Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #13

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm at my sister's having a sleep over so I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was going!

Sounds like usual - the boys being naughty and the girls being good for the most part, so very jealous lol!

This will be a pretty selfish post, I'll just fill you in on how things are with us.

Blake is pretty much considered walking - He gets lazy and crawls sometimes and still falls on his butt on the odd occasion, but he walks to me, accross the room etc all the time! It's quite insane, he tries to run but his little legs aren't doing what his head wants just yet!!! His sleep is all over the place, he will sleep through or with one wake up one night, then up over 6 times the next, and our routine is exactly the same every night. Eating is a nightmare-he will only eat standing up and dancing around the dining table, never in a highchair. He screams and wriggles every nappy change or clothes change too, who knows why this is??? He bites and pulls hair too, thinking this may be an attention thing when I'm watching Lulu and him together.

Dave and I are going swimmingly! The L word has been dropped already and we're completely smitten. Between the 2 kids we don't get much rest or down/alone time, but when we do we make the most of it lol We're slowly getting the kids used to each other - Lulu is very much a daddy's girl and can get super jealous and possessive at a drop of a hat-but I'm firm and will not let her hit/push me or Blake - it's not on, and Dave is fine with that. If Blake is doing something he shouldn't be and I'm not around, he'll step in too. We're not trying to be the other kid's "new" parent, but we're just trying to breed consistency for both of them if that makes any sense whatsoever.

Scott has moved on, and is seeing a supposed mututal friend lol It's such a stuff around, long story short is that she is one of Scott's good friend's ex...now they're living together and she has a 2 year old son herself, so they're happy families too. I'm happy he's moved on, but it was kept from me for a month, whereas Scott met Dave the day we made it official. I just felt betrayed by the friend and so mad that my son was somewhere to where I thought he was!!!

Ok this post is massive, I need sleep!

Hope to catch up more soon,

Ash and Blake xoxo

well hello there Miss.Ashlee and Mr. Blake how nice of u 2 drop in
    It's great 2 hear everything is going good 4 u and ur 2 men! I think we can all 4give u 4 having a life.
    Just dont 4get us, yeah?

theres a new album of bella in the gallery!

Oh Ash, good to hear from you and glad to hear you are so happy!!! You deserve it, I hope it all goes smoothly for you!!!! But you have to try and update in here more often and not leave us hanging hehe!!!

Kass, bella is so cute, the last photos are gorgeous!!!!

Well, we have had an interesting day. Took Angus to the Dr cause he has pretty much had diarhoea on and off for the last month. They want to do some poo tests, so had to scrape some out his nappy - gross!!!! They think it could be giardia, but anyway, should hopefully know in 3-5 days.

I had him weighed yesterday and he has dropped down to the 25th percentile on his wt so they are a bit concerned all the poos etc might be affecting him. He is 8.3kg, so has gone from a big boof to a slim little man. He also has a runny nose now to add to the dramas!!! He finally popped through a top tooth also, so has been a sad bubba!!

Anyway, what a huge selfish post, have to go feed the boy to see if he will have a nap!

hugs xx

l i hope he gets better reallt soon!
    If u had of decribed runny poos and runny nose anyone would have said "teething!"
    But it's good u took him 2 the docs. Now can u plz explain the thing they think it is? im a lil behind

OK, Kass FYI - this is some info I found!!! It is quite common in Nth QLD, especially with all the rain and flooding as of late!!

Giardia infection causes a disease called giardiasis. Giardiasis is marked by abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Other symptoms include nausea, vomiting, weight loss, fatigue, bloating, and flatulence. Symptoms typically last about two to six weeks
    Giardia is typically ingested by accident. This often happens when an individual places something in his or her mouth that has come into contact with the fecal matter of an animal or human infected with the parasite.
    Water is another frequent route of giardia infection. The parasite may be found in swimming pools, hot tubs, streams, ponds, rivers, and lakes that have been contaminated with feces or sewage.

So there you go. Need to take some more poo in tomorrow, then hopefully have some answers!!

WOW! never even heard of it!
    Anybody can get if then, poor lil man. Hope he gets better soon and i hope the docs r wronge
    Kepp us posted

Yeah, I hope it is something else too, although if I just had an answer as to why he has constant diarhoea then that would be nice! Then we can try and resolve it. Anyway, just checking in to say to everyone. I am off to have a sleep while Angus is having one. Have to work tonight so need to sleep! Have sent DD over to my sisters for a play, so hopefully Angus will have a good sleep!!

Shell I hope little Angus gets sorted out soon, poor little guy. Lucky you collecting his poop lol

Hi Kass I'll check out Bella's new pics when I get a chance, how are you two going, is she sleeping better??

Yay Ash great to hear from you hun!!! Wow sounds like you will be chasing Blakey around soon, oh well at least it will keep you fit So glad that things are working out with Dave, how exciting!!!!

Gotta go, I'm supposed to be working but clearly I'm getting distracted
    Ellie is with my mum and sister today, it is my sisters 21st birthday today and they are all going out for lunch. Ellie will love it, wish I was going Oh well, really, really, really must do work now - if anyone sees me posting anymore today please cyber slap my butt. Thanks!

Oh ANg, it sux when you are at work and everyone else is going out for luncehs and stuff hey. I hate that!! So not fair, especially when your bubba is going too...

Hey Kass, I just realised that Angus and Bella's birthdays are only a day apart!! I thought he was pretty much the youngest in here.

Well, still to catch a poo today yet!! He has done a few little ones that are soaking in the nappy and I can't get enough!! Sorry - TMI!!!!! Hopefully he will do one soon so we can get it off to pathology!!

POO BOY, POO!!!

yeah they r only a day part! what was ur labour like?

My labour was fantastic I spose as far as labours go!!! I was induced, so had my waters broken and synto put up, contractions pretty much straight up, all this at about 8am, started pushing juist after 10am, and had him 20 mins later

So I was pretty lucky!! Had great ob too, he was very encouraging and I found the pushing so much easier than the girls. With them I pushed for over an hour. Angus was the biggest also, but juist seemed easier!! (pre-stretched I spose )

Shell - I really hope Angus doesn't have giardia. I got it a few years back when I was in Bali and oh so not nice. Bad enough for a grown up but not good for a little man. And yay for poo collecting. The things mums have to do. I still laugh when I think back to when I had to get a wee sample from Izzy.

Lis - I hope your princess enjoyed her lunch with the girls. Good to see she's starting young on all the important things!

Ash - yay for you girl. So pleased to hear you're having a lovely time. I told you before, I'm living vicariously through you so keep the mushy stuff coming please

Hi to everyone else.

I've just unwrapped some cloth nappies I ordered for Ned. OMG they are soooooo cute. Tiny little flannel things that are covered in giraffes. I just need her little newborn bottie to put in them now! I've been washing Izzy's old clothes and the few (well, maybe more than a few!) new ones I've bought for Ned this week. I knew I had heaps of things for Izzy but until I went through and sorted sizes etc I had forgotten just how much she had. I had in my head I needed to get Ned some long sleeved bodysuits because Iz hadn't had enough. Of course she hadn't - she only had 19 of the blo*dy things!!! Thank God my DH takes no notice of this sort of stuff or I'd have a LOT of explaining to do.

We're off to the doctor tomorrow. Bit worried that Izzy might have an ear infection (thanks to Lis making me feel guilty for blaming it all on teething!) She's been pulling her ears a lot and just overbalances for no reason all of a sudden so I think there might be something going on. Hopefully I'm an overreacting mummy but best to get these things checked I think.

hey lulu yes best get that lil woman of ur's checked!
    how exciting ur sooooo close, is ur new lil girls name Ned? Is that short 4 anything?

Ill do more personals 2moz i need sleep i've just finished making chicken vegie pies 4 playgroups disco party 2moz!
    I wasn't sure if the bubs could have pastry i no the big ones could i just didn't no at what age there allowed 2. So i made it out of wholemeal bread.
    What a mummy i am making pies 4 playgroup God if u had of told me id b doing that now about 2 yrs ago id say ur NUTS
    But couldn't b happier doing it.

Lol Lulu I didn't mean to inflict more mummy guilt - but i do hope that your little miss doesn't have an ear infection. Ha ha at having 19 bodysuits! Don't worry you aren't the only one - Ellie has so many clothes, it is so ridiculous. But they are soooooo cute and I just can't resist buying them! We will be set if we ever have another girl that's for sure, although knowing me I will probably want to buy her just a few new things too Ssshhh don't tell DH!

Shell praying that Angus does a nice big poop soon But also praying that it isn't giardia and that he is feeling better soon

Kass what a super dooper mummy you are hun! Oooohhh I'd love some chicken vegie pies, maybe you could send some down! Enjoy play group disco party - sounds like fun! Its always great to get together with other mums and bubs.

Well better go, I'm off to the supermarket shortly as we seriously have no food left in the house. Have a lovely day all!

That's what I thought Lis - I'll just buy a few things for Ned so she has some new things of her own. Between me and my mum, she has at least 2 dozen new things!!! Her wardrobe is double doored and it and her 4 drawers are CHOCKAS - and that's just 0000s and 000s!! I am so bad - no self control at all.

Kass - No, Ned is not her permanent name. Who knows what that will be - every time I try to get DH talking about it he says "oh, its still months away". This kid will be nameless for days at this rate. We called Izzy "Ed" through pregnancy for a very long, sick and twisted reason. So, this pregnancy the baby is Ned for "Next Ed". If we were to have another one to try to get a boy (I think my DH will have to wait until I'm very, very drunk to get me to agree to that though), then that baby will be Ted (Third Ed). I'm a bit OCD, in case you hadn't noticed

I struggled to sleep last night - ended up getting out of bed and watching tv until 1am. Thank God Iz slept until 9.45 am so I could catch up. Off to the doctor soon - hopefully nothing but at the same time I sort of hope she does have an ear infection because it would explain why she's been the horribly grizzly little monster she's been over the last week. Obviously I don't really want her to be in pain, but it would be nice to have a reason for this latest behaviour because its not pleasant.

LOL Lulu so would number 4 be 'FED'
    Good luck at the doctors, I totally understand why you hope there is a good reason for Iz being so unsettled.

Nah. No. 4 would be YHTBJEd (You have to be joking Ed). Not sure of the pronunciation for that one though and I'm sure I'd be happy to substitute the "joking" for something a tad stronger There is a woman in my belly buddies who is about to have her 7th child!!!! She's a braver woman than I am. I have no idea how I'm going to cope with 2, let alone 7.

Izzy's fine. Dr kept apologising that he couldn't tell me there was a problem until I finally managed to convince him that I actually was pleased there was nothing physically wrong with my daughter! Funny man. I'm guessing the grumpyness and clingyness is just another one of those phases we get to enjoy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast