Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #11

Lis - do you cook the quick oats in any way, or just mix them up with formula and the fruit? I'm trying desperately to find something for Iz that she will eat for breakfast that isn't the jars of fruit and muesli - which she loves, but they're so sweet I'm worried I'm causing difficulties for myself down the track.

Lulu- Im having the same issues too with breakfast. She eats like a starved child in the morning, shoudl see it - hilarious, but I dont want to give her a jar each day even though she loves it. Ive been giving her the Apple Oatmeal, Oatmeal with sultana and fig, or the APricot delight and she eats the whole jar - plus I put fruit in with it. All that followed by a bit of toast that I started yesterday. I'd like to do oats or muesli with fruit but have no idea how to go about it. Dumb question but do you have to puree the muesli??!!!

hey Tan i gave Bella her 1st lot of weet bix 2day and i gave it 2 her with boiled water, i think cows milk starts later.............she's fussy but loved it, even if u add some cooked apple or something.

We give Ethyn the rafferty's porridge with banana and he loves it.

I've heard heaps of great things about Rafferty's porridge. I can't wait for Livvy to be a bit older so I can give her some. We can only get the 10 months plus stuff here. Stupid country towns!! Where do you buy Ethyn's from Lee??
    For brekky Livvy has farex with different fruits mixed in each day followed by toast fingers. I give her weetbix every now and then but she isn't overly keen on it.

Lee, do you mix the rafferty's with formula???

I am just so lazy and couldn't be bothered expressing to mix Angus' cereal. I used cow's milk and water this morning and he liked it, so as long as the milk sits ok I might just use that.

I feel like sh%t today, have caught the kids throat/head cold thing and think I might try and sneak back to bed. Angus finally slept a bit better last night, but still fed him ?3 times I think!!

I get the raffertys from our local woolies. I think I have seen it at coles, but not 100% sure.
    Dan - if they can get the other raffertys stuff, they should be able to get the cereal range in. We took the food pouches away at Chrissie time, he just loved them!!
    Shelle - I just mix it with cool boiled water, it says on the back to start with 4 tablespoon of cereal and add 120-160mls of water, I don't know how much I add, I just add it til I get the right consistency. Hope you are feeling better soon
    Ethyn has a bit of a cold at the moment, took him to the docs yesterday and they have given him some amoxyl, not sure on how sick they have to be before they are not allowed to go to child care.

hey shellbelle: sorry 2 hear ur sick, get as much sleep as possible. Bella has been waking up also, screaming like someone is killing her, its horrible. Can bubs get bad dreams? It must b the hot weather we've had thats been knocking her around.
    Also I give Bella the Hainz baby porriage it must b the same thing as the rafferty's as it also comes in Banana flavour, She had the mango and apple flavour 2day. I feed her a full breast feed then a bowl of that or weetbix with cooled boiled water and she loves it!

Lulu I just cook the oats in a bit of water on the stove so that they are a bit mushy and then add fruit/formula. Elena prefers this to weet bix. We also have yoghurt either by itself or mixed with fruit. I tried toast but she doesn't seem to eat much of it, mostly ends up all mushy and all over the high chair and floor! I find that the baby cereals clog her up as they have added iron so I have to avoid them unfortunately.

Shell hope you feel better soon, its awful when everybody in the house gets the same thing one after the other! Time for the kids to look after you lol!

Kass we have also had issues with bubs waking up screaming, wonder if they are having some bad dreams??

Lee hope Ethyn gets better soon, I hate it when they are sick

Well Elena has just gone down for her nap so I'm going to go and give my fridge a good clean out (party animal that I am lol!). Have a lovely Sunday arvo....

I forgot guys and only remember this morning cause I gave it to Livvy this morning. She absolutely loves crumpets. Much easier for them to eat than toast.

I LOVE Raffertys. It's the only commercial baby food I give to Mia - I adore it. Expensive, but the 4+ plus ones have absolutely nothing in them but vegies and fruit - not even added water!! BRILLIANT!

I give Mia porridge with full cream cow's milk and a cube of apple and banana every morning - she gobbles it down, and loves it.

I still am having no luck with finger foods though - she loves chewing on her rusk, but has no idea what to do when a piece breaks off in her mouth... same with toast!! I might try crumpets maybe?

I found the Raffertys cereal stuff at Safeway near my mums place! Our coles only stocks the lumpy stuff and sometimes the pureed stuff and thats it. She had the banana porridge this morning with a soft pear mooshed in and it was a hit! Kristen I have the same trouble with toast - it goes EVERYWHERE but her mouth - rusks are a hit though!

OMG!! My girlfriend who got married on Izzy's birthday had her baby this morning!!! Remember the one I was meant to be bridesmaid for !! Whooohoooooo!! A girl called Haydn and she is 8lb! Cant wait to go in and have cuddles! Her and Iz are gonna be almost like twins!!! Im so ridiculously excited for her!!! Im about to jump on the tram to Camberwell because I dont have the car and want to get her a nice gift - and all I have within walking distance is Kmart!!! First time on a tram - should be interesting!!
    Have a great day all - will catch up properly soon!

Tan iz will love the tram even though i hate taking the bus and havent done so since i got my licence i want 2 just 4 Bella as i think she'd love it, all the ppl and something so different 2 what she's use 2. Tell ur GF congrats,I wonder if we'll b speaking 2 her on BellyBelly soon? Have fun!

AW, gorgeous Tan!!

MELBOURNE GIRLS - I am having a MCN demo/info day at my place on Sunday. I will be showing a lot of the Darlings Downunder range and you can look/touch/ask/buy or come and have a sticky beak if you want.

If you're interested, let me know and I will PM you my address details!

xx

Damn Kristen I would love to come to an MCN demo! Although I'm a cloth user, I only have a few different types, would be amazing to see a huge range! Have fun with it, are they looking for demonstrators in different states etc???? PM me if so

It's hot The damn air con is broken and it's like 80 something % humidity - yukkkkk! Although it's only 30 degrees, the himidity makes it so much worse!

Blake only woke once the last 3 nights running, hurrah! He took 2 steps to mum yesterday omg omg omg he is growing up so fast I want to cry!!! It's just over 3 months till Mason and Blake's 1st birthdays, can you believe it???!?

She is Ash!! Go to the DDU website and email Tania and she will pop you down on her list!!

You're welcome to come down from Brissie for the day, but I suspect not...

Ash thats so exciting that Blake took some steps 2 ur mum geezzz he really wants 2 get going doesn't he! Bella stood up 2day just holding on 2 her chair! Sorry 2 hear how hot it is we had some really hot days the other week, its just nice now. Blakes a good boy sleeping so well in that heat! I couldn't.

Ok ok. Now I'm confused. Some of you are talking about Raffertys cereal like its a dry thing that's in a box, but Kristen's description sounds like its mushy stuff in a jar?? Help!!!!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast