Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Hi Kass
    Yep Ethyn is our first child, he's on formula, I was not able to breastfeed, which really upset me in the beginning.

yeah its not as common as i thought. But as soon as Bella was born i put her on and she took 2 it straight away but if she didn't i would have put her formula. I wouldn't have mined then but months ago i wasn't drinking enough water so i wasn't producing enough milk and the threat was there 2 put her on formula but i started 2 drink more water and, well im still breast feeding ill stop when she's 12 months and drinking cows milk.
    How do u feel being a mum, what were u doing b4 falling pg?

I love being a mum, its the best thing!!!! I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning, as I'm sure most of us are. Prior to being pg and taking maternity leave I was and am currently back doing, working as an Admin Manager. One of the hardest things has been going back to work, which I did on Wednesday. I miss him so much during the day.
    What about yourself?

Being a mum.........., well theres nothing like it in the world she truely is a blessing!
    Of course at the start i was like um....... i didn't sign up 4 this, i just didn't know what 2 expect. Now i think this is y i was put here. I only work on sats and i miss her so much in just that small amount of time i take my hat off 2 u. Im also booby feeding so i couldn't go back full time anywho. I think im useing that as an excuse....hehe. What does ur partner think of being a daddy?

i know have msn if anyone wants 2 know.

Oh my goodness everyone has been chatty!!

Kass - welcome hun! Glad you have found this wonderful place with all of these gorgeous ladies!!

Kristen- Your very welcome hun - I think your photos are gorgeous so told the girls at MG that I would talk to them this week about a small group session but posted your link too!! Heehee!!

Sarah - Im so sorry to hear about your gramps . Im glad you are going over to see your family soon though, May!!! bubbies will be one - OMG!!! Your comforted no pick up nights sound like what we do and is what the sleep schools recommend! Keep it up hun - it can take a while but he will get the message that its time to sleep and the time you have to hld his hand etc will get shorter.

everyone else!! So sorry I cant do more personals right now - its too hot and we just got back from being away and I have a pile of emails to get though too!!

We had a great time!!! Izzy sat in her own little rockpool for ages while we were at the beach the other day - it was her first time and she LOVED it! Our sleeping pattern has shifted and become a bit erratic again - hard to let her cry a bit at 6am when there are 9 other people in the house!! When you guys say commando crawling - do you mean dragging? Izzy has been dragging/pulling herself all around the house for a few weeks now, and while we were away has almost started crawling properly up on her knees - although most of the time she does it up on her hands and feet like a crab Its hilarious! She also has been getting up on her hands and feet then pushing her butt up in the air (salute to the sun yoga pose actually ) and then pushes back to sitting! She has almost worked out how to pull herself up on furniture too now! Arrggghhh moving missile terror!!

Better go its so hot here again today and we have friends over for a swim!
    Catch you all soon!!

Tan, you just wait till she is pulling up. At first they don't have the balance to get back down and crack it...plus there is the added bonus of getting everything off tables etc so the watching every move thing is amped up even moreso. Blake is WALKING around the furniture now, I hate that word and really hope to god he doesn't walk before 12 months. Liklihood-buckleys lol

ash: send me your ticker pic via email pls! flakey looks so diff!

Well everyone, dh and i had another massive fight today and I really thought everything was over. But as always, we sugar coat everything and keep plodding along. I dont know how much longer I can keep pretending everything is ok though.

I am so excited for you sarah! thats awesome!

Tan: i wish i lived closer. I need a pool!!

Okies dan will do

Hey everyone!

Oh,Danni, I hope things get better with you and your DH. such a trying time for anyone with a baby. I know our biggest fights are always money related. Hence me going back to work to try and ease the pressure.

Ash, Blake does look soooo grown up OMG!!!!!! He is one handsome little man!!!

Hi Kass and welcome!!!! Your little girl is a cutie!!!!

Lee, glad your days at work have been good, I bet you are missing your little man though!!

Tan, DH and all the kids are in the pool as I type!! I am about to cook dinner so can't be bothered getting in!! Angus loves the pool and gets so excited when I put his swimmers on!!!

Anyway, I went out last night and left DH with the kids haha!! I think he was shocked cause I wasn't going to go, then they all started to whinge so I got dressed and said see-ya!!! I had a good night, we just went for dinner to farewell a work colleague, so was a bunch of rowdy Dr's and nurses!! Then we hit the pokies for awhile!! I drove so only had a glass of wine, but just being able to go out with no kids was unreal!!!! My first shirt back at work is the 19th Jan so I have a few weeks to prepare myself. I'm sure it will al go fine.

Anyways, I better get dinner on cooking! Take care yummy mummies, talk again soon!!!

Ash- I agree, Blake looks like such a cool little man! Not a baby anymore these poppets! Argggh!

Shell- I just got out! Heehee! I tend to avoid the hottest part of the day and go for a swim in the arvo and stay in front of the ac all day!! We dont have heating in ours though and its a bit cold for Iz so we put her in her shell and she loves it!!

Not sure who asked but I go back to school for 2.5 days. Half a day Wed, then full days on Thursday and Friday. Im looking forward to it on one hand but dreading it too - the best bit about being a teacher is that Im already being paid now! Whoohooo! That has eased the pressure off so much which is great. Right better get Izzys dinner ready! Have a great night all!

Hi everyone and welcome Kass. Wow - so much to catch up on. Will see how I go . . .

Dan - sorry to hear you and DH are having an, um, interesting time with DTD. And hey, speaking as the only pregnant one of the group I completely understand why its not funny and you don't want to be pregnant yet!!

Danni - sorry you and your DH are not having a good time. I hope its nothing too serious and something that you can sit down together and talk through.

Sarah - yay for a trip home but sorry about your grandfather. It will be lovely for Noah to get to meet all your friends and family there before he gets too much bigger.

Lee - I'm glad your first week back has gone relatively smoothly. I bet you're just going to love this weekend home with your gorgeous boy.

Still not more teeth for Izzy but she's a lot happier so that's good. This pregnancy thing is really getting to me at the moment. I'm the size of a small country, even though I weigh less than I did at this point with Iz, and am already so uncomfortable and just so tired. Ned is kicking heaps now, mainly at night so I can't sleep - typical, but I wouldn't trade those reassuring kicks for anything. Fortunately Iz has been a little champion lately - eating like a horse, loooooong sleeps through the night and two good sleeps during the day. She is getting herself into a sitting position on her own, pulling herself up on furniture, dragging herself around the floor and just so happy about life. I wish I could freeze this time and keep her like this - she's just so gorgeous!

shellbelle good on u 4 going out im still at the stage where id feel 2 guilty but thats prob coz shes my 1st bubs.
    Hi luluhb congrats on pg how exciting 4 u im scared 2 fall pg again but loved it when i was if i wasn't as young as i am and had something backing me up as in schooling id TTC soon but id like 2 educate myself a bit as that has gone out the window 4 a little bit. :-) Do u know what ur having?

Its more than a little scary being pregnant again so soon, and with MS hitting me again over the last couple of weeks it is a struggle looking after Iz. I'm having another girl, so I'm hoping my girls will have a close relationship given they're so close in age. I'm 38 this year, so if DH and I decide to have a 3rd then I need all the time I can get (although I can tell you based on how I feel right now, a 3rd aint happening!!). Still, who knows how I'll feel when "Ned" is a year or so old - I might have an urge to try for a boy and have forgotten how crappy this pregnancy thing is. You've got tons of time up your sleeve and I think getting more of an education is a very smart thing to do. Besides, you have a lovely little princess to enjoy before having to think about sharing your time with a second baby.

Check this pic out, he looks super grown up:
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...n/chrissy9.jpg

Be back later for personals just wanted to share!
    Last edited by Ashlee; January 6th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

yeah i agree with u lulu and ur girls will b close they can hang out 2gether and stick up eachother at school...hehe do u no wat ur calling her?

I'M NOT PREGNANT, YAY!!!!!!!
    But I unfortunately know this because AF arrived yesterday for the first time since being pg . TMI warning: OMG it is so incredibly heavy and painful. No-one told me that AF would be like this. I've always had light and painfree periods but I feel absolutely terrible today and I have to change my super tampons every 2 hours. It's crazy. I've never ever had to use a super let alone change every 2 hours. Is this normal after having a baby??? Sorry about the major over share.

Ash - Blake is such a little man now but he is just gorgeous. Livvy would be half his size. I have just bought Livvy some shorts to wear to child care and they 0000. She has the littliest waist that I have so much trouble getting her pants to stay on. But she's long and needs 00 one pieces but they absolutely hang off her. I can't believe Blake is walkinga round the furniture already. You must be constantly on the go watching him.

Lulu - Sorry to hear that your m/s is back and that you are so uncomfortable already. Is DH able to help you out lots? Little Izzy is such an amazing sleeper, you are so lucky. I love your new ticker photo. Does Izzy love swimming?

Tan - So glad that Iz loves her paddling pool. We got livvy a blow up pool for chrissy and she loves it. She reclines back on the soft edges and chills out. It is fantastic as it has it's own sunshade. I am so jealous of your pool. Dave and I are going to put a pool in when we buy next year. Livvy has been commando crawling by moving her arms and legs at the same time but in the last few days she has decided enoughs enough and is getting up on her knees and is starting to crawl. She gets frustrated and somehow ends up in a push up pose and then doesn't know what to do.

Danni - Sorry to hear about you and DH fighting. Dave and I went through a terrible patch a while ago and I was really worried that we weren't going to make it but we sat down and had a huge long chat (when livvy was down for the night) and tried to sort it all out. We are still working on it but it is so much better. Do you think that would help?? Do you fight over the same thing each time or do you fight over little things that break the camels back so to speak? We're here for you if you need us. Never forget that.

Shell - Good on ya for getting out. I was planning on getting out last night while DH and the inlaws looked after Livvy but the little terror spewed all over me and my own change of clothes so I couldn't go as I had absolutely nothing else packed. LIttle munchin conspiring against me already. Enjoy your time off before work. Im only just realising how much I wasted my time off now.

Hi to everyone else, was going to do a better job on personals but surprise surprise Livvy wants some food.

Hopefully catch up later,

Dan.

Shell-Congrats on getting out by yourself, it really does need to be done for your sanity

Lulu-So happy to hear Iz is settling down for you. You're so lucky, I'd kill to have a sleeping baby!!!

Dan-My period was ridiculously heavy before I had Blake, and my first one back was terrible. I'm sure it's normal, as long as there isn't any clotting etc I'm sure it's perfectly normal. Omg at 0000, Blake's in 00-0 pants and 0-1 shirts. He is massive lol Yep, I'm constantly watching him, I am definitely investing in a play pen, and soon! He thinks the dog's water bowl is fun to play in...ew!

WELL I went on a real date last night with a lovely gentleman! He is a friend of a friend and he is devine - well spoken, well dressed, intellectual, nothing like any of the other wangs I've seen in the past. He's an industrial electrician and he is very very good looking lol I'm a little smitten, already getting a flutter when I get a text from him. Awww I'm blushing!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast