Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Bec he's definitely a people bird - he doesn't even really know he's a bird. I couldn't put him outside as he's never lived outside - he shuns our avairy birds and gets stressed by things that fly overhead. He's a real nut. The huge pet place here is going to pay me for him and then look for a home for him.

aaaww kim your not being dumb at all you poor thing what a decicision!!! but i agree you have to put Darcy first and if you can find him a decent home where he'll be loved just as much as you love him all the better and yay on your friend joining more the merrier here ( he he she who is a ring in anyway says ) any way we had a quiet day today visited nanny & pop thats about it i think the only down fall with Day care is that for the 2 days he ws there the staff rocked Ryan to sleep and all day this is what he expected me to do well i don't think so little man so tonight he is not liking me one little bit but he'll get over it night i'm off to bed

ohhh a friend of ours finally is holding her baby daughter Olivia tonight after a very long hard time trying to conceive i'm so happy for them and i can't wait to see her it will be wierd holding a newborn again

Sorry just a quick one am currently expressing again so this is very hard 2 type but wanted to say hi to everyone.

Nat I am still not getting notifications am I doing something wrong?

Hi, I'm new to this section. My DD was born in early May. I hope you don't mind me joining in. Anyone got any hot tips on how to get my baby to stop crying and go to sleep. We have only slept through the night four times since birth. And she screams and screams, like someone is trying to pull her toes off. we've tried everything, thicker formula for her reflux, wind drops, gripe water, warm baths before bed, tummy runbs, cuddle and quiet time - you name it. HELP.

Hey Everyone.

What a day!! Left home at 11.30am and didn't get home til 4.30pm. I went to the parents room to feed Jayden and nearly 10mins later he detached himself but instead of crying he just looked at me and started smiling, then I went to get a kebab for lunch and sat down to eat and Jayden was sitting in his pram talking and laughing away....It was def the best he has ever been while we are shopping other than when he's asleep haha. I got home to finally finish off these albums and when I went up to the post office to send them Jayden was under his gym happily kicking and talking....5 mins later when I got home he was crying his poor little head off and DP was just sitting on the couch and said "I don't know how to stop him"!! So I spent the next half hour trying to get him to go to sleep. I started eating dinner DP said he'll take him while I eat.....I swear it was 30 seconds later Jayden starts whinging a little and DP's telling me to take him.....an hour later I got to eat my dinner!! I don't know why he doesn't know how to settle Jayden, everyone is telling me to just leave Jayden with him and he'll have to work it out but I can't do that to Jayden, he gets too worked up and then it makes it harder for me to calm him down again. Expressing this morning wasn't very successful, I only got 40ml from both sides and I expressed a little earlier and got he same (we'll eventually make up enough for a bottle!!haha) Other than the probs with DP my day was busy but good, I think I got everything done haha

Nat: I love bonds, Jayden has Bonds Boy PJ's (he finally fits them YAY). I can't believe Em drank 230ml Great effort!! I hope your feeling better after your relaxing day...I'm going to have one of those (fingers crossed) tomorrow hehe. Tonight is the last night DP has night shift so I will make a concious effort to sleep in the middle of the bed haha
    Whats dropping off the notifications?

Kim: Oh Kim!! What a dilema!! Obviously Darcy will come first but its hard to give up a pet too. Maybe you know someone that will take care of him and that way you can still visit. If he is that attached to you how would he go with another person? What ever you decide to do you know we will be there to support you!! I had to give up a dog years ago and it was one of the hardest decisions I had to make but one I had to make. Luckily now my 2 dogs and cat coped well with Jayden coming home, they are always inside but know not to go near him. My younger dog was a bit jealous at first but he's ok now. Can't wait for your friend to join!!!

Shazz: CONGRATS to your friend and welcome little Olivia into our world!!

Vic: Well done Adam you brave boy!! And good luck Dylan for your needles!!

Marlea: Welcome to BB, look forward to getting to know you and your DD. Have you tried wrapping her? Jayden has never been into that but some babies like it. Jayden is going through what I can only hope is a phase but having me holding him tight and walking around with him, it time consuming but it works. Not sure what else to try sounds like you have tried nearly everything!!

Well I have the opposite problem ATM Jayden is asleep and has been for a while so I know as soon as I get into bed guess who's going to be waking for a feed!! Hmm what to do??

Night everyone

oxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Marlea - and welcome!
    Sorry to hear you are having such problems with your DD.
    Tannis' idea about wrapping (tightly) is a good one. I did that for a while and it worked.
    Obviously she's on formula (like mine) - how much (ml) are you giving DD each feed & how old is she? Have you tried to change formulas? Maybe the one she has disagrees with her and upsets her tummy? Talk to your maternal nurse or GP about that before you change though.
    How does she sleep & act during the day?
    I guess the key is to try and work out why she is so upset... hungry, hot, cold, overtired, reflux or colic... (the list seems endless).
    A number of people have suggested Chiropractic for my son (who was a nightmare sleeper). Apparantly that can work wonders. A nice thing you can do for her is give a baby massage twice a day. Any 'natural' oil will do (ie: even cooking oil, jojoba, almond etc... don't use 'J&J baby [mineral] oil'
    I was able to get into sleep school - and learnt a few settling tips that have been really handy. He wouldn't go to sleep, and would get so overtired in the evenings. Eventually he would cry himself to sleep as he was so exhausted (around midnight). Now I notice his "tired signs" and put him in his basinette awake. Sometimes I have to pat him or rock him a little while... but he goes to sleep fairly quickly. After a week of this, most of the time he just goes to sleep by himself without rocking/patting.
    He had small dummies that would fall out and upset him. So sleep school suggested I get the bigger dummy with the round knob on the end. These have been much better.
    I am trying to increase his night time feeds so that he sleeps longer through the night. He has got to a 5 hour sleep which is great - but I don't go to bed till late, so I miss the opportunity to have a 5 hour sleep!
    Pinky McKay has a new book on baby sleep - it may be worth picking that up and reading through. She has some nice ideas and is into comfort parenting rather than controlled crying.
    Can you book in for a sleep school near you? Ask your maternal nurse or hospital for details. They are a blessing!

Hope that she settles soon.
    I understand how you are feeling... and sometimes the only thing that kept my hubby & I sane was knowing that it wouldn't last forever!

Quiet in here this morning???

So far so good for a quiet day here....no phone calls, no visitors, DP came home from work (and woke us GRRR!!!) but went fishing an hour later. I need sleep today, my dog was barking and scratching at the door to go out at 3.30am I got up to let him put only to find he had thrown up already, Jayden woke up with all the noise, so after I cleaned dog spew, I fed Jayden (after disinfecting myself first) then he thought it was play time!! Anyway it was nearly 5am when we got back to sleep......Jayden in bed with me and of course I went to sleep on my side of the bed again!!LOL

I'll pop in later

oxooxox

Good afternoon everyone.
    My DD slept well last night. She must have known I was talking about her and wanted to show me up. LOL
    I did something different though last night. I put the gripe water in her bottle. I am not sure if you are supposed to do this, but I thought it can't really hurt her. Seemed to work a treat. Fed her at 11 and by 11:30 she was asleep in my arms, so into bed she went. She then woke at 5. I didn't change her or unwrap her as she was crying with her eyes closed. She took her bottle, burped nicely, and was asleep again by 1/4 to six and slept until 10:30. WOW!

Tannis and Jodie - thanks for all your tips. She likes to be wrapped with one hand out so she can suck her hand/thumb. I let her do this in the day, but it's too cold at night. It's freezing of a night at the moment.

Jodie - Kaitlyn's on Karicare HA AR or what ever it is. It's thick and I think it might be giving her an upset stomach, thus causing her sleeping issues. She used to be on NAN and it seemed be okay but she would projectile across the room. :O( She takes 150 mls and has 5 feeds a day, sometimes 6. She's the same age as Scrappyfish's Darcy. (**Hello!!*), born on 9 May.

I might go and get a bigger dummy for her and try and get some info on baby massage. Does anyone know who and where they run courses, or should a book from the library, or info off the WWW be okay?

I have no clue these days.

I can hear my 'princess' now. Better be off.

Welcome Marlea9 - my son has reflux too and when he went on that Karicare Sensicare HA AR, he had terrible pains, but he is also Cows Milk Protein Intolerant, and just so happens that formula has cows milk in it. He was in terrible pain that day, now we are on a prescription one, I give him one bottle a night at this stage.

Tanya - Yeah on not being disturbed for a change, I on the other hand can't wait to go to Mackay to visit friends and relatives so that there are some extra hands to hold my boy I am sooo tired and just want to have a sleep.....

My boy has slept for 2 lots of 7 hours stretches the last two nights running, yeah, hope this continues.

Marlea: Good job, 11.30pm-5am is fantastic and to go back to sleep after that again!! I hope Kaitlyn keeps it up for you. I've heard of putting gripe water in the bottle, I gave Jayden gripe water mixed with water once and it seemed to work, but he doesn't really have a huge problem with wind so we don't use it now.

Sheree: How was your day with the other antenatal mums? How often do you come to Bundaberg? We should meet up for a coffee or lunch, I'll hold lil Lachie for ya haha. When are you going to Mackay?

Bugger SIL #1 is here......finish this off later

Kim ~ Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. And the more the merrier re your invite! What a difficult decision to make with your corella. Big and all the best with it. Youíre definitely not being dumb at all.

Bec ~ Hi how you going sweet?

Shazz ~ It would definitely be strange to hold a newborn again thatís for sure. I was rocking Em today and thought ĎGee youíre getting heavy mate!í They grow so fast!!

Sheree ~ Are you getting notifications now hun? I hope you get more stretches of 7 hour sleep!!!

Vic ~ Ouchie at the 3 separate needles. Sounds like a one person on each side jabbing is a better way to do it. Glad to hear that he went well though. And OMG at almost being 4. People say time flies when you have kids but until youíre holding those precious bundles in your arms you really donít get it do you.

Marlea ~ Welcome to our Babies born in May!! Iím sure youíll love it here. I really have no more advice about the crying. The other girls suggestions were great though. Glad to hear that you had a good night. My mum suggested putting gripe water in Emís bottle when he had wind also. I definitely back the recommendation of Pinkyís book. Books and the internet are good but hands on stuff is great as well. Maybe try the written info first and if that doesnít help look for a course. And of course we are always here for you! Also we never do a night change Ė the midwives said that they are fine overnight unless theyíve done a poo.

Tania ~ Iíve got a friend whoís DH was exactly the same as yours. She come over to my place one night and Ĺ an hour later he rocked up with their little boy because be couldnít calm him down. In the end it took my friend going back to work at night for DH to finally learn. I suggest that you express and go out for the day. Turn your phone off and try not to think of it. Sounds drastic LOL but from the sounds of it he will just keep handing Jayden back. And youíre not doing it for you Ė youíre doing it so Jayden can bond properly with his father. Any way Iíll stop rambling LOLÖ probably not making much sense any way . Bonds is great isnít it Ė I wish I had the bonds PJís they are so cute!! Notifications are the emails you get saying someone has replied to the thread. LOL @ the attempt to sleep in the middle of the bed. I still sleep on my side of the bed too rofl! LOL @ SIL #1 being thereÖ. Everytime I see SIL # in your posts I have to laughÖ I donít even have one SIL rofl!!! Actually I kind of do but I donít classify DPís family as ILís yet rofl!!

I was so tired and grumpy yesterday and then today Emerson decided that screaming non-stop was his favourite activity for some reason. I think he may be constipated again. Iím not sure what causes it though Ė his feeds havenít changed at all. Iím really excited because I am arranging for Em to go to swimming lessons next school term. I am so excited. He will be a month early but he loves the water and its going to be so much fun. And Iím also booking him into Kindergym as well. Its every Wednesday and that will be good as well even though he will be a tad too young. He is very interested in whats around him though and it will be good stimulation that way. And there is song time at the end and he LOVES songs!! Oh well I best get going. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Nat: I would leave Jayden home with him so he can learn but Jayden gets so worked up for no reason (or an easily resolved reason) I just don't think its fair on him. I agree though DP needs to learn and bond better with him, I often say "Jayden this is daddy....Daddy this is Jayden" Just my subtle way of saying DP doesn't spend enough time with him LOL. Can't you get the Bonds PJ's in SA? I got his from BigW, I have updated the website, there is a pic there of his PJ's they are gorgeous!! You are more than welcome to some of my SIL's I have 6 of them on DP's side and thank god only 1 on my side but she's in WA anyway. 5 of my SIL's live in Bundaberg!! SIL #1 didn't stay too long which was good and I got a phone call while she was here anyway. SIL #6 came over at about 5pm just as I was about to feed Jayden, then we went out for dinner with #1 and #6 LOL gets confusing haha.

OMG I did a STUPID thing tonight!! DP didn't want to go out so I decided Jayden and I would go anyway, SIL #6 was holding him so I thought I would go and put the pram in the car.......stupid me just opens the boot.....I put the keys in the boot while I folded up the pram and put it in and yes you guessed it....LOCKED THE KEYS IN THE BOOT!!! I haven't got RACQ roadside either but SIL #6 does so we called them out hoping they would be nice and just do it under her membership...but he wouldn't and it cost me $88 ahh well it could have been worse I guess. RACQ guy was telling us he went to a call earlier for a 6yo boy locked in the boot with the keys!!! He jumped in there while putting his school bag in because their cat had jumped in there, he was playing with the cat in boot with the keys when another cat came and jumped on the boot and it closed and locked!!! He was in there for 20mins before anyone realised where he was and 2hrs until he could get out!!

I should start adding everyone to my MSN hey....I was going to get my own MSN but I might just share with DP.

Have a good night
    oxoxo

I hope your feeling better today Nat, and Em too!! Swimming lessons...how exciting, I think it should be compulsary for kids to learn how to swim there are way too many pool accidence!! Heated pool would be nice. SIL #3 & #4 both have pools so come summer, Jayden will be in one of them. Kindergym sounds great too, you both sound like your going to be very busy!! Em will really benefit from it starting at a young age!! I have booked Jayden in at the library where they have story/song time for about half hour, its not until october and I will be back at work then I will see if I can get that morning off each week I think it goes from Oct to Dec should be good though a friend is coming with us with her daughter (11 weeks older than Jayden). Well Nat I hope Em has been good for you today!!

oxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Marlea - good to hear that DD had a good night! My DS is on S26, and when he wasn't sleeping the maternal nurse suggested I try S26 AR for reflux. But she suggested I blend the two at first, rather than go from one to the other. But weeks later, I am still blending. I don't think he suffers from reflux... and I will faze the reflux mixture out again. But she said the two mixtures are the same except the AR has maise (?) in it to make it thicker.

I'm not sure where you could do a baby massage course in NSW. I know in Melbourne. I'm sure WWW or a book would give you enough information. I did a 2 week course with Pinky McKay - plus some one-on-one with her and it's not too difficult. You could email Pinky (via her website: www. pinky-mychild.com) and ask if she knows anyone near your area who does massage... or see if she could give you some information.

Tannis - I'm always a bit wary when I get an MSN invite - and I hadn't read the BB forum when I accepted the "stranger invitation". Then it came up 'Tania', then I checked BB. I'm looking forward to chatting with you!! You can always try and buzz me... even if it says 'away'. I'm not usually far away! If anyone else is on msn and wants to add me, the addy is in my profile!

Sheree - I'm so jealous!!! 2 x 7 hours!! that would be bliss. I asked my Maternal nurse on Thursday how I could extend Shauns sleep during the night, and she said I shouldn't feed him as soon as he wakes up (which is either 2am or 4am depending on when he goes down). He's started sleeping in 1x 5 hr, then a 4hr. So at 3am he woke up, and I got him out of the basinette and put him on the bed with me. Rather than pop his bottle straight in, I gave him a hug... and then we BOTH fell asleep! We both woke up another hour later! Well... that worked! So I'm going to try and do that, until he sleeps 6-7 hour blocks.

On Wednesday night my sister & I joined up to the gym. Then I went on Thursday night, and whilst I was there, hubby was taking care of Shaun. When I get home, he said he fed him the bottle that was on the bench... which had been sitting there for 10 hours!!!!! Idiot!! Shaun was okay that night, but has turned feral today. Little wonder as his stomach must have been in knots. He would have the blood-curdling cries, and some foul nappies. But I've been feeding him small amounts of milk, and boiled water, he got a massage, and we had a long dip in our spa bath tonight. Around 11pm he drank his full milk and has gone to sleep (more than an hour now which is the longest all day). My hubby has a LOT to learn!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Em is asleep so I am just heading to bed myself but I thought I'd post and say hi LOL.

Tania ~ I know how you feel about leaving Jayden upset like that. Just checked out your website and OMG he just gorgeous. I love the Bonds PJ's they are great!!! And the Tigger suit is just tiggerific!!! I love it rofl!! LOL @ Jodie with the MSN invite as well!! I have had a few troubles with 'strangers' on MSN lately and I double checked before accepting. I am pretty much always around as well!! Can't wait to get chatting. Damn at locking your keys in the boot - that would have sucked and $88 OMG I would have been ****ed LOL. That's an expensive mistake!! That is so great that you have that at your local library. Emerson would love that so much - you should see his face light up when you sing to him - so cute!! You have reminded me to go to the library and get my free bag LOL. I will do that this week some time. I am hoping he benefits from it and has fun at the same time. I'm so excited about swimming (can you tell LOL???) I'm almost jumping with glee lmao!!

Jodie ~ I have also added you to MSN details - its fairly obvious who I am LOL!! I do the same thing with Em that you do with Shaun re sleeping. I love getting that extra hour and the snuggles are excellent too. We've def started getting longer sleeps from it. Did you enjoy the gym? I so wish I could join but I don't think I have the money or time for it... for a SAHM I am just way to busy LOL. LOL @ your DH. Poor little Shaun and his stomach after that milk - ewww... I hope he's feeling better!

Well Ladies I am off to bed. Not feeling tired but I'm sure that will change once my head hits the pillow... well one can hope can't they? I normally have heaps of people online with MSN but no one is on rofl... all of sleeping or having lives hehe! Though funnily enough Tania your DH must have just signed in because your name went from Tania to Chris lmao!!!

Morning girls,

Its an early one this morning, Jayden woke at about 6am and put him in bed with us til 6.30am, he's now playing under his gym kicking and gooing away....I love a peaceful morning!!

Jodie: Sorry I should have waited a bit so you knew it was me, I'm usually a bit wary too. Years ago we got sent a virus and I nearly lost all my photos.....luckily DP knows computers and he recovered them all (I think all). Putting Shaun in bed with you is a good idea, Jayden often falls sleep again and its not unusual for us to get a 7, 8 or sometimes 9 hour sleep!!

Nat: I can see if the PJ's are still there if you want they cost jsut under $16, I love them sooo much. I quickly washed them and he is back in them now haha.

Anyway I'll be back later...DP is cooking bacon and eggs for me YUMMY!!!

Poor Shaun with the milk!! I hope he is ok....Least its not really hot ATM or the milk may have turned already!

I can tell your excited about swimming lessons, Em will love it. How long til the new term starts? Ask your local library if they have story time for kids, the age group for the one we are going to is 6mths- 2 yrs I think Jayden will be just under but they don't mind haha.

Well today DP is playing footy in Hervey Bay and Jayden and I are going to a jewellery party this afternoon. Not sure whats on for tonight, nephew is having a party...might crash that LOL or better still might stay home haha

Have a great day all

oxoxox

Well ladies, after two really good nights it just had to end didn't it grrrr....... All day he was crying not long after every feed, I thought I could read the signs and nursed him to sleep. He cat napped all day long after every 2 hourly feed. Then come his last feed last night at 9:45pm he threw up sooo much of his feed it wasn't funny (this was his only formula feed for the night), then it all started, he screamed and screamed and screamed, the look in his eye was so upsetting, that even I was crying! And Wade told him "For crying out loud Lachie" (and he never gets upset)

Don't know what the hell was wrong! The only thing I could think of is that I am so ahead of myself with the expressing, that the oldest stuff was too old? I am guessing the stuff I gave him yesterday was Wednesday's lot but I am not sure. I have decided to freeze that lot and try it with him again another day (like on a weekend - when Wade is here) to see if that was the problem. But from now on I am going to start labelling my bottles grrr..... just to be sure to be sure!

But after chatting to NAT on MSN this morning I am wondering if he fed too much and got a sore tummy???? I give him 70-75ml of EBM as per the CHN'S information based on his size (and he still throws some up), and he feeds every 2 hours (wish he fed longer then this grrr...). He fed at:
    7:30am
    10:15am
    12:15am
    2pm
    4pm
    6:45pm
    8:30pm (only a 50ml feed)
    9:45pm (formulae 90ml feed)
    1:00am (60ml feed)
    4:30am (Boobie)
    6:30am (but I normally count this in the next days feed schedule)

So just counting all that up, that is 10 feeds in 24 hours, approx 720ml. Do you think he ate too much and got a tummy pain?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Tanya, didn't realise who added me to MSN and it was you, cool. Can't chat now, need to go do a bit of housework and sterilise some bottles, but would love to catch up sometime, might have to be when I come back from Mackay, not enough time before I leave on Thursday.

Sorry for lack of personals gals, need to get moving Lachie has finally gone down to sleep with Daddy and should make the most of the free time seeing as Wade has soccer tonight.

Oh I just texted Kellee and she is fine, she has just had some birthdays etc... and she has been real busy, she misses us and will post tonight.

Bye for now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast