Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #8

No childproof house here either Kim. Hopefully it will be a few more weeks yet of working out the mechanics of crawling. But I'm beginning to realise with babies they can just 'suddenly' do something and then that's it they quickly get a whole lot better at it! At least with his teeth I know what is wrong so I can give him some panadol which has helped. A picnic sounds lovely - what is the weather over there?

It was 30 yesterday and only 21 today. Not sure what plans we have for today. I need to clean my study with all the spring cleaning I've been doing I've kind of ignored the everyday stuff in here so I better have a tidy I think!

Happy 4 Month for yesterday Em!!!

Nat: I didn’t see your post yesterday, I posted and ran to bed pretty much and you posted 1 min before me hehe….
    OMG you should have just heard what came out of my boy (I hope it was his mouth…but I don’t think so LMAO) Ewwww its still going………”Daddy…..wanna change your 1st nappy??” *Evil Grin* hehehe
    Anyway haha…The I have used the Bonjela a few times, but Jayden hates the taste…I don’t blame him I tasted it after I saw him screw his face up LOL. Hows Em going with it? Poor Em cutting teeth already, I don’t think Jayden will be far off the way he’s biting everything and drooling. I don’t want to go on too much about my smothering in laws, but even Sheree has seen what they are like now!! We couldn’t even have lunch without 6 of them crashing it!! I love my new ticker too but it only gives the count down to his bday like yours . Clever boy Em rolling!! Email Jayden and tell him how to go the whole way LOL. Jayden is discovering his voice more and more now too and has started the squealing with excitement and giggling. We did get photos and video (care of Wade….Thanks Wade!) Sheree has most of the pics but I have a couple of her and Lachie when they first got in.

Kim: Good luck on the picnic today!!

Yesterday as I said was really good, we had heaps of fun!! But Jayden was up and down all night so sorry Sheree I was so so tired (it’ll be better next time haha). We got a few pics of the boys on the change table together (it was sooo cute!) and both boys surprisingly LOVED the water….Although I had to give Jayden to some man so I could get over the ropes LMAO it was so funny and of course Wade got it all on video LOL. We were in the water for maybe half hour and they boys had had enough so we went for lunch. We had no sooner got our lunch and SIL#2 and Niece#1 comes in, then FIL, MIL, SIL#1 and Niece#3!! They took Jayden to their table and passed him round to each person!! I think Sheree understands my frustrations now LOL. Anyway lucky Jayden wanted to be fed…>Although he was fine once he came back to me wasn’t he Sheree, just wanted to be away from them LOL. Then we went shopping and OMG…I didn’t buy anything!!! We got home at 4.45pm Jayden was still asleep and stayed that way so I put him in his cot and he slept for another hour in there….I went straight to bed too. We went to SIL#4’s house for dinner as BIL’s sister and family were up from Melb. Jayden slept there from about 9pm, we dragged him through the video shop afterwards and got home about 11.30pm, he fed and went straight to sleep by 11.45pm and didn’t wake til 7.30am!! Best nights sleep I have had in AGES!!

Well I’ve gone on and on for a while now I better go have a shower and call the Dr’s to get more meds! They are working a treat!! Yesterday I went to switch sides and as Jayden was attaching I got nearly a hand full of milk!! And I felt the let down on both sides before I started feeding him (haven’t had that for soo long!!)

Ok, Have a great day all
    oxoxox

Tania what are those meds???? My let down takes ages!!!! Darc gets soooo frustrated.

Nat we did lots of cleaning out yesterday too. Mummy4life inspired me. Cleaned out our wardrobe, put in some drawers, filled them, chucked out stuff. Good day. Now for the other two wardrobes.

It's going to be a beautful sunny 27 here today. Darcy has the cutest little Disney Thumper overall shorts on today. Have to put her pink hat on though so no-one thinks she's a boy. LOL

Tania ~ LMAO @ Jaydens bum noises!! Please don't tell me that DH hasn't ever changed a nappy?? :eek: Em seems to love the Bonjella strangely enough - either that or he just loves chomping on my fingers lol. Your IL's do sound a little scary lol. I should email you the pics of Em rolling so you can show Jayden lmao! Sounds like you both had such a great day yesterday! I should come over for a visit as well lmao!!!

Kim ~ I love having a good ol' spring clean. I love Thumper! Which reminds me - DP has never seen Bambi WTF?!?! I was talking about Thumper and he was like 'what?' Strange man.

The frustrating thing now is that Em is getting realy frustrated with not being able to move forward so we have a lot of tantrums going on in our household now lol! He does pretty well though inching forward and turning around.

Ahoy, its Talk Like A Pirate Day today so why don't we all put on our best accents!, gar

Kim: I'm on Domperidone, they are meant to be for gastro or infections or something, bt the side effect is increasing prolactin levels. It is working a treat, I never worry now if he is getting enough.

Nat: Sad to say but NO DP hasn't yet changed a nappy!!! Dissapointing? Yes but I said o Sheree yesterday sometimes its just easier to do it myself and I know its going to be done properly...No excuse I know but it works LOL. Yes please email the pics of Em would love to see it! Yes come up for a visit...the weather is great everyday LOL. Lock those cupboards and drawers...Em is almost on the loose LOL poor Em he will get there soon enough hehe. Arr whats this about Talk Like a Pirate Day?? Arr Shiver me timbers hehe

Nat~happy 4th month little em wowcutting back teeth no wonder his been not himself

Tania ~ I have sent you an email. OMG @ DP not changing a nappy yet. That's it - time to leave him at home alone with Jayden I think!! I'm so shocked lol! I've got no idea what Talk Like A Pirate day is for but I know that schools get dressed up for it and silly people like me go to the website and translate stuff into pirate speech lmao!

Shazz ~ Thanks! Yea I was trying to work out what was wrong and now I know! Still can't believe it...

Is Em the first to cut a tooth out of our lot?

think so ryan has been threatening for ages but alas still nothing , oh and have i told you all how much ryan loves to type jjtyvbbbbbbbbbbbbbnk mnm , jso fsome of my posts don't make sense you know why i've got a helper oh the joys

AHAR ME MAYTIES!!!!

*LOL*

Hope that was contribution enough Nat!!! Funny thing is i went to a fancy dress a few weeks back and guess what i went as.......A PIRATE!!! I even had the golden tooth(silver really cause all i could think to use was al foil!! Still looked good but!)

Briley is going ok. She has gotten over the head cold part and is just trying to beat the chesty stuff now. She also passed her cold onto mummy!! Now i am sick as a dog!!

Don't think there is anything else much to report acutally. I am looking into booking Briley into swimming lessons and gymbaroo but. We have 2 dams on the place so swimming lessons is a must. If she is going to be anything like her father she'll be the outdoors-wanderoff-type. Which i can already tell she is. When i take her outside in the pram and we go over a rough patch, say over a tree root, she laughs and cackles and carrys on!! GOD HELP ME!!! Nah it's cool. If your going to bring them up in the bush you have to expect a bit of that!

I rang up today about childcare for Briley when i start uni next year. I have to put my name on a waiting list now otherwise i'll miss out!! It's will cost up too $210 a week. Bloody unreal. And there is heap of childcare centres in Townsville. I was looking in the yellow pages and there was 5 of the same centre in the 1 suburb. Just all in different streets. I could'nt believe it. Luckily for me there is 2 centres out at the uni. I am really looking forward to starting. It's exciting and scary at the same time.

Anyways...nothing much else to report. My brain can't think of anything else at the moment anyways.

HAPPY 4-5 MONTH BIRTHDAY TO EMERSON AND RYAN!!

I will be back later on in the week when i am feeling better. Who invented the flu?!?!?!?!?

Ciao

Jodie ~ just saw medical emergency ouch

Shazz ~ HELLO RYAN!!!! Em is just starting to take an interest in the keyboard as well when he’s in lap. There are some really cool keyboard banger games for little kids that Ryan might like.

Sara ~ Thank you for your contribution. I love International Speak Like A Pirate Day! Its my favourite!! Your pirate outfit sounds great! I hope Briely is over it all soon and you too you poor thing! OMG @ childcare costs… is that with or without the rebates? That’s a bit scary – especially considering that there isn’t half as many CC Centres around here. I think I may have to have a look into it lol.

Vic ~ Grrr @ those IL’s. Who needs their crappy presents anyway!!! I hope everyone in your household is feeling better soon! YAY for Adam rolling. You would have thought that Em was the first baby in the world to ever learn to roll the way that I reacted lol. Emails were sent with pictures and all!!

Jodie ~ I missed Medical Emergency – doh!! Silly me.

I have been around a lot today… mostly because I have a busy one for the next few days. Will try and keep up! Keeping an avid eye on this tooth to see if it goes down. I have a feeling it will – who would have ever thought that the first tooth would be at the back… what good is that to him lol?

Jodie saw ME last night! WHat a nice guy your hubbie is! Wish all my patients in ER had been like that - I might still be working there. Hope his finger's OK. Good shot though! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by neverplan
    kim - DH's birthday today too. bugger the IL's. maybe you could share some of tania's. they sound like they need some more people to share the love with,lol. just realised today, that my IL's didn't even bother to give me a birthday present this year. the presents always sucked anyway but they must really be starting to hate me if they don't even bother trying now, lol. oh well. i prefer it that way, at least i don't have to pretend.
    Yeah, I'm still getting the lousy gifts. Wish they would forget - ungrateful cow that I am. Darcy cries every time they go near her....they still insist though. I'm getting tired of making excuses. Just wish they'd give up until she's older.

Great pirate talk Sara!

Tania - man you need to get him changing nappies!!! He'll figure it out soon enough.

Hi Ryan!! Darcy likes the keys too. Gets a bit cranky when I won't let her help.

Well we're not up to much today. GOing to drop off some stuff I got rid of through Freecycle (Have you guys tried it - even if you don't want anything on there, there are people willing to take the stuff you might think of throwing away). Might try and get some stuff for Cam's surprise party too...

BBL

Thought of something else Nat. CC around here is between $65-$70 per day. We don't qualify for any rebates....so $210 a week is good.

Kim ~ Everyone gets a rebate don't they? From the government? Its like a subsidy? When is Cam's surprise party? :eek: @ $65-$70 a day... I should look in to it down here I think and see what the costs are.

I better go and get ready otherwise I'm going to be late!!!

ETA

What is the 30% child care tax rebate?

The 30% child care tax rebate covers 30% of your out-of-pocket child care expenses for approved child care, with a rebate of up to $4,000 (indexed) per child per year. Out-of-pocket expenses are the total fees you had to pay for child care expenses for approved care, less the amount of Child Care Benefit (CCB) you received.

The rebate is not a ‘cash in hand’ refund. It is a tax offset that reduces the tax calculated on your income when you lodge your income tax return.
    Am I eligible to claim the 30% rebate?

From 1 July 2006, you can claim the rebate for approved child care expenses you had to pay from 1 July 2004 to 30 June 2005 for the weeks you:

* used approved child care
    * received CCB, and
    * passed the CCB work/training/study test.
    Not exactly what I was thinking of but this is what I was referring to!

ETA AGAIN

Just read on Centrelink that you can also get the CCB if you earn under $98,000 which is up to $148 rebate. Not sure on all the details of all this I could be really wrong as I have only read it quickly. I really must go and get ready now lol.

Wow that sucks. What is the point then? CC is so expensive... I think I'm going to have to check out the prices in SA. I'm a bit worried now.

We are meant to be at mothers group now but of course Em is asleep and I don't want to wake him up to early otherwise he will be tired for kindergym this afternoon. So I made myself some bacon and eggs to pass the time lol... Will put him in the car when I'm done eating and hopefully he'll stay asleep for a bit.

Oh thanks for clearing that up Vic. I figured you either got one or the other but you get both so that is good. I was only looking at maybe 2 or 3 half days while I was studying. Just to give me that 'kid free' time. I will have to look into it. LMAO @ missing out on the tea towels... damn what a shame! I remember you telling me about the comment about strangers.

OK Em's starting to stir so I'm off.

Will BBL

Ha Vic - you and I would get along very well I think....

Well I should be grateful I got this far without a sick bub, but she got Cam's cold. Gee she's miserable. Just gone to sleep - hopefully she stays that way so I can eat.....30degrees here today though so I doubt it.

after noon all just a quick one to let you know that i'm an aunty again my sister had a baby boy this morning via C/s @6.46am 7 lb 14 oz Logan Robert his a real cutie and it was so nice holding a newborn again anyway must run baby thinks he is being neglected (sp)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast