Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Tan, Angus has 2 sleeps now. If we are at home he has about 2-3 hrs in the morning, then about 1hr in the arve. He doesn't sleep well if we are out and might have 3 or 4 little sleeps. I love his big morning sleep, it is when I get my washing, cleaning etc done!!!

Yep Tan same here. Mia has been on 2 day sleeps for about 3-4 weeks now - she was getting harder and harder to put down in the afternoon so now we skip it altogether. She took a couple of days to adjust, but now she's fine!

Ok thanks ladies - so if she wakes between 6-730(usually) what time would you put her down for her morning nap?? About 10ish?? and then about 2ish?? Would that seem right? Sorry for the million questions!!

Well depends here, The last 2 days Angus has gotten up about 6am. I bf, brekky and then give him a bath and put him back to bed about 8am. He slept till 11.30. Then I get him up bf, lunch, play and I have just put him back to bed now cause he was getting cranky!! Normally after he wakes up 2hrs is his limit. But in the afternoon when he wakes up he stays up till about 7.30 then to bed for the night.!! HTH!!

Cool thanks hun - might just play it by ear here too- 2 - 2 1/2 is her limit usually too- so makes me wonder if she still needs the extra one. Ah the joys of working it all out!!

quick ? here, I am going to order the 2 green kids nappy trial pack, is hemp or bamboo better for the insert?

I like bamboo, the hemp I find gets really stinky!! JMO, but yeah I would go bamboo!!!

bamboo it is then!

Yeah bamboo is more absorbent as well!
    Tan - Ethyn's routine is like this (give or take half hour or so)
    7:30am wake bottle
    8:30am brekkie
    10am sleep
    12noon - bottle
    2:30pm sleep
    4:30pm bottle
    7pm bed for night
    9pm attempted dream feed, which never works for us!!!

So I guess he is having 2 naps during the day. I am introducing the second meal today, when we are at 3 solids I think I will stretch the bottles out longer so he is only having 3 bottles per day and can go to bed without having a dream feed.

Sarah - bamboo is more absorbent but takes twice as long to dry as a result, so pros/cons to both

Tan - Mia's day is normally

6:30/7-9am awake
    9-11 sleep
    11-1 awake
    1-3 sleep
    3-7 awake
    7 bed

Sorry and I should say she is BF at 7,11,3 and 6:30 and has solids at 12 and 5

Thanks Kristen! I'm giving Iz solids 3 times a day plus fruit!! OMG is that too much???? She just started eating properly this last week and leaning forward for the spoon etc. Am I overdoing it? I give her fruit for brekky, vegies/fruit for lunch, vegies for dinner, and some banana or yoghurt for an arvo snack. At the moment she eats 2-3 ice cube blocks of these.

Iz will guide you I'm sure Tan!

Mia is a guts and will keep eating till there's no tomorrow if I didn't stop her, I'm sure LOL I generally give her 3-4 tablespoons of rice cereal if she's having that, or 3-4 cubes of vegies/fruit. Maybe I should be giving her more, but that's what she's having and she seems happy enough

omg...i had no idea about the new thread

Quick one here..im tired! (whats new? )

Mason is fully sitting unaided and is generally so much happier cos he can see the world now! thank god!

No more teeth yet but I reckon the top two will be out within the next week.

Love yas xxx

Sarah - I would have said go the bamboo too (that's what I have) but Kristen's right - they take bloody forever to dry. I have an auto-sensor dryer that I have turn on three times to get them dry. Look out power bill come winter!! The bamboo is brilliant though - the green kids with bamboo can stay dry on her for hours.

Tan - Iz still has two or three sleeps a day. Her routine is a bit like this, although it varies a bit:

Anywhere between 7 and 9am - gets up, has a bottle then after a 15 odd minute break she will have some cereal mixed with fruit and a cruskit. She's up for only a couple of hours and then has a sleep for betwen 45 minutes to two hours. The up for another bottle and another solids feed of vegies. Up for another couple of hours then another 45 minute nap. Up again for another 2.5 odd hours then a quick nap then up for a play, solids, bath, play, bottle and bed by about 8pm.

Thanks for the feedback girls, I went ahead and ordered an orange one and the blue camo print, I wanted to avoid gender specific but I couldn't resist.

Tan, sorry I can't help you with a schedule, we don't have one, I think I may need to work on one though but it works for us for the moment other than the lack of sleep. Noah does only have 2 naps though if that helps, if he really needs a third it will be a short kip. I think SOS has a good routine but I am not an early riser so the 7am start doesn't work for me.

I might have to start reading everyone elses routines and make one that suits, I am always out and about but the holidays will be a good time to try and get something sorted because we are far too broke to go anywhere

I still have to look at Kristens blog and Danni's gallery, I just don't have the time for anything!!!! While Noah is sleeping I want to get the kitchen done and maybe the bedroom b4 mil comes around for her daily latte and Noah fix.

Hope everyone is well and I will try to do personals later. (I seem to be saying that a lot lately!!!)

OMG Sarah-daily MIL visits??? You are one gorgeous woman not going nuts at that! She's lovely but would do my head in coming over every day!

Double OMG Sarah. My MIL is really lovely but that would drive me nuts. Mind you, my own mum visiting every day would drive me nuts!!

I just got my fluffy mail - whole stash of green kids which are happily sloshing around in the washing machine. Fortunately I didn't have to be gender neutral cos of knowing Ned's a girl so got all the pretty colours as well as bright yellow, blue, orange and red, a gorgeous yellow one with big coloured butterflies on it and a pink gingham one. My favourite one is the multi coloured stripe one - soooo cute. I don't think my DH believes me anymore when I say they're not a fashion accessory though. . .

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast