Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #17

Hope you had a fantastic birthday tan!!!

Danni - so sorry sweetie. Take care of yourself.

Tan - Happy birthday for yesterday. I hope you had a lovely day and were very spoilt.

Hi to everyone else. No time for personals - got 128 pages to go in my book and book club is Saturday. Praying for good girls today so I can get lots read!

Tan- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Dan- How is little Livvy?

Hi everyone!
    Gosh we are quiet in here! Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes! I had a great day! A girlfriend came over for lunch, I spent the whole day playing with my girl who must have known it was my birthday and kept giving me lovely cuddles and kisses, then friends over for dinner!
    I got some nice little gifts too - some Peter Alexander ugg boots, a necklace from Izzy and some matenrity lingerie from Al... Plus we went to see the Dark Knight on Thursday night! It was great - we loved it - so sad to see Heath!

Well not much else new from here - counting down til I go on mat leave - only 7 working days over 3 weeks to go - whoo hoo! I CAN'T wait! Im getting really tired because our little poppet who is a great sleeper really, has decided she doesn't want her morning bottle, and we used to give it to her at around 5-6 and she would go back to sleep til 8ish... now she is waking at around 615 every day - arrgghhhhhhh. Im just not used to it! I used to have to wake her up to go to work some days!

Only 9 weeks to go til we meet our little guy, so excited!
    Hope you are all well and staying warm this weekend! Talk soon! xox

Glad you had a great birthday Tan. Maybe Izzy is just getting you in training for when her little brother arrives? It has been such a shock to the system for me to no longer be able to go to bed each night knowing I won't have to get out until a decent time in the morning. How quickly I forgot the joys of nightfeeds!!

My Izzy is so out of sorts. Two molars (both upper jaw) popped out this morning but she has three more teeth (2 down, 1 up) trying to make an appearance. The poor little thing is about three seconds from tears all day long so its not all that pleasant. Not to mention the constant runny nose - although she is now an absolute expert at blowing snot bubbles! Otherwise, all trundling along ok here. Good hours and bad days, and looking forward to that balance changing soon. Had a lovely day though - this morning was book club (managed to finish my book in time!) and I left both the girls at home with DH. It was very, very nice being child free for a couple of hours. Then this afternoon we've been out looking in a couple of educational toy shops. So much great stuff. Will have to go back without the girls and/or with my mum so I can spend lots of money without DH being able to stop me!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Good morning ladies..I have been mia for some time now..motherhood is so hectic with a 4.5 yr old and 15 mth old as im sure most of u know anyway lol..I wanted to post last night but by the time I read other posts and caught up,I was exhausted...battling this horrible lergy going around doesn't help either..its so great to read up on others experiences and know we are all going through the same things..teething,well we have been lucky.brody popped up with top and bottom molar and we didn't even know,they didn't even bother him.touch wood its stays the same..funny thing is he is cross cutting so bad,he doesn't even have eye teeth yet,just 4 top and 4 bottom and top and bottom molar on left side..makes breast feeding so much fun..he won't give up his boobie for anything..do the rest of u bf mums cop flack for still feeding???im over everyones comments..if we r happy then what gives ppl the right 2 judge???bf is hard enough 2 start off with,so why can we b commended for the persistance???sorry im being so selfish here...got a lot of catching up lol...I hope u all have a great weekend and bubs r all being good..2 all of u having relationship problems..speaking from experience and a 12 year relationship....communication is really the key,don't sweat the small things and make time for each other..as hard as it is with kiddies around,u really need to set time for urselves like the days before kiddies...now I sound like an old wise owl lol...im only 27 hehehe.. : )))

Hi all!

Tan glad you had a lovely birthday! Wow 9 weeks to go.......how exciting!!!!!! I don't envy you having to get up at 6.15. You'd think our little ones would have more consideration in the middle of winter lol! I got to sleep until 8am this morning woo hoo, that hasn't happened for a very long time!

Lulu poor little Izzy, I hope she gets a break from teething soon. YAY for finishing your book, that is an achievement! I love toy shopping, seems I'm a bigger kid than DD sometimes (ok all the time lol!).

Hi hubba, always lovely to hear from a fellow May mummy! Lucky you getting molars with no issues. No molars here yet but hopefully they will pop through with no fuss too (or maybe wishful thinking!).

Hi everyone else, don't have time to scroll back too far but hope you are all doing well and having a great weekend.

Elena has been back to the doctors again, runny nose and a red throat. Holding off on the ABs this time though and hoping she feels better soon. Apart from that we have been plodding along as usual. Elena's talking all the time non-stop still and has just started to string 2 words together. And OMG do everyone else's bubbas constantly run everywhere??? I don't know where El gets all her energy from but some days I wish she would share some with me lol!

Gotta fly............nighty night all!

Hello everyone!!

Have had a really busy week and weekend, I am finding it hard to keep up with housework and everything else!!! This week is not much better! Have dentist appt for girls, meeting with minister bout Angus's christening, doing our tax and have to go to work in between there somewhere!!! Is crazy!!! I just wish I could have a few days at home to sloth around..... Angus is still being a pain at night, comes into bed with us at some stage still during the night. Is easier atm to do that as we all manage to get some sleep eventually. Am trying my hardest to wean him, but he is still trying to sneak a bf in during the night!!! I just want my body back, sounds selfish, but I have been bf for a combined time of about 4 yrs + few months between my 3 kiddies. I have loved every moment of it, but I just need my body back. I am trying to lose weight as I have stacked it on the last 12 mths, and I need to feel good about myself again. I am just hating myself atm, and DH makes it so much worse when he tells me I am overweight etc etc. Our relationship is deteriorating quite rapidly, and out lack of time for eachother is such a concern for me. Between both of us working (me shift work), looking after the kids, trying to keep the house in order, we never have time bacuse we are so exhausted come the end of the day. Anyway, that could possibly be a whole other thread!!

Sorry for such a selfish post, feels good to get it out though!!! I better try and catch some sleep while I can! xx

Hubba_Bubba07- I only just stopped feeding Annabelle. Not because I wanted but because she weaned Im so proud to have dont it till she decided she no longer needed it. Ppl make me laugh they judge if you bottle feed and then judge it you b/f. No body ever judged me as I would always get "Oh wonderful a young mum b/f." Which p!ssed me off anyway Teething in this house is HELL but I just feel so bad for her

Shell- Good luck with the weaning. Keep positive about your relationship, mind you dont take crap. Like him telling you you're over weight, funny how men are perfect
    Clint was convinced he had no love for me anymore. Now we're working on it and MAKING time to work on things. If it's worth it you'll find the time, maybe look into couples counselling. It can really help those with tight sceduals (SP)

Sangie- I do hope Elena gets better soon. Poor bubbas once one thing has them they catch everything else going around
    I know what you mean with the talking NON STOP and the running around! I love it!

Lulu- Things seem to be slowy making there way into place. Hang in there thats all you can do. I hope Izzy gets those teeth out as painless as possible

Tan- Yay not long till end of work! Glad to hear the birthday went well, and well done on the prezzies!

D- How is everything? Thinking of you lately

Hi to everyone I have missed

At the moment Annabelle is teething. I had to come home from a 21st last night at 10pm. She was in a bad way and would only sleep with me Which happenes when she teeths.
    Im in a strang place in my head at the moment. Im applying for nursing tomorrow and clint and I said if I dont get in we'll TT#2 so we get kiddies out of the way and nice and close. Then we were just talking and decided to put it off till we're sure. Im really worried there will be a big gap between them I really want to give Annabelle a brother or sister as she hasn't got cousins I'll allow her to get close to (Clints nephew is two and a horrible rude child and I wont have Annabelle around him. Sad as it's not his fault, but his parents)
    My cousins and I were like brothers and sisters and I want Annabelle to have a big family. I dont know

Shell - I'm ordering you and your DH to go on some 'dates' ! You have carried his three beautiful children and therefore you are entitled to be carrying a bit more weight, want me to tell him that lol! Take care of yourself!

Kass - I also grew up with cousins and we are all still close. But my sister and I are 9 years apart and we are also really close! I think its really important to wait until you are both ready and miss Annabelle will love her little brother/sister no matter when he/she arrives! Good luck with your nursing application!

Bored bored bored today..........I'm at work and not much to do!
    Might be time for another coffee lol! Hope you are all well!

Oh... what a day...am glad it is almost over. Things are just crap atm, can't seem to get my $hit together at all. Just got home from work to have DH pick a fight and now I feel so sick. Anyway, Lis I don't know whether "dates" would work. Great suggestion, we have tried relationshop counselling prev but don't think it helped. Argh, I am so exhausted. But please, feel free anytime to come kick his b-hind for me!!!
    D, how are things with you and your DH. I am just so stressed, I don't think it is worth it atm. Maybe a break is a good idea.
    Anyway, enough sooking from me, I better get a bath and go to bed. Might sleep on the couch. I want a holiday - might go to Melb - whens the meet up girls!!! Take care all, hopefully be back in a better mood tomorrow xxx

Shell- you definately need this Must be the month for it, DH has been having a go at me lately about housework(which gets done) computer time(which I've cut down on) and generally being a p!g to the point that I gave up and didn't talk to him for 2 days - so mature. I really don't think they realise how difficult it can be and I don't expect a medal but a tiny bit of acknowledgement and help would be nice.... sorry venting in what was meant to be support for you babe... you know we are here for you hun.

Lis - Lucky you having access to BB at work! I had one of those days yesterday but our net nanny blocks BB but I can get on another forum that I go on some times but its just not the same!! How is the househunting going??? Briefly saw your thread the other day!

Kass - It's so hard making decisions about your gorgeous family isn't it but I'm going to put my mature 32 year old hat on for a sec and say -if you have the oppourtunity to study then go for it... I went back after working F/T for 5 years and dropped my income significantly so it is possible to do later if you want to but might be harder than you think if you have kidlets that take $$ priority. As you said with Clints nephew - its the parenting not the birth order so Im sure Annabelle will be fine if you wait a few years to give her a sibling... you could also do a few years then study part time - tough but doable! Good luck deciding.

hubbabubba - great to hear from you! Sorry to hear you are copping flack for breastfeeding, far out people should just mind their own business. Great relationship advice from an old duck! JK - I know what you mean though - DH and I have been together for 11 years and far out it is super hard work but very worth it.

Lulu - I hope Izzy has settled down again - poor thing, those molars are evil. We had 3 weeks of hell here too with them and now she has this mouth full of teeth and looks hilarious.... She has 12 altogether now. Gld the shopping went well - the educational toys sound great. I really want to try and get Izzy a wider range of toys too now rather than lots of plastic [email protected] that she has. I have to say though, her fav toys are books(all her board books are hers to play with!) blocks and her teddies and stroller - she will cuddle them and say "shhhhh shh shhhh" like we do to her all day long! Adorable!
    How is the feeding going with Elena hun? You are doing an amazing job - just remember that on the bad days

Beck - Welcome back! Lovely to hear from you again!

D- How are you sweety?? Hope things are ok...

Sarah - welcome home honey!!!!!! I can't believe how quick your trip went!

to everyone else that I have missed!

Not much to report here - boring town...... I had a bit of belly pain last night and though oh far out but took some panadol and went to bed and it seemed to ease up thank goodness. Im not ready to be a mummy again 8 weeks early, and this bubby needs to cook a bit longer. What it did do too was make me panic that NOTHING is ready for this bub so am going to get some curtain rails for Izzy's room so that we can move her this weekend. My baby is going to a big girls room (not bed just yet thank goodness)
    Right Im off to get some brekky organised for my fussy eater! Chat soon all!

6 working days til maternity leave - whoo hoo!

Well aren't we just having the worst run as a group at the moment!!! We most definitely need one of these .

Shell - Our marriages are such hard work. Sometimes you just want to smack them over the head and tell them to wake up too themselves. So sorry to hear that you and DH are having trouble. I really hope you can work it out. How's weaning Angus going? Getting anywhere with getting Angus to give up his much loved bobbies?

D - Thinking of you at the moment. Hope you are okay.

Tan - I can't believe how quicly your pg has gone and only work days left, YAY!!! Your gorgeous little girl is going to be a big sister soon!! How's your belly ache this morning? Good luck in getting Izzy's big girl room ready for the move this weekend. Can't wait to hear it goes.

Kass - Did annabelle get any more toothy pegs for all the hassles she was having sleeping? Did you get your nursing application in?

Sangie - I hear you on being bored. Last weekend I was just bored bored bored and couldn't find anything interesting to do. Livvy and I are off to the park when she wakes up. How's the job hunting going? Your litle girl treating you well?

Well nothing much going on here thankfully. Livvy is being absolutely gorgeous and is turning into such a little person. Her new word is no which is using very very frequently. She thinks she's funny but she isn't. She is being a crazy little toddler that's for sure racing around everywhere, babbling non stop and climbing on and in everything. I wouldn't change it for the world. But gee how can someone so tiny have a continuous source of energy. She is running laps around me and Dave.
    Dave and I are better (thanks again for all your support lovely ladies) but we are still working on it and I think it is going to take a while to get back to normal but at least we are sticky to it and working on it.
    Livvy is waking up so I better go and get her so we can have a late lunch.
    Have a great day and let's keep our chins up. We are amazing beautiful mums and women. That might become our motto.
    Love me.

Shell I hope you are having a better day today - ok I'm sending your DH a cyber kick! Yes come down to Melb lol!

Tan have fun organising bubs and Izzy's rooms, how exciting! But take it easy ok, no more belly pains please!

Anyway just a quickie here..........gotta fly, have a job interview this afternoon so wish me luck!

ETA love your motto Dan! Glad you and Dave are sorting through it all.

Wow this has to be the quietest babies thread right now! Cooooeeee where are you all!!??????
    Hope you are all well and enjoying your gorgeous little ones! Dan - isn't the world of toddlers just ace! I love it!!! They are so cute (cheeky) curious(cheeky) and happy most of the time!! I have been reading Pinkys Toddler Tactics and have really relaxed a bit and am more conscious of her growing and learning, doesn't mean we don't discipline but I've come to realise that at this age distraction is GREAT! and that this phase will last a while so I may as well sit back, relax and join her on her discovery of the joy of life!

Geeez I'm corny but I think it's so sad when you see people who clearly don't enjoy their kids or call them naughty or ignorant when they are just being kids.

Off my soapbox now ladies - you can all relax I'm 32 weeks today! Whoo hoo! My gf asked me if my bag was packed yet and Im like - what bag! But having said that after the pains I had this week it did give me a kick up the bum to realise that I have done nothing so far, so we have plans to move Izzy into her room tomorrow or this week and I have newborn nappies! So we are getting there slowly!
    Have a great weekend all - catch you all soon! *MWA*

you're so right Tan. I wa about to tell Izzy off for opening a kitchen cupboard she's not supposed to be in when I realised she was trying to put a used tissue she found into the bin - which is in that cupboard! Now whenever anyone leaves any rubbish around she's off with it to the bin in a shot. Such a clever little girl.

Big hugs to all those that need them. I've just been diagnosed with PND so am hoping the happy pills kick in soon. Hate feeling this way

Lulu - sorry to hear you have PND but so so happy you are getting treatment. Hope you start to feel better soon El is obsessed with the bin too, but she prefers taking stuff out of it, eeewwww!

Tan - I was thinking of getting a copy of Pinky's toddler tactics, so you recommend it??? I absolutely love this age too, its so awesome watching them discover new things. 32 weeks!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all the other yummy mummy's are having a great weekend with well behaved toddlers!

Guess what? We finally bought a house!
    I'm so excited that I don't have to spend my weekends looking anymore!

Anyway gonna get some sleep, catch ya's all soon!

Good morning mummies,

I've been terribly slack updating here too **smacks my own hand**

Lulu - I'm sorry about your PND but it's fantastic that you were brave enough to get some help. You are so strong. How gorgeous that Iz is putting all the rubbish away. Helping mummy clean up, so cute. Livvy loves vacuuming so I encourage it, LOL! Hope your meds help you and you start to feel better soon gorgeous. We are here if you need us. Please don't forget that.

Sangie - OMG how exciting about buying a house. When is the big move day?? How'd your job interview go the other day? Livvy is the same as Elena. She much prefers to feret around in the bin and pull stuff out.

Shell - How you travelling gorgeous?? Hope everything is starting to look up for you at home.

Tan - I just can't believe that you are 32 weeks already. Little man is going to be here before you know it. Of course after your amazing VBAC that is. Good luck moving Izzy into her new room. Hope it goes really smooth for you and Iz settles in nicely. Are you going to keep her in her cot or move her into a bed. I can't remember, obviously having a moment.

My little princess is still being absolutely amazing. She is incredibly independant. I can't do anything for her anymore. She even helps me dress and undress her now. Climbs in and out of the bath herself and feeds herself. It's so gorgeous but at the same time so sad that it's starting already. My baby doesn't need me as much as more and it's only only to get less and less. Does anyone elses baby love pulling up their clothes and flashing everyone. Livvy pulls her clothes up, squeals, giggles and runs around. Nothing she is doing is bad at the moment. She is just amazing and keeping us in awe of her every day. My God, I've gotten so mooshy, LOL!!
    AF arrived this morning so it's now been three months of *not* really trying Dave and I (well me really, LOL!!) have decided to *try* for three months and if not success it's off to the FS to get a hand. He doesn't want us to try for more than 6 months before help. I'm getting on a little bit in the years especially if this little munchkin is going to make us work hard to get him/her. Hopefully just the threat will be enough to scare my body into behaving like last time.
    Ok everyone I'm off to spend some time with Dave.
    Chat later my fellow amazing and beautiful mums and ladies,
    Dan.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast