Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #12

Just having a quick browse, and wanted to send Dan some big hugs and please don't apologise for your post, you need to get these things out

Another one just dropping in quickly.....hope all the bubs have been letting mum have some sleep!

Sarah yay for coming 4th in poker, I am so crap at that. Um I just cook up vegies/fruit and freeze and then just mix in whatever combinations I choose. I also do some ready made meals like chicken or beef or pasta with vegies which are great for the days I work. Going to try and do more today.

Its finally raining here today, woo hoo. BBL!

Awww Michelle, leave the house and get some sleep. It is far more important to get some sleep. Can you get the girls to start helping out with washing?

Sangie, I might have to try cooking out A friend gave me zucchini so I may have to work out how to cook that and perhaps freeze it. I sure wont eat it

I think we have the other bottom tooth starting to come through. It is so hard to find out because Noah won't let me look even if I hang him upside down. I can only go by touch. It doesn't seem to bother him anymore. I had poker again last night, I came 6th without needing the turbo round to get me there. I have a friend from mums group coming around today and we are going to play as well. Well I better get Noahs rice cereal on the go and then some clean up before my friend arrives.

Big hugs to Dan and Michelle, I think you're both wonderful, beautiful, caring, loving women, mothers and wives - I hate that you doubt yourselves, I think you are spectacular.

Sarah-You go with your poker, heaps of my friends are really into it but it does my head in lol I'm more of a "fish" or "snap" kinda girl lol

No news from me except I've been hiding a biggie I'm seeing someone to be known as D, and have been for a couple of weeks. Vitals: 27, 22 month old daughter (lulu), owns his own home and business, generous, gorgeous man. I didn't want to say anything incase it fizzled after a few dates, but this looks like it will go somewhere!

OOOooooooooooooooo Ashlee!!! That is wonderful news!!! He sounds great!

Quick question here, I gave Noah vegimite on toast but I only have multigrain with the seeds, do you thinks its okay?

Hi everyone,
    I just want to say the biggest THANK YOU for all your supportive messages over the last few days . I can't express how much they meant to me and helped me get through. I am feeling much better and have just found out that I have got a job (3 days a week) after I finish studying and I found the house that we want to buy this morning so YAY!!!!
    Olivia is settling in brilliantly at childcare. Another YAY!!!! Everyone there loves her and think she's gorgeous (I could have told them that, LOL!!!) and she just plays and plays and plays until she's exhausted and sleeps beautifully there. It is such a relief I'm just so happy that she's happy.

Shell - I hear you on everything and I think you are doing an amazing job. I have no idea how you are working night shift with three kids. You are a super mum!!! How are you going with your breast feeding after returning to work? I think we are on our last legs. My supply is declining rapidly .

Ash - YAY on your new fella and a play mate for Blake. Got everything crossed it turns into something beautiful and wonderful.

Tan - How are going at work? Izzy enjoying playing at Nana's?

Sarah - I absolutely suck at poker! I have the worst ever poker face. I get so excited when I get something good that everyone knows and fold LOL!! How is your gorgeous little man going with his food?

Danni - You are so organised doing a fancy dress for Mason's birthday. He is going to look absolutely gorgeous as Thomas the tank engine. Have you had anymore good night sleeps?

Hi Sangie, Kass, Lee, Lulu and anyone I may else missed. Sorry for the quick one but I have to dash off and get ready for work.

Hope everyone is going really well.

Luv Dan.

hey sarah, yep multigrain is fine! he should love it, Mason does!

Ash, thats wonderful news. But I'm gunna kill you for not telling me! P.s You never called me back yesterday

Dan: I am so glad you are sounding much chirpier. No more good nights sleeps here unfortunately though.

I had an interview with the council yesterday for a job that is 2 days per week. They are paying $26 an hour and it went realllllllly well. So fingers crossed I get it as that is $300 per week! And child care is only going to cost me $26 a day so im getting a bit excited about getting out and doing something different.

Love to everyone xxx

Dan - Glad you are feeling better hun!! Yay on the job, yay on the house and yay on Livvy settling into childcare, thats one relief to know that they are happy at child care
    Good luck Mabello, fingers crossed you get what you want!!
    I would love to work part time, but at the moment financially its not possible
    Sarah - how's you and DP's relationship going? Its really a struggle our way alot of the time as well, so I completely understand whats happening.
    Well I must go, a big hi to everyone else, I am just about to finish work, have to take myself and Ethyn to the docs, going to a different one, not happy with my current doc.
    Have a good weekend

Hiya all!

Lee hope you like the new doc and that you guys are ok?

OMG Ash I am so happy for you, you really really deserve this hun! I hope he is a keeper and that it works out well for you. WOO HOO !!!!!

Danni good luck with that job, fingers and toes crossed for you! I just noticed you are TTC??? How exciting!

Dan glad you are feeling better and yay job, childcare and for the house! We have just started looking too and gosh I hope we find something soon cos I hate house hunting so much!

Gotta dash, hi to everyone else and hope you all have a great weekend. We are having my brother and future SIL over for dinner so better go finish making dinner I suppose.

Take care xx

Dan - Great to hear you are in brighter spirits. I think the important thing to remember is that we all have tough times but they don't last thank goodness.

Danni - Great news about the interview, I will cross my fingers and toes for you! Thanks for the info about the multi grain toast. I wasnt sure if it posed a bigger choking risk or allergies.

Lee - DP and I are doing okay, I had an issue that was bothering me with him and with a little dutch courage I brought it up and we had a big talk and everything is rosy again. Good luck with the Doc!!

Sangie - Have a great dinner tonight! I get KFC so with that a night off of cooking!!!

I had a look on the APL website for my ranking and I am 1400th in all of Oz!!! I guess that is from coming 4th on Tues and 6th last night. I hope I can climb further up the board with ease. I was surprised how good of a poker face I have. When I play online I grin like a cheshire cat whenever I get a good hand but playing in person I have a face made of stone. Its official I am poker mad and you won't hear the end of it from me

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Dan - glad to hear things are falling into place for you. Must be nice to have some good things happening after having such a dark patch.

Ash - woo hoo for you. Have a great time with this guy - remember, I'm living vicariously through your romance so make it good!!

Sarah - good on you for the poker. We were playing once a monh with a group of friends and it was such great fun. Very high stakes too - I think we each put in $10 each time!!

Danni - good luck with the job interview. I hope it works out for you.

Izzy has suddenly decided that she won't go to bed each night. She stands up in her cot and screams (and screams and screams). No tears, no distress - just plain p*ssed off that she's been put to bed. She can be sound asleep on one of us but the second she feels the mattress she starts. Its taking about 4 hours to get her to bed at the moment, or else we get her to bed easily but she wakes after an hour or two and that's when the nightmare starts. I've tried everything I can think of - I've even left her to scream for 10 minutes but when I did she got really distressed. DH has lost his patience with it so I'm having to deal with her on my own. Sooooooooo tired. Had a major melt down a few nights ago, telling DH that I still didn't want this poor new baby. I honestly don't know how I'm going to cope and with it getting closer and closer I'm starting to panic. Think I might have to check myself into the funny farm sometime soon!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend - could you eastern states ladies PLEASE send some cool weather over this way!!

Lulu - The poker I am playing is FREE!!! How is that for stakes. I hope things get better for you soon on the sleeping. I wish I had some pointers for you. Maybe I will after my stay at O'Connals sleep school in the beginning of March. You can have some of this cool weather we have here in the Wimmera, I don't want it at all. I plan on bypassing as much cool weather by heading back to Canada for most of the Oz winter. Get some rest this weekend eh? And tell that DH of yours to pick up some slack

Lulu - you must be exhausted. Can you try to get your DH to do even a little bit more so that you can have a rest? I find that sometimes even an hours rest makes the world of difference. You will find the energy for both of them. They will probably entertain themselves and exhaust each other out! That's what everyone keeps telling me about having another one. Hope you get some more sleep soon.

Dan - I'm glad to hear things are getting better. The job sounds great, congratulations

Ash - good on you. He sounds great!

Danni - the job sounds very promising, i hope you get it. It will be great to get out of the house.

Hi To everyone else. I'm not sure whether Julian is allergic to something, he seems to get a tummy ache sometimes. Well I think that might be it, i really have no idea. He throws his body back, screams and pulls his legs in. Any ideas? The other night he woke up a few times at night, did the same thing for an hour or so then went back to sleep. I can't figure it out. I'm thinking maybe the pasta I've been giving him might be too heavy. It's the size of a pin head but I usually give him 1-2 tablespoons with vegies and chicken.

I'm thinking of joining a gym to get rid of the rest of my kilos that are just hanging around. I'm sick of my muffin top! Though I get so exhausted when I do exercise that it doesn't seem worth it.

hoping everyone gets some more zzz's!

Oh man I have SO much to catch up on. Apologies in advance if my personals are dodgy and I miss anyone.

Jan ? It does sound like poor Julian might have some trapped wind or a tummy ache. Can you try exercising his legs for him and trying to work out the wind? Maybe eliminate the pasta and see if it is that. Good luck with the exercise too ? I know what you mean ? I desperately need to feel good about myself again because I lost all my baby weight but in the last month I have put on 2 kg ? which isn?t a lot but on my 5?1 body it is heaps I just don?t have the energy or time either though.

Sarah ? You go girl!!! Sounds like you have a knack for it ? good on you! We play occasionally with friends, and we all put in $25 for a big night and pay til there is one winner! Last time I played I was about 6 mths pregnant and I went all in quite early ? just so I could go to bed!! Hahaha!!  You must be excited about going back to Canada! Its coming up so fast!

Lulu ? I hear you on the sleeping at night ? we have HUGE issues right now, and DH here is pretty soft so in the end I get my booby out AGAIN and that?s what is causing all our trouble in the first place. Ive decided to be the b!tch though and Im not going to feed her between 7 and 5 anymore. Iz holds her and rocks and she will fall asleep but she will wake up the second her back touches the mattress? we are a bit at wits end here too. Don?t panic hun, you WILL be fine. If someone told me what it was like with one baby I would never have thought I could do it ? and look at how we are all going! Struggling at times but we are doing it!

Sangie ? could you please get El to come over her and remind Iz that she too used to sleep all night no worries!! Hope you had a nice night with your brother and SIL, and good luck house hunting too! We are going to have a look at a few places in Warranwood today ? will see how we go! I need to do a big cook up too ? last time I did one though she wouldn?t eat most of it so I got a bit disillusioned and have been giving her half veggies half store stuff this week just so she will eat something! Might try some new combos!

Lee- Hope you and Ethyn are ok and you found a good Dr to go to!

Danni ? I didn?t know we could start multigrain ? I thought the grains and seeds might be a choking hazard?! I love multigrain though so that would make it easier ? although I have to admit I have been slack with bread because all she does it tear it up and make a mess so Ive been giving her cruskits instead! Good luck on the job front hun! Sounds great! How is the house hunting going? Have you found anything??

Dan ? your post sounds a little happier! It makes it so much easier when they are happy with their carers! Hope you had a good shift at work. I think it will take some time to adjust to going back to work hun, Im only part time and am struggling and Izzy is definitely going through some transitional stuff too I think. Give it a few weeks and we will be old hands at it!

Ash ? woooooohooooooo!!! He sounds LOVELY hun, good on you! Hope Blakey is doing super dooper well!

Kass ? sounds like you and Bella are having fun at play gym and playgroup! Hope you are both really well!

Shell ? Your arrangement at work sounds fabulous hun. That is really great that you have that flexibility! Don?t you hate money- ugh. Happy Wedding Anniversary too!! Yay! How many years have you been married? Im not taking anything either and Ive been telling Al that we really need to be careful even though I still haven?t had AF yet. Anyway hope you are all well!!

Jen ? How is Mackenzie sleeping!?? Is she still going through the night?? Izzy doesn?t really gag anymore but she will refuse something she doesn?t like. Its funny because we think she?s full but if we try yoghurt she will eat the lot!!

Kristen ? you busy mummy! Hope Mia is going well! How is work ? or shouldn?t I ask seeing as you are not on here very often so Im assuming flat out!! Hope you are really well!!

to all you gorgeous mums and bubs I have left off!

Well now for us. Where do I start ? I might summarise!

? Work is great ? I LOVE being back and teaching, lovely grade and its been easier than I thought BUT
    ? Nights are [email protected] ? Izzy obviously is still trying to catch up on mummy time when she can ? but Im so goddamn tired I get so frustrated and just want to sleep
    ? Im sad because Im borderline stopping breastfeeding ? simply because its so ANNOYING?.. I know that sounds awful but OMG she just will not sit still and feed, she has to pull on my nipples (one of which hasn?t healed from her teeth that have grazed it) push on my breast really hard with her hand, or she will pinch the skin on it while feeding, she will kick, scratch my breast with her little pin needle fingers with the hand underneath. All of this is mainly at night and during the day I cope ok but at night when Ive had 2 hours sleep ? its almost unbearable. She also wont fall asleep unless she?s feeding, problem is ? after 2 hours, she?s not hungry so will just kind of suck/play with my nipple instead of feed and that is terrible annoying as well at 3am when you just want to get some sleep. I feel like a b!tch but I told Al today that I think we should stop all feeds from 7 -5. I think it will be a week of hell but at least she will get the idea that she gets booby, 4 ? 5 times during the day and that?s it. I really want to make it to 12 mths but if all this keeps up I wont make it to Monday Last night it was 4 wake ups but at 230 it took 4 feeds (if you can call them that) Over a 2 hour period to settle her.

Other than being a demon at night ? she?s an utter angel during the day! 2 long naps every day with a peep, and when she?s awake she?s bright, happy and loving exploring the house by crawling or cruising furniture! Since she?s been at mums ? who has one of those walkers ? Ive noticed she is defiantly taking more steps- great! Not even 9 mths yet!
    Anyway we are off house hunting ( a bit of prelim research ? not ready to sell just yet!) and then to check out my sisters new shop in Greensborough ? they have a Safety Wear shop! Enjoy your weekend my lovelies!

ETA - I wrote this in Word- apologies for the ?? all my - turn to ? and I cant be bothered fixing them :P

Hi Just a quickie from me! I can't compete with that mammoth post Tan!!

OK, I rmembered someone asked me about BF and work - sure it was you Dan, well so far so good. I express twice at work and get about 300mls. Then we bf as normal during the day. My only prob is the same as yours Tan, Angus is just a PITA to feed! He bites, scratches and pulls, and the worst thing is now he likes to try and poke my face. I say NO and uh-uh, and he laughs. So I gave his hand a little tap last night, and he screamed the house down and then wouldn't bf aarghh!! So even though I really want to keep going, I BF DD1 and 2 for 19mths and 17mths, if he keeps it up I am going to put him on the bottle and he can bite it as much as he wants.

Tan - we have been married 3 yrs, we brought our house etc and got married in 05, we eloped to Daydream Is and just got married with close family and friends who wanted to come along!! It was more for a holiday as well for us!! So yeah, 3 looong yrs!! And let me say that I know all too well about the strains that kids have on a relationship, we have had some very tough times lately, it just doesnt get any easier.

Anyway lovelies, I have to try and clean up a bit, am spose to be getting visitors later, and my lovely DH has decided he would go fishing and leave me to do it all the a-hole. I get so frustrated sometimes, glad I can have a bit of a vent in here!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

After another night of Julian's screaming I question whether I was made to be a mum. I know that sounds terrible. I just don't know how much longer I can take it. I think it is teething. I hate seeing him in pain and the screaming for hours really wears me down. Sorry to be a downer but I have to get it off my chest. Sometimes I just feel like running out the door when Pat gets home. I just don't see how things will ever improve.

Jan - maybe its a gluten reaction to the pasta and its upsetting his little tummy? It could be wind like Tan said, but what you've described is a lot like what Izzy went through early on. Maybe see what happens if you skip pasta for a while, and then reintroduce it. I've had to stick to wholemeal pasta with Iz because of her gluten issues and so far so good. I do notice though on the rare occasions I give her jar stuff she gets a bit grizzly if its had pasta, rice etc in it. Its so hard when they're obviously distressed, rather than just grumpy isn't it. I think we all question our suitability as a mum, and I'm sure it won't stop for the rest of our childrens' lives. I'm sure you're a great mum - its just hard for you to see it sometimes when everything gets a bit much. Not that it helps, but I'm definitely sharing your feelings at the moment. Joining a gym sounds great - time just for you, rather than Julian's mum or Pat's wife.

Tan - glad to hear the work is going well but major bummer that your Iz is being a monster like mine (do you think its the name?!?!) I'm really sorry you're considering giving up boobie juice because I know how important it is to you to keep it going. Having said that, and I'm not suggesting for a second the right thing is dropping it and putting Iz on formula, I can't say enough about how much my life improved when I stopped fighting all the problems and switched Izzy to formula. Completely different situation I know, but nothing is more important than your happiness - if you're not happy, Iz can't be either.

Michelle - you sound a bit like us - DH and I got engaged and sold our houses in 2005 and bought an old crappy one together which we demolished and started building end of that year. Got married and pregnant in 2006, Iz born 2007, Ned born 2008. I've told him we're not doing ANYTHING in 2009!! I wanted to elope too - we had our honeymoon on the most fabulous little island in Fiji and I wanted to get married there but finally gave in to guilt about family, especially oldies, missing out. Glad I did too - my wedding day was such a fabulous day. Kids are a serious strain though aren't they, however solid your relationship is. I find it hard to get time (and energy) for just the two of us too, which I know isn't good.

Sarah - that's brilliant you don't have to pay anything for the poker. I've always wondered if I did anything like that seriously if I'd develop a gambling problem - these things can be so addictive!

Iz was much better last night and she has been brilliant today. Poor little poppet has just had a tooth come through up the top and there are 4 more that I can see about to break through too. Hopefully they won't cause her too much more trouble and the improved sleeping can continue - for all of us!!

Jan I'm sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment - I hope Julian settles down for you soon hun. Being a mum can be so up and down can't it, can you get somebody to help you out even for just a little while so you can get a break? Sending you some cyber hugs and fingers crossed that Julian behaves himself tonight.

Michelle don't ya hate it when DH goes out when you have a zillion things to do plus have visitors come over? Ggggrrr they just don't get it sometimes do they? Ouch at Angus biting you, makes my eyes water just thinking about it.

Sarah yay that you are doing so well at poker! Like Ash I am more of a snap kind of girl lol, seems to be all I can handle!

Tan how did you go looking at houses today? We saw a couple as well but we were'nt too impressed with them. Oh well we aren't in a hurry and we haven't got ours on the market yet. I think you are superwoman dealing with a grumpy Iz at night time and then going to work. Ok I'll tell El to talk to Iz and tell her to 'behave at night time please missy'!

Lulu yay that Iz was better last night, these teeth really knock them about don't they? I have heard that the top teeth usually cause more dramas for them than the bottom ones, correct me somebody if I'm wrong. Have you and DH decided on Ned's name yet?

I caught up with my mothers group yesterday for the first time this year and El had a ball. She is definitely miss social butterfly and was happily chatting away to the other bubs and then waiting for them to answer her, so funny to watch! I taught her how to 'high five' today too and she thinks its hilarious

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast