Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

Hello ladies,

It seems that everyone is going through the wars at the moment. I hope all of the May bubba's start being nice to their mums soon!

Sarah - that's great to hear that your little man is so big. I hope he starts sleeping more soon so that you can get a rest.

Danni - I hope sleep school helps you with Mason and you get some support

Michelle - housework just never ends does it! I think if our Dh's had to do what we did everyday they would go insane.

Dan - sleep deprivation is awful. Don't worry about your inlaws, people quickly forget what it is like to have no sleep, look after a baby, do all the housework, cook dinner etc etc and do it with a smile, I think not. We need those tantrums just to make us sane. I have had some beauties. I hope you get some sleep soon and feel free to blow off some steam here whenever you feel like it.

Kristen - congrats on officially kickstarting your business. It sounds like you are doing really well. It must give you a great feeling of achievement.

Tan - don't feel guilty about getting DH to help, it's their baby too and we need help every now and then. What is your business idea? Working from home would be great. I hope you get some more zzz's soon

Lulu - teething is just the pits isn't it. It just sends our wonderful bubba's out the window and in comes the fussing, angry new bubba. Hopefully Izzy will be an angel while you are going out. I usually find that Julian is completely different with my mum even if I've had a bad day with him. Enjoy the time out as it doesn't come by too often these days and I'm sure Izzy will be in good hands!

I am feeling quite depressed even though I really have no reason to be. Julian is sleeping through the night and even though his day sleeps are hit and miss I can deal with that. My issue is that I feel like something has happened to me, someone has come by and stolen me. I don't feel like me if that makes any sense. Everything I had to identify myself is gone. I feel like I don't have anything that I do for myself. It's funny some weeks I will get some time for myself but that's not the issue. I think it is because i don't have any goals. That it is the same routine day in day out. The weekend comes and nothing changes, the same again. Where have I gone? I've read about this happening in books to women but never thought I would feel like this. I feel absolutely terrible about it because I love Julian so much. But I wonder maybe motherhood wasn't really for me which is crazy because I've always wanted kids. I'm sorry to rave on about this stuff when you guys are going through more difficult times than me. I just had to get it off my chest. The guilt that comes with it is awful. What can I do to stop feeling this way?

One more thing - Julian is in the bottom 5-10% in weight and head circumference. So I am worried about that. He is 6.7 kilos. I'm going to take him to the pead. He is guzzling the solids now. I was giving him 4 tablespoons and then he wanted more. I checked with the clinic and they said he will tell me when he is full. Today he had 7 tablespoons of apple and pear with rice cereal as well as his normal breast feed. He looked content after this. Is anyone else finding this?

Thanks ladies and I really hope the sleep fairy pays you a visit soon.

Last edited by LoveKnowsNoBounds; November 6th, 2007 at 07:44 PM.

Just a quick one here because I need to go to bed early in preparation for the 11-2 wake up call - but just wanted to say Jan, you have no reason to feel guilty for feeling like this hun. Im exactly the same and have really good days then some really bad days too. I sit here and look at her and think about how much I absolutely adore and love her, but think -is this it? Is this what I do now? I get really down as well, to the point where I wonder about PND but Im sure its tiredness plus boredom. Have you got a hobby you could do - Im painting (still) canvases for Izzys room - finished 2 1 to go and thats partly the reason Im going start doing a little work from home! I promise I will tell all soon -I just dont feel comfortable telling all in case I dont do it and then feel like an idiot.

As far as charts go hun- has he been steadily gaining weight with no losses? Remember the charts are old, US(I think) and based on FF babies - who are generally heavier than b'fed babies - so I wouldnt stress too much unless you feel he isnt gaining as he should be. Remember too that they make the hugest gains in the first 6 months and then it starts to even out. Take him to the paed but try not to worry too much. (easy to say I know)

Kristen and other Melbournites! Are we still on for Friday at Williamstown?? I hope so- Id love to get out and see you guys!

Yes - ahh sorry I got sidetracked and never came back for personals! Naughty me! LOL

Yep - I'm still meeting you on Friday even if no one else is coming Tan!! Looks like it's going to be a GORGEOUS day too!

Can anyone who is also coming on Friday let me know ASAP? Otherwise if it's just Tan and I we can organise things between us by email Tan?

Thanks Tan. I really appreciate what you said. I'm trying to think of something I can do but not having much luck. I'm thinking of starting an exercise class to have something for me and to look forward to but have trouble working out when to do it or if it will help. Your painting sounds great, it must be a fantastic outlet. You wouldn't be an idiot if your idea didn't work out and I'm sure it would

I'm sitting her with an extremely wide awake cheeky monkey but I just wanted to send everyone the hugest because I think we really really all need it.

Jan please don't feel bad about having these feelings. I have them too and I think that every single mum has these feelings one time or another. I have started sewing (never done it before and it is interesting to say the least LOL!) and I take Olivia swimming once a week. I am also trying to have one afternoon a week off where I get to do anything I like, wherever I like and Dave has the primary carer role. Are you getting out of the house much? Do you have a mother's group you get to spend time with? Before your gorgeous little man arrived what did you do with your free time?
    Don't worry about his weight either. All babies grow at their own pace and those charts are just a pain in the a$$ that are another tool to cause us more guilt and anxiety. Olivia is in the 5th percentile in weight and she is weighing 6050gm and she has been on solids twice a day for over a month and her weight gain was no different to the month before when she was solely b/f so that showed the MCHN who told me that my milk wasn't good enough.

Sarah - Your little man is growing so big and YAY on him sitting and rolling. Olivia is sitting but like Noah I have to sit her but she can stay there and correct minor over balances herself. She can roll form front to back but not only on to her side going the other way. Sounds like Noah is doing exactly what he should be . Hope he starts sleeping more for you so you can finally get a good night sleep.

Ash - Thanks for you help on my PND questions. I'm watching myself closely but I think it was exhaustion. Hope your little man is letting you sleep a bit better or at least letting you catch up during the day.

Tan and Kirsten - Have a fantastic day on friday. I really wish I was closer so I could come but I think it's a little bit far to drive for lunch .

So for the poor personals, yet again. I'll try to do better tomorrow. I had better but Olivia to bed go to bed myself to get some sleep (hopefully, fingers crossed anyway).

Sleep well mums and bubs,

Luv Dan.

Hello!!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, we've just been soooo busy and I'm trying to stay off the computer - its costing us a fortune coz we keep going over our allowance!!! Anyway, I have been keeping up but can't quite get my head around it all for personals right now - sorry!!

I am sending every single one of you a BIG HUG though and Jan, don't feel bad about the way you're feeling - as the others have mentioned, it's totally normal. I'm LOVING life as a Mum but even I have the same feelings that you described. I don't really have anything that I do on my own anymore and the sad thing is that I just can't imagine finding the time for it and working out what to do with Luke is just too hard. I think I've turning into one very lazy mummy!! Its very exhausing being a mum though!!

Well, I know everyone is having a rough time right now but I have to say, I'm a very excited Mummy today!! Luke slept through the night for the first time last night. He's been going without a feed at night for quite a while but would still wake a few times to be settled. Then I wasn't getting back to sleep, so I've been really exhasted. Anyway, FINALLY last night he went down like usual (at about 8pm) and didn't wake until 6.30am!!!! I couldn't believe it. Even then, I just went in and settled him like usual and he went back to sleep until 7.20am!! I feel fantastic and just hope he can keep it up. His day sleeps have still been really good too, so we're finally in a really good little stage.

My cleaver little man is also sitting up by himself now. He still falls over but he's doing really well. He wasn't rolling much either but just over the last couple of days, when I leave him on his back on his play mat, I've come back into the room to find him on his tummy - its so cute!!! Solids are going really well too - he just loves it. We're still only on the rice cereal but I'm going to introduce some veges over the weekend - very exciting!!

Well I'd better get going, I have another load of washing to hang out before Luke wakes up!!

Take care and to all the bubbies out there - please be nice to your mummies!!!

Kelly xxx

OOOhh its eerily quiet in here - sort of like what its like at 12 midnight when your previously angelic baby decides she doesnt want to sleep or be happy unless you are lying on the floor next to her cot, patting her every now and then, and then feeding her after nearly 2 hours of this. Yep 6th night in a row is starting to do my head in. I just dont know what else to do other than feed, keep her quiet for an hour -feed again.
    Its so weird - she woke up at 430 and then fed and went back to sleep - so whats the problem at 12?Like I said in my other thread - in the morning things dont seem that bad but while its happening I was thinking about all the CC books Im going to buy and try to implement. I literally dont know what to do, other than set up camp in her room each night.

EEEkkkkkk what a whiner - Melbourne Meet up with the gorgeous Mia and Mason today!!! Oooh and Im looking forward to seeing Kristen and Danni !!! Im so excited - will take lots of piccies for everyone who has missed out -its a glorious day here in Melbourne town!
    Catch you all very soon super mummies!! xox

ETA - Not sure if I mentioned it (probably!!!) but Izzy is officially rolling from back to tummy! Whoo hoo - I find her in her cot like that - hilarious!!!
    Last edited by Beach Mama; November 9th, 2007 at 08:57 AM.

Yay have fun today girls (and Mason) lol

hehe ash wish you could come too...
    Mason is gunna wear the green bonds hat that you picked otu for him today!

Verye xcited about our day out today, Not often do I go outdoors.

Hope everyone is well. Mason is still a monster at night. Getting up anywhere between 10-20 times every night. sometimes he wakes every 3 mins. its just crazy. we left sleep school as he didnt respond at all

We have had to cancel masons christening which was supposed to be on sunday as Dales nanna just passed away. So we have to go there for her funeral on sunday (3.5 hours of mason screaming in the car )

Hey everyone!

Tan, Danni and Kristen hope your meet up is fun today! Wish we were there, is a miserable day up here, having light showers but is as hot as hell - damn QLD humidity!!

Danni, hope things get better soon with Mason. So what happened at sleep school?? What sort of things did they try? What a bummer that it didn't work out.

Tan, Oh my gosh - what is going on with Izzy as well!!! I know not many like co-sleeping with their bubs, but have you thought of it so you can get some sleep as well??

I put Angus to sleep in his cot during the day and at night when he first goes to sleep, but when he wakes up I feed him in bed and just leave him in with us. He seems to settle really easily. I was surprised last night cause normally he goes down at 7.30pm and is up at 12/1am for a feed. Well I crashed last night, then got up to get him when he woke up and it was 4.30am!! OMG, that is the longest he has ever slept. Then he went back to sleep till 8am.

I am starting to stress though cause he is still feeding during the night and I have organised to go back to work soon. I am going to be doing one 12hr night shift a week 7pm - 7.30am. So he will miss 1-2 night feeds then his first morning feed. Not sure what to do, he has never had a botttle or formula, and have no ebm stored. I am so worried about him cause DH never hears him when he wakes up now, so I'm scared he isn't going to hear him etc.. I really need to go back though cause of our funancial situation. Anyway I have until 12th January to sort ourselves out, have taken all my hols at half pay so we have extra money for now and over x-mas and will see us through until Jan. I am just going to miss my bubba so much!!!! He will be almost 8mths though so hoping he has his sleeping and feeds a bit more sorted and then we will be right!!

Anyway, sorry for selfish post!! Angus is asleep now so I better pop on a load of washing.
    Take care!

Michelle-Just checked out your photos, all your kids are absolutely GORGEOUS!

Hi everyone!!!
    Have fun all the Melbourne girls!!!! Wish I could be there too, to meet you all!!
    Things here are going great!! I feel bad that you all are having bad night time sleeps, I really don't know what advice I can offer you all, I don't know what its like to have a baby to not be a good sleeper (touch wood) Ethyn has been a great sleeper since about 7 weeks old, before that time he was up and back to sleep again after a feed, although I do remember a few nights when Austar became my best friend at 3am!!!!
    We are heading away for nearly a week!!! When we come back, I have got Ethyn booked in for his 6 month injections and check up
    Sorry about my "no personals" but thought I would pop on quickly between my packing.
    Big hugs to mums and bubs!!

Thanks Ash!! I think they are gorgeous too (biased)!!

Oh Ash, I just seen your ticker - are you serious that Blake is almost crawling - OMG!!! Look out, all the fun starts once they can crawl!!! I keep telling the girls they have to start picking up their toys and money etc etc cause Angus is going to be able to get into everything soon - don't think they quite get it yet!!!

we had such a nice day today! Izzy kept pulling Masons dummy out...was so cute!

Kristen got heaps of pics so cant wait to see them.

As I was driving home, the sunshine disappeared and i found myself in a huge storm! From glorious to disaster in 20 mins! thats melbourne for ya!

Hey girls!!!

I just have no time anymore!!! Noah is like all the others, not sleeping at night, up at least 6 times a night. Demanding in the day, I can't leave him alone for even a minute. Oh well, I guess it is all part and parcel of having a baby and I suppose complaining about it won't make the situation improve. I keep telling myself it is a phase and he will grow out of it soon enough

Does anyone know how much cooled boiled water our little angels are allowed to have in a day? Noah constantly wants the boob now with the heat and he has had 100mls of water today already.

Now, I have done my introductory post for Cherry Pie Designs and have a promotion for BellyBelly members of 10% but for May Babies 2007 thread I am doing 30% off for the first order. If you are wanting to redeem just give me a pm or email and I will give you the code.

Now lets see how many personals I can do before Noah gets fussy again, Juz is on the job but Noah is looking at me and whining already.

Danni, sorry to hear about Dales nan. I hope Mason behaves on the car ride for you. Hopefully Mia and Izzy talked some sense into his sleeping patterns so you can get some rest.

Michelle, I do the co sleeping and I agree it is much easier in regards to getting back to sleep much easier. I fully wake up when I have to respond to him in the cot.

Well there we go, that didn't last long. Sorry I can't do more personals right now.

I am so upset that I couldn't make it to the meetup today. I will be in Melb for the weekend of Big Day Out and it would be great if we could do another then.

OK gotta run, lots of love!!

Glad you girls had a good time today. Kelly - we really must meet up one of these days so the Melbourne girls aren't the only ones having fun!!!

Jan - like the others have said, don't feel guilty. I feel as if I have completely lost myself too. I'm someone's mother and someone's wife but there's no "me" anymore. I don't know what to suggest cos I'm having exactly the same problems. I can't get out much without Izzy because (A) I don't want to be separated from her (my own fault on that one) and (B) my mum lives so far away so I really don't have anyone I'm comfortable leaving her with. My life sounds like yours - get up, feed baby, change baby, play with baby, hope baby naps, feed baby . . . cook dinner, watch tv, go to bed, get up . . . As for Julian's weight, like Dan said so long as he's constantly gaining I wouldn't worry. Izzy is well under weight because she's actually over length. Someone has to be bigger than average, someone smaller and so long as he's energetic and looks good, I'm sure he's fine. Izzy's not eating solids at all yet so you're well ahead of us on that one.

Danni - so sorry to hear about DH's nanna, and also that sleep school didn't go well.

Izzy has had a very up and down week. She had her 6 month injections on Tuesday so Wednesday was terrible - poor little thing was just a floppy doll all day and screamed the second I put her down. Seems back to normal now, so that's good. Teeth are obviously quiet at the moment because she's sleeping a bit better. She's sitting up on her own for ages now and is pushing herself around when she gets on her tummy - found her half way across the floor today. Its not very graceful but she's moving so that's a start! DH is p*ssing me off. He has just changed companies and got a very nice payout. The extra cash has all gone on the mortgage but we agreed we'd have a short holiday somewhere - use FF points and go somewhere. Well, that was 3 weeks ago and he still won't commit to anything. Given that Christmas and school holidays are coming up, flights will be full in no time. Then by the time school's back I'll be 7 months pregnant and don't know that I'll feel like going anywhere anyway so we've probably lost our chance. Makes me so angry. He suggested we just go somewhere close by for a "lazy" holiday where we just sit around and don't do anything. Why won't he understand that that's what my life is now??? I don't do anything, I don't go anywhere. I want to go somewhere different and have something to look forward to. Feeling a lot like what Jan described. Oh well. Enough of my whinging.

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and there are lots of sleeping babies tonight.

Shell-Yep he is getting up and rocking, and shuffling/hopping, he just hasn't got the sync down to get his arms and legs moving in unison. He is sitting unassisted but always topples after a couple of minutes, I hope he can keep his balance soon, he is happy sitting up!

Danni-Thank you for all the pics, theya re bueatiful, KRISTEN you are bloomin talented, I'm so jealous you can't take any pics of Blake (that is until I come to visit, hey Danni?). Sorry to hear about Dale's nana and you had to cancel the Christening, ae you reschduling?

Sarah-Can't wait to get my invites, I bet they're excellent! I can totally understand the clingy baby thing, Even when we're holding Blake he is whingy so I can't win.

Lulu-That sucks about your holiday, hopefully DH will wise up soon and book something adventurous!

Sorry if I forgot anyone, DH is feeling neglected so I better go play with both my little boys lol ciao for now!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast