Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Default Babies Born May 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here

I'm first :P

Second hehe

third

Lulu-I'm a good girl all the time

Mel-I can't believe my little sleep machine is now the crawling-pulling himself up on everything-solids eating machine! Soon, it'll be walking machine....WAAAAA!!

Lee-I've given up on dry pailing, I hate the smell. I use about a 1/3 of a cap on nappysan to 7L of water. This gets all stains and smells out too - and no damage to my nappies as of yet.

Kristen-Blake hates slepp :| Seriously getting beyond a joke, am going to beg to get into sleep school in the new year, seriously I thought by 8 months he'd at least be down to 1-2 wakings a night, at the moment it's 4+ You could try nurofen for the teething, or if you can see the tooth, put fresh lemon juice on a cotton tip and rub it over the tooth before bed - if not the first night, a cuople of nights in that tooth should be there. The acidity in the juice breaks down that tiny bit of stubborn skin.

Shell-Bloomin men hey! At least you had a lovely day by the sounds of things yesterday!

Didn't end up going on Saturday night...ended up at another guy's place (wow I'm sounding more and more trampy as I type lol) But no, I've only "seen" 2 guys and have decided to ditch one and see how things go with this one. Long story short, on Friday night I found out the guy I was supposed to be seeing, got friendly with my friend! Ah well, that just goes to show it would never have worked!!

Blake slept ok last night but only because he had nurofen twice - 7-12.50, then till 4.25 and up for the day at 6.30. He must be cutting even more teeth because he is chewing on his hands, the table, couch, anything really! Nothing is consoling him either, he is such a cranky ***** all the time but I hold onto the hope that difficult bub=angel toddler. We'll see lol

ETA: HAPPY 8 MONTHS FOR THE 15TH MASON!

Ash - you crack me up!! How did Blake go with your exDH?? Did he look after him or did his Mum have him again? Men have no idea hey, my DH has Angus for 5 mins then goes here he wants you, I don't know what's wrong with him or even I have things to do and can't watch him HELLO WELCOME TO MY LIFE!!!!! So when you say you don't dry pail, do you put the nappisan and water and then put your nappies in that till you wash them? I don't think i could carry the my nappy bucket with water and nappies in it! My laundry in out the back (we live on acreage) and is a good distance away from the house, is a real pain in the arze.

Anyway, not much happening around here today, am sooo tired wish I could sleep all day (those were the good ole days!!) Waiting to get all my holiday pay on Wed so I can go blow it all on chrissy pressies, so trying to avoid the shops till then! They are so crazy this time of year I actually hate shopping for once!

Men - pffffttt. Al took today off to organise insurance stuff - which he did by stomping around the house and talking loudly on the phone about his disappointment that we didn't pay extra for rental car option (although we aren't at fault so still may be able to get one from the other guys insurance ) and he did all this during Izzys morning nap - and geeee I wonder why she woke up after only a 40 min nap - grrrrr! Now she's grumpy.

Off to get Santa pics today, bank a chq, and more shopping - when will it end!?!

Ash - LOL at your boys! You go girly! Blake is such a champ - I cant believe he's nearly walking! I've had to baby proof the tree- Iz keeps scooting towards it and pulling on branches and pulling the balls off!

Back later ladies!

Shell-He went alright...came back with a bit of sunburn and a bruise on his head but I can't say anything lol he is always hitting his head on stuff, that's the fun of him being mobile I guess!! I use warm water then put napisan in and the bucket is in his room - it's sealed tightly, he can't tip it over etc. You can then tip the water out in your bathtub or on the plants or something or if you can find a way you can put it in the wash, it's not really relevant if the water goes in the machine or not. I agree about hating shopping, it's so much more depressing because I'm on a very very tight budget

Tan-Ah well you'll know for next time the extras sometimes are worth it hehe Still waking Iz up sucks, make him look after her grumpy bum!!! Ugh I can't believe it either, all he wants to do is pull himself up (he does this on any surface - toys, the table, the dishwasher, HIS COT THIS MORNING...). I've put a table Blake can't get under or through in front of the Chrissy tree, but to be honest he isn't that fussed by it really!

He's down for his nap already, he has a funny little pattern going on but whatever makes him happy. I have alot of calling around to do, centrelink (they say I'm earning $40 a fortnight, what the??), child support etc. Just called my FDC mum (IM GOING BACK TO WORK VERY SOON, JUST GOTTA FIND A JOB LOL) and we're meeting tomorrow, she lives a 15 second walk away, ever so handy!

Shell - your DH sounds like mine. I went out for a Christmas lunch with the girls yesterday and when I got home DH was so grumpy. The poor love was starving so when I asked him why he didn't just get something to eat he said "oh yeah, how am I supposed to do that with HER". Hmmm. The way I do the washing, folding, ironing, cleaning and cooking each and every #*&#$**#$&# day you schmuck!!

Ash - more schmucky men. Good you ditched that one. Hope the new one works out better, or at least doesn't think that sharing is acceptable!

Lee - can't say I've done anything with the nappies at the moment. I rinse them and then throw them in an open bucket thing that lives on top of the washing machine, so the smell is never too bad. Looks pretty nasty though so a nappy bucket is on my shopping list.

Kristen - the MCNs are great - you have definitely converted me!! I was all set to get the hautes, but then tried the green kids after DH pushing them (his cousin uses them). Have to admit, they are by far the best absorbency for Izzy, although the inserts take forever to dry. Still, that's a fairly decent trade off I guess. I found with Izzy that bonjella and panadol worked most of the time, although I had to give a few doses of panadol on the bad days. When she was really bad though the nurofen was brilliant. I don't like using it much either but I'd rather she had it now and then when the pain is that bad. Like Lee (?) said, make sure you give it to Mia after you've given her a feed though so its gentler on her tummy. Also, non-drug things I found helped were cold flannels to chew and one of those teething fish things that you put in the fridge first. Poor poppet. Hope her tooth comes through quickly and gives her a break.

Tan - those pictures are terrible. You are all so lucky. As for the hire car, I kicked myself about the same thing until I looked at the extra cost of it. Hopefully you can get something out of the other guy's insurance company to cover your costs.

Well, didn't get my Santa photos done so will have to try again this week. Had a lunch with the girls yesterday which was so disappointing. We went to a lovely winery but all they served for lunches was platters that were full of salami, brie, smoked salmon, feta and dips that were made with things I couldn't eat so while the girls had a great time eating them and drinking pink champagne I had a diet coke, plain turkish bread and a piece of smoked cheddar. I was feeling very sorry for myself - being pregnant at Christmas really sucks!
    Last edited by LuluHB; December 17th, 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Lulu - PMSL at DH. That is a classic line. I love our DH's. They just look after the baby and that's all and are completely exhausted and grumpy at us. But when we are tired from doing everything they ask us why we are so grumpy because it can't be that much work looking after the baby. Really sorry about your lunch yesterday. Some menus just don' cater for pg women. Good luck getting your santa photo's done. I just love Livvy's. It's so cute.

Tan - OMG at your accident. I'm so glad you are all okay and i wouldn't worry about only grabbing Izzy. It is a completely normal mother thing. It's exactly what I would have done. I've always told DH if anything happens just grab Livvy and don't worry about anyone or anything else.

Ash - Some guys are losers and you deserve so much better than that. Hope this new guy turns out a more respectable one. I sit here and watching Livvy trying to commando crawl with me encouraging her then I get on here and hear all about Blake and what a handful is he getting into everything and then I lay her on her back to put it off as long as I can. LOL!!

Shell - Damn DH's. They are just a pain sometimes aren't they? So is your little man on the move?

Danni - OMG!! you are going to be a mummy again. Best of luck TTC #2. It's so exciting. I can't wait to TTC #2 but I have to wait until at least May/June so I can get maternity pay for the next bubba. How is your gorgeous little man, any more teeth yet?

A huge hello to everyone else who posted in the other thread cause I get it up at the same time. I'm computer illiterate (sp?).

Livvy is going really well. Rolling every where and doing her best to commando crawl but struggling to get the co-ordination worked out. She was so happy helping me wrap up Dave's presents and she trashed it and somehow managed to get herself upped up in a whole roll of wrapping paper. It was so cute.
    Anyway I'm off to unpack from the weekend and get ready for our week away over christmas. ONLY 8 SLEEPS UNTIL SANTA COMES!!!!

Have a great day everyone,
    Love Dan & Livvy.

Well at least it is not just my DH who can be an inconsiderate ar$e haha!! But they do come in handy sometimes I spose (like to help make babies haha!!)

Dan, no Angus is still immobile! Just about the only one by the sounds of it! He tries to shuffle along but I think he finds it much easier to just roll everywhere!! He is not really even sitting up yet, tries but falls over after about 20secs or so. He is a pro roller instead!! We just went and done some groceries and he thought he was so good cause I sat him up in the seat with the seat belt on and he laughed and looked aorund the whole time!!

Lulu, I remeber what it was like missing out on all the christmas goodies!! My kids are Jan, March and May, so yes, preg through christmas and summer, great hey!! I can eat all the goodies this xmas but whaaa still not much alcohol!! Couldnt be bothered expressing so I can have a few drinks - too lazy!!! Oh well, next year!!!

Anyway, I better go, is so flippin hot here! Have washing to hang out and not allowed to use dryer anymore , last electricity bill was $700!! Almost died when I opened it!! How does an elec bill get that high!!

See ya!

Oh Shell I feel so much better after hearing about your electricity bill. Ours was $780!!! I almost fainted when I opened it. Don't worry Livvy is only rolling too. I still use the tumble dryer for Olivia's clothes but that's it. I hung them on the line one and they were so crusty and los all their softness. Does that make sense? If I knew how to keep them soft but hang them outside I would.

Hi everyone!!!

Ash - hope Blake gets his teeth soon and stops being a little *****!!!!!
    Lulu - thats not very nice of all those yummy foods being served!!! That's one thing I don't miss about being pregnant, there are so many things that you can't/not suppose to eat!!!! Glad the green kids are working for you.
    Shelle - that may be the only thing men are useful for!!!!! Mine is being a bit of a selfish pr!ck at the moment!!!!!! Thinks he's the only one that has a hard day, at least he gets a day off, I still have to work everyday!!!! He's going to be in for a shock when I go back to work!! Wow $700 for an electricity bill!! I would have died with my legs in the air if we got a bill like that!!!!!
    Dan - its getting exciting for us about Chrissy too!!!! Hubby is reliving his second childhood!!
    Kristen - I ended up getting those liners, be interesting to see what they are like, they were $15 for 200.
    Hello to everyone!!

Update on us!!
    I feel as if Ethyn should be doing more than what he is. He can sit unassisted for about 5 - 10 seconds, should he be doing more than that? He's not saying "ma" "pa" or "da" or anything like that, still baby babbling. Am I putting too much pressure on myself for him to be doing all these things?
    I think he has a bit of a cold at the moment, he is grizzly and all snotty!!!!
    My Nan has been taking to hospital today, she blacked out when visiting her podiatrist. I am feeling rather helpless at the moment, she is 4 hours away so I can't do anything, the doctors are trying to rule out a heart attack, 2 of her blood tests are coming back abnormal, my brother has no idea what that all means. I want to be there for my mum, but can't because of being 4 hours away. My brother just rang me, she is stuck in a corridor because there is no room in the hospital, and apparently there is a waiting list of about 30 people to be taken home from the hospital by ambulance.
    Anyway must go Ethyn's due for a feed!!!
    Bye

Lee - I'm the same with Mia. She's only rolled a handful of times (most by accident), screams bloody murder when she's on her tummy and then only reason she sits well is that's the only position she can be in without chucking a tanty!! LOL

I switch between 'they will all do it in their own time' to 'what else can I possibly do to help her'?? I can't tell you how many times I've cried over it and then wanted to slap myself... I can't help it though!

So I'm no help... I'm the same as you

Dan, PMSL at your elec bill also!!! Glad it's not just me, and trust me Lee I almost was on my back with legs up, I absolutely shat myself when I opened it!!!

Thanks Kristen I feel not so alone anymore!!!!
    Ethyn was only sleeping for about 40 minutes each nap yesterday, then was staying up until his bottle and then a further 2 hours after that!!! So probably was up for 3 hours or so!! I ended up going to the Chemist and getting him some Demazin, worked a treat!! My little boy had his last bottle at 8:30pm last night and had his first bottle at 8am this morning!!!!
    My Nan is out of hospital, came home last night. They don't know what really happened, she just has to be monitored.

Lee - glad to hear your Nan is doing better. Mine was in hospital last week with heart problems and she's 150kms away - all a bit sad and scary. Yay for Ethyn having such a big sleep though - that must have done you the world of good.

Shell and Dan - we had a power bill over $1,000 early this year after I had the airconditioner turned up to arctic over summer. Poor DH is a bit worried I'll be doing the same this year!

OMG at your electricity bill girls - we flip when its close to $400!!!!

Quick question here - when do bubs go to 2 day sleeps???? At the moment iz has one in the morning, one around lunchtime and then one arvo one. Usually all at least one hour and one is usually 1 1/2 hours long. The last few days she's been unsettled and taking ages to get to sleep so just wondering - could be her teeth too though. Yesterday she took ages to settle then slept for a total of 30 mins for both naps in the morning Drives me nuts!
    Catch you all soon!!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast