Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007 #9

I'm sorry to hear that you and your DH have seperated so I'm sending you heaps and heaps of :hugs:. We totally understand you not being around and your need for privacy. If you do need anything, anything at all, please let us know and always remember we are here for you. YAY on Blake's big sleep. What a great little man.

Hi Lee. Have any of Ethyn's teeth broken through yet or still just being annoying?

Ash - I'm really sorry to hear you've separated. If you need to chat or vent, we're all here for you. And huge yay for Blake's sleep - just what his mummy needs right now!

Dan - brilliant news about Livvy's sleeping. Crossing my fingers for you it just gets better and better. Hopefully her teeth will start popping through soon. Izzy has 2 so far - I keep thinking another one's on the way but nothing's popped yet. I can't believe how much Livvy's eating, that's brilliant. She sounds like my kind of girl for future girls' lunches!! And yes, I'm almost embarrassed to say how brilliant a sleeper Iz is - for the past three mornings she has slept until 8.30/9am after having gone to bed by 9pm with no wakes at all during the night. I just know Ned's going to be a horror and I'll be trying to send him back for a refund!!

Lee - I hope Ethyn's teeth starting showing themselves soon too. It really does seem to ease things off for them once they poke through.

Kristen - I'm about to PM you about MCNs. I was shopping with Mum yesterday and impulse bought a Pea Pod, although now that I've read some of the threads in the nappy section I'm regretting it!!! If anyone else has handy advice for me on where to start I'd be really grateful.

I went down to my Mum's yesterday, which is 150kms away. Had a good day but driving home Izzy screamed for 1.5 hours - almost the whole trip. She normally sleeps in her seat the whole way so it was really strange, not to mention distressing and then just plain frustrating. Anyway, off to do the washing (just for a change!!)

Oooh Tan. Huge crossed fingers for you and Izzy with sleep school today

No teeth for us yet!!
    Lulu - I have been using pea pods, I only use cloth at home or if just nipping out to the shops. Pea pods do the job for us, although I have to boost them with flannelette flats for them to last a few hours. I have just bought a Hautes pocket, love the colour, love the look of it on Ethyn's bum, I have only put it on him about 1 hour ago, so hopefully it lasts the distance. If I leave him in the peapods too long or he is wearing something on the tight side, or in his jolly jumper they pressure leak thru his clothes.

The Hautes are brilliant Lee!!

I wished I had looked into cloth nappies while pregnant, all I thought there was were terry flats!! boy was I wrong!!!

Thanks Lee and Ash. From reading some of the MCN threads, the Hautes seem to be a winner. I know I'll need to try a few different types to find ones I really like, but getting your views so I can narrow the choices is brilliant. I'm hoping someone will say the Happy Heineys (sp?) are good cos the patterns look so gorgeous!

Ash - :hugs: for you both hun, and as the other girls have said - we are all here for you in whatever way possible. It must be tough for you so I'm glad you will be down here getting some good ol' BB lady loving!

Sleep school was good now just to put it all in practise! Will post later when I have more time. MIL is about to pop in!

Ash I'm so sorry to hear this and I'm sure you know we're all sending our good wishes your way - I think a trip away sounds exactly like what you need right now. Let us know if you need to chat.

Lulu I've have responded to your PM re: MCNs hon!

Thanks to everyone re: Mia rolling. You'll never guess... she did it today!!!!! LOL Total and utter fluke but she did it!! I was dancing around the kitchen and I think I screamed the house down - she had no idea what I was on about but smiled all the same. I'm a mental case!! I think it will still take her a while to catch on, but she's getting there. I know she's strong enough physically to do it, it's just like she doesn't WANT to do it IYKWIM! Funny chicken!

YAY for Mia!!!!!

Good evening Ladies,
    Gee it gets busy in here.SO hard to keep up with everything.Congrats to all the bubs that are rolling and sleeping much better.I read these posts and by the time i get to the end i cant be bothered posting myself or bubs is awake or my darling 3.5 year old wants me lol..they joys of motherhood..we wouldnt swap it for the world.
    Well my chubba bubba is nearly 7 mths old and not so much a little baby aymore.He now weighs 9.4kg as of 6 mth check up.He is also crawling and sitting up o his own no probs at all.He actually get himself into the position when ever he wants...In the last few days he has also taken is upo himself to grab onto my lounge suite ad pull himself to standing...Brody thinks he is so funny when he does this lol...I want my baby to stay a baby a little while longer,,,im not ready for all this yet..he trying to beat his older sister Caitlyn who was a early walker at 9.5 mths i think...Do any other mummies out there have the same prob?
    May all your nights be filled with peaceful sleeping babies...we can dream cant we!!!

Yay for Mia. In no time at all she'll really get the hang of it and she'll roll all the time - especially when you don't want her to like when you're changing her!! Thanks for the PM.

Tan - glad to hear sleep school was better for you and Izzy.

HB - I feel the same as you. I love watching Izzy's progress and see her learning new things, but it also makes me a bit sad that she's growing up so fast. The age she is now is so beautiful and so much fun - I'd like to freeze her at 6/7 months for a while.

Yay gorgeous Mia! What a clever chicky!

Selfish post here today- I spent all day throwing up or on the loo with gastro yesterday which as you can imagine was GREAT fun! Im just so glad Al was home to look after Izzy while I alternated trying to sleep or having a bath all day. Uggh - so glad Im feeling better today...

Well as I said Sleep School was good while we were there but putting it into practise at home is something different. Al really doesnt like letting her cry- even for a few minutes, and we are now wondering if her feeding 2 times a night and going straight back to bed is that much of a problem? She goes right back to sleep (most of the time) and only feeds for about 5-10 minutes so we are thinking about just waiting til she is 7 months and see how we go. It's so hard to know - my fear is that once she is crawling and sitting up it will be a hundred times worse trying to settle her. At SS there was an 8 mth old crawler who could pull himself up and while the parents were settling him they would look through the window and see him standing ..at least now shes still on her back or tummy.

Mums over today for a visit which will be good, and we have a wedding on Saturday - very excited, I have a new maxi dress - just have to get some new shoes and glam jewellery!

Izzy is such a joy! Thats the other reason Im hesitant to change her nights - she is the most contented baby, she cries/grizzles when she is hungry or tired and thats it. I can honestly say I cant remember the last time she cried and I didnt know why. She spends most of her days rolling on the floor and commando crawling to her toys that I strategically place out of her reach laughing and screeching and she is pretty much sitting up on her own now - with the occasional face plant!

Anyway my computer time is limited now - Ive placed bans on myself now because I have ben spending far too much time on here!!

Hope all the May bubbies are being good for their gorgeous mums!

Oh, Tan hope you are feeling better! I agree with you with the sleeping etc. ANgus gets up normally once for a feed and goes straight back to sleep. Everyone likes to tell me to let him cry it out and he will go back to sleep, but he is a really happy easy going baby too, and I figure if thats the worst thing I have to do is to get up once to feed him - thats OK!!!

Ash, I hope you are ok. Best of luck with everything, I hope you enjoy your hliday in Melb, sounds like you need a good getaway!

Kristen, yay for Mia!! I feel the same about Angus sitting though, he has no balance at all to be able to sit on his own!! He will do it one day I spose! He is almost crawling though, but it is a pain that I can't "sit" him down anywhere he has to go on his back or belly on the floor!

Lulu, how exciting your first scan is almost here! I can't wait to find out the flavour!! Bet you are all excited!!

Sorry, all the personals I can think of atm, am trying to post quickly before Angus wakes up! We have had a HUGE weekend so need to spend a few days to recover I think. I went out Friday night with a few girls from work, had way too much wine, was quite drunk, and then Angus proceeded to get up 3 times when I got home about 1am!! Cheeky boy! We aree also getting an inground pool in so all that was happening sat, sun. Then I went to a baby shower yesterday which was heaps of fun, but we sat around and chatted till 6pm last night and the baby shower started at 2pm!! I miss gossiping and chatting with all the girls from work so was heaps of fun!! Angus was the centre of attention and got passed around from girl to girl! He laughed and thought it was a hoot! When I picked up the girls my Mum took him and said he smelt like he had been to a brothel cause he had so many different smelling perfumes on him haha!!

Anyway girlies, hope you are all well! I better go get Brekky for the kiddies happening! Take Care!
    Last edited by Shellbelle; November 26th, 2007 at 10:46 AM. Reason: cause i can't spell....

Hi Everyone,

Ash - I'm so sorry to hear you have separated from your husband. I hope that you are OK.

Tan - sorry to hear you have gastro. It's such an awful thing to have. I hope you get some rest, put DH to work

Since I was depressed I've managed to turn things around abit. I'm getting out more and doing things just for me. I go to exercise at a local personal training studio where the classes are 30 minutes so it doesn't impact on anyone. My mum has babysat Julian and I have had lunch in the city with Pat and with a friend. So things are looking up. DH has been great about it all and he takes over looking after Julian on Saturday mornings and I can do whatever I want. After reading a book I think that was 'Child proofing your marriage' (I am the queen of books) it suggests challenging your partner to takeover a weekend of looking after the baby so they see what it is like. Pat is going to do it in a few weeks time. I couldn't believe he agreed, he says he is looking forward to it. It should be interesting!

After seeing the pead it turns out Julian was underwight after all. I mustn't have been producing enough milk. Julian wasn't too fussed as he was getting enough to satisfy the hunger which was he wasn't crying and I had no idea. He is now on formula for all feeds after weaning for the last 10 days. I was sad to let it go but at the same time it is totally liberating. It has helped ease feeling depressed as someone else can ease the load on that front. Since I've put Julian on formula he now sleeps at night from 7pm to 7am with no wake ups. I couldn't believe it when it first happened. I hope it stays this way.

I forgot to tell you all that we had Julians christening a couple of weeks ago. It was such a lovely day. I'm going to out some pics here on belly belly if you would like to take a peek.

I'm so confused about solids. I read somewhere that from 7 months they have to eat meat, fish, chicken or pulses once a day. Julian is now 7 months so is anyone else going to do that? I have no idea what the nutrition requirements are, where can we look this up? Going out is more complicated now he is on 3 meals a day. How are you ladies coping with it?

Sorry for the selfish post but I will make up for it soon.

Tan - sorry you're sick. Gastro's awful - hope it passes soon. I'm always reluctant to get into discussions about sleeping because CC seems to be a really emotional topic for a lot of people but here goes!!! Easy for me to say not being in your position but I think if Izzy is waking for feeds during the night then leaving her to cry is probably not the best thing - if she's hungry then she's hungry. I know with my Izzy when she wakes at night its for a feed she needs it - she's hungry so that's all there is to it. In the past you've been really reluctant to let Izzy cry so it must be really hard for you (and obviously a good indication of how exhausted you are!). Can you maybe do a bit of a combination of both - when Iz first wakes offer her a feed and if she doesn't want it or when she's finished, then maybe let her cry for a bit if that's what you and DH are happy with? Otherwise, isn't this a beautiful age? I would love to freeze this age for months so I can really enjoy it.

Michelle - good on you for a big night out, although very inconsider of Angus to do that to his mummy. You'll have to remember that when he's 18 years old and thinks he can stay in bed past midday after a big night out!! And yay for your pool - how lovely.

Jan - glad to hear you're feeling better and getting out a bit on your own. LOL at Pat taking Julian for a whole weekend. I'm sure you're the same, but the very few times my DH has had Izzy for a couple of hours (I think 4 hours is the most he's ever had her for on his own), he complains afterwards at how exhausted he is, and that I don't understand how tiring it is!!! I think he'd self destruct if he had her for an entire weekend. Can't help you on the solids thing - Iz is still struggling through a couple of meals a day so I haven't had to deal with taking things with me. Maybe a cooler bag? I know what you mean about feeling liberated when you're not longer breastfeeding. I was very sad when I couldn't BF Iz anymore, but the freedom I felt when I knew anybody could feed her was incredible.

Izzy crawled across the lounge room yesterday. She was trying to get the internet connnection wire so I flicked it out of her way - she just moved to get it. Her "crawling" is on her back, with her arms over her head and her legs like a crab's. Was so funny to watch, but definitely a sign we have to start moving stuff out of her way.

Lulu - I know what you mean about CC hun, and I appreciate your comments. I've really felt the same - If she's feeding surely she needs it? The whole "after 6 mths they dont need it" doesnt sit well with me - its just a number after all - so what, one night she needs it and the next she doesnt?
    I really think we will keep doing what we are doing - which is feeding at night 2-3 times because I cope better with that than leting her cry - she feeds quickly and it gives us both some sleep and will see how we go once shes really chowing down some food. LOL at Izzy's crab walk!!! They are really adorable right now aren't they!!? Im going to stop stressing and just enjoy my time with her - hence limiting my reading of every book under the sun and BB too - I just get too confused when what I have in front of me tells me what I need to know! A happy growing girl!

Jan - glad to hear you are getting out and about and feeling better hun! Love the idea of a weekend for DH! Actually Al took over yesterday when I was in bed all day so that was actually really good for him to see how demanding it really is - even though I was still around. Im actually contemplating giving Izzy some formula at times - I still want to breastfeed but I wonder if she will take a bottle if its not breastmilk and if so then that would free me up to work a bit more.
    Would love to see Christening pics too - make sure you post them in your gallery so we can have a squizz.

Tan - good for you. I've gone from being the book guru to deciding that its all cr*p, and I just need to make it up as I go along the best way I can to suit me and Izzy. As for not needing night feeds after 6 months, whoever says that should tell it to my almost 7 month old that went through 320mls the other night!!!

Very exciting - just bought a few MCN to try. Kristen - you're a bad influence!!!! Can't wait to get them - they're all so cute looking and they're going to look gorgeous when she's just wearing them and a tshirt or a little dress.

Tan, I agree, when Angus feeds during the night he screams if I am not quick enough getting my boob out! So he must be hungry! If he wakes early in the night I try his dummy and most often he will go back to sleep. But if he doesnt, I feed him!! You do what you do to keep sane I think!!

Lulu, go the MCN's, what did you get?? I love them, but I fear the money I am saving on disposables is getting spent on pretty nappies anyway!! Oh well!! Is fun shopping and looking at all the different ones!! Highly addictive!!

Good night everyone!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast