Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Lee I think I'm the exception regarding carseats - Blake is forward facing, but he is way too long for his seat when he is rearward facing, which I feel is more of a risk.

nah Bella is facing foward now also, i was feeling really scared the way u guys r talking i thought id done the wrong thing but shes quite a tall bubs and wont fit the other way.

We are still rear facing as well but probably not for too much longer as she is getting quite tall.

OMG Ash 6 teeth!! We don't have any yet lol! Yay for the good night sleep. I feel so lucky as little Miss is a great sleeper, please don't slap me lol!

Dan I'm sure you guys will get yourselves into a good routine soon, sending you some cyber hugs though. First week was bound to be tough. I start work soon too and I'm in two minds about it. I'll miss Elena like crazy but I'm also looking forward to some adult company and getting to use my brain again lol!

Hi Kass, Elena doesn't have any teeth either yet. Although I can see her bottom two but they are taking ages to cut through. They have been just sitting there for weeks. BTW Bella is such a cutie!

MMM glad things are going so well, you will be one busy mumma!

Shell glad to hear you are all on the mend. I agree just work the minimum you have to lol!

Tan I heard about your accident, yikes how scary.....hope your car is returned to you soon as good as new.

Danni Elena also cracks it on all fours and then just rolls over onto her back and sits up! I don't think she will ever crawls, she is just not interested.

Well we have added another word! Today Elena said ' wow wow wow' ha ha I say ' wow ' to her when she sees something fascinating and today she said it when she saw our dog run by.

Shell I am so incredibly lucky to work in a maternity ward where we have 8 breast pumps which I have full access to. I just take my own attachments (bits that touch my bb's) and use the pump at work. The girls I work with are amazing about my expressing. I get two lactation breaks a shift and the girls won't let me use my dinner breaks at all for it. They are so understanding and considerate it's great. The only problem is my bb's don't express well on a pump. I can only ever get what's stored in my bb's as I don't get let down. I only ever get a total of 100 - 150mls after two expresses. I don't think my milk is going to hang around for long. Livvy has been b/f for 8 months so if it does happen I'm okay with it.

Ash I absolutely love my job. I'm one of the lucky ones. You are giving me too much credit though. You don't need to be smart to be a midwife you need to want to do it. That make sense?

Thanks for your support with me going back to work and letting me getting all of my chest. You guys are just fantastic. THANKS!!!!

Girls guess who has had their babe, TESS!!!!!!!!!! Found this in the birth announcements.

Congratulations Tess and DH on the arrival of Keira Louise.

Arrived at 5.15am, 9 January 2008
    2.8kg or 6lb 3oz
    3 weeks early

I'm so happy for her I'm nearly bursting and crying at the same time.

Oh my lord - just quickly stepping in to say YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for Tess!!!!!!!!!!

Tears here tooo!!!!!!

OMG Congratulations Tess and DH........oh that is such wonderful news (teary eyed here too) can't wait to hear more!

Just a quick one from me tonight, had a busy day with people coming to look at the boat. Can you believe it I got sunburnt!!!!!!! I new it was hot but wasn't even thinking about the fact that each time I was going out that I might get burnt! - I look like Rudolph

Dan that is nice of work to let you have that time to express. You never know with expressing more often you might find that you will get more to fill the bottles with as the weeks go by. We can't forget how efficient our little ones have become. I don't think I can get more than 20mls these days, but even after a feed I can still get milk.

And can't remember who said but will let you know when I have the website done. Probably be done by mid next month.
    And Yes I will be one busy mumma! Especially since the company tax is going to be more involved than the business tax was. I have asked my mum to come and look after Izzy one day a week while I sit and do all the book work.

Well gotta go my face is burning

.........Oh and hi to everyone else
    Chat later lovelies x

You guys are so chatty!!!

Way to go Tess!!! Congrats!!!

No time for personals tonight, I have people over for drinkies tonight and I am printing out my brochures for my website, I am trying to get some local business so I can make enough money to pay off my credit card and have some money put aside for my trip home to Canada in May. I have 120 engagements to print up this weekend too!!!

Anyway better get back to my guests while I let the printer do its thang. Have a great weekend!!!

What are you lovely Melbourne ladies up to on Jan 28th? I am heading down for the day and night because Juz is going to BDO and I would love to catch up!!!

I will do a post in Vic meetups but let me know if you are interested!!!

Oh, lucky you Sarah!! Wish I was closer!!

Dan, It is great you get support to express!! Do you work at a public hosp?? I do, and we are the same, are entitled to 2 x 30mins expressing breaks per shift (8 hrs). I am in neonatal so we also have breast pumps so am lucky that way too. I am just so worried how Angus will go o/n without me. We are going to do a test run tomorrow night, I am going to be at home but "not", I will sleep in girls room so ANgus doesn't know I am here, and DH has to do all the feeding/settling etc. Fingers crossed, I am just hoping he doesn't scream!! Maybe I should wear ear plugs also haha!

ANyway, I am thinking I should go to bed. Am just waiting for this stupid comp to do a virus scan and check, just downloading new one and it has to do complete system check, what a PITA!!

Take care lovelies!

Sars - I may be around then, I will know closer to the date, but I will pencil the date in!!!

i will be around!!!

Yay!!! I think I am booking in at the Nova Stargate even though Juz wants to get somewhere in Flemington. I think that it is fair that he travels and not me because I can't go to BDO I hope we can have most of us there. Tan have a sickie if you are supposed to be working

I hope everyone slept well!! I have just gotten up, I had too many drinkies last night and I am feeling sore. Still tired even though I went to bed at one or two. Time for bacon and eggs

I'm not going to be able to make it

You'll have to take my cut out again.

Aw wish you could make it Dan I should be able to be there - my official first day back is the 29th.
    Quick question - if I give Weet-Bix to Iz is cows milk ok - I read that some people do in other threads but just wanted to check here to see what you guys think! So hard to know! Also I wanna make oatmeal for her too - she loves the jarred one but I hate giving her that too regularly - any ideas on how to make it - I have no idea!

Yay Tess. Best news ever. I was reading your post Dan and ended up blubbering, not just crying. DH was just staring at me wondering what the hell was going on!!

Dan - Livvy is such a tiny girl isn't she. Still, and no offence her to the gorgeous boofs of our group, having a little one myself I do love the littlies. A friend of mine's 18 month old only weighs 9kgs - needless to say, that weight graph doesn't work for her!! Sorry Livvy's been unsettled the last few nights. I think it probably is something else like the heat or teething, but maybe compounded a little by her mummy not always being there. Iz had a couple of nights last week (week before?) where she just screamed - no new teeth, no temperature, just endless screaming. And of course, she's now at the stage where if something's wrong she wants her mummy, not her daddy!!!

Tan - my MCHN said cow's milk is ok for "normal" babies at this stage, just not my Iz cos of her lactose intolerance. I would probably try it but maybe do a half/half with water to start and see how her little tummy goes.

Sorry everyone - will catch up later with personals. Heading off for a walk with DH and Iz - going to check out the new cafe down at the local fresh provision market. If you never hear from me again its because I'm still there working my way through the little cakes and fudges!!

The milk issue is a tricky one. I can't give it to Livvy because of her excemza I have to be really careful introducing dairy foods but it really depends on the babe. Give it a try, wait a few days to see if she has any reaction and if all is ok go for it.

Tan I haven't given DD cows milk yet but like the other said maybe try a little bit and see what happens? I gave DD weetbix with a bit of formula and she just spat it all out! I've just started trying oats, I just bought the quick oats and made some up with formula. She seems to like it better than weetbix and this morning ate the whole lot with a bit of banana mixed into it woo hoo!

OOoohh Lulu enjoy the cakes, I'm jealous........

OMG DD is being a grizzle guts tonight, don't know what's wrong with her but she won't stop crying and of course only wants me. Gotta go...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast