Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #13

i think our husbands need us to go on strike hey Ang!! My DH doesn't even help, even if I ask! No joke, but I did 6 loads of washing on Sunday and he never even helped watch Angus while I did it. I had to either get my eldest DD to keep him occupied or put him in the ergo carrier and have him out with me - not easy hanging out washing with 8+kg strapped to you. I am getting to the point where I might not do any housework and just let him see how much I do do. He thinks I sit at home on my ar*e all day....hmmmm.... Anyway, rant over for me too!!

Now where is Miss Ash, are you having too much fun with your new man and forgotten about us!!!!

Anyway, am going to have a browse around then try and do some thigs while Angus is asleep, fingers crossed he has a good one!! Oh, he woke 3 times last night, BF twice, so maaayyybbeeee things are improving!!!! Still no top teeth through yet though. Bye!

Well ladies i was in tears this morning I dont get it, Bella goes down at 8 sometimes later sometimes even a bit ealier then she'll sleep till anywhere between 12am-2am then wakes every half hr or 2hrs! By 4:30am she was up ready 4 the day but i got her down eventually (sp) at 5:30am then she woke at 7:30am and mum brought her in2 me. (mums staying with us while her floor boards r getting done at her house)
    Clints going "Go 2 sleep!" to Bella and Im like "Shut up ****head, u have 2 deal with it 4 about hr then u go 2 work."
    Agggrrrrr........
    She's getting better during the day so hopefully she gets better at night. Also she's easier 2 put down now then a stage she went through after teething.
    I dont no im at my wits end!
    Mum always tells me off 4 getting frustrated, which ****s me coz thats all i let out, i never admit when im having trouble, i feel like a bad mummy. Then mum makes me feel worse when i get frustrated.
    Im going around in circles
    Clint hasn't been paid for 3wks!!! Hopefully he is 2day, so thats even more stress that i dont need. I can c myself going 2 crash.
    Sorry 4 the long post.

Awwww :hugs: Kass - I hope Bella settles for you soon hun - check out the sleep schools in your area too hun -they might be able to help. There should be some like in Vic that are covered by Medicare.

Oh Kass

As per my previous post my Dh is not very helpful/supportive either. He doesn't get up during the night, and then yells at me when I yell and get cranky. It is frustrating, you are not a bad mummy, we just do what we do to cope. I always think of myself like a ticking bomb, cause I don't usually go off, but it slowly builds up and i EXPLODE!!!! But, it gets to a stage when the yelling does make you feel better!!! The lack of sleep is such a big killer hey. I can't even sleep during the day when Angus does cause DD2 is only at kindy Mon and Fri, so I still have her to deal with, and she doesn't have a day sleep anymore. So, my advice to you is rest during the day! Leave the housework, and when Bella is asleep - YOU SLEEP TOO!!!! Fingers crossed you get paid also, cause money is the number one reason why DH and I argue!! Am a ctually going down to the bank later to set up a bill paying account so I don't have to do it!!

Tae care

Kass you are not a bad mummy, just a sleep deprived one. Yep leave the housework and sleep when Bella does hun, you will feel so much better. Men are hopeless aren't they, I think that they just don't get it. Maybe you could leave Bella for a few hours with somebody and get some time out, I always find that I feel so much better even if its only for an hour or so. Take care.....

Shell I hear you loud and clear. Last weekend I did a zillion loads of washing, ironing, folding, vacuuming and stocking up the freezer with food for El and what did DH do? Yep watched movies nearly all bloody weekend because he was tired! Then he has the guts to want to DTD on Sunday night when I was absolutely exhausted already and having to get up at 6am for work! Well I'm over it and doesn't he know about it. Yikes didn't mean to have another vent, lol I'm on my high horse today.

Yeah where is Miss Ash, she's in luuurrrrvvvveee I hope and far too busy for us!

Thanx guys 4 all ur words of wisdom. She has done her sleeps 2day so thats made me feel better, ill let u no how she goes with 2night
    I did my pg and i got a of course secretly sad but no that it's not the right time yet. But now its got me thinking how exciting it's going 2 b when/ if it happens! Can someone else get pg so i can live the excitment through them
    thanx again ladies 2 all!

sorry kass, I have no advice for you darling.

I am finally in to see the childrens hopsital on friday! thank god they had a cancellation. Mason will be seen over PROPERLY by a Pead for an hour. I am so glad. Then they promise me they will teach me things that the sleep school didn't show me. So I am really hoping that I can implement something that will work.

At the moment, he will sleep no longer than 15 mins unless he is in the car. So every nap time, I need to drive around the block repeatedly until he is asleep, and then leave the car RUNNING in the drive way with the air con on. Its costing us so much in fuel and the mechanic said its not good to leave the car idling either

I am now a permament resident of the couch,. it seems to be working best. Mason sleeps with DH in our bed. He still wakes several times a night, but not every 5 mins which is what he does if he is in his own bed.

Sorry this is a mammoth post.

I spoke to ash today, she is good but yes she is in love! too much in love to be worrying about us

xxxx

D, I really hope you have some luck on Friday. They are great at the RCH, I'm sure they'll be helpful. Good luck hun

Big hello to everyone else!

Good luck Danni at RCH - hopefully this will be a new start for you all.

Kass I was wondering if you'd be secretly sad if you got a bfn. But you are such a spring chicken and you have heaps of time to make lots of additions to your family!

I also had contact with Ash, she sent me this txt:

'Hey! I'm reading BB but cant reply as I'm logging in on my phone. I am completely in love living with Dave. Quick I know but so right for both of us. Blake is taking a few steps at a time now so he will be off and racing soon, his sleep is terrible and everything else like eating, changing him etc are hell! Please pass on to all the girls and a super congrats to tan! Hugs kisses and love to all'

Had to share, its so cute! Ash I'm so happy things are working out with Dave, he sounds great. Hope you can manage to get online at some stage soon!

Hello everyone else! Have a nice day!

Hi girls,
    Super quick one here (yes I know again, LOL).

Kass - Hope Bella gets better and sleeps for you real soon.

Danni - Got everything crossed that RCH can help you with getting your gorgeous little man to sleep for you.

Tan- Are you hoping for a VBAC with this bubba?

Sangie - Thanks for the update on Ash.

Ash - Dave sounds fantastic and so happy that you guys are in love. Dave's are wonderful men (biased I know, LOL!). Good to hear that Blake is well. He is going to be off and running in no time at all.

Shell - Aren't these husband's of ours frustrating. You are doing a great job and I can't believe how you do it with three kids. I am struggling with one. You really are a supermum!!

A massive hello to everyone of us who I have missed yet again. I am so hopeless.

We are all going well here. Thankfully Olivia is starting to sleep through on the occassional night again. Hopefully it is the start of her getting back to her good sleeping habits of old. Some exciting news here. Olivia finally said her first word this morning. Surprise, surprise it was "DAD". It's so cute she is crawling/walking around furniture saying dad dad dad dad thinking she is so clever.

Anyway better dash and get us all ready for our day.
    Last edited by Liviam; February 28th, 2008 at 08:02 AM.

Awwww Ash - new love!! Congrats honey and enjoy - you deserve to be happy!

D - I really hope they can help you out on Friday babe, and you can feel like you are making some headway with Mason. You must be absolutely exhausted you poor love. :hugs:

Kass - :hugs: Sorry to hear about your BFN babe, must be hard if you really want it to happen and I know its glib but it will happen when the time is right honey.

to everyone!!

Im scared to post in case it all turns to pot but in the last few weeks we have made a little headway with sleeping at night. Ive cut all night feeds from 7-6, and we have both been getting up to settle her. Ive also cut her breastfeeds during the day, Ive felt like my milk just wasnt enough for her, maybe its changed taste with the pregnancy, plus I havent been able to express when Im at work so my supply definately dropped - anyway she now has 2 formula bottles a day (yes shes taking a BOTTLE!!! Shock horror!) and she absoluely loves it! She gets all grizzly and excited when she sees me get the bottle out, thats before I even make up the milk - once the milks in then its on for young and old!
    I also at times give her about 100 mLs at night to top her up if Ive fed her and shes still grizzly before she goes to bed and she scoffs it in about 2 mins! Funny how you feel you have to justify it though to people - feels a bit strange but with being pg and her not putting on weight we felt it was the best thing for her.

So a combination of all this and some nights of hell - listening to her cry while we sat there patting her and saying ssshhhh for hours at a time, and now she will generally go from 7 until 5, 6 or 7! Yay! Touch wood but we are a bit excited and boy do I need the rest after 6 mths of constant night feeds and waking.

She has also started a tiny bit of chattering with her tongue out and making weird noises - thank goodness, Ive been a bit worried after my CHN appointment.

So anyway Id better get ready for work at 1130- have a great day and apologies for the mammoth selfish post today! I just had to share!

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA lately. We're having massive family problems at the moment and its taking over life completely.

Glad to hear life is going so well for some (Tan, Ash, Dan, Lis) but sorry to hear others having problems (Danni, Kass, Michelle).

Izzy is taking a step or two on her own and standing on her own so I don't think it will be long before she's really off and racing. Fortunately she's back to sleeping through the night - probably taking pity on her poor stressed mummy. Ned is kicking up a storm and everything with her is going well.

Hope to get back on soon to catch up properly

Lulu sorry to hear that you guys are having some family issues, I hope its nothing too serious and can be sorted out soon. Yay for Izzy's first steps!

Tan how fabulous that miss Iz is sleeping better for you! FIngers crossed that it continues. Maybe she knows that mummy is cooking a baby brother or sister and needs her rest lol! Now that she has started chatting, watch out as soon she won't stop!! El talks all day every day non-stop lol! Hhhhmmm I wonder where she gets that from lol!!!!!

Dan great to hear that you guys are doing well, how gorgeous that Livvy is saying 'dad'. They all say 'dad' first, I think its quite rude actually!!!

We are doing well. El is sleeping like a champ at the moment having 2 naps during the day and then 11-12 hours a night. Also she just doesn't stop talking!! She has added a few more words to her vocabulary - dog, duck and car. At the supermarket today she was saying 'dog' at the top of her lungs and I was saying to her 'Ellie there are no dogs here, what are you on about?'. But sure enough there was a guide dog and she spotted it before I did. Clever chickie made me laugh so much.

I'm heading to bed, hello to everyone else, hope you are all well. Have a nice weekend, weather is going to be nice here woo hoo!

Has been quiet in here lately!! Everyone has been busy with their littlies!! I went to work last night and came home this morning to a sick little boy He has a snotty nose and is a bit miserable, but on the up side he slept all night for DH!! What's up with that!! I am thinking it is the formula filling him up more than breastmilk maybe. Who knows, maybe he knows when I am there so uses me to go back to sleep. Anyway, I think he is going to be up all night cause he is having probs feeding and sucking his dummy cause of his blocked nose!! Anyway, nighty night!!!

Sorry for selfish post!!! Am so tired, only slept 2 hrs this morning after 12hr night shift so am a bit off with the fairies!! Will check back in tomorrow!! Ciao!
    Last edited by Shellbelle; March 2nd, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

Ok so i now know y annabelle wasn't sleeping, she has a cold and dribbling a lot so another tooth ot teeth r on there way!!!
    Last night she only woke twice so i got some much needed sleep, then this morning she came in2 bed with me at 7:30am and we slept till 10:00am!!!

Shell sorry 2 here ur lil man is sick maybe he is getting teeth???

Tan how good of iz 2 b letting her mummy sleep!

Ash congrats on the lovin!

Lulu i hope everything works out with ur family this stuff happens sometimes. But how exciting 4 izzy 2 b getting around!!! She sounds like she is her own lil woman like Bella haha

Dannii good luck with sleep school it works

Nurse Dan yay 4 olive dading around (hope u dont mind me calling her olive thats what i call my lil cousin who is also olivia)

No doubt iv missed someone but ill bbl 2 catch up, have a great day mummies!

It is really quiet in here! Where is everyone!
    Sarah is at sleep school- good luck honey bunny!!!

Shell - poor little Angus - you are really having a rough time at the moment aren't you :hugs: I hope you all get some relief soon.

Kass - Poor Bela - its so hard when they are miserable isn't it - I hope she is better now that her teeth are through!

Sangie - yay for El and her chattering!! So cute!! Im just glad Iz is making noise at all - there is no distinguishing what she is saying though!!!

everyone - sorry for the lack of personals - slack I know but there is housework to be done!!

I'm doing ok but I tell you what this morning sickness better get lost soon coz it really sucks! I forgot how gross it was to feel sick all the time and gag at everything vaguely yuck.

Righteo - summer is back for a few days so Im off to bring in 2 loads of washing and put the next 2 out while Izzy is napping! Have a great day all!

I'm here!!!!!

I've changed my work days to Tue/Wed so now have Mon free! But they have asked me to work an extra day and I first said 'no way' but then they gave me the option of doing the extra day from home. So I have said I will give it a go and I'm planning to do the extra work when Ellie is sleeping. Fingers crossed it will work out ok as the extra days pay every week would be great.

Tan I hope that yucky ms stops very soon, you poor thing I can't imagine how hard it would be when you also have a little one to take care of. Make sure you rest when Iz does ok?? Did you end up deciding on a hospital?

Shell I hope Angus isn't getting a cold

Kass good to know that there is a reason why Bella hasn't been sleeping, hopefully it will all be over soon and those teeth will pop through.

Ok gotta go catch up on some housework this afternoon, have work the next 2 days so nothing will get done then. See ya's

Lis - I hope the working from home works out for you. Its been a disaster for me, but that's because Iz decided that she will only sleep for 40 minutes at a time during the day. DH has taken her to his folks now so I can finally do some work - and I'm on BB - oops!

Tan - so sorry you've got MS. I know exactly how you feel so huge hugs and sympathy. I hope it eases up soon for you.

Michelle - your poor little man. Hopefully it will ease up soon - maybe he needs lots of mummy cuddles while mummy catches up on some sleep for herself!

Kass - sorry Bella's not been sleeping too well. Damn teeth. Maybe last night's better sleep was a sign of things to come.

Nothing really going on with us. My folks have just bought a house (yesterday) so they can move back up to Perth to be closer to us. All they need to do now is sell their house in the country - hopefully that won't take too long. Family stuff still a nightmare and unfortunately I think always will be. Still, beyond my control so trying not to worry about it too much.

Best news is that Iz is going to sleep a lot better at night at the moment (hope I'm not jinxing this). She was only going down if she was already dead asleep on DH or me. Started putting her in her cot awake and lying on the floor with my hand in the cot. Done it for a week now and she's sound asleep with almost no fuss at all within 20 minutes by 8.30 pm. Such a nice change to what its been lately.

Anyway, really better go and do some of that work I should be doing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast