Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2007

he didnt stay down at all. He is screaming again...im at a loss here

Hey danni,
    just a few suggestions,
    Mason is at wonder week 5 so his behaviour is perfectly normal. Have you tried giving him a warm bath and massage or my other suggestion would be to just carry him in a sling if you have one. I know with Hendy when he went through the wonder weeks i wouldnt fight him id just carry him in the bjorn as it meant he was content and that meant that i wasnt stressed. I even would have a cat nap on the couch with him in the sling on my chest. HTH

Aquick one from me guys - this breastfeeding thing every 1 - 1 and a half hours is doing my head in - and i agree last night was the worst... up from 130- 6 with about 1 hr of rest scattered in between.
    Anyway just want to know when should i express and how much?? I feel so clueless and we were topping her up with formula until my milk came in but now i want reserves of my milk instead. Hope you are all well and catching some zzzz's. 3 hours would be heaven wouldnt it??!

our first not home was our worst tan! hope she settles better for you soon.

I express every couple of hours. I would rather do that, than run out of milk or feed too often iykwim?

I have now got too much EBM so i am starting to freeze it. It has helped ease my mind heaps.

Please call me if you need anything!

Tan, I express between feeds, trying to leave at least an hour before I start feeding again IYKWIM. I was doing it through the night too, but quickly decided that I would go insane if I kept that up LOL! Try to not to sit on the pump for too long, it's not great for your nipples (apparently). I either do 5 minutes on each side, or 5 and 5 and 5 and 5, depending on how much time I have etc.

I just wish I could get as much milk out as everyone else!

Hi everyone

For expressing - depends on the time of day, but I usually get anywhere between 20-50ml (60 on a really good day but that's only happened once) if I express from both boobs for around 20-30 mins at a time, alternating between the two every 10 mins or so. I have no idea if this is good/bad/indifferent, but it's what I can manage at the moment.

I had my first MCHN visit this morning and mine is LOVELY! She's also a proper lactation consultant too so I got to ask her all of my questions and she's going to help me get rid of the formula, boost my EBM supply as well as help me feed properly so I'm really pleased about that! Go back again on Monday for another visit.

Mia is going well - been a bit grizzly at times but we've tried since just after coming home from the hospital to put her into a routine ASAP. Fingers crossed, so far so good and she's gone quite well. Sometimes she'll settle straight away when we put her down, sometimes it might take half an hour or so, but she gets there eventually. Day is typically like this:

7am - wake, nappy, feed, play (express)
    8:30 - sleep

11:00 - wake, nappy, feed, play (express)
    12:30pm - sleep

2:00pm - wake, nappy, feed, play
    3:30pm - sleep

5:00 - wake, nappy, feed and her nightly bath at 6pm every night
    7:00pm - sleep

10:00 - wake, nappy, feed (express)
    11:00 - sleep

3:00 - wake, change nappy and feed
    4:00 - sleep

... and then start again at 7am. So far so good - she seems to respond to it quite well at the moment, so here's hoping she continues to enjoy it. Means I can go to bed after I've expressed around 11:30pm and then only get up once between then and 7am. If she goes back to sleep quickly, then it means only an hour or so up (sometimes she's been grizzly and it can mean I'm in there every 15 mins all night, but that's what babies do!!)

keep up expressing...i now get minimum 120ml from one boob in 5 mins. its well worth it to boost your supply

Hi there mummies,

So no personals as Olivia is starting to stir for a feed but a quick one to say good bye for a week at least . My telephone gets disconnected tomorrow and the telephone at our new house isn't going to be connected until wednesday and then we have to wait for broadband to get connected. I don't know what I'm going to do without my internet.

I hate moving so much . But we gotta do what we gotta do. The highlight is that I finally get to set up Olivia's room. YAY!!!!

All you gorgeous babies behave yourselves for your mummies and all mum's enjoy being a mum.

I'll catch up ASAP. Going to miss chatting to you ladies. I don't know what I'm going to do without my daily BB fix.

Luv Dan.

OH MY GOD GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! I was looking around and reading some forums and you will never guess who I found with a pregnancy ticker.

TESS!!!!! I am so excited that she is pg again.

I've been searching for her announcement and there isn't one but I'm determined to find somewhere to congratulate her. I'll let you know if I do find somewhere and if vice versa please.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR HER!!!!!!!

Yes yes yes!!! Tess IS pregnant but hasnt officially made an announcement yet. There is a thread somewhere on here titled something along the lines of "how soon do symptoms start?" and this is where she posted

Dan: we will miss you!! Feel free to sms me if you need anything

ok no personals as i have baden on my lap, but im reading and going to check out pics today i promise.

ive also updated badens site ( a little) with some pics and birth story. heaps more to do so maybe check again next week.

do you know what i did the other day??? made a tuna pasta bake but forgot the tuna! i was also looking for cat food in the fridge - man i need sleep!

hope everyone is well.

tan isobelle is gorgeous - i cannot sign your guestbook.
    kristen - your guestbook isnt working?

had a look at a few, will do a few more later. all the bubs are gorgeous! we are a lucky bunch arent we.
    Last edited by thedolphin; May 25th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

This will be interesting trying to catch up, a fussy boy in one hand and typing with the other..

Lee- LMAO at looking for the cat food in the fridge. I keep putting the bag of dog food in the fridge. I thought placenta brain was bad but new mum brain is worse for sure

Dan- Bummer about no net for a week, I guess the plus side is that this forum moves a lot slower than the belly buddies one because we have so much more on our plates. You will be missed but enjoy setting up Olivias nursery and be sure to take pics of it when you are done!

Kristen- It's fantastic that you have Mia in a routine, is there a trick that I am missing?

Tan- Great to hear you are all well, I can't help you on the expressing thing but you are on the right track it sounds like. I can't express anything myself, starting to wonder if I am out of boobie juice. I hope you are getting your rest. I love the pics of Isabelle, she is gorgeous!

Heather- What is this wonder week thing you are talking about, I am scared now what on earth have I gotten myself into

Danni- I hope you are getting more sleep these last few days. Great news on the boobie juice production as well.

Sez- Is your foot still giving you trouble? It is no fun being housebound for sure. Make sure to get lots of rest so you heal quickly.

Kelly- Luke looks absolutly adorable, I hope you are doing well!

Well that is as far back as I can go and my battery is about to die in the next 10 min. Still demand feeding although I tried to spread it out. It seems that backfired on me and Noah is wanting to feed 15 mins after finishing the last one. I tried to express and got almost a teaspoon and nothing more would come but then he fed and spewed up after so there must be some milk. I am still in agony after the c/s but I can't stop doing things like cleaning and I went for a walk the other day so it is my own fault. Well that is all for now before the laptop conks out. Quick question though, is there anyone else doing the co sleeping thing? Or anyone who started off doing it and then had to make the transition to the cot or bassinett? Ok he is howling now, will pop in later I hope

Hi Guys!!

I'm so sorry, I still don't seem to have the time for personals - we keep getting so many visitors popping in to see us, which is taking up all my valuable BB time!! LOL. I am reading through all the post though, just can't get my head enough around it all to attempt personals and certainly don't have the time!!

I'm soo pleased to hear about Tess though, that's just the most exciting news and I can't wait for her offical announcement!!!

Oh and Sez, I'm so glad that you've joined us too, I just read your birth announcement, it's so beautiful!!!

Well, things are still going really well for us. I feel so lucky to have such a good little boy, he's certainly making life a little easier for us than I expected!! He's feeding about every two to three hours and i'm still using the nipple shield on one nipple but I think it's starting to feel a little better. I'm producing so much milk though and am a little afraid of expressing, because I certainly don't want my supply to increase. I'm more worried that I'm not emptying my boobs and apparently thats where you can get blockages and nasty things happening - does anyone else have this problem. I just leak like nothing else!! My boobs don't actually hurt though but they're getting really full. I'm not sure whether to just keep going as normal or whether to express aswell.

The little blocks of sleep is hard to get used to aswell - it's exhausting!!! And I'm a bit like Sarah - I'm doing far too much and my c/s scar is still hurting, it really makes life so much more difficult. Not to mention the horrible rash I got over the scar - my OB seems to think I had a reaction to the tape that was put over the scar while it healed. It's just a little annoying but it's starting to clear up!

We're just introduced a dummy into Luke's world too and it's the best thing ever!! Not that he cries too much but when he wakes too early, I've been putting it in to try and get a bit more sleep out of him before feeding again. It's working wonders and I hope it's not a bad habbit to get into.

We also took him for his first visit to the shops yesterday - what a great day we had. Sorted out all our Medicare and Health Insurance and he was just such a good boy!! Gives me confidence to venture out and about a bit more - well, that is when I can actually drive again - it's so frustrating.

Well, better go, Luke is a little hungry and he's starting to spit the dummy out. He's so cute, even when he is getting upset!!! I just love being a mum!!!

Kelly xxx

sarah - the wonder weeks is a book that every mother should own!!! I first found out about it on BB when Hendy was a baby (kelly BB creator swears by it and it is a godsend) it is a study that the authors carried out over 25 years studying cognitive milestones that all babies go through in there first year. There are heaps of them and the older bubs get the longer they go for, but the first is at 5 weeks but only lasts a couple of days. The authors talk about fussy periods followed by wonder weeks where your bub has gained a new skill. There is a thread about the book somewhere, you can buy the book online at amazon. Its the best and shouldnt worry you as it just shows you that when your bub is going through an unsettled period it is completely normal and that they will get over it!! Eventually!! HTH

Hi everyone, I'm not attempting personals today as I'm about to have a nap before more visitors arrive!

Last night wasn't too bad, but I did fall asleep while feeding for over an hour - OOPS! Mum came over today and took me out to buy a new digital camera yay! I'm over having a broken foot, but I'm lucky that it doesn't give me much pain. It's just a hassle that I'm going to be housebound for the next two months at least Nicholas is being devine, I can't believe how much he has changed already! He's going to grow up so fast.

Kelly, yep we're dummy lovers here too, Nicholas has had one since day one (they give them out freely in SCN to the premmies). As a dental nurse I would far rather a dummy than a thumb LOL! Nicky doesn't always want it, which is fine, but sometimes it saves our sanity! As long as you're not getting any blockages I wouldn't start expressing if you're not wanting to boost your supply. Besides, it's just another time consuming thing to do LOL! Spare yourself if you can Glad you liked our birth story

I think I need to get a copy of the wonder weeks........I meant to do it before and forgot, better order it now!

Hope you're all having a lovely day! Sez xoxo

hi all another quick one from me! After a nightmare first night last night was so much better - although i have to admit that at the 2am feed she fell asleep next to me on the couch and i was to scared to stir her and put her to bed so i slept with her on the ouch til 6. Really dont want to start that but i just had to have some sleep, since then its been 3 hourly feeds - yes!!!
    Have been expressing just 5 minutes on each breast twice and getting around 80-100ml. GIves my bb's some relief because at times she only feeds for 30 min on one then only 10 on the other and Im huge - I still feel so clueless and dont know whats normal or not.
    My nipples are super sore too even when expressing -they look pretty good not cracked red or bleeding though - could it just be that they are super sensitive?? Sorry about the billion questions - as if we all dont have enough to do!
    Rest assured I am reading and keeping up with everyone, have to say cant wait to get out of the house for a bit but just the thought of going anywere at the moment is terrifying!! Plus I am super sore today - was doing well for a few days and today my muscles around my scar are killing me... grrr. Anyway enough whining.

Great news for Tess- so happy for her!!

Big hugs to all gorgeous bubbies - be good to your mummies!!

Oh and forgot to say the other day Lulu - that it is funny about the names !! My preference was actually Isabelle Grace!! but my neices name is Grace and Al wasnt sure and preferred Jade too so we compromised!! Imagine that! hee hee! We all have impeccable taste in names i have to say though ladies!
    So much for a quick post - better go have a nap while i can!
    Talk soon!

tan: go and buy some lansinoh nipple cream from the chemist. it is GOLD for your nipples. they will settle down soon though

Another quick one for Vic/Melb girls!! How are you keeping bub warm?? Im paranoid that Isabelle is either too hot or cold... we have the ducted heating on around 18-19overnight but it still feels cool at 2am IYKWIM - and we are wrapping her in a light flannel wrap and covering with a light polar fleecy type blanket? When I feel its too cold we add a flannel wrap as a cover too... now thats its down it seems like alot but Im still worried.
    Cheers ladies - Danni Is aw your post re: sleeping bags - I have 2 2.5 tog grobags but it think we need her a bit bigger to start using them even though they are newborn ones?? Not too sure??

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast