Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #17

I would say she has croup Tan. My girls get like that especially when they get a cold. If it is bad they will give her some steroids and that should settle it.. Pop on the vaporizer at night for her, helps heaps. Good Luck babe, look after yourself.

Oh no Tan, poor Izzy! I hope she feels better soon and that you manage to get some rest today. It does sound like croup, my niece recently had it and her cough was like a bark

Hubba yay that your bleeding has stopped, hopefully this is the start of better health for you. Good on ya for sticking it up to your MIL!

Better go, judging by the smell around here there is a very dirty nappy that needs to be changed! Be back later!

Thanks girls... never had croup here so I have no idea.. Will take her to the Dr as soon as I can get in this morning. Are the symptoms runny nose, watery eyes etc too - like a cold??? Also how do they get a toddler to cough on cue!!? ALthough chances are she will cry at some stage and then you can hear her bark Poor poppet.

Just describe her cough like you did - like a bark, mine sound almost like a seal when they have croup!!! If she is anything like Angus, one look at the Dr and she will scream and cough!! He hates them!!!

Thanks girls - just got back, hesaid it doesn't sound like croup right now but her husky bark from last night has gone so i don't know coukd just be a bad cold... Off work tomorrow too, I feelsobadseeing as I only have a few days left. Off to sook for a bit coz I'm tired - back later!

Oh Tan don't feel bad - you can't help it if Izzy is sick and she is way more important than work! Sounds like you could do with the rest too hun, take care

I am off work with sick kids way more than I work. Thats how it goes for us Mum's unfortunately. DH would never take a day off to watch sick kids. Tan, run yourself a bath and have some downtime. few months and there won't be much time to rest! Hope Izzy is feeling better and has a better nights sleep. Mwah!

Oh tan u poor darling..what a night for u..I hope izzy gets better soon..I swear by my kids having the vaporiser on when we get the colds and barking here..I also find and it may b an old wives tale but a little vicks on there feet and put on socks..it works wonders..god bless nan for that one lol...and if my kiddies are really bad with the barking,I go and run a hot shower and take em in the bathroom and close the door.make sure u put a towel at bottom of door to help keep the steam in though..gets hot but helps so much to move any congestion..not good for saving water but honestly when it comes to our kids health,who cares..good luck babe and sweet dreams to u when u do get some sleep xo

Thanks ladies....Had a much better night last night, hubba_bubba thanks for the reminder about the vaporiser! Worked a treatlast night, she stirred a few times but slept through again so that was an absolute treat. I needed it. Mum is coming over for a few hours today to let me go shopping on my own so that will be nice! I need to get stuff for baby - 50 days to go! Im sooo disorganised! I was just looking at nursery pics I took when we were pg with Izzy and I had it all set up at around 24 weeks! Im now 33 and haven't done hardly anything except sort out clothes that have been given to me!

Right have a nice day everyone! Hope you and your little tykes are all well!

Glad to hear you had a better night Tan - aren't vaporisers great! Have fun shopping for baby things, don't worry I'm sure you will have everything organised before your little prince arrives.

I'm so over dealing with banks about our home loan, hopefully it will all be sorted today. Ggggrrrr I don't know who is worse - real estate agents or bank employees! Sorry if anybody works as one of those, just finding the whole process frustrating!!!!

Anyway have a lovely friday everybody, I'm off shopping too as miss Ellie has almost grown out of all her shoes. Oh well just have to go buy some more lol!

hey guys...hope izzy is feeling better tan

I have a day off today. And I am sitting here feeling sorry for myself. No idea why! I think I'm not gunna move off this couch all day and Im gunna enjoy it!!!

Good on you D - I did that the other day, left the house a mess and went and hung out with a GF all day! It was GREAT! Enjoy hun..

Hey all!

Quiet in here, hopefully you have all been busy having a great weekend!
    We had a quiet one which was sooooo nice! Ellie has had fun all weekend playing with her new mini basketball (just like Dad's lol!). She is obsessed with it! DH is getting her started early so she can play basketball in the olympics! Had to break it to him that genetics is not on her side and she is most likely going to be a shorty and therefore probably won't make the olympic team lol!

Hope you are all well, I'm off to get some sleep.

It IS sooo quiet in here Lis! Where is everyone!

Well Izzy is slowly recovering from her cold, poor thing, still very snotty. I am so sick of this cold weather, bring on summer I say. She is learning so much and so quickly it is just amazing! Climbing is our new thing, and we have had to re-baby proof the lounge room because she gets up on the couch and then runs on it How on earth will I keep this little tyke from breaking every bone in her body?? ANy suggestions appreciated! Someone said the other day that she needs to fall off to learn but far out - Im not going to sit there and watch her fall off a couch just to let her learn that!

I have a midwife appointment today, yay - I love hearing our little mans heartbeat, and Im meeting up with Kelly later this week to go through our birth plan - not long to go now - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading Toddler Tactics and it has a section about having a new baby and it made me cry. DH thinks that because she is still so young it won't be too bad but Im just so worried about splitting my time and getting enough sleep(its all about sleep isn't it ) On the other hand I just cannot wait to meet this little guy and completing our family!

It is DH's birthday today so I am going to cook a nice dinner, mum is coming over to sew sheets for our little guys cradle and nope the nursery is STILL not set up!! Busy weekend!
    Ok back later although nobody will have posted I bet!

Hi girls

Sorry about the selfish post, I hope someone is out there to post back

Annabelle has conjuncuvitus (omg really bad spelling!) and I just got off the phone to the 'nurse on call' she said by the sounds of it I have to go straight to the doctors and get her drops. The worst part is I have $0 money till tomorrow What a terrible mum I am, I cannont leave her till tomorrow, it's terrible I feel like ***** and like she deserves a better mummy with $$$
    So I thought of just going to the hossy and getting them to help as they'll give her, her 1st dose.

Please dont think, "Typical young mother" as this never happenes! If we're tight one week (most weeks) I always make sure there is at very least $20 in the bank in case Annabelle needs something. THis is the one week I didn't do it!

I'll post this in another bit of forum also, just incase non of the ladies here reply for a while. As I really have no idea what to do
    Last edited by Kazmar; August 18th, 2008 at 09:09 AM.

Oh no Kass, poor Annabelle. Um I'm not sure what to suggest. Is there anybody that you could borrow some money from (I know its not ideal?). Do you have a regular GP? Maybe you could ask them if they can see Annabelle and you will pay them as soon as you can? If you explain that she has conjunctivitis then I'm sure they will let you pay in a few days time? Good luck hun. Oh and we would never think 'typical young mum' ok, we all know you are a great mummy to your little girl!

Tan hope your DH has a great birthday. Good luck with your midwife appointment, let us know how it goes!

Ooopps gotta go, Ellie is chasing the dog again, better go save him! BBL!

Ok so all worked out
    It's not conjunctivitus It's just caused by her cold and blocks her tear ducks! Doctor said her doesn't want to give her mediction and that I can fix it with salone solution. Thank god! Im never doing that again!
    I didn't explain WHY I have know money till pay day. Clint hit the car door into the fence! And that cost us $550 to fix! So thats why Im a little short this week! Like $550 short!
    Thank you Sangie

Tan- How was your appointment? Happy birthday Tan Man!

D- How are things?

Hello to everyone else. I'll be back later to post more. Just going to have a nice cup of coffee (wish i smoked could use one right now )

Kass - I'm glad everything is sorted out and Annabelle doesn't have conjunctivitis..

Well I had my appointment, the midwife is pretty sure bub is breech. So I'm feeling pretty *****ty right now. I know there is time for him to turn but FFS it just sucks.... I am sooo determined to give this VBAC my best shot and I want to birth my babies not just have surgery to remove them Anyway might be back later in a better frame of mind ladies.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast