Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born in November 2005

Milo was 7.75kg on tuesday.

So his weight gains are still fairly low. If he wasn't so big to start with, and so close to starting solids I think she'd be more concerned.

He putting on only about 90g/week for the past month and a half, whereas before that it was more like 200g

So I have booked in to see the paed, at the end of May, and will see whats going on by then.

Also, I got home yesterday to find 2 messages on my answering machine, one from mum to say that YAY she got part time at work and will take Milo for 2 days a week when I go back to work in June, and one from the childcare centre saying he's in and I can have any days I like.

I am a bit worried about feeding though, he still rarely has a bottle, but I guesss he will get over that when he gets too hungry, but he'll be in care for 3 feeds, and theres no way I can express that much milk every day, so he's going to have to have a couple of formula feeds.

He's never had formula before, but has got some eczema, so I'm even more hesitant to want him to try it, what sort to try etc.

Hmm, I think a question for MCHN. Prob more for the paed, but since I'm not seeing her til the day b4 I start work, it really isn't soon enough to answer my questions. Oh well.

Hi Ray - yay on your mum being able o look after Milo. That must be a big relief. How many days are you going back for?
    Kyla's on Nan1Ha Gold which is supposed to be closest to breast milk and easy to digest as the protein has already been broken down. They used this alot at Knox hospital with babies.
    Hopefully his weight gain get's better - is he not drinking as much now?

Debbie Lee Guest

Rach - yay for both the childcare posi and that your Mum is able to take Milo for a couple of days. As for the formula/bottle issues, my friend from MG had a similar issue. She had to put her daughter, Paige, into childcare and thus start her on formula. Apparently she didn't take to it at all. She wouldn't take a bottle so they had to feed her with a syringe (they didn't mind because, apparently, it really didn't take much longer than a bottle anyway). However, they eventually got her onto the bottle. They'll get it all happening at the childcare centre - probably easier for them too because they don't have the emotional attachment or the booby milk! LOL
    I've also heard that Nan is pretty good. I know a few people that put their bubs on it. Gab was on the S26 until 6 months then moved to the Heinz but she didn't have any health probs (like eczema) so I guess I didn't have to stress too much about it. Good luck with it all, anyway! There's a thread in the feeding forums for BF and FF bubbys so maybe pop in there and see what the others think?

Carrie - wow @ thinking about TTC again already... I guess when you have to go down the IVF path, the sooner the better, hey? Still... I don't blame you for not feeling quite ready yet. I can only imagine the stress IVF puts you under - and this time with little Kyla to attend to!

Barb - isn't it painful when they won't sleep anywhere but at home? Gab is pretty much like that now. Unless I can set up the porta-cot, she'll only cat-nap in the car seat if she's reeeeallly tired. Still... she's down to one sleep a day now so I really shouldn't complain. Oh.. and we had the professional photos done in her pretty, pretty dress. Unfortunately, she wouldn't oblige!! Tanties alllll the way! My sister thought it was soooo funny. She was all dolled up, rolling around on the floor cracking the poos because she couldn't crawl in the dress, LOL. She even bashed her head on the ground a couple of times in defiance! Such a princess!! Hope it's not a sign of things to come! We had to go in again the next day to try and get better photos. She was still a bit silly but not nearly as bad. Anyway... I'll make sure I let you know when I get the photos back. She won't be smiling but, hey... she looks pretty!!

Gab - grrr @ AF's return! You certainly feel it in full force once it is back, hey?

Ok... I feel like I am taking over your thread. Feel free to tell me to rack off guys, LOL.

The more the merrier Deb! LOL at little Gab cracking it in her pretty dress, I would have loved to be a fly on the wall (mean aren't I?).

Rach, a friend of mine is BF and occasionally uses a bottle. I gave her a pigeon (sp?) peristaltic teat and bottle, and apparently bubs loves it. It is supposed to be quite like the action of a nipple as it is latex (?) and stretchy.

Well, I think Kyla's either sick or had a very bad reaaction to a bananna/apple mix I gave her. She has been really tummy achy, gassy and irritable. She's not at all like her self, grumpy and crying and she also sounds a bit mucousy.....poor little tyke.

Hi!

I am not getting on here asm uch lately, as Milo is awake a lot...I have decided that when I go back to work the magic sleep fairy will just visit and he'll sleep through the day! he he

hmm..I think I can hear him now actually, better go

Hi Ray - Has Milo started at day care yet??
    Jus wondering how it's all going.

Milo starts on 18th May, for induction, so I'll stay there for a while and leave him for a couple of hours (or more or less depending how he goes)

He will go Wed-Fri, and build up how long he's staying there, until 1st June, which is when I have to start back full time at work.

I have to go back 5 days, so 2 days with mum and 3 at childcare. I would love to be going back part time, but..ATM I am glad about having a job to go back to...I am going to start looking around for something else in case, but I don't think theres a lot of IT work in Melb at the moment.

Plus I am the main income earner, so if anyone was to stay at home with Milo it would be DH.

Tomorrow Milo will get weighed, so will post his new stats.

His weight gains have been slower, not sure if he's not getting enough and its my supply, or he's just not wanting as much. DH and I were both skinny kids, and filled out later.

I am sure once he is on formula though they will improve.

I tired him on rice cereal this past week, he loves it, but alas I don't think his digestive system is ready - we had very runny nappys, and his are very runny to start off with, but this time it was so much so that all it soaked into the nappy like a wee!

So I didn't give him any today, and the poos are back to normal, another thing to ask MCHN about..............

OK, ATM we've decided that the reason Milo is not settling at night is cos he's hungry.

He only put on 140g in 3 weeks, so somethings going on.

I think I am going to have to step up the bottle/formula changeover, I only hope it takes less time than some of the horror stories I have heard.

will give it a try this weekend, fingers crossed!

Hi - I guess if he's hungry he will take the bottle. hopefully, eventually. Alex didn't put on much weight between 3 and 4 months and the health nurse said they can lose interest in breastfeeding and recomended increasing the number of feeds and using the fenugreek. I didn;t fancy waking him at night to feed him more, so he is 75% formula feed now. He also has two meals a day - one cereal and one fruit or veges.

Maybe have a bottle warm and ready for the first feed of the day before he is fully awake ? I saw your message in the local thread about turning the car seat around - do you do that at 8 kilos ? I had forgotten all about doing that.

It depend on the car seat. I think most are 8-9kg minimum to turn around, but you can go heavier in the rearward facing position, because its safer with them facing backwards.

Milo is too big for his seat though, so I was really hoping to be able to turn him soon. He's going to the paed. on 31st May, maybe by then?

Oh also, some exciting news, after his afternoon feed yesterday, he was still crying and unsettled etc after about and hour and a half, so I made up some formula & offered him that. He drank 210ml!

So now I'm positive he's been hungry the past month or so! grrrr...
    I know their weight gains do slow down at 3-4 months, but his halved & he got more unsettled.

He still woke twice last night (before midnight) & had a bit of a top up after his last breastfeed, but the feed itself was 200% better than anything in the past week. He took 30mins rather than 90 (prob cos he had the extra formula feed only 2 hours earlier) and slept 40minss, then 90mins before the 2 wake ups, and through til 6:40am.

So if he takes the bottle for that afternoon feed today and tomorrow, I'll try adding a formaula feed every 3-4 days, but if he starts refusing it again then it'll be back to plan A.

Just locking this girls and creating another.

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678