Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in November 2005

well, Milo is not sunburned, so it must be teething which is a scarier thought :shock:

Doc. said he seemed fine, his throat was a little red, but nothing to worry about, and that his runny nose was prob. a viral thing.

Still no daytime sleeping in general. Will have to work on that one.

Yesterday afternoon he got so hysterical he made himself sick

Will see ow he goes at MCHN today, at least I will have some idea of whether its hunger or he just wants to be fed to sleep - depending how his weight gains are going.

Hi Gabby,
    Great to hear from you and I glad that you and munchy are doing well. How was Qld? Did you get any of the cyclone? It sounds like you have been pretty busy!
    Hope all goes well at the physio - what can they do to help? Is it due to neck problems?
    Thomas must be a big boy to be in 0 clothing! - Kyla's between 000 and 00, but she is on the smaller size I suppose. We started Kyla with some solids which she did well with but have stopped for the moment as we are trying to change formula. She was on Nan Ha1 and has been on Senokot to help her poo - I'm hopping that a formula change will sort her out.
    As Kyla is actually 7 months she's had both 4 and 6 month immunisations, for the 6 months I gave her panadol which helped. Goodluck with Thomas - hopefully he wont have a problem.

Ray - Hope things went well with the MCHN - let us know.
    I have been thinking that maybe Kyla's teething - she has all the symptoms but I can't see or feel anything. She's had the red cheek, dry cough, possiting saliva and has been chewing on her finger and just about shoves her whole blanket or corner of her bib in her mouth to chew on. Who know???

Milo went OK at his check up yesterday. All the developmental stuff is fine.

He only gained 360grams in 4 weeks, which is a bit low but still looks fine on his graph, so we're getting weighed again in a month to see how its going. I think if he wasn't such a big boy already it would be more of an issue.

So HC - 43.5
    Length 67cm
    Weight 7.56kg

When I stripped him for his weigh in, he'd done a real stinker, and MCHN thought it was a tad on the green and runny side. I told her, yes thats the usual consistency that I've twice told my GP about and mentioned to her once before, but that they're usually more yellow.

So that combined with the had munching and red cheeks,a nd not sleeping she thinks is either teething, or tummy related.

If the sleeping doesn't improve after we try the new settling methods for a few weeks, or the nappy colour doesn't change and/or they get more frequent she wants me to take him to a paediattician to see if all is OK.

Since his day sleeps are worse, his night sleeps are getting shorter, about 8-10 hours instead of 10-12.

Booked in to go to tweddle on friday, will see how it goes. :-k

hey green poo !

Alex did a khaki coloured one last week (same thickness as usual) and a olivey one on the weekend - a lot different from the yellow/mustard ones. And me chews his hand and has red cheeks AND he doesnt sleep much during the day. Whats going on, have these kids been talking to each other ?

How often does Milo poo ?

Is tweedle a sleep school ? or a baby play place thingie ?

Tweddle is a mother-baby unit, they deal with breastfeeding, behaviour, and settling/sleeping issues (what I'm interested in).

With babies under 6 months old, it sounds very gentle and pretty much like what we do already, put him to bed when we think he's tired, walk out, if he's crying after 20-30 seconds go back in and try to settle him etc, with never leaving him to cry for longer than 20-30 seconds.

Sometimes this works for Milo, and other times he's hysterical to the point where he makes himself sick.

We're just going for the day, I think maybe I am misreading his tired signs, or not seeing them, but its hard when I'm being told his weight gains are just OK not to want to feed him!

Ray - It sounds like his weight is fine. Kyla at her 4 month check only weighed 5.7kg and usually puts on about 120g a week. Sometimes I think the MCHN's go a bit overboard on the weight worry thing. My pead never seemed worried, as long as she keeps putting on weight and looks healthy, alert and active. hope the sleep school helps for you.

Hey - how was tweedle ? what did they say about tired signs ? Jerky arm movements, yawning, rubbing eyes ...

I find when Alex pulls away from a feed and starts sucking his thumb or is a bit grumpy, I think it's time. This week he has been doing two hours up and two hours down during the day.

I gave him some pureed apples last week and he almost inhaled it and the spoon ! I tried the rice cereal two weeks ago and he didn't think much of it, but now that goes down well, as well. He has two meals most days, sometimes just the cereal. Not sure when to introduce three ?

tweddle was good and bad.
    I don't know thats its something i'd recommend really.

some things were good, like trying to resettle him if he wakes up after 20 minutes, but some of it was a bit nuts, like resettling him after an hour, when I knew he hadn't had a good feed and would be hungry (no, you shouldb't feed him, make him wait 3-4 hours - so naturally I picked him up and fed him!)

he's been having afew more day sleeps than normal though, yesterday was particularly good, but today is all over the place. He won't feed, or sleep! :-k

Debbie Lee Guest

Hi guys!!
    Thought I would venture in and see how you guys are all doing (esp. since I have met a couple of you IRL now!!!).

Gabby - hope all goes well at the physio. That helmet doesn't sound too enticing!! I hear you on the 2 hourly feeds. Gab was like that for a while! Don't stress to much about the immunisations. I've found that they tend to be different with each one. Gab slept and slept with her first lot. She was grumpy with the next lot and has been fine with needles ever since! She just had her 12 month ones. She cried while she was getting the needles but, apart from that, you wouldn't have known she had even had them!! Happy little vegemite as soon as we walked out of the clinic! They can surprise you sometimes. I just had a look at Tomas' website. Gosh he's a cutey!!

Rachael - I went to the Day Stay clinic here in Geelong when Gab was 8 weeks old and walked out of there feeling worse, I reckon! Sometimes those places exaserbate our fears rather than help, iykwim? My best advice would be to go with your gut instincts. Feed Milo whenever YOU think he needs it. You don't have to wait for every 3-4 hours. He will start to push it out to that amount of time all on his own. They have a way of kind of settling into a routine and, before you know it, you're there!! Listen to Milo and your own instincts and don't worry so much about hard and fast rules. Sometimes they are handy as a guide but every widdle bubba is different (as is every mother) and it's OK to stray from what "they" say you should do.

Barb - sounds like Alex loves his tucker!! (BTW... did you have a look at Gabrielle's web site? There's some pics of her in the dress you bought her from her Naming Day ;) ).

Carrie -
    Sometimes I think the MCHN's go a bit overboard on the weight worry thing
    - sooooo true!! They are hell bent on milestones and weights and measurements. My MCHN often made me feel like I was failing as a mother. Take their advice with a grain of salt. If your baby is happy, weeing and pooing and sleeping ok (and not losing weight), then there's no reason to stress. I only go to the MCHN so that Gabby's welfare book gets filled in - I tell them only what they need to know and get the hek outta there.

Just thought I would catch up a little. I often wonder about you November baby buddies - about time I got my butt in here, hey?? LOL

Gab is going well... she's asleep - that's always good!! hehehe

Hmm..I thought I posted in here today..oh well.

thanks for the advice re sleeping guys.

there have actually been big changes of late.

bedtime now happens at around 8pm every night (well, between 7:30 and 9-30, but usually around 8) which is a fantastic step forward from 10:30-11.

I think moving Milo's bathtime forward has played a major role in this, as I anoticed he'd have one feed after his bath and then go to bed. So this week I started to bath him at around 6:30, and what you know, bed time has moved forward too!

I'm getting him weighed again on Tuesday, as he's been eating less and pooing more, which can't be a good combination, but I'll see how it goes.

DH has started talking about more kids, well about their names at least.
    We watched Encino man last week, and he's decided he likes "Link" as a boys name...........

Hi - Debbie - the dress looks great. Did it have a cardi with it as well ? What was the ceremony like for a naming day ? Did you have a celebrant ?

Rachel - it's the BBB - bath boob and bed. What time does he sleep thru till ?

I like to have Alex in bed at 5pm but that means he usually wakes up at 5am. If he's up during our dinner and he's not happy then it means I eat tea with one hand.

Debbie Lee Guest

Barb - yep, we had the cardi but it was 32 degrees, LOL. So we went without it for the day. As it was, she got pretty hot in the dress so she only wore it for about half an hour. She is getting professional photos done in it tho ;) We did have a celebrant... actually, a Minister. He was the minister at the church I grew up going to... so that was nice :) The ceremony was short and sweet. With a naming ceremony, it's more about the naming of the child than religeous stuff, iykwim? He did say a prayer at the end (uno.. the usual Christening one.. "The Lord bless you and keep you...." that one) but it was understated. Suited us better than a Christening because we don't go to church...
    Urrgh @ being up at 5am!!

Rach - woo hoo for the new bedtime rountine!!

Hi Girls!!

How are things? Thanks for popping in Debs, I am glad to hear that Gabby is doing so well -- for a personal question - when is brother or a sister coming, LOL??! (You don't have to answer that BTW)

QLD was nice Carrie, no cyclones. Weather was hot (I do not cope well with heat and finding it even worse when BF). A little stressful at times as Dad is an alcoholic, and can change personalities at the drop of a hat, but at least I get to support mum for a bit.

Physio is happy with Tomas, thinks we'll be able to get away without a helmet, but the paediatrician (seeing him on the 19th) gets to make the final decision. I would expect they'll keep watching....

Had the 4 motnh check the other day:

Length: 71cm
    Weight: 7.8kg
    Head: 44cm

My little man is growing...... Had to start buying '1' clothing..... and crying when packing his room. Keep having panic attacks that I won't get to have another baby.....

Oops, I can hear a lilttle voice ccalling, so better go for now!

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww Gab!! It's ok... Tomas is still gonna be a baby for a while! He's certainly growing really well tho!! Healthy widdle tacker! Glad the physio was happy with his head!
    As for the little brother or sister question.... it's uncanny you asked that, actually! I just posted in the March 2005 thread that Neil and I had a chat this morning and we decided that we'd like to start TTC #2 at the end of July. I would like to have a baby at the other end of the year from Gab (if possible!). So yeah... getting a BFP toward the end of this year would be good.

Milo normally sleeps 9 - 12 hours at night, so getting up between 6-7 on most days, which is good as thats the time I'll need to be getting him up when I go back to work.

Sometimes he wakes 40-60 minutes after his last feed, usually if he needs to burp, he gets soooo much wind.

Being very quiet over here girls!!

How is everyone - where is everyone!! Hope all babies are being good babies (?!?!? who am I kidding, LOL!)

Guess what - I returned my electric pump the other day to the hospital and went onto the hand one with the aim of weaning in June, and well, went to the loo and low and behold my cycles had returned.....

Glad they are back but made me realise that I was kind of enjoying not having that little chore each month, LOL. AND whoever said the pain is less after childbirth was LYING!!

Hope all is well with everyone,

congratulations ?

It's been so long since I've had AF and I'm not missing it at all.

I've been a bit naughty this week with the easter eggs and Alex didn't feed well on Tuesday or today. I need some sort of electric shock for when I go to get an egg.

On the plus side, Alex eats the home made pear and apple mush I make. He has the baby cereal in the morning, fruit for lunch and sometimes fruit for tea.

As for being good - he's good at home most of the time and good a night, but when we're out he won't sleep in the pram or at someone elses house. *sigh* can't have it all, I guess.

Hi there!
    Deb - sorry, I was sure I posted in here after you put your head in....Hmm. Anyway, that's excellent that you're TTC again, YAY! I've been thinking of it and have another referal to IVF but am not sure whether I want to start just yet or not...

Ray - YAY on Milo's much better routine!

Barb- I hear you on the choccie. I'm allergic to meil but can have the jewish eggs and totally made a pig of myself...it seems to be becoming a habit of mine recently. Glad to hear the solids are going well. Kyla isn't at all interested in the rice cereal but seems to like the vegie mixes and some fruit. She loves to blurt atm, which isn't a good combination when feeding her nice bright orange pumpkin!!!

Gab- How are you enjoying motherhood? It sounds as though Tomas is thriving! Glad to hear that the helmet is not imminent.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast