Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #5

Jodie - just checked out that link, I missed ACA too. So other then baby massage what did Pinky teach you, can you fill me in. Glad Shaun is sleeping better for you now.

Tanya - did I miss your post how did your b/f session with Alyson go?

Mummy4life - yeah I bleed on and off all the time, you didn't happen to DTD did you, or miss a pill? Are you on the mini pill too?

We are meeting up with 3 other ladies from antenatal today should be good.

Oh and with the nappies, I thought we had grown out of newborn (huggies), but now we have gone up a size 4-8kg (in the Huggies and Baby Love) they just seem to big, does anyone else have this problem. I try to do them up realy tight but to do that I have to overlap the velcro!!! Is Lachie just too small and I should keep persisiting with the newborn ones????

Jodie, I saw it and you did great! Shaun is such a cutie - he is going to break some hearts when he is older LOL. I am pleased it turned out so well for you.

Sheree ~ A few times I thought that Em had grown out of the Newborns but he could still fit into them. The biggest sign for me was that they started leaking (I wanted him to stay in Newborn for as long as possible hehe. I remember when the new born was too big for him ) Then silly me picked up the wrong nappies and got 6 - 11kg Crawlers... and I was wondering why they were so big!! Doh!! I have swapped them tho I haven't had a chance to use them yet. The Snugglers 4 - 8 kg fit perfectly though I can't imagine them fitting him when he's close on 8kgs...? I hope you have a great meet up today.

Well so far so good... We had a bottle @ 7 and the next one is planned for 11 which will be when we're on the train which is good. He is just nodding off to sleep in my arms now. Seriously considering whether I should do my exercise tape before I have my shower... I haven't done it ONCE yet... I'm not sure if I can do both scrap booking AND exercising in a 48 hour period though rofl...

angelique Guest

Hello,

Scrappy im doing ok how are you, thanks for asking babe, getting there slowly. It has been extremely hard with the sleep deprivation and poor Katerina's colic. I have started the chiro to see if that will give her some relief. Hope it does her some good as she actually slept better last night but I did have her in bed with me so I did not have to get up a million times. Im giving anything a go.

Shazz, How does it feel to be back at work? It must be so nice to get some time to yourself hey? How is little Ryan going? Is he a good boy?

How is everyone else and their little ones going?

Ange - So good to hear from you. I hope that Katerina's colic settles down. I find Em will sleep better in my arms and if he settles in my arms before I put him down he stays asleep longer in comparison to him self settling. How often is she up during the night?

Em & I are going very well. Like I mentioned in previous posts I am trying him on a routine today so we will see how that goes. I'm going to introduce a morning walk (nice idea girls - sets a routine and I get exercise!) and a night time bath and 4 hourly feeds and see how we go.

And folks I just did my exercise tape.... OMG

Morning Everyone,

We didn't get a full night sleep, but it wasn't too bad. Jayden went to sleep at about 11pm then woke at 4am then 5.30am, after that one I left him in bed with me as his poor lil hands were sooo cold!! Then DP woke us up when he got home at 7.30am (GRRR).

Bec: 'OUCH' it sounds painful! Or at least very uncoomfortable. I hope you are feeling better soon!! Mason is huge!! But oh so cute!! Your obviously doing a great job with BF now. I read something about that US magazine, I don't think it was that bad all you can see is skin you can't see a nipple. Those 5000 ppl obviously had nothing better to do with there time! I've heard a bit about Aldi nappies maybe I'll give them a go. Jayden had 1 newborn babylove not long ago as a friend had spares from her daughter, they seemed fine but getting too small for him so I didn't take the rest and I still haven't got the snugglers off her but the ones I tried were fine for day but haven't tried them at night.

Nat: When I first moved otu with DP (OMG 9years ago) I used to love just paying the bills cause I was spending money LOL how sad!! Despite having the bed to myself, I always sleep on my side!! I try to sleep in the middle but I always end up on my side again, force of habit I guess LOL. I was rapt about his weight gain, although I have been substituting 1 bottle at night it has given me confidence again that I am feeding him enough.....def the last thing I needed was SIL #3 making a b**chy comment like that. Hope you have fun in the city today, and Em will love his 1st train ride!!

Kim: I have no excuse for not going outside, its beautiful weather here in Bundaberg....I think its just laziness LOL I haven't used sunscreen on Jayden yet so I can't help, but my niece (3yo) has sensitive skin so I'll find out what SIL #4 uses on her.

Shazz: What an understanding boss you have, mine would be the same I think and I live only 5mins away from work. Taking the pump with you sounds like a good idea.

Kim: How cute that Darcy talks to herself and is happy to do that for a while before you having to get up!! LOL @ someone switching babies...How good is it when they finally start sleeping regulary. Jayden still changes his sleep times around a little bit, just to keep me on my toes I think haha but he is generally a good sleeper.

Mummy: Sounds like AF is confused!! Have you been to the Dr's about it? Hope everything is ok. Glad Samuel is getting better and Phoebe's sleeves are dryer haha.

Sheree: Jayden had gained 210grams in a week making him 4.85kgs (I really thought he'd hit the 5kg mark). Alison said he could be fussing because of something I have eaten or him still getting over his needles, so hopefully he is going to settle down soon. And of course as usual he fed perfectly while we were there!! Alison told me to continue with compressions and expressing so I can replace formula with EBM once I have enough but was happy for me to give him 1 FF a day to give me a break for now. She also gave me some info on Domperidone to increase my milk supply which I need a script for and also Fenugreek and Blessed thistle which are natrural. So I'll give it a few days to see how the expressing goes and if that will increase it without me getting anything else. How are you and Lachie going? Have fun today with the antenatal ladies. We have also gone to the 4kg-8kg huggies, thye were too big att first but they fit him good now, the tabs go to just either side of pooh and eeyore haha. If Lachie's not leaking in there keep them as he will probably grow out of the NB ones before you finish the pack. Jayden could maybe fit into NB still but not worth buying them now.

Angelique: I do that with Jayden too(put him in bed with me) but he had his cradle right next to my bed but I still hate getting up when its cold haha. I hope Katerina's colic gets better, good luck at the Chiro.

YAY Nat for doing the excerise video....I know I have one somewhere haha

Oh Alison also said DP's family are around too often and I really need at least 3 days at home with NO visitors....I said that to SIL #1 so we'll see how that goes LOL. So our aim today is a quiet one at home and maybe a walk to the post office later to post photo albums and DVD of Jayden to my friends and family in Melb.

I'll pop in later, have a good day everyone!!

oxoxox

missbexy27 Guest

Jodie259 - don't worry about your little one turning into a beach ball! And if he does, he'll burn it all off when he starts walking!!! I was a FF baby and was really chubby - I looked like one of those BIG beach balls! And now I'm ok, still trying to lose the baby tummy, but ok!

Lea13 - Yes, he is very cute. Don't you love their little wrists when they're all chubby! They're like on those china dolls. And the chin (or should I say chins!), it's sooo cute. I am very happy with his weight, though. I was scared at first that he was putting on too much weight but then the paed said you could never overfeed when BF so I guess it's ok! And Americans are so prudish! You couldn't even see the nipple, only the skin and the gorgeous little baby feeding. And well done for doing the exercise tape - that should be me! I'm so lazy, especially when a good TV show comes on (I'm a sucker for the midday movie). I just can't seem to get myself off the couch to put it in the DVD player, then I know as soon as I start it, Mason will start crying....good excuse, huh! I do walk quite a bit (when it's not raining). That sounds great about the walk and bath. Mason used to have night time baths but he used to get soooo excited that he wouldn't go down! He kicks his little legs and almost takes off!!!

Angelique - hi there! Have you tried holding katerina with her tummy on your arm? It's hard to explain - you know when you cradle her, instead turn her over and rest her head in the crook of your elbow and her body will rest on your forearm. your hand will be between her legs. I do that with Mason when he has wind and he loves it - stops crying immediately. Apparentely it's the pressure on their tummy's that does it. Don't know, you've probably tried it but thought I'd just mention it. Good luck at the chiro - it's awful when they have colic, makes me very sad!

Tannis - I'm feeling better today thanks! Don't their little hands get sooo cold!!!! Mason always has cold hands, no matter how hot it is in our room! I bought him some mittens but he likes to suck on his fingers so I had to take them off. And that's a great weight for Jayden. When i had my BF probs I went to see my lactation consultant and Mason did not fuss one bit - MEN!!!!!!! I thought she would think I was just making a big deal out of nothing but I think it was because i felt relaxed as she was helping me. At home, you're sitting on the couch going 'I can't do it - he's gonna get all restless and not feed AAARRRGGHHH!!!' And Mason fussed quite a bit after his immunisations. That and sleeping - he slept almost the entire day and that was great as he got over it a lot quicker. He's due again next month and I don't want him to have them!!! I cried more than he did last time! You just wish you could tell them that it's ok and for their own good...then again, I cry when i have needles and I know they're for my own good!!!

neverplan - 100ml is great!!! Especially off one side - well done!!! I usually get that from both Now you have that, you can give him a bottle at his next feed or at a feed and then express when you give the bottle. So you don't ever miss a feed....
    Last edited by Lea13; August 10th, 2006 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Double Post

Vic: 100mls is fantastic!! I'm lucky to get 40mls from both sides now!! Once (weeks ago) I got 130ml from one side, that was at 3am and I was so excited I SMS'ed DP at work to tell him haha. If you express a bit more before you go out you can give it to Adam tonight if he's going with you.

Bec: I have mittens for jayden too but his hands are still cold, the only time they are warm is when I have him in my arms or in his pram, so on really cold nights I put him in the pram rather than his cradle. The needles didn't bother me at all LOL Jayden was pretty good too he cried when the needle went in and then slept the rest of the afternoon, but whether its causing the BF'ing problems...who knows hopefully thats all thats wrong now. I think I am the same way at BF clinic, relaxed and I know Alison is there if anything does go wrong but at home there is no one to tell me what else to try. Just as we overcome one problem something else pops up.

missbexy27 Guest

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood!!!

Gees, a whole page to catch up on! I actually read it while you all wer still chatting this arvo, but decided on a nap with Darc instead of typing...

Jodie you so did not look awful! I thought you looked great! I even took notice of your freshly shaped brows!!

Mummy I'm officially not speaking to you - 6hrs indeed! In the last 5 weeks I have had AF for 20days!! (4x 5 days). I'm sorry to hear about Phoebe though.

Tania proud of your efforts with your SILs, and glad to hear Jayden's putting on weight. Was there good stuff at the party? Haven't been to one of those in ages. I love night shift too cos I can have the bed - doesn't matter whether it's him or me!

Bec, wow Mason is a good size!! How amazing is it when you notice 'a bit extra of them' each week? You poor love with the stitches issues! I thought I was the only one still having body problems. How stupid are all those responses to that article? The world would be a much more pleasant place if people wrote in to complain about the way some adults eat....

Nat hope you had a lovely day honey. How did that gorgoeus boy go with the routine? You should see my desk! Well at least the mess that covers it.....I want someone to scrapbook with too....oooh I could come for a weekend LOL! Only Joking, be fun to do it with someone else though.

Angelique so glad you're still around. How did you go with the Tresillian??? Please tell me someone's helping you...send me an email if you want to talk. I've been worried.

Sheree, wow still in newborns? I didn't realise how small they'd grown til I put Darc in the bigger ones - definitely less leaks. How's his weight doing? Apparently the pill does cause some girls to bleed and that's yuk. I'm looking at getting the implanon like Nat - can't cope with this anymore. I'm feeling a bit anaemic as I've never bled this much in my life!!Sorry TMI.

Anyone spoken to Kellee?

Vic, I was only joking about the teeth - good to hear they're through though.

Can you all belive my beautiful girl is 3 months old today???
    Last edited by ~Kim~; August 9th, 2006 at 06:16 PM.

good evening ladies

no where is Kellee ????? Kellee where are you K E L L E E !

well girls i got through 2 whole days of being away from Ryan and i didn't even cry today when i dropped him off and when i got there to pick him up he was on the floor playing under a play gym giggling and flapping his arms and legs like a wild man so i think we can do this daycare thing any way i haven't caught up on the posts yet hope you are all well and we will be back tomorrow inbetween washing the mountain of laundry night every one i'm off to bed i'm knackered

3 months today little Darcy how time flies

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Girls,

Well I haven't been to see the doctor about AF, 6 hrs just doesn't seem right. It was a bit strange, as it wasn't your typical colour IYKWIM and it was extremely thick (sorry perhaps to much info)....so I don't know if I can even really say if it was truly AF. Have had quite a bit of cramping on and off for the past 2-3 weeks, like something is happening. See how it goes!!!

Took Phoebe back to the doctors today, even though she still has a slight wheeze and a rotten cough, her temp is down since yesterday and her nose appears to be clearing up. The doctor said that seeing as she has made an improvement, he doesn't need to see her again, not unless she goes down hill. She is still sleeping and feeding really well, so fingers crossed. Don't know if you guys have used those nasal drops FESS for your babies...but it works a treat.

Sorry again, no personals....haven't had chance to go back and have a read to see what you and your bubba's have been up to.

Take Care X

Woo Hoo, have graduated to a Kidlet....sorry just had to point that out!!

Sorry about the lack of posts lately - barely been around.

Kim - I use the Mirena which is an IUD. Has some side effects but they go away. I used it for 5 years before I fell pg with my first daughter. I got it put in last week and getting some spotting now.

Vic - 100mls is great from one boob at night. The evening is generally a time when your milk is at its lowest. Morning milk is generally more plentiful. If I express at night I get about 100mls from each boob. I have just expressed now 445am from one side and got 220 mls (travelling for a couple of hours today and need to bottle feed). Left the other side for DS when he wakes up which he is doing now!

Will pop in soon again.

Shan

Morning Girls,

Kim: Thanks, I'm learning to be more upfront LOL. I go to too many of these parties!! That Friday I had 2 undercover wear parties, this Saturday I have a jewellery party and on the 21st I have a candle party!! Undercover wear has some good stuff, I didn't buy anything though, not untill I'm back to pre-preg weight. Happy 3mth birthday for yesterday Darcy!! How quick does it go!!

Shazz: Well done for getting through 2 day of CC!!

Mummy: I would get that checked out especially if you have been getting cramps as well, it might not be anything but better to be safe than sorry. So happy Phoebe is getting better, I hope she continues to get better. Congrats on graduating to Kidlet haha.

Shan: 220ml!!! WOW I need your supply I'm lucky to get 40ml from both sides, I'm about to express now so well see how much I get, Jayden fed from both sides about an hour ago so I probably won't get that much.

We had a perfectly quiet day yesterday...no visitors, no phone calls, didn't even get out of my PJ's LOL(I did have a shower though hehe). Today will be a little busier, have to pay some off xmas layby at Kmart and Target, buy some more albums and finally post them off today.....Talk about mountains of laundry Shazz.....poor Jayden has barely any clothes left (nice ones anyway) and DP has no more uniforms for work, so best I get into that too. Well the bathroom will be nice and warm now so I better go have a shower and start my day.

Have a great day everyone

oxoxox

Why aren't I getting notifications Nat???

Yesterday was great. We had a lovely lunch and I got some great Bonds gear on special for Emerson. Em was an angel and his feeds and changes just slotted in perfectly. He feed 4 hourly like a charm and at his last bottle had 230mls :eek:. We did the bath again last night and I will keep doing it as well. I haven’t started the walking yet mainly because today I woke up and could barely keep my eyes open… I was so tired I just wanted to keep sleeping. Even now after a shower etc I could still go back to sleep. Its very strange – maybe I’m just not used to such a big day lol!!

Tannis ~ I love paying the bills too! I think its not only spending money but the satisfaction of actually having the money to pay it! LOL @ you sleeping on the right side of the bed. TBH so do I but things feel so crowded when DP is in there too!!! Sounds as though you’ve got a busy day planned for today. But whoo hoo for yesterday – that sounds brilliant!! That’s the kind of day I am having today!

Sheree ~ I don’t know hun. I just dropped off the notifications as well. I thought you were all just way too quiet…

Bec ~ LOL @ Mason getting excited when he has a bath. Em does but afterwards he has a bottle and then goes to sleep. Em is starting to get little chubby rolls on his leg which I love!!

Mummy ~ I hope Phoebe is going okay and you are as well. LOL @ graduating!! I never got to be any of the fun stuff! Just Teenrager and now Grown up … how boring!! I’m trying desperately to get to Golden Oldie rofl… which is 5000 post :eek:!!

Kim ~ Instead of typing last night I had a bludge night with Em on the couch which was lovely! I hope the bleeding eases. OMG @ Darcy being 3 months old… Em is 12 weeks today and I’m stunned the time has passed so fast!! You can come to my place anytime – a scrap booking weekend sounds great LOL!! If I’m ever in Sydney hehe…

Shazz ~ I am so glad that day care is working out for you. He sounds as though he had fun. You must be run off your feet though!! I hope you had a good sleep. How often are you working?

Shan ~ Hi its good to hear from you!

Kellee ~ Where are you hun??? I hope everything is okay!

Well we are continuing the bludging for the rest of the day. It’ll probably be our ritual Thursday night of hanging in the lounge eating take away and watching Lost hehe!! Emerson has a runny nose and a bit of a cough – no temperature though so hopefully he’s ok.

Big to everyone!!

Glad your day went well Nat. And Shazz, see he told you he would be ok.

Sheree, how's those boobs going? Are you still doing the hard yards?

We have been out with my mum and my nephew today for a bit of lunch. I had the pixiphotos done when Darcy was 3weeks old and have only just had the huge ones framed so we picked those up too. They are beautiful. Can't wait to put them up on the wall.
    I have made a very big decision today and I feel I need a bit of support, though it's totally understadable if you all think I'm being dumb. For the last three years I have had a pet corella. He's a bit smaller than a ****atoo and he talks - a whole lot. He is my bird as they generally align with only one person. Since I've had Darcy he's become uncontrollable. He hates everyone else and he's so so noisy. She doesn't seem to mind, but I think Cam's going to want a divorce soon (or snap the ****ie's neck). I love him to peices. He's got so much personality but is a certifed (really and truly) nutcase and has terrible anxiety disorder for which he has seen an avian behavioural psychologist. So I thikn I've decided he needs to find a new home. He might live until he's over 80 (he's only 6) and as much patience as I have, I don't know how much further it can stretch. I don't want to get rid of him but don't know what else to do.

Other than that, I have a firend whose little girl was born on the same day as Darcy (and Phoebe), and she was asking about websites, so I invited her to join our group - hope you all don't mind....

missbexy27 Guest

Hey scrappyfish, you poor thing! When Mason was born, our dog Cooper didn't get a look in !! Luckily he's always been an outside dog so there wasn't an issue of how he would be with mason. With your corella, does he live inside? Would he go outside in an aviary?? If he lives inside, he probably wouldn't like being alone but could you get another bird? Do they like other birds or is he a people bird? I think that you have to put your baby first (which it sounds as though you're doing), although he was there first. It's the hardest thing and we're lucky that we don't have that problem with any of our animals but if we did, I'd do exactly what you're doing. Maybe you could find a friend who would like him or your local vet would know someone????

P.S. - And you are no way being dumb!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast