Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

Hmmm, good idea Vic.

No Tania not back at work until March hopefully, but it would be a recall. At least 4 hours overtime pay. And yes I'd have to take her. Lucky she doesn't mind policemen cos she's too noisy to take into court, esp with a jury. She'd had to be looked after by one of the others while I gave my evidence. I don't think I'll hve to though because Cam will be required and it's rare for them to call a married couple.
    I've also updated my website with a new photosite and new piccies. I'm so proud of my christening invite, i put that on there too.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; October 9th, 2006 at 01:31 PM.

As if you didn't already know Kim...But Darcy is gorgeous!! I love the christening invite too, you have done a great job with it...very creative! It has taken me all day to see your new pics though as I have been uploading pics to Jayden's website....It was playing up on me and would only let me upload one pic at a time and each pic was taking at least 15-20mins to upload....Not happy! Jayden had a 2.5hr sleep so that helped LOL then the dog threw up....that didn't help LOL.

I have been burning my aroma melts that I got from the last partylite(candle) party I went to.......OMG my house smells yummy!!!

Thanks Tania. I think we've got the best looking bubbas thread all round though. Darcy slept for two hours today too. She also put her foot in her mouth for the first time tonight.
    Isn't it funny how if you don't keep track or concentrate you get much more done? I've dusted, made dinner, cleaned out Darcy's wardrobe, blowdryed my hair, done three scrapbook pages, updated Darcy's website.
    You should see my beautiful flowers - Cam buys me lilys like my wedding bouquet.
    Vic I bought an external Harddrive, but now i can't figure out how to load the stupid thing? Can you help me out?

Happy Anniv. Kim and Cam!!!!

Happy 5 month birthday Darcy and Phoebe.

Today we swapped Kaityln's car seat to forward facing. It's still tilted back a bit though. She loved it. She was all chat chat chat.

UNTIL . . .
    we got home, then it was cry whinge cry cry cry scream..... I noticed a few more feint spots on her chest and a couple on her head where her 'bald' spot is. SO, I think the chooky pox are inevitable. I am far from happy. My mum thinks it may be heat rash, but I dunno, it was not hot today and they were still there while she was in the bath. I've never heard her cry so much - not even in those first few months when it was all she did.

What do you think I should do? Should I take her to the doctor or just see how she goes in the next day or so?

Maybe I am just being paranoid ~ at least that's what my DH thinks.

Kim ~ I'm off to check out your webpage. Please pass on my hellos to all the girls to me tomorrow and make sure you fill me in on the goss.

Be back tomorrow.
    Nite girls.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hi Girls!

Well, it's certainly been a while since I was last on. Jovi's asleep "at the moment" so I'll be typing my heart out. No time for personal's but I hope you guys are all doing well and bubs are all thriving along.

Well ... I'm off work at the moment for a month ... Scott had back surgery on the 28th Sept ... he had a couple of bulging discs that, aside from the constant pain, was affecting his left leg (numbness and tingling). So his Dr put him straight in for surgery. So I've had to take all the leave I had left to look after him and Jovi. He'll still need a couple of weeks after that probably but his mum is going to come over. We get on really well which is good and I will love the help.

His mum came over for a few days when he had the op done and waited until his was released before she had to go home (helps that she's a nurse) and it was wonderful having someone there to share the load.

Bit of a pain now though ... lol ... Jovi is seriously teething now and is chewing on everything like mad! I'm surprised she hasn't popped her dummy yet. Weird thing is though she seems (from the way she chews) that she will get her side teeth first instead of the front ones. Will have to see what happens.

Then of course she is missing Daddy like crazy. He's only able to stand or lie down for the first few weeks and can only hold her this way also with not much movement, and I have to pass her to him all the time. She cries for him to play with her and has just started this screaming thing which is aweful. Sounds like she's really ticked off, and just today sounded like she was saying no and now when she wanted her way.

Bottle feeding has been a bit of a challenge (as she's used to Scott giving her the majority of her day time feeds) and will often not feed unless he's standing right in eye shot. What a pain!

Her sleeping patterns have also changed. Now it's basically - wake up at around 5ish, get into bed with me cos she really doesn't want to get up but wants to snuggle, get up at around 7, bottle, some rice with apple, play, bum change, 1/2 hour sleep ... wake up and start again! She's pretty much cut down to 4 bottles already which is good cos it means I can go to bed earlier now. She's eating at every bottle or between bottles and loves juice! Apple is her fav but she's trying tropical at the moment which she also seems to enjoy.

With her new sleeping periods it makes it very hard to get anything done. You have to be real quick!

Weight wise she's doing brilliantly. She's back on the 50 percentile line where she started when she was born and the day of Scott's surgery she weighed 6.5 kilos. 6 month needles are fast approaching so SHOULD have a proper check up then.

My brother and his wife should have their new little baby any day now. She lost her plug this time last week, but bubba still hasn't shown up, much to our surprise. She has a (almost) 8 year old to previous relationship, and together they have a little girl Abi who just turned 1 in August. Very exciting and I can't wait til he arrives (I know it's a boy, but hardly anyone does ... been keeping it a secret).

Our best friends are also expecting another baby. Their little girl Hallie will be 1 next month and this new baby will be due end of May 2007. There is also a 4 and 6 year old to a previous relationship (to the mother), so they've just bought a tarago ... love it! Very jealous.

Jovi and Hallie were so cute on the weekend talking and playing together ... so cute.

Well, thats about all I can think of at the moment. Will hopefully get back on a bit more often while I'm on leave, but we'll see.

Work sux as usual, but I'm actually looking for a new job ... couple of good prospects ... probably a move in towns (to Forbes if we can ... closer to family and friends). So will keep updated on that front ...

Will talk soon!

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH what have I done to deserve this? I just want more than one hours sleep on my own. Is that too much to ask???? I hate co sleeping, but that is the only time she will actually go to sleep at night. Last night I let her fuss for an hour and a half with no effect at all. I must have run over an elf or something LOL.

Good to see you back Bec. Hope Scotts feeling OK. I used to do those operations and they're pretty nasty.

Cool turning Katy around. I'm thinking we'll have to do that soon, but she's nowhere neare the recommended weight. Her little feet are touching the seat though and when she kicks she kicks the plastic bit - ouch. Hope it's not the pox.

Nah Vic, that's what I thought should happen, but there's no extra drive. Maybe I should uninstall it all and try again.

Well we're off to mothers group today. Can't be bothered washing up after last night - will do it later....

Afternoon Girls...

HAPPY 5 MONTH BIRTHDAY DARCY AND PHOEBE

Happy Aniversary Kim and Cam!!

Its a little late i know!! Sorry...better late than never right!

Cairns was good. It was just nice to get away for a little while even though where i live is like a permanent getaway! It was nice all the same. We went and looked at the night markets on friday night. I have been there before so i was nothing new to me but it was still good. Saturday we went to Sugarworld where i tried to put Briley in the pool but the water was too cold. Mum brought her the cutest pair of bikinis!! She looked absolutely gorgeous!! Then sunday we went to the produce markets to get some passionfruit trees to plant at home and then we went back to my cousins place and just chilled out for the rest of the afternoon.

Kim - What time does Darcy wake up?? Is it early morning or during the day?? How many baths do you give her a day?? I am DEFINETELY no expert but i'll try and help out a little by offering so advice. Now that Briley is over her cold i am back to giving her 2 baths a day. One mid-morning and one just before bedtime. I always use the Johnsons and Johnsons Baby Bathtime on her at night time. I mean all babies are different but maybe you should try giving her a bath before bed. Do you use a dummy on her?? If not, try that. Thats if you want to ofcourse. As hard as it might be...try cut out daytime sleeps if she is having too many. I visit this government website called Raising Children. It has some really useful information if you would like that link. I will email it too you if you want. My advise prolly won't be that helpful but i here if you need to vent!!

Bec - Great to see you back. Your going to be a busy bee for a while then are'nt you. 2 ppl to take care of. Good luck with it all.

Tania - I can't believe how much Briley has grown either!! That's a big growth spurt...5cm in 3 weeks!! Have you been writing everything down in Jaydens baby book. I have been a little slack with Briley's. She has the cutest Peter Rabbit one. I have my moments where i really get into writing things in there and then i leave it for ages. Hope the candle party went well for you. Did you get any goodies for free??

Sheree - Hope all is going well with Lachie. I'm glad you found some information about what may be happening with lachie. Did you say that it was a forum?? That will be good for you if it is. To have ppl to confide in whom are going through the same thing as you are. Keep us updated with whats happening. Give lachie a big hug from Briley and I.

Leanne - NO YOUR NOT BEING PARANOID! Its better to be safe than sorry. I got the chicken pox at 16 and it knocked me bigtime. Not trying to scare you or anything but is'nt it bad for babies to get it cause i can make them really sick?? Have you taken her to the Dr?? I would be doing the same as you if Briley were in the same situation. I would be watching her like a hawk. I'm am hoping and praying for you that she does'nt get the naughty pox!

We are going for more photos this thursday. The ppl that take the pic of the babies at the hospital called me the other day to come and have some photos taken. So we are all going in to get a couple of family shots done. I'll need to do some of what Kim is doing and go get some pampering done!!

Has anyone heard from Kellee?? I have'nt seen her on MSN or BB for ages. She must be still busy with the wedding hey.

I am going to bake a banana cake now!! I might be back on later...

Ciao

A banana cake! - hehehe bananas are about $13 a kilo down here!

My brain's so wiped out from over tiredness Sara I need to at least look like a normal person!
    Sara can you email me that website? She has a dummy, but baths are a battle anyway - 1 a day before bed is definitely enough. I'm almost ready to ask for a sedative prescription for her - I've got to get some sleep.

Kim was just talking to my SIL (the one whos kids have the CP) and she mentioned phenergan. I am not sure whether babies are able to take it but she said that it helped her girls settle and sleep.

Just a thought.

Funny you should mention that Leanne. I'm getting desperate and we were talking about that today, but you need a script for the baby stuff now. If it keeps going I will be seeking a script. I'm even desperate enough to ask for a sedative.

Wow I have 4 pages to catch up on… I will try and breeze through it really fast so I don’t bore you all with a really long post!

Sara ~ I can’t believe he is trying to crawl already as well! Em weighed 6.87kgs @ 4 months and will get weighed again next week when he’s 5 months. The infant ones say up to 8kgs so I didn’t even think to pick up the next size lol.

Shazz ~ That pic of Ryan is just adorable on your ticker. How much has he grown!!!

Mummy4Life ~ Have you had Samuels party now? How did it go? Good to hear that Phoebe is happy and putting on weight now!

Tania ~ It was good chatting to you on MSN. So sorry about the virus thingo again!v Haha about mummy knowing best with the formula feed! We have the same outfit for our boys – the “Did I get my good looks from my daddy!” one. Its very cute! Just checked out the website and Jayden is just adorable. Cheap/free hairdresser!!! Lucky you!!!

Leanne ~ Glad to hear that the clinical psych went well. I have to agree with you on the MEN comment… can’t live with them can’t live without them! I hope it isn’t chicken pox!

Vic ~ How are you coping now that the school holidays are over? We still have a week left here. Interesting about the FF and BF – Em has 180ml bottle at night and the morning but during the day I can’t get him to take more then 120mls (he normally has 3). Normally it would be cold here (and still is at night!) but we are in the middle of a heatwave lol – its 38 here tomorrow :eek: YAY for Adam sleeping through as well!

Kim ~ I can’t believe Miss Darcy is still playing up for you! I wish I had the answers! WOW @ the projectile vomit as well – sounds charming and well aimed lol. Happy belated anniversary as well! If the Cabbage Patch Kid doll is important to you then you’re not being silly. There are certain little things we all had our hearts set on when we were pregnant and whilst they aren’t important to others they are to us! Does that make sense? However it would be very cool to have a CPK with the same birth date! I hope Darcy’s CC improves soon. The christening invites are great! Did you do them yourself? And Darcy is just gorgeous! I got your email as well. Thanks so much.

Sheree ~ I hope you and Lachie are doing well and things improve with his feeding and weight gain. I can’t imagine the stress you are under with all this. Big hun! I still nurse Emerson to sleep. Sometimes he’ll drop off by himself – other times he won’t!

Sara ~ OMG look at the cheeks on Briley in your ticker photo – she has changed so much!! Cairns sounds wonderful – I am so overdue for a holiday its not funny!! 5cm growth in 3 weeks is massive!! The bikinis sound gorgeous!

Beck ~ How cute of Jovi missing her Daddy! I hope he is feeling better soon. I hear you with the side teeth. That was exactly what Mister Emerson was doing before his back tooth cut and then disappeared! New job and move sounds great for you! I love seeing Em with other bubbas – he is so cute with his cousin!

Ok now a quick update on us! Despite not wanting to start solids before 6 months Em had other ideas and is now on solids twice a day. He still has all of his milk though. In just a week I have noticed the difference – I am scared to get him weighed next week! He has just started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking backwards and forwards. He shuffles backwards and forwards on his belly but so far no crawling. I can’t believe we are all hitting or have hit the 5 month mark. I think I might cry when the first bub turns 1…

We have been flat out. The scrap booking party was great – there are some amazing tools you can get which I am just dying to get now! We also had dinner in Adelaide one night. Em was so well behaved and the meal was divine! Only have a few things planned for this week! Em is taking so much more energy now days. I play with him lots on the floor and we’re always doing something. Its lots of fun but I’m now finding it hard to get things done. We start swimming lessons in a few weeks so I’m so excited about that!

I just dropped a jar of food and managed to catch it in my hand wrong side up. Got it all over me and the carpet. Happened to look up 5 minutes later to see it on the wall and ceiling as well

And its so strange staring at that photo of myself....

Well we actually used sugar bananas grown by US on our on farm!! It it turned out awesome too. It was beautiful....YUM YUM!! I also emailed you the link for that website too. Hope it helps in some way.

I think that Briley might be teething. She just seems really out of the ordinary. And she is munging on her hand something shockin. And the dribble thats coming out of her too. I did say the other day that i could feel a lump but i am not sure if its her gums or a tooth. She bites down big time on my finger when i put it in there to have a feel around. She is real clingy too. This afternoon she would'nt go to sleep unless i was holding her. I wish i knew what to look for. I'll just have too wait and see what happens.

Ohh well... I am going to chow down on a bit of my cake!! Then i might make an early night of it i think.

Talk tomorrow

Ciao

Nat ~ i think its great that the mods are using their RL photos pretty snazzy and OMG at Em nearly crawling i'm dreading that day i haven't trained my other two to stop leave their crap everywhere Ryan will have a ball getting in to everything

i took Ryan to the doctors this arvo as he was pulling on his ear while i was trying to feed him and we had a right royal shocker of a night where i got up maybe 40 times to him and yep my hunch was correct he has the start of an ear infection and the doc think maybe tonsilitis (sp) so he is on antibiotics for 5 days so heres hoping he feels better soon and gets back to his normal self ( but i'm secretly hoping for a little better - eg sleeping throught the night ) well i'm off to bed to hopefully catch a little bit of zzzzzzzzzz nite all

Oh poor Ryan! Wish I could go to bed while the dragon's asleep! Waiting for Cam to come home with dinner!

Those tools are cool Nat. I've got some - not all but some. Yep I did em myself, and then sent them off to Kmart to be printed - very proud I am!

Sara I don't know what to look for either. Poor Darcy I'm goin in blind! LOL.

Vic I think so. She feeds longer and is sleepy afterwards. But how do I know? I really don't want to comp or add formulae while I've got heaps and I don't want to start solids unless I have to. How do I know??? I tried to give her EBM today and she wouldn't have a bar of it. She baths about 5.45, feed just after 6 and then bed 6.30. She hasn't wanted to sleep so long during the day so maybe I won't put her back to bed in the morning. She's been asleep an hour and a half now, so here's hoping. I borrowed a swaddle thingy from a friend to see if it works better.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; October 10th, 2006 at 08:20 PM.

Just a quick post....

Has anyone else's kids pooh'd in the bath? I was just bathing my little munchkin and she lifted both legs up, did a fluffie and then well .... pooh'd. I could not control my laughter. There is was floating around.

Needless to say that was the end of the bath and we did not wash her hair tonight!

The things our little ones do. I'll have to remember to write that one in her book.

LOL

Will do personals tomorrow.
    Have a good night.

Sara ~ That banana cake sounds great! Lucky you have your own bananas!!! Sounds like teething or at least sore gums.

Shazz ~ The photos are taking some getting used to. Its kind of cool cause you can see the person you are chatting to. I am OMG’ing at Em nearly crawling as well. Already thinking about how I am going to rearrange the furniture etc. Can’t sit in the study all day if he’s crawling… I hope Ryan is feeling better and sleeping through for you soon!

Vic ~ The photos are to show that we are only human lol. And to show that we’re real. It’s a new promo Kelly is working on. We are busy with school holidays being on as everyone else wants to do things lol!!

Kim ~ What’s for dinner? I loved the corner cutter, the square and heart cutter, the guillotine, the wavy cutter, the oval shape cutter… the list goes on!!! I loved it all and it made it all so easy and precise!! You know what’s on my Christmas list I have my fingers crossed that Darcy lets you sleep tonight. Did you try the spray and oils recommended in your other thread?

Leanne ~ LOL @ the pooh in the bath! Em did one when he was little and Gordon was bathing him. It was quite funny and he didn’t get his hair washed that night either!

See I’m doing well at keeping up already Em is asleep in bed but went without a bottle so he’ll prolly be up about 11 – 12 for a top up. Not sure if I will stay up or try and sleep. I’m not tired yet so I’ll see how I go!

Well Darcy did let me sleep for an hour by myself last night....she didn't stir while I was waiting for Cam to bring in dinner and I finally went to bed after eating at 10. She was awake at 11.20. I tried to put her back into her bed after the midnight feed, but she only lasted an hour before she decided she didn't want to sleep anymore. Finally at 3 I brought her into bed with me where we stayed until 6.30.

Nat I have the corner rounder (great), the guillotine (starts to cut crooked after a while - mines 6 years old) and the trimmer (absolutely sensational) I didn't get the other cutters as I prefer square photos - they are more timeless and hopefully I won't cringe as much in 10 years. For cirlces and ovals I just use a template/CD/plate and scissors or a scalpel on a glass mat. Their pens don't last long and you can get better cheaper ones. I've got some other stuff as well and just ring my lady who has it set up in her garage if I need stuff. I use heaps of other product as well, and ebay is my friend! LOL

Leanne - ew yuk! Can't imagine Darcy's runny yellow ones in the bath - I will live in fear now Chantel didn't go yesterday either. We're going to have a Melbourne Cup lunch at Mel's next month.

Sounds like you had a bad night Kim. Em was about at 1 like I thought and it was a struggle to get him back to sleep. Then he was awake about 6 so I've hardly had any sleep either. And I hit my elbow really hard and hurt my eye - all before getting out of bed. It's going to be a bad day....

ETA I will close this thread now and open a new one HERE.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567