Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

OK, firstly, Lee, yes our seat is still rearward also!! I watched that video also and it scared me!!! I will be leaving it that way for awhile as he still reg sleeps in the car anyway!

Well we went to the Dr, Eldest DD has throat infection and fluidy ears so has Ab's. Middle DD has SEVERE throat infection, chest infection and is generally feeling very crappy - ABs also!! Angus however has a bit of a red throat but Dr said he is pretth good, so not sure what all the screaming was about last night, but anyway he is the healthiest and for now doesn't need ab's, only to go back if he gets worse! What a day! I then had to get some groceries before we all starved!! I had to get veges for Angus, and have his dinner on now cooking.

Anyway, Dan, can't wait to hear all about work. I am so nervous abouyt going back, am curious to see how you went - and Livvy!!!

BBL again, have to put the rest of the groceries away before the kids eat everything!!!

Wow you girls have been busy!!!!!
    Quick update from us
    Ethyn has started to climb up on my leg and stand while I'm sitting on the lounge. Its quite scary, he tries it on his fold up sofa and ends up nearly falling over, the other day, he lent on the soft bit and hit his head on his toy box in the lounge, I laughed, hubby called me a "sadist" for laughing, but its such a great distraction for Ethyn, no tears, just a giggle!!
    They told me this morning at CC that he is crawling, but not sure if its crawling or his usual movements, hope its not crawling, if it was I missed his first crawl
    A big "hi" to everyone. Will try and catch up with personals over the weekend when I have a chance to read what everyone is up to

OMG where to start??? Warning this post will probably be very long and I probably won't get to everyone lol!

Firstly congrats Lulu on expecting another princess! I also think you are very brave lol! Have you got a name picked out yet or is it a secret? Oh and yes Elena's reflux has completely gone, she is such a happy little girl now.

Shell I hope your kiddies get well soon, poor little things. I don't know how you cope with all of them being sick. I hope you don't get it too hun

Tan wish I had a pool at the moment, isn't this melb weather crazy! How is Izzy going with the heat? I shouldn't complain too much though cos my ILs have a pool, in fact I have just come home from there. Elena loves the pool and splashes around and giggles!

Ash OMG at Blake walking around the furniture! Yikes sounds like you have your hands full. I'm so sorry that you are going through a hard time right now but sounds like you will be so much better off without ex DH. Oh and I reckon Blake will be the first to walk too

Hi Kass nice to meet you, I'm going to check out your photos when I finish this post.

Well things going great with me. Elena is growing up so fast though and I wish sometimes that she would just stop lol! She is an eating/talking machine at the moment. She eats 3 huge meals a day plus still has 4 bottles! She also never stops talking. So its all about food and chatting lol just like her mummy She can now say dada, mama, baba (bottle!) and just started saying nana. She also gives very sloppy kisses on demand! She is not crawling and has no desire to do so.........she has been sitting up by herself since 5 months and is very happy doing that while she babbles all day! Although she does do a backwards like shuffle occassionally. She has no toothy pegs yet but a couple of big lumps on her bottom gum so hopefully they are not too far away.

I am going back to work on the 21st Jan, I got a new job for 2 days a week. I'm sad but also excited at having extra money! My mum will look after El one day and my MIL the other day. Dan I hope your return to work wasn't too stressful. I'm dreading the first week but keep telling myself that its only 2 days

I also have some recent photos. Gotta go, DH is kicking me off the computer......

Hi Guys started trying to catch up on what has been happening but it was hopeless! Things have been very busy on the home front here!! I feel like I am back at work. DH got offered a new job on Xmas Eve and which was for better money and it meant he would be off the tool. Instead of being a concreter his new role is a civils supervisor and he is actually working for the engineering company and not the concreting company. He still works 4 weeks away 1 at home thou The other thing was that he is a subbie again! and we couldn't use his business we needed to be a company. And I tell you now that it isn't easy at this time of the year to be doing that and organizing workers comp and public liability etc........oh and I have to start book work again...... was kind of enjoying not having to worry about gst etc

We also decided to sell DH's work truck and our ski boat before he went back to work. So I have been in charge of that as well.
    Good ol' eBay! It is funny cause when replying to any questions that we get (which I have been bombaded with!!!) I have been adding 'cheers' to the end of the reply and they all think that they are talking to my hubby So when they have asked to come and have a look at either the boat or the truck I told them to 'ring my wife' aka ME to organize a time

Oh and I also have registered my business name (finally!) Memories 4 Ever Photography. Was hoping to have had my website organized by now but the company setup took priority. And I think it is going to take another good month before I can start properly trading.

Well enough about me!

Ashlee it must have something to do with the name cause my Izzy is walking around everywhere along furniture and she holds on to my legs to go where I go!!! It is so cute we play peek a boo through my legs LOL Actually yesterday she stood on her own for about 4/5 seconds I freaked out!!!

Sangie don't worry I am in and out of here all the time am always so bl**dy busy that I don't get in here as often as I like. WELCOME BACK

Lee I still have th car seat RF I just haven't got around to getting it changed and she is happy that way still. We play games when we go out. I knock on the back window and she will giggle and wave.... I might do it in the next month but might have to go get her weighed first hmm better put that on the to do list

Lulu LOL feel sorry for your cat! Atleast the cat will be getting exercised! 40m is a good sprint

Alright have to go the fan in the office isn't working and I am working up a sweat

Sweet Dreams Everyone xx

I can't catch up at the moment LOL But YAY for all the development and that all bubbas seem to be progressing wonderfully. It's so funny that half are talkers and half are more physical...who'd have thought?

Blake said BUBUBUBUBUBUB for about 3 minutes this morning! YAY!!

Yeah and funny how mines a talker, surprise surprise not! LMAO! DH doesn't get a word in! Cheeky monkey pulled herself up in her cot this morning, wish I had seen it.

Yay on Elena pulling herself up sweetie...once they start they don't stop lol!

ETA: Toothy peg 6 today...insanity I tell ya! He now has 3 on top and 3 on bottom, a bit skewiff but that's my boy lol!

Yes i agree Ash. Angus is def a talker!! He says Mum, Dad, bub and babbles anything all the time!!! He is not prop crawling on hands and knees yet only commando. He has mastered though this last week the fine art of getting from belly to his bum. Very clever when I put him to bed and he sits up and screams!! He has pulled himself up on the rails in the cot once but I left the rail down (smack smack) and now leave them up and he cant grab it!

i have been trying to get mason atleast on all fours but he cracks it. He just wants to sit up and bounce up and down lol

But he can say mum and dad now.

Another thing too which is soooooooo weird. We have the cot base up at the highest position, and the cot sides are always dropped. But mason NEVER even rolls or tries to get out.
    When he wakes at night, he cries but lays completely still! weird hey

shellbelle: Im glad u found out what those dots were and that everyone will soon b on the mend!
    Ashlee: I cant believe Blake has got 6 teeth!!! Bella hasn't got one yet, though im teething, my wisdom tooth is coming through. She had her very 1st vegemite on bread 2day and loved it.

Mmm's first: Hey there i havent met u b4, so hi

Ash - OMG at Blake, everything!!! He is growing so quickly and doing so much. How gorgeous. I can't believe your little man has popped through 6 teeth. Wouldn't mind betting another two aren't far away. Apparantely they pop through pairs close together.

Danni - Mason will do what he wants when he wants, LOL! See Olivia won't bounce at all. She doesn't get it but Mason does. And he's talking, that's huge! How is the sleeping coping?

Tan - Did you get your car back?? If so happy with the results?? It sounds like Iz is going the same crawl (if that's what we can call it, LOL!!) as Liv. It is just so gorgeous. I saw your post about Iz's cuddles. They are amazing aren't they? I adore my cuddles. Take a tip from me, don't worry about getting ready for work spend every available minute with your little girl. It's amazing how much you miss them.

Kass - I can't believe how much Annabelle is saying, it's amazing. Livvy isn't saying any words but makes lots of sounds and squeals. How are you going finding people to meet in personal in Ballarat? Glad your little girl enjoyed her vegemite. Livvy adores vegemite sandwich for lunch.

Lulu - How you feeling gorgeous?? Little Iz coping with heat ok?

Lee - Olivia car seat is still rear facing and it is going to be rear facing for as long as we can. The difference in the safety is huge so we have decided to keep her rear facing.

MMM - It's so good to hear from you and that everything is going so well. You'll have to let us know when your website is up and running so we an all have a sticky nose. You are going to be one busy lady running your business and doing the book work for both and let's not forget your most hectic job, being a mum.

Shell - Gee your house wouldn't be much fun at the moment with three sick kids. Did you get any sleep? Glad the kids are all on the mend though.

Liz - Welcome back darling. I promise you will not get any unsupportive posts in here. We are here to help and support each other through everything and not to judge each other. I'm so sorry someone made you feel so bad that you felt you had to leave BB.

Well we survived a week, just. Livvy has been quite unsettled when I work evenings and poor Dave has a screaming little babe for about two hours but we aren't sure if it the heat, teeth or the big changes in her life over the last week. We'll just have to ride it out and see how she goes. Last night was the worst, but thankfully I was home so we can both settle her. I was so upset and the mummy guilt was absolutely terrible. I bawled because I felt guilty for leaving her but I know I have to then I felt guilty because I spoilt her and wouldn't let anyone else do it for me so she is so used to only me settling her and that has caused more problems now for her. I was so miserable, crying and of course took it out on Dave, poor hubby. It's going to take a while for us all to adjust but we'll get there. I did enjoy work and it was great to be earning some money again so I don't feel like a sponge. But the fact that I enjoyed work made me feel even worse. It is most definitely a work in progress though.
    Livvy is now offically crawling and getting into everything. It is so gorgeous. When she gets excited or when we are going to pull her away from something she isn't alowed to touch she is too excited to crawl so she crawls/commando crawls/crab crawls. It's amazing! Our babies are simply amazing!
    We had Livvy at the MCHN today and she is great. Doing everything she should be and nothing she shouldn't so she's okay which is the most important thing. We had her weighed and wait for it ................. she's a whopping...........6690grams! She is just so teeny tiny. We are just hanging in the bottom of the green in her weight chart. What made us laugh is the nurse said that she is going to slow down on her weight gain now she is crawling. When did she start?!?!?!?
    Anyway, I'm off to have lunch while Livvy is sleeping. How stinking hot is it??

Catch up later guys,
    Luv Dan

Shell-Can't wait till Blake says mum, he has sounded like he's said it but I'm not convinced. Good on him for gettig himself up to sit, too cute!! I've fogotten to but the side up too, only to find him climbing it, so don't stress we all do it in a sleep deprived haze I'm sure.

Danni-I don't think you need to worry about him falling out till he is rolling proficiently and pulling himself up. Does he ever sit in his cot though? If so you should either put the side up or lower it, JMO.

Kass-Ohh I should try Blake with some bread and vegemite I'm sure he'll like it. Don't worry those toothies will come soon, then watch out for biting!

Dan-His top pair and bottom pair came through in pairs but he has cut 2 rogues this time, not to worry I'm sure the other 2 will follow. I'm glad you survived your week at work if only just barely. Stop with the mummy guilt, I'm sooo happy you enjoyed work, you have such a great job and I'd die to have the smarts to do what you do, it must be so rewarding!

Well Blake gave in to being awake after almost 5 hours, naughty little brat hehe. I had a good sleep last night as did he (only 2 wakings and i was only up with him for 5 mins total) and he slept till 7:30, so I'm pretty chillaxed for once!

Oh Dan, hopefully Livvy is just upset with teeth or something, but I'm sure she will adjust to the changes. I think it is harder for you!! How did she go with bottles?? Are you still going to BF when you are home? Sorry to bombard you with questions, but my DH isn't happy at me doing one day a week, he wants me to go back a lot more. I think I will stay with my set shifts for now, and we are always busy anyway and there ar extra's always going, so i might just pick up shifts when I feel like ithaha (prob never!!) No, I might just squeeze one more in during the week or a few hours on a Sunday or something. He is just panicing asd this is an expensive time of year for us (car rego, insurance and rates) Oh, not to mention both the girls birthdays!! Yikes!!

She is petite isn't she!! I havent had Angus weighed since his 6mth needles and he was 8kgs then!! Must go back when everyone is feeling better round here! I can feel myself getting sick now, so am just hanging around the house doing....basically....NOTHING!!!!

Better go, I am starving, am trying to eat healthy and nothing healthy seems to fill me up iykwim!!

Ash, you keep posting when I do!! Glad Blake has been sleeping better for you! Makes life a whole let better hey!!! My girls were beautiful sleepers, sleeping through from 6 weeks. Not so lucky this time!! Oh well 2 out of 3 I spose!!

LMAO Shell, I hear boys are generally worse sleepers than girls. Meybe because girls are harder to deal with when they're teenagers? LOL

Great Ashlee thats just ignited my fears of having a girl again, i just got over them............lol

So i have been told!!! I have twin cousins girls who are about to turn 15, and OMG they give their Mum a hard time!! I so do not want my kids to grow up!! I want them to be my little babies forever!!!

Thanks guys for replies on car seats...interesting to hear what others do...like many of you I couldn't bear to imagine what might happen to their little necks if their was a car accident

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast