable how fast time is going?? Before we know it our tiny lil babes will be walking and talking....and dare I say it.....going to school!! Thats great the bleeding has stopped, but let us know how you go at the Dr's....has the cramping stopped or are you still getting them. Good on you Brent, can you come teach Chris how to be a father. I told him the other day he's not to touch Jayden again until he can learn to be a father!!! A bit harsh maybe but if putting a dummy in his mouth doesn't stop him crying TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!! Its not that hard!! LOL.... MEN.

Shazz: Hope Ryan is feeling better and he sleeps through for you, maybe get an early one yourself just in case hahaha

Kim: I obviously missed something.....you don't get on with the IL's? They sound very spiteful, I have my probs with IL's but generally they are pretty good. Well I hope Darcy sleeps well for you tonight!!

Sheree: Does Wade want to go on tour with Brent to teach the other DP's and DH's how to be a good father? LOL I asked Chris when he called if he caught any fish and he said they had got some tuna.....not that I have seen it, so who knows!! haha How is your feeding going? Its not long before you go to Mackay and I know you wanted it all sorted by then. With feed amounts I make up 240ml of formula (when he has a bottle) and he will prob drinks about 180 - 200ml and he has approx 4 hourly feeds and sleeps through most nights. When I BF him, he will only feed for about 10mins if that so I don't know how much he is getting but he still goes 4 hours between feeds most times. Great to hear Lachie is better...I hope you are feeling better too Good luck on Tuesday with CHN and let us know how you go.

Well both of my boys are asleep already!! We went to the markets this morning with MIL, FIL, SIL #1 and #6 weather was beautiful so I'm glad we went and spent some time outside. We came home and I was falling asleep on the floor next to Jayden playgym so I picked him up and had a nap in bed, woke up at 3.30pm for a feed and both of us fell asleep again until 6pm!! So it was pizza for dinner cause DP had also fell asleep and neither of us wanted to cook. So I got the lazy day I wanted!! YAY.

Hope you all had a great weekend

xoxoxo
    Last edited by Tannis; August 14th, 2006 at 02:09 AM.

I can't believe I am still awake!!

I was going to wake Jayden up for another feed, but he was sleeping so peacefully I couldn't do it!! I went to bed about 12.30am, went through my sms's and deleted some til 1am and have layed in bed trying to sleep until now (2am). I had to get up cause I was getting too hungry LOL so I am sitting in front of the laptop eating custard and fruit salad!! Too weird!! Hmm....finished that bowl.....might have another hehehe I don't think I should have had that sleep this afternoon!!

Well I hope all of you are tucked in tight, I'm going for another bowl then try and get some sleep!!

xoxoxo

Morning everyone
    well as i guessed we had a crappy night Ryan woke up every hour or so!! so i stood there patting his butt for most of the night although daddy took him out of our room this morning from 5.30 am so i could get a few hours in i've only just got up now fed Ryan and his back in my bed ( it's nice and warm lol ) still feel like i've been hit by a truck though i think i'm coming down with something -- just what i need
    Tania ~ you lucky girl you i wish i could sleep through the day but i've never been able to ever hope your not to tired today

Sheree ~ no advice sorry hun but i'm glad little lachie is better today your doing a great job (((((hugs)))))

be back later

Afternoon girls,

Shazz: Poor you, your lack of sleep was not your own doing unlike mine!! I hope Ryan has a big sleep for you today and if you can't sleep during the day with him, at least put your feet up, watch TV and relax.

Jayden woke up at 2.45am for a feed (I was still awake anyway) I fed him without changing him as I didn't want him to wake up completely so I could go to sleep too haha but he had other ideas.....After his feed he decided it was play time!! So into bed with me he came and we got about 3hrs sleep. DP went to work this morning then sends me a text saying I will have to take some petrol out to him at 4pm as THINKS he nearly ran out on the way to work....so I think that is all I'm doing today that and housework. It's DP's 30th bday on Friday and I have no idea what to get him!!

I hope everyone has a great day,

xoxox

Time for a new thread girls

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678