Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 # 9

Isn't it awful when you've walked around and around nursing and they're still fighting you and going all stiff, and then they won't even let you sit down?
    Did you sort your supply out Shazz?
    How's Lachi going food wise Sheree? Darcy prefers to be nursed ATM too, but she used to be really good at putting herself to sleep. I'm going to hpe it returns, hence I persist in wrapping her so she knows the expectation hasn't changed. In the daytime she's better. I have the wrap in the cot we go in and put the dummie in, wrap, tuck her in, I say night night I love you and kiss her forhead. I tell her I'll just be outside and turn on the mobile. If she's quiet I go out, if she's fussing I pat her leg and put mu other hand on her chest. Usually that works. I say shhhh a lot. Shazz taught me how to do it.

Leanne hows the spots going? You still good for Tuesday?

Yay Adam! Well done. I remember when Katy first slept through I woke up that many times wondering 'is she still breathing?'.

This week we have not had much luck with it though. Grumpy pants Katy we call her at the moment. Nothing will settle her between 8 and about 11:30, but she ususally then goes to sleep for a few hours so I really should not complain.

Kim: The spots aren't really there anymore so I am thinking it might have been heat rash the other day...

BUT ..... I did speak with my SIL and my GP and if she does get them the spots will come mid to late next week, so it's been advised that I stay away from babies etc. The last thing I would want is for all the babies on Tuesday to get the Pox ~ esp seeing as we're all started teething. That's a challenge enough.

Shall we catch up the following week maybe? I have those overalls for Darcy and a few other things if you are interested. A friend of a friend gave me 3 shopping bags of clothes on Thursday. I don't think my DD needs 7 pairs of OO jeans!!!

Enjoy your Sunday girls - any Bathurst fans?

Oh No, that's a shame Leanne. Yep the week after is good. I've been waiting to see about the spots cos I want to come over. Ah well tis the season.

Cameron has been glued to the TV since 7am. He NEVER gets up that early. In fact about 7.15 I could smell toast (I've been sleeping with Darcy in the spare room upstairs). I thought it must have been the unit in front of usLOL. He didn't go to bed til after 2 either after work so I can't imagine I'll get much useful conversation today.

Mum and I went through a few bags of my sisters old stuff yesterday - got some beaut hand-me-downs that she'll never ever get into again! Like having all new stuff. Best part is she's one of those people that either buys too small with great hope or wears sometihng once and then never again.

Kim ~ my milk came back thank god i fed him constantly for 2 days and now his happy again
    bbl
    Last edited by ~shazz~; October 8th, 2006 at 07:58 PM.

I love hand me downs for Kaitlyn. I think we have bought three outfits for her total and the rest are gifts or hand me downs. Her cupboard is full to overflowing and I don't think she'll even be able to wear them all. Hope it keeps up.

We're having a hard day today. Katy won't stop crying. I have finally managed to get her to sleep just now after a two hour battle. She has not been like this in the day for a long time ~ it's like she's in much pain. Her hair has gone to ringlets from all the sweat thru crying. Poor little mite. It's a hot day outside so have the AC on, but she's still overheating.

Any ideas. Could it be the Pox? I guess time will tell. I hate waiting.

Kim: Depending on how Katy goes the following week sounds good. Not doing much, so c'mon over. It's been ages.
    Is Cam watching Bathurst? Mark's at work so is taping it, but is getting updates on the radio so am not sure how much of it he'll actually watch.

Anyway, better grab some lunch while my DD is napping.

Will check in later.

Lachie is out of sorts today too Leanne, he has had 3 sleeps already so it can't be that, he just wants to be nursed all day, and when I say nursed I mean yep standing up moving around as soon as we sit down with him, he starts crackin!!!!

Sheree: Some days its hard eh? I don't know what to do with her today. Luckily she's been asleep for almost 2 hours, poor thing must have exhausted herself.

I keep going in there checking to see if any spots have appeared. I'm a shocker aren't I?

Afternoon Ladies...

Well I think we have our first tooth coming through although i am not quite sure. I can definetely feel a lump there. Its the bottom canine. It could me nothing, but i am sure it was'nt there before. We will just have to wait and see what happens with it. Could be the cause of those rough nights we had last week. Briley slept through both friday night and saturday night which was good. She fell right foward again thismorning but in front of me this time...Bloody scared the hell out of me. I thought she was going to topple straight out of the rocker!!

Nothing else much to report. We are still in Cairns. Had lots of fun at Sugarworld yesterday. Mum brought Briley the cutest pair of bikinis yesterday and she looked adorable in them. She did'nt want to give them up when we got the cash register!! I tried to put her in the pool but the water was way too cold for her. So she just layed around under the tree on the blanket in her bikinis.

Oh well...I am buggered...might come back on later, see how i go.

Hope you are all well...

Ciao

Not a shocker Leanne. Cameron got shingles (a variation of the virus) when I was 8 weeks preg. I was PARANOID, can't imagine I'd be any better now.

happy 5 th month to Darcy and Kaitlyn and Phoebe for tomorrow
    Last edited by ~shazz~; October 8th, 2006 at 07:59 PM. Reason: oops and again

Oh Thanks Shazz, same too to Kaitlyn and Phoebe!

It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow too!

happy anniversary Cam and Kim

Happy Anniversary Cameron and Kim.

And Happy 5mths - DARCY, Kaitlyn and Phoebe!

Ohhh I am so excited I just found a thread, been googeling all day and think I know what Lachie has - It is called Dysphagia, I would post the link but don't think I am allowed to here, wish I could so you could all read. I am so pleased that there are others who have the same problems, think these ladies are overseas, but just makes me feel better IYKWIM.

Kim: Our Kmart here is not too bad for boys clothes but is heaps better for girls clothes. I bought Jayden 2 sets of top and shorts yesterday from Target and the shorts are soft…I didn’t look at girls though. Kmart have light pink and dark pink shorts that are soft for $3.99 each and they had some patterned ones too for I think $5.99. The new ticker was created because I am starting to get excited about xmas …..I can’t wait to see Jayden’s face with all his new toys he is getting….our bubs are at a great age for their first xmas too. Jayden has his wriggly days haha yesterday was one and today he wasn’t…It never stops him from sleeping though LOL. Jayden never lets me sit down either when he is upset/tired I have to keep walking and rocking etc.

Vic: I found red shorts for boys at Kmart too for $3.99 which was exactly what I was looking for but they only had size 1 Grrr!! Yay for Adam sleeping through the night…What a good boy….hopefully last night was the one off and the sleeping through is his new thing LOL. How is Mel and Adam after their needles?

Sheree: I have a bad memory too, I have either written down or put in my phone every feed Jayden has..the time and the length of feed which side he started on. I was also tracking his nappies for a few weeks last month and at one stage tracking his sleep. It felt strange when I stopped doing it….Not going to stop tracking his feeds just yet though. Has Lachie’s rash settled down? Do you know what is causing it? I have to nurse Jayden to sleep…He used to put himself to sleep then he stopped…now I am trying to get him back into self settling. He had always put himself to sleep when we were shopping but he has now started to cry/whinge till I pick him up when we are out too . Did Lachie settle down after I had been talking to you earlier? I have days where Jayden won’t let me out of his sight…its very frustrating. Can you send me that link either MSN or email please?

Sara: Hows Cairns going? When are you coming home? I can’t believe how much Briley has grown!! I can’t remember how much Jayden grew in the last month ( I can’t be bothered getting his book LOL)

Leanne: Great to hear the spots have gone…. they stay away hehe. I have bought so many clothes for Jayden, this week I have layby’ed 4 sets (tshirt and shorts) for him for xmas and bought 2 sets and 2 rompers….I think that’s all LOL he also gets hand me downs

I’ve been up since 6.30am, had half the house cleaned and shopping done by 10am. DP looked after Jayden most of the morning except for changing and feeding of course….He didn’t do much but it was a HUGE help to me…he is slowly getting better. I had my candle party this afternoon which was great!! It was a little chaotic (sp) with a 4mth old, 7mth old and a 3yr old here although Jayden has been an absolute gem for me today and with all the inlaws here I didn’t have to do anything…I even got MIL to give him a bottle (I had some EBM that had to be used). My spotless house is not so spotless anymore Ahh well gotta see the positive side…I won’t be bored tomorrow LOL. I haven’t even had dinner yet, DP is asleep already too and Jayden has just been fed and is now in bed…..so its just me, the dogs and the cat that has to eat.

Have a great night all
    oxoxox

Dysphagia is where they can't swallow - right? Funny that you mention that, but I alsway thought that too (Kids Hospital remember). However as it's a neurological thing (old people sometimes get it after a stroke), he could also have a narrowing of the oesophagus. Are you still going to hossy today?? Probably won't see this - I'll send you a text.

I thought your computer had broken Tania! LOL. I did get a pair of the patterned shorts and a cheapie Tshirt. I just refuse to pay $10 for something that cost $2 to make and she's not going to wear long. I had to still get the 000 though even though she's 00 for everything esle as she's such a skinny minny.

Cool a candle party I've never been to one of those.

Darcy's still not sleeping at night well. Last night she started to scream after an hourso I went to get her some panadol. Well I gave her .3ml and she shut her eyes, so I don't know. She still sleeps with me about half the night. Mainly so I don't have to go in there every three minutes. Twice last night she got herself totally unwrapped and laughs when you go in there, but by the time I wrap her up and cuddle her she goes straight back to sleep, but not if I leave her in her own bed I JUST WANT SOME SLEEP........
    Her CC is still dreadful. I went to the chemist and he gave me bath oil, cream and some omegas for me to take. He said it should help with my dreadful skin ATM too.

Does this sound unreasonable? SIL and MIL wanted to get Darcy a cabbage patch kid for christmas cos it had her date of birth. I said wouldn't it be better to get her something she can actually play with in the next 3 years? They got all huffy. I couldn't care less about it's birthday and I want to buy her first CPK (when she's about 5) as she's my little girl. Am I being ridiculous? Be honest.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIM & CAM!
    HAPPY 5 MTHS DARCY, KAITLYN & PHOEBE!!!

Kim: No broken computer here LOL how come you thought that? I have a spare computer anyway so if my pesty dogs do anything to the laptop I still have the PC I can use (I just hate using the PC). Some of Jayden’s clothes I have paid way too much for but most I get on sale or clearance (the bonus of going shopping all the time). I paid $25 for a all in one, beanie and booties that I knew he would only wear once, I thought it was too much but bought it anyway cause it was gorgeous then I found out someone else I know had bought the same thing but paid over double that! So I felt better, and I squeezed him into it for a 2nd time too LOL. That narrowing of the oesophagus(pyloric stenosis) is what the paed though Jayden had when he was a few weeks old…luckily he didn’t though. Poor Darcy must be teething then….Do whatever you need to do to get sleep I think…if that means having her in bed with you then just do it! I don’t do it anymore but Jayden is getting better at sleeping through, last night he was asleep at 9.20pm he stirred just before midnight so I put his dummy in then I woke up leaking at 7am….I expressed 180ml then Jayden woke at 7.30am….I wish all nights were like that LOL. I’m not sure what else you can do for the CC, is it thick or just a thin covering all over? I’ll see if I can find out any other remedies (other than bicarb ). I don’t think you are being unreasonable with the CPK….Your baby, your choice….My inlaws told me not to buy ANYTHING for Jayden between now and xmas (in case they want to buy it). I said too bad, I had a list before he was born and I didn’t get anything from it…so I’ll buy want I want for my son LOL.

Today I have a small amount of housework (cleanup after the party) and a little washing to do but otherwise nothing. I will be on standby for Sheree if she needs moral support (if Wade can’t get in there). I might add some more pics to Jayden’s website.

Have a great day all
    oxoxox

I was only joking Tania - you just hadn't been on in a couple of days and I missed you! LOL.
    The cradle cap isn't really thick just very very flaky and red/inflamed. THe oil and cream seem to have helped already and I started my tablets so here's hoping.
    Is Sheree still going to hospital today?

Oooh and I got my toenails painted - next goals are bikini wax and hairdressers appointment. I'm getting a bit selfish. I made the poor child wait for me to blowdry my hair this morning.
    Gotta love my job - I'm supposed to be in court this week. Lucky I blowdryed my hair, but my mum has had to go north to see her brother whose really sick, so if I'm called I have to take Darcy (Cams required for the same matter) - I'd rather do that than leave her with the inlaws.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; October 9th, 2006 at 10:30 AM.

LOL Kim, I thought you might have been but with my baby brain who knows what I said haha. Awww how nice it is to be missed hehe

You may have got the same text I did from Sheree not long ago but they are going in at 2pm and staying for 2 nights now so they can monitor the feeding over a longer period.

I hope the tablets work for you...well for Darcy LOL. Your not being selfish, you have to look after yourself too...I should do things like that but I never really have except getting my hair done because SIL#4 is a hairdresser so I get it very cheap or sometimes free!

Are you back at work? I don't think I knew that.....Hmm or is it baby brain kicking in again. Are you able to take Darcy with you? I'm picturing you in a court room with a baby on your lap LOL

Jayden is laying on his doona in front of the TV watching Winnie the Pooh...I think that might be another favourite....He has had his Charli (Hi5) fix this morning too LOL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast