Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #8

Nat: OMG @ those pics of Em rolling…You really captured the moment LOL. It sounds like Em is the first to cut a tooth, I don’t think Jayden will be too far away. Jayden has started rolling on to his other side now….still waiting for the full roll haha. How was MG and kinder gym?

Sara: Great to hear Briley is doing better…but bugger for you!! Hope you get better soon. Swimming lessons is a must when you have dams, SIL#3 has a pool and a dam and SIL#4 has a pool, that’s why I wanted Jayden in the water ASAP. CC will be easy for us as SIL#2 does family day care and the only good thing about having so many SIL’s is that there will be no shortage of carers for when I go back to work.

Vic: What are we going to do with you!!! You guys are just passing it round to each other!! I do need to confess something about the nappy changing thing…We were at PIL’s a couple of weeks ago for dinner and I had asked DP to put Jayden’s nappy on after his bath….he didn’t want to do it but was about to, when I realized I didn’t have the camera with me and I wanted to get a pic of his first nappy change…..I blew my only chance LOL, I will try again though cause its been nearly 4mths LOL. I hate when ppl always assume when a bub is crying, it means they are hungry!! That is 1 thing I was sensitive about due to our feeding issues so I used to get really upset if someone said it, LOL @ saying they don’t like strangers, although I can’t use that 1 haha

Jodie: Where are you? I am so sorry I missed ME!! We go to PIL every Tuesday and I always forget for record things when we go. Is it on any website like ACA was?

Kim: My IL’s usually give me money which I love of course haha….Its my side of the family I get bad presents, well not really bad just practical…house things….I don’t want house things for my bday!! I hope Darcy gets better soon, Jayden got sick for the first time last week. What a shame she is sick on a beautiful hot day!!

Shazz: Congratulations to your sister!! Logan is gorgeous name. Can’t wait to see pics.

Sheree: How was your night away? Did you use that new change mat?

Well you girls have been very chatty today!! I have had no motivation to do anything at all today, I just got into the shower at 3pm!! I have spent most of the day with Jayden, just playing, feeding and sleeping. We had a nap together at about midday for nearly 2hrs which was nice. Jayden has his needles tomorrow, other than that it will be another quiet one.

Might check in later, have a great afternoon

oxoxox

good luck with the needles tomorrow Jayden/tania , Ryan also has his needles tomorrow oh i'm not looking forward to it at all and unfortunately no putting it off his already a month late

Hi gals, just a quick hi post, will try to get on tomorrow and catch up, tried to start to read your posts and after reading now don't have time to post. I just have sooo much to do on our return from our night away with Daddy for work. Hope to catch up with you all 2morrow, hugs and kisses.

Vic ~ I don’t get the present thing. 1 good and 1 big… is the bigger present meant to make them look better. LMAO @ finding a big game as well… why does it have to be big!!

Kim ~ I hope Darcy is feeling better soon. I would get along great with you and Vic as well lol – I just refrain from saying anything about my IL’s as they bloody well come in and read :nana:

Shazz ~ Congrats on becoming an Aunty again! Good luck with your needles tomorrow! Must be the day for it!

Tania ~ The pics were good weren’t they? I was very proud of him and me!! I have a feeling the tooth will disappear but at least I now know why he was so fussy. LOL @ getting house things for your birthday… I wish I had a day like you – it sounds lovely!!! Those boys must have been emailing each other as we’re going in for our shots tomorrow as well lol.

Sheree ~ Hi to – I was wondering where you’d gone lol.

Mothers group was good – there is a little boy there with more hair then Lachlan. It was amazing and he was so cute!!! Em was very interested in him. Kindergym was excellent as well. Em loves it – I had him standing up holding onto things by himself today :eek: which was good until he took a fall lol. All the girls think he’ll be an early walker but we’ll have to wait and see! I’m colouring my hair again tonight and then I’m going shopping tomorrow. I have a birthday present to buy and its time to put some lovely new things on layby for myself for a change!!! Now that the weather is warmer the next thing on my list of things to organize is my summer clothes!!

Tania we have a rule in my family - I don't want anything that I might consider work ie house stuff. If you dare you will get it given right back as a nonacceptance!(unless it was requested of course) My mum's the same and so is my sister.

Oh Nat I'd love some new stuff.....oh well Yeah it makes you look much nicer when you don't say bad things (not like me - I'm a whinger).

Congratulations Shazz! I love Logan too - have to remember it for next time....good luck tomorrow slow coach - Darc's already had hers!

Vic I wish my ILs would just buy one good present - instead of heaps of cheapies....they must go to the same IL school. LOL

Kim ~ That is a great rule!! I am thinking of some new shoes and maybe some dresses... There are some really nice ones on special and I think I'd actually wear dresses this year not being at work! I think all IL's go to the same school lol!!! You don't look bad for saying stuff hun!! At least you have the luxury.

Well hair is all coloured. Not sure how it turned out because Em has been unsettled so its drying naturally. Will be able to tell tomorrow. Bout to head to bed sometimes soon myself. Will chat to you all tomorrow. All you bubbas sleep well for you mummas!!!!

Good Luck Ryan, Em & Jayden for your NEEDLES TODAY!!

Nat: It was really good yesterday doing nothing but I also feel a bit bad as I haven't done any washing, I'll have to do it today....I did do dishes though, DP even did the lunch dishes!! Is Em screaming loud right now? Jayden is....oh he is screaming (talking loud and high pitch LOL) but I think he thinks he is upset after a while and then he starts crying IYKWIM its cute! New clothes sounds great!! I'll have to do the same, I was thinking about dresses this summer too...I'll have to try some on see if they suit me haha. How did your hair turn out? Oh and OMG at Em standing!!

Kim: My mum had that rule when we were younger, but that doesn't stop her doing it to me now LOL...I might remind her of that next time I speak to her haha

Well strange noises are coming from Jayden's nappy again....not sure why that are so....hmm vocal lately haha. I thought there was something else I was going to say but my baby brain can't remember LOL...I'll think of it later no doubt. Have a great day everyone.

oxoxox

Morning Tania. Glad to see I'm not the only one up early today (hey everyday - but oh well). Looks like there's some serious disease combating on today. Hope its all good for all your boys.

How how how does my seriously shocking sleeper turn into a seriously fabulous sleeper to a seriously shocking sleeper again??? I know she's a bit crook, but it's not that bad. Whens the next mental growth stage? She's hard work when she's like this.

Early riser here as well! Em has decided that 7 o'clock is a great time to wake up and play!! He is actually really cute. Smiling and talking to himself - sometimes even yelling just to get my attention!

Kim ~ I hear you with the sleeping. Em's been waking up twice during the night for a bottle this past week. I figure it has to be the teething issue. Is her nose blocked? Apparently that is the worst things for bubs and if her nose is blocked then all hell can break loose.

Tania ~ Thank you for your GL wishes!! Last time Em took the injections well but got a fever and went off his bottles. I will dose him up before hand and see how we go. I know what you mean about feeling bad. We had a busy day yesterday so no housework - not even dishes!! I feel like I need to do them right now!! But I will wait till Em goes down for his nap!! Yea I am going to have to try the dresses on but there are some real pretty ones. Anyone tried clothes on with a pram in tow yet... shall be an interesting adventure I think! Still haven't looked at my hair hehe. Its a bit wild right now - the whole 'just out of bed' look hehe! OMG they are emailing each other - Em is doing exactly the same as Jayden. What little dags they are!!

Can Jayden or Darcy stand up like that? Em was standing and holding onto the side of a rather large toy. Was a bit unbalanced but still could do it. Pity I can't get the kid to sit at all lmao. As soon as I let go he just topples right over lol.

Oh he is so happy this morning - just looked down at him and he started chuckling at me lol. So cute!!

Morning to everyone else!!

Goodluck for your needles today bubs!

Yeah Nat Darcy can do that. When she was 2 months old her legs were strong enough. No one believed me so I took a photo! Now though she can reach for stuff and knows what she wants so she gets a bit excited IYKWIM? She can sit up but doesn't know what to do when she gets to the top and just keeps going LOL silly buggar. She'll get it eventually.
    Her nose isn't fully blocked, just snuffly. And runny. You know like those snotty kids you see in the shopping centre? I can't keep up with it....hehehehe.

Lachie is strong in his legs when he is upset, boy he is so strong and can stand up then!

Last night in the bath he found his feet and had them in his mouth and he doesn't stop touching his jewels these days :eek:

And he keeps doing this delerious argggggghhhhhhhh, he always talked alot, but then it got louder now it is really soft and it is like he is on sum really good drugs lol.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Good Morning Girls,

Talking about immunisation, Phoebe was ment to have hers this week, but I had to cancel and can't get her in until next week. Good luck for all the bubbas and there mummy's for needles today...

Nat ~ WOW....Em has his first tooth, and one at the back. Poor little thing, that would have been painful. Phoebe is doing a lot of biting, dribbling and chewing on toys and her hands, but nothing yet. That's ok, teething can be a pretty trying time....so I can wait. Samuel cut his first tooth the day he turned 6 months and had 12 by his first birthday. Em standing up....sounds like he will be an early walker. Woo Hoo look out, then he will be into absolutely everything.

Kim ~ Gee I can't believe that Darcy had stong enough legs to stand up at 2 months. Phoebe isn't even interested in rolling over yet. Some babies are so advanced, a friend of mine has a little boy who is 2 1/2 weeks older than Phoebe and he is already in a walker and in size 1 clothes....you would think he is about 7 - 8 months old (even older, LOL). I'm finding with 2, I don't have as much time to spend with Phoebe as I did when I just had Samuel. So he was doing a lot more at the age that Phoebe is now. Have you tried Fess, for Darcy's blocked nose. It works wonders, not terrible easy to put up their nose when you don't have another pair of hands on deck, but it takes just minutes to work.

Hi to those I have missed.....more personals later. Back to HOUSE WORK *sigh*.

Jodie259 Guest

Hi everyone... I"m baaacccckkkk...!!
    Sorry I've been so busy lately. And because this topic started a new page I wasn't receiving the email either! It's amazing how fast a week can go by!

Yes, we were finally on Medical Emergency!! Channel 7 phoned me to tell me (again) - but I've had 3 false alarms, so I was too nervous to tell everyone again. I was starting to look stupid! Yariv took it pretty well. It wasn't really painful. He must of been nervous talking on TV because his English was a bit stunted. But it's funny to see him on TV. They didn't mention my pregnancy. They cut the ring, but it can't be repaired because it was a 'spinning ring' - one ring spins inside of another. I searched the web and was able to get him a similar ring sent over from overseas. Unfortunately the show is not on the web (like ACA). Luckily we taped it onto DVD.

Scrappyfish - my baby loves his Jolly Jumper as well!! At first it freaked him out a bit, but once he got the hang of it he bounces all over the place.

Tannis - love your ticker!! And I can't believe your DP doesn't change nappies!! I got Yariv onto that very early! He has to because I now go to gym in the evenings (twice) and Weight Watchers. So it's just Yariv & Shaun bonding time three nights a week. I would die if I had to change every nappy!

Lea13 - Funny that your DP didn't know about Thumper. I have similar things with Yariv. Because he's from Israel they have different names for things. Like Smurfs were called something funny. And for some reason their story of Pinnochio doesn't have Jimminy Cricket - they have a CHICKEN instead!!! I lmao when I heard that. Yay for getting your hair coloured! I had mine done yesterday too! I was starting to look like Shaun's Grandma!! I go to the Loreal studio as a model so I don't pay for it. My hair is sooo long and thick it would cost me a fortune if I paid for my hair colours! Shaun was terrific and he quietly played in his pram for the whole time.

Sara - I hope you're feeling better. Nothing worse than feeling sick when you've got to look after a little one.

I've got some good news! - I re-joined Weight Watchers last week, and had my first weigh in last night. I lost 2.2kg in one week!!! Yay me! I've been going to gym regularly, and following the 'no count' plan. I have to lose this excess weight because my feet ache, and I can't fit into any of my clothes. I just piled on the weight during pregnancy. And now my legs have a weird lumpy feel to them. I went to doc and he thought it was a thyroid problem, but blood test ruled that out. He's ordered more tests which I get results today. Because my ankles aren't swollen he says it's not fluid retention.

Also, Yariv has been especially nice to me this week (not sure why). He bought me flowers, a new office chair (because my back aches), and a digital camera!!! My birthday isn't until February!! How lucky am I??

We are going away on the 30th for an overnight stay. One of my staff is having a formal 21st birthday in her home town and invited us. My parents are going to take care of Shaun, which should be fine. He loves going there - and he never arcs up with them! My step mum adores him and he loves her too.

Well... this post is HUGE... so I better sign off and do some washing.
    I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while. Hope you are all well.

Jodie259 Guest

Forgot to mention...

I've finally updated the photos on Shaun's site.
    There are the hand & foot casts & the plaques I made for Fathers Day.

And Shaun is standing up all the time too!! He hates tummy time, so I can't see him crawling much. He can virtually balance on his own... so I think he'll be an early walker too. My dad said it can cause bow-legs... but a book said that's just old wives tales and it's fine for babies to stand/walk early.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Well I have just put Phoebe in her Jolly Jumper for the first time, she thought it was great...as I bounced her around it took her breath away and then she started to giggle. Samuel thinks it is a giant swing and that he can push her around (soon set him straight on that one)....But he is hanging around making sure she is ok, hovering like a fussy little nana. Bummer though, the digital camera has flat batteries, so can't get any pics of her first time in there.

I should be ironing...

Oh Mummy I just laughed out loud at your post about Samuel! Thanks!

Vic I was going to ask if you were able to go.... silly lady.

Well when the Dragon wakes up we're going to buy the stuff for Cam's surprise party. It's on Sunday. I can't believe I've kept a secret so long as usually I absolutley suck at secrets. He's turning 32, but asked me if he could have a 30th in jest, so I'll get all the daggy decorations that say "Happy 30th" etc.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; September 21st, 2006 at 01:44 PM.

standing up OMG ryan has demanded to be upright from the ripe old age of 7 weeks cause he has always been so strong in the neck and legs this was the first time he was put in the walker (proped with clothe nappies tucked in around him ) he loves it and has been scooting around the house since he was 4 months he can find me in any room now his not super fast in it so it does take him a while and we only have him in it for 10 -20 minutes a day the health nurse was horrified when i told her and she asked me all these questions about positioning him and whether he is flat footed or on tippytoes and when i told her he was flat footed and only for short amounts of time she was happy then ok enough rambling
    i have to go watch Sheridan get her peace maker of the term award at school she'll be stoked they aren't told who wins the award till it is annouced but the school rang to see whether we wanted to come how nice .... any way catch you all later
    Oh BTW Ryan handled his needles well this time or should i say so far so good

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast